Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

Old 06-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
mrdragonfly1234

Default Is time an illusion ?

Recently, I am beginning to feel that I am just trapped in a boundary set by space and time.

Is there anyone else who feels that you are from some place where you had been completely free from time and space, originally, then feeling trapped ?
mrdragonfly1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
torus
Inactive

"a persistent one" said Albert.

My "musical mind" is so connected to the application of "time" that the question is redundant. When I truly improvise, I'm conscious of a deeper pulse which is intimately connected with "intent" and groove, and to play with the parameters of strict time by pushing the beat, playing behind it, playing over the bar lines seamlessly. This is "spontatneous" time. The intellect is freed from clock/metronome time....sort of. Regardless, there's an underlying pulse that has GOT TO SWING!! Could you imagine if it was only the FASTEST orchestras and musicians who were considered the "best"?
Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony executed in 7 minutes. You'd get things done quicker, but the music would be lost.
I'll leave time bending to bigger brains on their quest to "conquer space"...
torus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
merlincove
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdragonfly1234 View Post
Recently, I am beginning to feel that I am just trapped in a boundary set by space and time.

Is there anyone else who feels that you are from some place where you had been completely free from time and space, originally, then feeling trapped ?
that's an interesting concept, mrdragonfly, and one i have experienced fleetingly in meditation, though not in a real sense. On a Higher Level, time is illusory, in and of itself - it doesn't exist outside of the spacial arena (as it is intricately linked with space) - and is a purely man made construct to measure space and reflect one thing happening after another.

To your Higher Self time is simply a construct within the matrix, perhaps you are sensing your higher self and becoming more at one with it?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #4
torus
Inactive

Forgive me for imposing my musical tastes but this is just such a prime musical example of time bending. Along with one of the finest be-bop guitar solos of the "post modernists", Pat Metheny.
Joyous, healing music from these chaps.

Have You Heard?

torus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:27 AM   #5
mrdragonfly1234

Thank you for your responses, torus, merlincove.

At least, I knew that someone is responding, and I am very happy.

I am not a scientist, but I used to be a student of science. I was born in an Asian culture where thinking process is traditionally more intuitive- in other words, non-scientific. Then I had to learn how to think in a scientific way.

Long story short,

What is the nature of our minds ? Is it something that could be completely free from time and space ? Let's say that the entire site of this forum with it's entire posts in the last 5 years have been packaged in a computer memory chip.

They would consist of a few grams of precious metals, silicone and plastic in material. But we look closely, it is the dense aggregation of signals between"0" and "1".

But we all know that they contain thousands of many people's thoughts.

Are these thoughts now free from the restriction of time and space ? Then what are we, who can create these timeless, spaceless ideas but bound by time and space ?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #6
mrdragonfly1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by torus View Post
Forgive me for imposing my musical tastes but this is just such a prime musical example of time bending. Along with one of the finest be-bop guitar solos of the "post modernists", Pat Metheny.
Joyous, healing music from these chaps.

Have You Heard?

Pat Metheny Group - "Have You Heard" on Night Music - YouTube

If someone who "felt" a certain idea, by listening the music "Have you heard", now felt exactly same idea when he saw this drawing ;

Are we merely experiencing the same idea through different mediums ?

- One with a two dimensional medium and the other with a timeline medium ?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #7
size_of_light

Quote:

Long story short,

What is the nature of our minds ? Is it something that could be completely free from time and space ? Let's say that the entire site of this forum with it's entire posts in the last 5 years have been packaged in a computer memory chip.

They would consist of a few grams of precious metals, silicone and plastic in material. But we look closely, it is the dense aggregation of signals between"0" and "1".

But we all know that they contain thousands of many people's thoughts.

Are these thoughts now free from the restriction of time and space ? Then what are we, who can create these timeless, spaceless ideas but bound by time and space ?
"Time" is just an expression of impermanence.

It's the nature of everything to be continuously changing because nothing has any fixed, inherent and independent nature of it's own.

There are no 'things' when you examine them closely; all 'things' are without stable, lasting boundaries or any other definable and permanent qualities that can be pinpointed and identified as their eternal essence or thing-ness.

Things only appear to 'exist' as things until causes and conditions change those things into the appearance of different things, e.g. an acorn becomes a tree, an iceblock becomes a puddle of water.

The experience of that natural process of change and impermanence that is continuously and simultaneously occuring on the subatomic level, as your thoughts, emotions and perceptions, and on the macro and cosmic scales, is another "thing" we apply a label to, and we call it "time."

Last edited by size_of_light; 06-03-2012 at 04:12 AM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #8
mrdragonfly1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post
"Time" is just an expression of impermanence.

It's the nature of everything to be continuously changing because nothing has any fixed, inherent and independent nature of it's own.

There are no 'things' when you examine them closely; all 'things' are without stable, lasting boundaries or any other definable and permanent qualities that can be pinpointed and identified as their eternal essence or thing-ness.

Things only appear to 'exist' as things until causes and conditions change those things into the appearance of different things, e.g. an acorn becomes a tree, an iceblock becomes a puddle of water.

The experience of that natural process of change and impermanence that is continuously and simultaneously occuring on the subatomic level, as your thoughts, emotions and perceptions, and on the macro and cosmic scales, is another "thing" we apply a label to, and we call it "time."

Thanks a lot for clarifying my confusion.

I am very happy to find others who have this view. Could you tell me how did you realize this ? or is there any youtube that explains this view ?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
mrdragonfly1234

If the time and space that we are perceiving as entities are , in fact , are just a tiny segment of their entirety, or maybe an illusion from our perspective,

Why are we here inside this illusion , amid stream ?

Are you, me and others all part of this illusion , also ?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:49 AM   #10
size_of_light

Quote:
I am very happy to find others who have this view. Could you tell me how did you realize this ? or is there any youtube that explains this view ?
It's along the lines of the Tibetan Buddhist teachings I've studied on impermanence and emptiness. I hope my very limited degree of basic understanding does it justice.

If you can stablise a practice of mindful awareness in meditation and then continue to integrate it in daily life, you can begin to appreciate the impermanent nature of everything in a completely practical, experiential way, and the stability of that view can allow you to begin to perceive all experiences and time itself as illusory manifestations of change entering into and occuring in the one eternal moment.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #11
jconnar

Everything happens right now.

Now is constantly changing.
jconnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #12
heartbeatsalute

Glad you started this thread on Time Mrdragonfly1234.
It is a subject most people like.
I found this other thread on time that had been started some time ago, it seems, but most people are banned, so it is better you continue with yours.

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=5946
WHAT IS TIME?
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 06-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
chiyo

Quote:

I can relate to that, the place you describe reminds me of the place I go to when I dream. My dreams feel like reality, familiar, like I'm home, except with limitless possibility, I feel free.. and then I wake up and feel kind of trapped again by the day's schedule, all the things I have to do that day.
chiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
somethinganonymous

Quote:

yup... I think its spirit that we are, that got trapped in matter, and, since matter is bound by generation, de-generation and re-generation, we experience 'time' while being trapped in matter.
somethinganonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
jon galt

the mind and universe exist outside space and time.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
mrdragonfly1234

So there is a thing beyond the universe and it can move in a hyperlight speed. Then the universe begin to shrink in relative to this thing.

When the entire universe becomes a dot, then this thing slows down.

Then the big bang starts with the time and space.

The dream begins again.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #17
mrdragonfly1234

Everyone probably will know the twins (mind game) experiment about Einstein theory.

There are twin brothers. One is left, the other rides the rocket that flies close to light speed. 10 years later in the earth, the other brother came back. The other brother has gotten older by only 1 year while the brother on the earth has gotten 10 years older.

Let's twist a little bit more.

If the brother who was left in the earth sends a telepathy signal to the other brother on the exactly 6 months passed,( half point in the timeline) would the other brother in the rocket receive this signal at 5 years later or 6 months later ? ( in reference to earth timeline, namely, in the earth time)

Last edited by mrdragonfly1234; 06-03-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #18
mrdragonfly1234

If the twin brother who rides the rocket gets the signal at 5 year point ( earth time) then it means that "minds" are also subjected to Einstein theory and can't be everywhere at the same time.

If the twin brother receives the signal at 6 month point (earth time), then it means that minds can be everywhere at the same time regardless of space/time restriction.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #19
mrdragonfly1234

There are many versions of how big bang started on youtube.

I added one more just now. ( editing a film from BBC, background music and sound effect. )

Watch, it's short.

Old 07-03-2012, 04:21 AM   #20
heartbeatsalute

Time does not exist.
It is a concept men invented ,so we could organize our society, due to the fact that with the rotation of the Earth, we could have certain hours of light and certain hours of darkness. So finally the wrist watch was invented, with which we have organized ourselves, and our society. This is utilitarian time,
nothing more, it is false ,but we need it. Wether its light or full of darkness, time does not exist, it is us who age, but after we die ,everything continues as usual. Time is infinite. Time is Oneness. But we use this farce to get organized.
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.

Last edited by heartbeatsalute; 07-03-2012 at 06:01 AM.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote