Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Astrology / Tarot / Numerology

Old 31-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
willard

Default 8:23 or twenty three or W

I used to see 23 a lot, much more than any other number. Like every time I looked at my watch, carts on platforms, a book page etc etc.
I know of 23's reputation and was glad to see other people picked up on it too.

23 found me now I find that 23 is connected with leaving, exit, the end.
Which makes sense to me because the next whole number is 24, which is generally broken down into smaller numbers.
willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:49 AM   #2
clozaril
Inactive

my favourite time used to be 4:23 it didn't last long though ..hehe

also i got a book in a second hand shop called 23 steps to success and acheivment and it was in it's 23rd reprint !!!

but yeah once you start looking for it you see it everywhere......i live at no.23
clozaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
eyepod
Banned

Robert Anton Wilson wrote about the "23 Enigma" in Cosmic Trigger I : The Final Secret of the Illuminati. You often see the number 23 used in films such as on buses, house numbers and such like.

Quote:
The "23 Enigma" refers to the belief that all incidents and events are directly connected to the number 23, some permutation of the number 23, or a number related to the number 23, given enough ingenuity on the part of the interpreter.

Discordianism

The "23 Enigma" in Discordianism is the belief that all events are connected to the number 23, given enough ingenuity on the part of the interpreter. It can be seen in Robert Anton Wilson and Robert Shea's Illuminatus! trilogy (therein called the "23/17 phenomenon"), Wilson's Cosmic Trigger I: The Final Secret of the Illuminati (therein called "The Law of fives" and "The 23 Enigma"), Arthur Koestler's Challenge of Chance, as well as the Principia Discordia. In these works, 23 is considered either lucky, unlucky, sacred to the goddess Eris, sinister, sacred to the unholy gods of the Cthulhu Mythos, or strange. Discordians regard this as a corollary of the Law of Fives.
As with most numerological claims, the 23 enigma can be viewed as an example of apophenia, selection bias, and confirmation bias. In interviews, Wilson acknowledged the self-fulfilling nature of the 23 enigma, implying that the real value of the Laws of Fives and Twenty-threes lies in their demonstration of the mind's power to perceive "truth" in nearly anything.
"When you start looking for something you tend to find it. This wouldn't be like Simon Newcomb, the great astronomer, who wrote a mathematical proof that heavier than air flight was impossible and published it a day before the Wright brothers took off. I'm talking about people who found a pattern in nature and wrote several scientific articles and got it accepted by a large part of the scientific community before it was generally agreed that there was no such pattern, it was all just selective perception."[1]

In the Illuminatus! Trilogy, he expresses the same view: that one can find a numerological significance to anything, provided "sufficient cleverness."[2]
[edit] Origins

William S. Burroughs was cited by Wilson as being the first person to notice the 23 enigma:[3][4] Wilson, in an article in Fortean Times, related the following story:
I first heard of the 23 enigma from William S Burroughs, author of Naked Lunch, Nova Express, etc. According to Burroughs, he had known a certain Captain Clark, around 1960 in Tangier, who once bragged that he had been sailing 23 years without an accident. That very day, Clark’s ship had an accident that killed him and everybody else aboard. Furthermore, while Burroughs was thinking about this crude example of the irony of the gods that evening, a bulletin on the radio announced the crash of an airliner in Florida, USA. The pilot was another captain Clark and the flight was Flight 23.

eyepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
london_lad_84
Inactive

Last edited by logic bomb; 18-01-2009 at 10:40 AM.
london_lad_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
dreamweaver

The KLF were massively into this, a lot of their stuff had some connection with the number 23. Here's a list ripped from Wikipedia:

* In lyrics to the song "Next" from the album 1987: "23 years is a mighty long time".
* In periods of time: for instance, they reportedly signed a contract preventing either of them from publicly discussing the burning of a million pounds for a period of 23 years;[74] their 1997 return as 2K was "for 23 minutes only".[75]
* In numbering schemes: for instance, the debut single "All You Need Is Love" took the catalogue number JAMS 23, while the final KLF Communications Information Sheet was numbered 23; and Cauty's Ford Galaxie police car had on its roof the identification mark 23.
* In significant dates during their work: for instance, a rare public appearance by The KLF, at the Liverpool Festival of Comedy, was on 23 June 1991; they announced the winner of the K Foundation award on 23 November 1993;[76] and they burned one million pounds on 23 August 1994.[54]
Old 16-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
clozaril
Inactive

bill drummond is into this now all based round the no.17, the death of music everything has been played etc

http://www.the17.org/home.php

clozaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
dreamweaver

Interesting, didn't know about Drummond being into 17 now.

A couple of interesting things about 23 to me is that humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes and Psalm 23 is sung when we die (if we have a Christian funeral).
Old 17-12-2008, 04:15 AM   #8
alexm

This is interesting 'Willard' what you say about 8:23 . . .as I used to see 3:23 - it is also interesting as 3 is a vertical half of 8 (as a shape), so we are seeing something very similar, even if just partially.

I used to see it on digital clocks, like a video recorder or on microwave - things like that - it always was 3:22, then as I looked at it - it changed to 3:23 and I had a strange feeling like it meant something (almost like a frightening feeling, where the hairs stand up at the back of your neck).

It definitely means something. It has been written about often in mysticism - so others have noticed it. 11:11 is a different but related event.

The 1st time I saw it I knew nothing of the enigma of this or numerology or that it was something strange, it was 3:22am in the morning and I was sitting watching the TV (yes I was taking acid at the time . . .but some drugs as Icke and others notice are often portals to other realities or to the real reality) and it turned to 3:23am I said well that is early, i didn't look at a clock the rest of that day . . .then the next time I sat at that seat I looked to see what time it was . . .it was 3:22pm and as I stared it turned to 3:23pm . . . .I thought wow that is spooky . . .It was exaclty 12 hours later, to the second! but didn't pay that much attention to it, it was very strong acid . .. I was still awake that day - it happened again! yes I was still tripping and when I looked at the clock again it was 3:23am in the morning . . .that's when I freaked out . . .and I saw it continally after that (but then it was in my conscious so I noticed it more as I was aware of it)

I've done at lot of research about it and Anton Wilson gives interesting insights.

But what I have found and what resonates with me it that the number 322 is a number worshipped by the Occult / top tier Masons, particualry the Yale lodge of 'order of skull and bones' - it is related to the spirit world - i'll let you do your own research but it is certainly a number linked to the other side, spirits and the reptillian top level secrets. 33rd degree is called 33 for a reason.
alexm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #9
supertzar

Greetings, Fellow 23rdians! Since reading RAW's Cosmic Trigger, I too have developed a little "23 problem." 423 and 233 are prominent in my world. There were so many 23's and 233's and 23333's associated with the house that I bought it is not funny. It's some crazy shit, that is for sure.
Old 29-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #10
supertzar

A couple weeks ago I was thinking about the old 12x12: 144...the significance of that if any. Then I found out that 144 and 233 are consecutive numbers in the Fibonacci series. Dividing any consecutive Fibonacci numbers yields an approximation of the Golden Ratio: 1.618...

Ahhh!!! Wtf if going on? How did I miss that about 233 all these years? 144 just popped into mind out of nowhere (kind of like how certain people do and then I run into them) then later I was looking up the Fibonacci series for reasons unrelated and noticed both numbers in the series.