Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Matrix / Nature of Reality

View Poll Results: Is the LOA a Con?
Yes 40 24.10%
No 77 46.39%
Not sure 49 29.52%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2007, 01:39 AM   #21
seanx
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 14,480
Likes: 68 (42 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Unfortunately, that's not how it's marketed. It's marketed as, "ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOU IS A RESULT OF YOUR THOUGHTS, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT REALLY HARD AND IT WILL MAGICALLY COME TO YOU!"
Azure, you may have a point there. I think personally the book,
'The Secret' is very poor - it treats this topic in a very American
pop-psychology type format.

But the central idea is the most liberating idea for all mankind.

Look, we could spend lifetimes debating it - but the real joy of this
idea is that we can practice it, apply it and see for ourselves if it is
true?

In fact, this is the nature of the game we're in.

But we must remember it is NOT our thoughts that create our
reality, it is our deepest, cellular beliefs and feeling patterns,
90% of which we unconsciously inherit i.e consenual reality.

The hardest part is consciously leaving behind consenual
reality and holding the VIBRATION of what we do want.

Again, THIS IS David Icke's core message- and it is great news.
seanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 01:42 AM   #22
limelady
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,381
Likes: 48 (7 Posts)
Default Thankyou

Thanks for your post seanx.

I need say no more.
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 01:45 AM   #23
domtak
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 67
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

It's all very simple - you are what you think... if you're in a bad mood then it's just because you feel you are in a bad mood - you don't have to be - it's just a state of mind...

...easier said than done of course, but the principal is there.

Essentially, you are what you think you are. And you will attract what you want to attract.

There is no scam in those basic rules.

D
domtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 01:50 AM   #24
i am all i am
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: WITHIN ALL THAT IS
Posts: 2,787
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

BELIEF IS ALL


ALL THOUGHTS, WORDS AND ACTIONS LEAD FROM YOUR BELIEF.


IF YOUR BELIEF IS OPPOSED TO ANYTHING, THEN YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND AND UNABLE TO SEE THAT WHICH YOU ARE OPPOSED TO.


YOUR BELIEF ALLOWS YOU TO UNDERSTAND AND SEE THAT WHICH YOU BELIEVE IN HERE AND NOW WITHIN THE PHYSICAL.


THEREFORE, BELIEVING WILL ALLOW YOU TO SEE, AND THAT WHICH YOU SEE IS A CONFIRMATION OF WHAT IT IS THAT YOU BELIEVE.


TO MASTER YOURSELF, OR EXPERIENCE SELF-MASTERY, YOU WILL REQUIRE A BELIEF THAT ENCOMPASSES ALL THAT IS.


THE BELIEF THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ENCOMPASS ALL THAT IS AND THEREFORE UNDERSTAND AND SEE ALL THAT IS, IS THE BELIEF THAT ALL IS POSSIBLE.


AS ALL THAT IS IS ALREADY HERE WITHIN ITS ENTIRETY, IT BECOMES YOUR CHOICE TO ACKNOWLEDGE ALL THAT IS AND ACCEPT THAT YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL ASPECT OF ALL THAT IS.


TO ACKNOWLEDGE IS TO RECOGNISE, OR RE-COGNISE, THAT IS, ONCE AGAIN EXPERIENCE KNOWING.


TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUAL ASPECT OF ALL THAT IS, IS TO ACCEPT YOUR TRUE SELF, THE INFINITE BEING THAT YOU TRULY ARE.


WHAT YOU ARE BEING, YOU EXPERIENCE, AND IT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE OF BEING YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE HERE FOR.


THEREFORE, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO BE WILL DETERMINE YOUR EXPERIENCE, AND ONLY THROUGH YOUR EXPERIENCE CAN YOU EXPRESS SELF-MASTERY WITHIN THE PHYSICAL.
__________________________________________________ _______________

NOW-The only time you can change

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT TIME IS NOW ?

The answering of this question will show us how to utilise the tools available to create a change in our lives.

The experiences we create are a direct result of the way in which we interact through our thoughts, words and actions (mind, soul and body), with life. 'Now' is the culmination of all thoughts, words and actions, interacting simultaneously in an eternal cycle of change. The cycle of change is the reflection of the change of each individual thought, word and action, thus creating a new culmination (total) of all thoughts, words and actions, and therefore, experiences. Altering our individual thoughts, words and actions will create a new moment of now (a new total) to experience, therefore, as we change, so the world around us changes.

So what time is now ? We experience time in three distinct periods, the future, the past and the present.The future flows through the present and into the past. The future is always ahead of us until it reaches the present and is therefore unchangeable. The past has left the present and cannot be regained and is also unchangeable. The present (now) moment is the only moment that we can change as it is the only one that we are experiencing life through.

But what time is now ? Now is the part of time where you make YOUR choice. "I was..." will describe you in the past and you won't change there. "I will..." describes you in the future and once again you won't change there. By using "I am...", you are describing yourself in the moment of 'NOW', the present moment, and that is where you can make your change by making your choice on how you describe yourself.

By using positive affirmations of "I am..." you are vocalising (or bringing into action) a positive sponsoring thought about yourself. This thought will describe you in the 'now' moment and will bring forth your choice on who you would love to be. Therefore, 'now' is the time that you can change.

IF NOT YOU, WHO ?
IF NOT NOW, WHEN WILL DO ?


THE KEY

I AM ALIVE, YOU LET ME LIVE,
I AM ACCEPTING, YOU LET ME GIVE,
I AM OPEN, YOU REMOVE ALL DOORS,
I AM THANKFUL, YOU GIVE ME CAUSE.

I AM INSURMOUNTABLE, YOU BUILD ME UP,
I AM LIFE, YOU FILL MY CUP,
I AM LOVE, YOU SET ME FREE,
I AM THANKFUL, YOU CREATE WITH ME.

WHAT IS, IS NOW,
LET ME SHOW YOU HOW,
COME ALONG, ALONG WITH ME,
OUR LOVE IS THE KEY.

I AM EQUAL, YOU BALANCE ME,
I AM UNLEASHED, YOU GAVE ME THE KEY,
I AM ENLIGHTENED, YOU HELPED ME TO SEE,
I AM THANKFUL, YOU CREATE WITH ME.
__________________________________________________

This may help anyone wishing to put 'The Law Of Attraction' into practice.


With LOVE.
i am all i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 01:56 AM   #25
azure
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 55
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanx
But we must remember it is NOT our thoughts that create our reality, it is our deepest, cellular beliefs and feeling patterns, 90% of which we unconsciously inherit i.e consenual reality.
My main contention is the concept of Creating "YOUR" Reality -- you do not have a "reality" independent from the whole. There is only "the" consensus reality, of which you are merely a PART.

It's definitely important to acknowledge your influence through energy and vibration, but I'm just pointing out that you do not live in a bubble disconnected from the rest of the world and you must take into account the energy and vibration of everyone else as well.
azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 01:58 AM   #26
anders lindman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18,506
Likes: 61 (45 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am all i am View Post
G'day Anders,

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1493

Here's a thread that can help you.

"I will try..." will not work. I AM is the statement that you require. The thread that I've listed will explain to you the reason why.


With LOVE.
Yes, the now is where change is happening. And "I will try" will probably not work. More chance of making change is: "I am trying". Even better is to actively work on one's inner state, such as:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/podcasts...chievement.mp3
anders lindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #27
mynameis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,549
Likes: 2 (2 Posts)
Default Anima

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am all i am View Post
It all depends on what your idea of the self is.

Maybe if you expanded your idea of yourself you would merely see yourself appearing before you as a manifestation of your creative ability as THE CREATOR / ALL THAT IS / GOD (or whatever name that you choose to use).


With LOVE.
Anima is what gives us our selves. Anima is as old as Shinto. Anima is not the Creator's existence, but the Creator's existence is as a void less realm in conjunction with everything. The Creator of this realm of infinite Nirvana draws in upon itself like a black hole which transfers energy back to the source of Anima itself. I do not exist, and neither do you. We are all mislead. Prove your existence to yourself is the modicum of "I think therefore, I am." Howerver, I have an Anima, a spirit therefore I am. I am part of this void less creator of all parts; the defined and the undefined. Working through me like all other spirits whether animal, plant, or mineral. The purposes for all life is helping to evolve the Anima and reflect good will. Creation is the penultimate action of good will. Some would argue futilely that destruction also can, but destruction is neither first nor the end of the main Anima of the Creator.
mynameis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 02:07 AM   #28
azure
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 55
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
"I will try..." will not work. I AM is the statement that you require. The thread that I've listed will explain to you the reason why.
Affirmations are pretty silly, man. Absolutely any changes you like can be made quickly, easily and instantly -- whether that's changing and/or creating a new behaviour, belief, feeling, etc -- with NLP. Your brain is a biological computer, learn how to program it.
azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #29
seanx
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 14,480
Likes: 68 (42 Posts)
Default

Quote:
It's definitely important to acknowledge your influence through energy and vibration, but I'm just pointing out that you do not live in a bubble disconnected from the rest of the world and you must take into account the energy and vibration of everyone else as well.
Azure, Yes, you have a very good point there.

As I said, the hardest part is consciously leaving behind consenual
reality and holding the VIBRATION of what we do want.

So yes, from that perspective, you are right - we are all deeply
influenced by the external reality we unconsciously find ourselves
in i.e all the belief patterns we inherit along with the colur of our
eyes.

And I think what DAVE Icke is saying we have to WAKE UP from all
these deeply ingrained influences - and see that they are not the
whole truth.

We have been 'fed' these influences and now they are literally a part
of our DNA.

So it's not going to be easy to re-member .

You say you can't jump off a building and fly.

You're absoluely right. For most of us, such a feat would go against
all our belief systems - and so we would all fall off the building.

Because that is our deepest beliefs - that's the reality we would
all experience.

But i'VE got a feeling, in a hundred years or so...it will be quite
common.
seanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 02:22 AM   #30
i am all i am
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: WITHIN ALL THAT IS
Posts: 2,787
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Affirmations are pretty silly, man. Absolutely any changes you like can be made quickly, easily and instantly -- whether that's changing and/or creating a new behaviour, belief, feeling, etc -- with NLP. Your brain is a biological computer, learn how to program it.
And so your belief of "Affirmation are pretty silly" becomes your reality, because this is what you believe.


With LOVE.
i am all i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 02:28 AM   #31
i am all i am
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: WITHIN ALL THAT IS
Posts: 2,787
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Yes, the now is where change is happening. And "I will try" will probably not work. More chance of making change is: "I am trying". Even better is to actively work on one's inner state, such as:

http://www.stevepavlina.com/podcasts...chievement.mp3

"Try" will only allow you to try, not "do".

"I am creating wealth."
"I am wealthy."
"I am abundant."

It is the words that you use after "I AM" that are made manifest in your reality.


With LOVE.
i am all i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 02:43 AM   #32
azure
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 55
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

They're silly simply because there are much quicker and easier ways to attain results. If you're trying to change a belief:

1) Think of something that you believe absolutely, but that is non-emotional. For example, that the sun will rise tomorrow, or that breathing is good.

2) Think of something that you doubt (something that "ehh, might be, might not be", you really aren't sure about it), also non-emotional. For example, what you're going to have for supper tomorrow.

3) Once you've firmly chosen one of each category, compare how you represent them internally. Go back and forth between them and notice the differences.

What images represent that particular belief/doubt?
Is one a movie and one a still picture?
Is one more to the left and one more to the right?
Is one closer or farther away than the other?
Is one bigger or smaller than the other?
Is one more clear, or one more blurry?
Is one brighter, or one dimmer?

Are there any sounds? Notice the characteristics of them as well.

4) Once you've established how your brain encodes "beliefs" and how it encodes "doubts", think of something that you want to believe.

5) Once you've chosen, think of your new desired belief. Change all its characteristics to that of the "doubt" position.

6) Then, send it off into a point in the distance as if it were being pulled back like a slingshot... and BAM! Fire it into the "belief" position very quickly.

7) Repeat this several times until it sticks.

8) If you want to do the opposite -- ie, you have a limiting belief that you want to get rid of, reverse the process. Start it in the belief position and slingshot it into the doubt position.

9) Realize that real, profound and lasting change happens quickly and instantly and stop wasting your time with ineffective methods like endless affirmations.

Just a quick summary.
azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 02:55 AM   #33
i am all i am
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: WITHIN ALL THAT IS
Posts: 2,787
Likes: 4 (4 Posts)
Default

Merely believe that ALL is possible.

Then you can change what you choose to experience moment to moment with an affirmation.


With LOVE.

Last edited by i am all i am; 23-03-2007 at 02:57 AM.
i am all i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 02:58 AM   #34
anders lindman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18,506
Likes: 61 (45 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Just a quick summary.
Excellent stuff! I will practice it right away.
anders lindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 05:30 AM   #35
stikmata
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 248
Likes: 2 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
They're silly simply because there are much quicker and easier ways to attain results. If you're trying to change a belief:

1) Think of something that you believe absolutely, but that is non-emotional. For example, that the sun will rise tomorrow, or that breathing is good.

2) Think of something that you doubt (something that "ehh, might be, might not be", you really aren't sure about it), also non-emotional. For example, what you're going to have for supper tomorrow.

3) Once you've firmly chosen one of each category, compare how you represent them internally. Go back and forth between them and notice the differences.

What images represent that particular belief/doubt?
Is one a movie and one a still picture?
Is one more to the left and one more to the right?
Is one closer or farther away than the other?
Is one bigger or smaller than the other?
Is one more clear, or one more blurry?
Is one brighter, or one dimmer?

Are there any sounds? Notice the characteristics of them as well.

4) Once you've established how your brain encodes "beliefs" and how it encodes "doubts", think of something that you want to believe.

5) Once you've chosen, think of your new desired belief. Change all its characteristics to that of the "doubt" position.

6) Then, send it off into a point in the distance as if it were being pulled back like a slingshot... and BAM! Fire it into the "belief" position very quickly.

7) Repeat this several times until it sticks.

8) If you want to do the opposite -- ie, you have a limiting belief that you want to get rid of, reverse the process. Start it in the belief position and slingshot it into the doubt position.

9) Realize that real, profound and lasting change happens quickly and instantly and stop wasting your time with ineffective methods like endless affirmations.

Just a quick summary.

From the cult of Bandler

:tu:
stikmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 06:11 AM   #36
tru3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,779
Likes: 1 (1 Post)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafire View Post
It ranks up there with "I'll die for all your sins", but yeah, its hook is an advertiser's wet dream; follow your feelings!

I hear people talking about this everywhere now, its become normal conversation at parties, at work, and most influentially as polite fodder mentioned in passing.
you know, after all this time, i've got a pretty good picture of what you don't believe, teslafire, but i'm not quite clear on what you DO believe.

let me be clear on where i stand. if i am deluded in your eyes, then it is a delusion of my own choosing. it resonates for me. i can stand on a rock and tell you i have consciously co-created a better life for myself. all the contrarianism in the world doesn't change THAT reality.

i AGREE with you that the loa is being manipulated by some. but everybody has the right to investigate their own path. pumping it up is just as bad as bashing it. there are some things about the loa that nobody talks about in all the typical rush to cash in. it's hard frikkin work changing subconscious belief systems. it takes a PRODIGIOUS AMOUNT OF ENERGY to manifest. hell, if it was easy as what they make it out to be on the secret, we would all be flying around in jet cars and walking on the moon by now. that doesn't mean it doesn't work; it just TAKES work; persistence, blood, piss and sweat!

i'm going on vacation for two weeks, so i plan letting all this soak away for awhile. maybe come back with some shares. have fun!

i consider this a way of life, not a belief system. there's a personal credo behind the loa, and and it's one i happen to practise not always successfully, but often enough:

"Law of One"

We are all One
When One is harmed, all are harmed
When One is helped, all are helped

Therefore in the name of Who I AM
And I AM One with All There Is
I ask that only that which is
the Highest Good of all concerned--Happen


what's your credo, teslafire?

Last edited by tru3; 23-03-2007 at 06:16 AM.
tru3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 06:33 AM   #37
anders lindman
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18,506
Likes: 61 (45 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Excellent stuff! I will practice it right away.
I found an interesting result. First I could sense the difference between belief and doubt. But then yet another thought hit me: "I who am doing this practice is MYSELF a firm belief". See what I mean? The practice in itself does not reach the root of my belief system unless I recognize that I myself is a part of the firm belief system.
anders lindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #38
emma royds
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 310
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teslafire View Post
It ranks up there with "I'll die for all your sins", but yeah, its hook is an advertiser's wet dream; follow your feelings!

Well it's already working for me. The law of attraction is nothing new, it's just the title that is new. The L.O.A has been used by shaman, metaphysicians, occultists, Personal development consultants, psychologist and by many other people in other fields of work for a long time now. If you choose to ignore it completely, you will be losing out on an opportunity to enhance your life.

Knowledge is power.
emma royds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #39
emma royds
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 310
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelady View Post
Is the Law of Attraction a scam? No.

its merely the renaming of a very old and very well known universal law known as karma.

What you sow, so shall you reep. Cause and effect, like attracts like.... Blah, blah...

If you haven't witnessed the LOA in your own life, then you must have been just as asleep as all those who are ONLY NOW beginning to wake to the understanding that they CAN begin to control their own experiences.

The Law of Attraction is a strong law.

Instead of calling it a scam, why don't you give it a try?

You MAY surprise yourself. Then again, you may not too, as it seems you already have a mindset on what is possible and what isn't, and the LOA appears to be on you "no can do" list.
Well said Limelady, people are seeing the current marketing of the L.O.A as a product to solve all your problems in a quick fix. In order for the L.O.A to work for you, you need to allow change into your life. what the L.O.A information such as the secret ect does is to inform you of how this universal law effects you and everyone else so that you can use it for your benefit. What good is wisdom without understanding.
emma royds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #40
teslafire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,038
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru3 View Post
what's your credo, teslafire?
Never trust anybody that says they've got THE key to the truth.

This claim is the axis of all human deception throughout history.

Is manifesting real? I think it is, events in my life and prayer and placebo and reading tarot cards all have shown this to me. Does that mean thoughts, and the feelings they evoke, are the prime mover of reality? No, because personal experience has also led me to believe in God/higher beings that can see and structure reality, eons beyond human thought.
__________________
“My major project at present is, in fact, to develop a theology for a new world order . . .”
by David Ray Griffin - '9/11 Truth Researcher'
From 'Toward Genuine Global Governance' in chapter entitled: Global Government, Objections Considered’
9/11: Created to be Exposed
teslafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.