Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Exposing Child Abuse

Old 18-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
logos880

Default School used student laptop webcams to spy on them

According to the filings in Blake J Robbins v Lower Merion School District (PA) et al, the laptops issued to high-school students in the well-heeled Philly suburb have webcams that can be covertly activated by the schools' administrators, who have used this facility to spy on students and even their families.The issue came to light when the Robbins's child was disciplined for "improper behavior in his home" and the Vice Principal used a photo taken by the webcam as evidence. The suit is a class action, brought on behalf of all students issued with these machines.

If true, these allegations are about as creepy as they come. I don't know about you, but I often have the laptop in the room while I'm getting dressed, having private discussions with my family, and so on. The idea that a school district would not only spy on its students' clickstreams and emails (bad enough), but also use these machines as AV bugs is purely horrifying.

Schools are in an absolute panic about kids divulging too much online, worried about pedos and marketers and embarrassing photos that will haunt you when you run for office or apply for a job in 10 years. They tell kids to treat their personal details as though they were precious.

But when schools take that personal information, indiscriminately invading privacy (and, of course, punishing students who use proxies and other privacy tools to avoid official surveillance), they send a much more powerful message: your privacy is worthless and you shouldn't try to protect it.

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/02/17...Boing+Boing%29
Old 18-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
anyuser

I seen this earlier but was waiting to post. Too many articles on board recently but this is horrific. I have heard about this before though in some other article months ago. Apparently this isn't the only school to do this unfortunately. A good thing to do is to cover your cam/ make sure it shows a light when its on so you will know. If not, well could be record you all the time/show you live. Unfortunately most people don't take time out to look into the issues like this and spyware and then you have broadcasting/recording of everyone who hasn't looked into the issues. Its super important to have a pc decrapifier, antivirus, firewall, malware remover, ad blocker, and a vpn wouldn't hurt also. Prob would recomend window washer & webroot internet security (firewall/virus protection) + comodo internet security also
The intelligentsia put out fakes and disinformation into some of the alternative media sources on the internet. Most of the alternative media is controlled by British Intelligence and the Deutsche Verteidigungs Dienst in order to try and steer the minds of the awakening few so no one can slip the net of slavery and illusion. Most of the U.S. alternative media is actually run by Knight of Malta. source unhived mind website
anyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
vera susa
Banned

Location: The NEW CAPITAL of The WORLD, BALLARAT, VICTORAIA, AUSTRALIA

Funny, so many 'members', not at all concerned
that 'someone' can likewise spy on them, from
their own pc's.........
vera susa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
beldazar

And they are handing laptops out like smarties over here, complete with free broadband for a year, lol

Anyone with half a brain knows that anything free off the government is NOT for our benefit.

I threw my letter of entitlement straight in the bin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sipD...layer_embedded
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
metacomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by logos880 View Post
Schools are in an absolute panic about kids divulging too much online, worried about pedos
And yet there was most likely a network tech watching girls undress through these things.
metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
logos880

Quote:
Originally Posted by vera susa View Post
their own pc's.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by beldazar View Post
And they are handing laptops out like smarties over here, complete with free broadband for a year, lol

Anyone with half a brain knows that anything free off the government is NOT for our benefit.

I threw my letter of entitlement straight in the bin!
In the context of education, a free laptop for every child to take home with them is completely unnecessary and I don't see the educational benefits. A laptop for every child makes sense in the context of gov't espionage and does not make sense in an educational context.
Old 18-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
princessofwands

In the book 1984 there was a screen in every room that was watching you continuously and you couldn't switch it off. It's coming....

I also wonder about digital TVs. Didn't someone from the industry once say there was a hidden camera inside each one?

TURN THE WHOLE LOT OFF before you have sensitive conversations.

Last edited by princessofwands; 18-02-2010 at 05:21 PM.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #8
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post
In the book 1984 there was a screen in every room that was watching you continuously and you couldn't switch it off. It's coming....

I also wonder about digital TVs. Didn't someone from the industry once say there was a hidden camera inside each one?

Not a hidden camera, but, I have seen a patent on this website that showed one of the manufacturers flat screen with camera lenses spaced over the screen - in other words part of the pixel make-up.

If you get enough lenses then when you collect them they produce a high quality image.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha

www.thrivingaudios.com
mark1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
actaeons_revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post

You people are starting to worry about this shit NOW?? Haven't any of you realized yet that everything they sell to you is used to spy on you? I have first hand knowledge that this has been going on since at least the early 80s. The cameras are in the televisions and the bugs are in the ventilation systems/air conditioners. Did anybody who saw that movie The Truman Show not realize that this shit is really happening to everyone? That movie is the true story of modern life! Remember, just because they allowed you to see those super small cameras in the 90s doesn't mean they didn't exist decades beforehand.
actaeons_revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #10
logos880

Quote:
Originally Posted by actaeons_revenge View Post
You people are starting to worry about this shit NOW?? Haven't any of you realized yet that everything they sell to you is used to spy on you? I have first hand knowledge that this has been going on since at least the early 80s. The cameras are in the televisions and the bugs are in the ventilation systems/air conditioners. Did anybody who saw that movie The Truman Show not realize that this shit is really happening to everyone? That movie is the true story of modern life! Remember, just because they allowed you to see those super small cameras in the 90s doesn't mean they didn't exist decades beforehand.
You might be right about that. I'm of the opinion that whenever the elite reveal information to the masses it is because that information was going to be discovered by the masses. This way they can manipulate the info. Its like damage control.
Old 18-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #11
gallifrey
Inactive

I am fortunate that I have sufficient knowledge to prevent ANY unauthorised access to my machine. I know every minute detail of my hardware, software, and every single incoming and outgoing connection, all updated in real time. Good luck trying to spy on my activity.
gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
jakemaverick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallifrey View Post
I am fortunate that I have sufficient knowledge to prevent ANY unauthorised access to my machine. I know every minute detail of my hardware, software, and every single incoming and outgoing connection, all updated in real time. Good luck trying to spy on my activity.
i wd be kinda justified in saying that to....but sad fact is no one person can possibly understand every single line of code that is in the o/s, never mind the rest.....and u can't be in your own home all the time......don't even need to bother with formalities of bullshitting a judge into granting a warrant (RIPA) and it's not just the spooks, technically the bin men can do it!

it's been well known that these perverts having been spying like this on people for many years- just surprised that they're being so blatant abt it now!

i know they're spying on me....to what extent can't be entirely sure!
jakemaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #13
gallifrey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaverick View Post
i wd be kinda justified in saying that to....but sad fact is no one person can possibly understand every single line of code that is in the o/s, never mind the rest.....and u can't be in your own home all the time......don't even need to bother with formalities of bullshitting a judge into granting a warrant (RIPA) and it's not just the spooks, technically the bin men can do it!

it's been well known that these perverts having been spying like this on people for many years- just surprised that they're being so blatant abt it now!

i know they're spying on me....to what extent can't be entirely sure!
Trust me, I lead a very sad life which revolves around my computers. I wrote half of the software on them myself, and modified and compiled my own linux kernel, and built my own hardware firewall out of an old Pentium II. No data gets in or out of this machine without me saying so.
Old 18-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #14
jakemaverick
Banned

Quote:
Trust me, I lead a very sad life which revolves around my computers. I wrote half of the software on them myself, and modified and compiled my own linux kernel, and built my own hardware firewall out of an old Pentium II. No data gets in or out of this machine without me saying so.
trust me, you can never be hundred percent sure? the g-men go out of their way to to recruit the best of the best in these fields.....by making your machine so secure you're actually providing a challenge for them, irresistable....you've painted a target on your head!

wish i cd do linux.....tried a few months back and the bastard thing tried to set up my machine as RAID and i lost all my backed up files....cnt risk that agn! on a very crappy machine by today's standards and as not allowed money anymore no chance of ever getting another....
Old 18-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #15
vetis

Quote:
their own pc's.........
that crap was years ago, 10 or so, with a flash exploit.
Old 18-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #16
gallifrey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaverick View Post
trust me, you can never be hundred percent sure? the g-men go out of their way to to recruit the best of the best in these fields.....by making your machine so secure you're actually providing a challenge for them, irresistable....you've painted a target on your head!

wish i cd do linux.....tried a few months back and the bastard thing tried to set up my machine as RAID and i lost all my backed up files....cnt risk that agn! on a very crappy machine by today's standards and as not allowed money anymore no chance of ever getting another....
Ah, well, I do agree that there is no such thing as 100 % certainty....but I am a great believer in damage limitation. And making the bastards work hard!
Old 18-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #17
jakemaverick
Banned

Quote:
Ah, well, I do agree that there is no such thing as 100 % certainty....but I am a great believer in damage limitation. And making the bastards work hard!
me too man! PM me, u can give me some tips if u like.....;-)
Old 18-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #18
rhydra

Companies are working on "telescreens," the pixels which make the picture will one day be used to sent pictures back. They already have screens that can recognise hand gestures, you won't simply be able to tape over the webcam if you want privacy. In some the pixels are being developed like a compound eye that can watch the viewer.
Old 19-02-2010, 12:01 AM   #19
mrindigo
Inactive

Quote:
their own pc's.........

Oh not just from your PC's, but your cellphone, and television cable boxes too. The only way to make sure you aren't being spied on through your own phone and laptop, is to remove the power source. That means unplugging the laptop and removing the battery, and removing the battery for your phone. Even though the devices appear to be off, they can still draw power from the battery to power onboard cameras and microphones.

Last edited by mrindigo; 19-02-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: typo
mrindigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #20
jakemaverick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrindigo View Post

Oh not just from your PC's, but your cellphone, and television cable boxes too. The only way to make sure you aren't being spied on through your own phone and laptop, is to remove the power source. That means unplugging the laptop and removing the battery, and removing the battery for your phone. Even though the devices appear to be off, they can still draw power from the battery to power onboard cameras and microphones.
just pulling the battery doesn't work on the newer models....they got wise to that one! another mini battery built in, that u got no hope of finding nver mind discoonecting....just enough to power the camera/ mike/ locator (if built wirless on laptops...)