Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 27-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
tinmenace

Exclamation You are not your Star Sign

The energetic imprint of the universe, that is stamped upon you at the moment of your birth, is not actually WHO you are. It is simply the frequency of your PHYSICAL self, which steers your ship during your travels in this dimension.

An understanding of this energy's "strengths" and "weaknesses" along with an understanding and tolerance of others' energy fields is a very good way to navigate treacherous waters.

Simply saying "...oh well this is just the way I am because I'm [insert sun sign here]..." shows a disinterest in the bigger picture as well as a lack of self control.

It's not mind over matter, because mind is your physical frequency. It's consciousness over mind, because consciousness is who you really are without the trappings of a physical body and all its complications.

Know yourself like the captain of a ship knows every dent and sparkle of his vessel...and above all - be honest about it especially to yourself.

tinmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
sm1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmenace View Post
The energetic imprint of the universe, that is stamped upon you at the moment of your birth, is not actually WHO you are. It is simply the frequency of your PHYSICAL self, which steers your ship during your travels in this dimension.

An understanding of this energy's "strengths" and "weaknesses" along with an understanding and tolerance of others' energy fields is a very good way to navigate treacherous waters.

Simply saying "...oh well this is just the way I am because I'm [insert sun sign here]..." shows a disinterest in the bigger picture as well as a lack of self control.

It's not mind over matter, because mind is your physical frequency. It's consciousness over mind, because consciousness is who you really are without the trappings of a physical body and all its complications.

Know yourself like the captain of a ship knows every dent and sparkle of his vessel...and above all - be honest about it especially to yourself.

Cool post
Old 27-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
amercury

Quote:
shows a disinterest in the bigger picture as well as a lack of self control.
I agree Astrology can offer us a lot of information but like any thought system it limits us.
We don't have to be confined into these little boxes, we have so many choices.

Last edited by amercury; 27-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.
amercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Good post, it's a facinating subject but it should never be taken as rules to live you life by. A person should never give up and abandon themselves to fate because of a horoscope, that is just lame
unusual_suspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
tinmenace

Old 28-02-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
quetzalcoatl

Arrow

Quote:

So if I'm not the frequency that steers the ship, yet I should strive to be the captain & know myself, then, who the fuck am I??? - I'm going slightly mad...
Old 28-02-2010, 08:00 AM   #7
azureangel

Thumbs up Astrology is a very old science

I've posted this before, I think. Agreed, TM, that your sun sign does not completely define you. There are other planets and their relation to each other, as well as the effects of the planetary energies on you as a person. I would beg to differ in that although I do think astrology applies in this universal matrix, not in our total being, that we do feel emotional and psychic effects as well. The daily horoscope posted may or may not fit for you; it's based on zero degrees of the sun sign. If you were born under later degrees then it will apply less. However, as an astrologer who has studied my own chart and that of others deeply, there's much to learn to improve ourselves and understand others. There's a field called evolutionary astrology which has room for personal evolution. For example, Scorpio has 3 forms it manifests as: 1) the scorpion, controlling, competitive, sexual, intense, loyal. 2) The snake, beginning to become wise, move around obstacles, find fluidity. 3) The phoenix, as anyone ruled by Pluto is almost forced to die to their old selves and transform. That's the highest manifestation of Scorpio. It's a really interesting and enlightening field. The more you learn in fact, the less you are limited...Love, angel
azureangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
subl1minal

Awesome post as always

Last edited by subl1minal; 28-02-2010 at 10:32 AM.
subl1minal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
tinmenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by azureangel View Post
The more you learn in fact, the less you are limited...Love, angel
Exactly my point

Old 28-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
tinmenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by subl1minal View Post
Awesome post as always
Old 28-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
dngrs

so the Whats your star sign? thread should be un sticked and this thread moved in it's place
dngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
himitsunomiko

That is true.

If you look at Vedic Astrology, the birth chart tells of your general course of life, when made according to the Nakshastra, rising sign.

It is the karma you must face, not the decisions you will make.

The chart is a tool to help better navigate indeed, for if you know how the road head looks, you can turn the wheel appropriately.

Another point also, is that some would like to deny the affects that the planets have on us, and the earth all together. To deny that is to deny the interconnectedness of all things, and say they exist one their own, but in reality, it is co-balanced.

Unfortunately after the genocide of pagans, much of the knowledge of the people who lived according to this balance, was erased, locked up in the vatican, or destroyed. And people who lived according to were killed.
himitsunomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #13
unusual_suspect
Inactive

I was in to astrology big time before I found out about the sidereal zodiac and got confused.

It makes total sense but many peoples planets and points end up being in different signs. Eg, I would be an Aquarius not a Pisces, my other half would be a Taurus and not a Gemini etc. The thing is that the both the sideral and tropical zodiacs both seem to be correct.

I'm having a break from it!
Old 23-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #14
starshine
Banned

I personally believe that the Asc is the real starsign of the person.
starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #15
himitsunomiko

Cool. So does Vedic Astrology.

The real activists standing up for man kind and the planet.
himitsunomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 11:28 PM   #16
lakkimakki
Banned

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/v...y-e-books.html
lakkimakki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #17
fishonwheels

From what little I know Vedic astrology is very timing-oriented. Dashas. When major events and turning points take place in your life. Whereas "western astrology" personality-oriented.

What bothers me about vedic astrology is it seems very fatalisitic, as if you're at complete mercy of the cosmos. But I know too little about it so I won't go on.

With the tropical zodiac I find transits and progressions to be pretty damn accurate in indicating the shifting energy of your life just one example my ruling planet saturn just moved into my 9th and of late I've become quite studious.

Then again I haven't experimented with different house systems; that can be a nightmare, not sure in which houses the planets fall.

Helio-centric...hmmm...anyone?
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #18
palomino

Good one tinmenace.

I think the daily horoscopes are a form of brainwashing.
palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #19
pinder

I actually mentioned Astrology in my psychology class the other day! Its ironic Astrology in many ways is just as accurate as science and in my opinion it is actually more reliable. However it’s been neglected.

Check this, genetics argues if you have certain genes you will behave a certain way, but with astrology if you are born when the sun is at a certain angle you should behave a certain way - either way we do not know the exact genes which determine a person’s behaviour just like we don’t not know the exact angle of the sun when you are born - they are very similar science is obviously just more empirical but just because we can see something doesn’t mean it’s real!

Last edited by pinder; 24-03-2010 at 12:14 PM.
pinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
unusual_suspect
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishonwheels View Post

Helio-centric...hmmm...anyone?
Well, I have knocked the astrology on the head for a while as all the various house systems etc were just getting confusing, they cant all be right lol.

Really, helio-centric is the only one that makes sense seeing as the planets actually do orbit the Sun.