Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 08-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
alisa2

Default Near Death Experiences

This thread will be dedicated to what are IMO some of the best NDEs. I've listened to so many of them sometimes I think that if I listen to one more it will not be that much different from the last one. But no, they're all different - the stories are all unique just as every individual is: unique.

4:50 “We are separate from that body.”

10:50 “People say that I'm not the same person I was then as I am now, so I'm sure some things got rewired.”

2:50 “And suddenly I have this realization that OMG I'm thinking and I'm having thoughts just like I normally would. And the realization came that whoever I am I always am and whatever's on the floor is nothing more than a shell.

3:32 "It was just this hazy energy ball."

We are not our bodies:

Man takes his last breath when the counter is at 6:20 a.m. look closely and you'll see the blinking orb rise up [4:35 mark] and pause and then continue on to the right.

Last edited by alisa2; 08-01-2019 at 11:03 PM.
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 04:29 AM   #2
alisa2

3:10 "If I could give one gift to everybody in the world it would be to give them a NDE. We'd have a totally different world."

Old 15-01-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
alisa2

3:15 Q: What happens to you, your I—your personality in that oneness?

A: I was not aware of my I—the I-ness of me. As long as I was merged I was like a receiving station—I just simply received. I received love, I received knowledge, I just received and received.”

22:35 “The quantum physicists are entertaining the thought that our brains are actually just receivers of information—that they are not capable of doing all the things that we expect it to do with the size that it is, but that it can receive huge amounts of information from another source. Where is the other source? Who is driving the other source? Who the hell knows, but, it's an interesting thought.
Old 15-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
alisa2

5:20..."We love our family , but that kind of love... has... rules."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU3-Z6NMLpU

Last edited by alisa2; 15-01-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 15-01-2019, 07:00 PM   #5
wingwang

Back in 2009 I was in a Critical Care Unit (intensive care) for 2 months and became part of a study called AWARE. Although I didn't have an NDE the study did intrigue me! Above each bed was a shelf, kinda like those shelves for analogue portable TVs but they were too close to the ceiling to put TVs on and that really confused me! To top it off, the doctors and nurses weren't allowed to say anything about the study so as not to influence things.

As I was in the ward for so long I managed to get bits of information and piece it all together. I put my thoughts to a nurse and she reluctantly filled in the gaps to my amazement! When I was able to, as was attached to all sorts of wires and tubes, I stood on my bed and had a look on the shelf above my head, it had a laminated front page of a newspaper on it!

Here's a bit more about the study:

"Background

The acronym AWARE derives from AWAreness during Resuscitation. Prior to the project, anecdotal accounts of near-death experiences had been widely publicized, many suggesting an ability on the part of subjects to accurately observe their surroundings while unconscious, looking down from a position near the ceiling. However, few scientific studies had been carried out, and only a single small-scale study in 2001 had attempted to confirm this with any rigor. 1 2 Parnia explained: ‘In this study we wanted to go beyond the emotionally charged yet poorly defined term of NDEs to explore objectively what happens when we die’.3 (Information for this article is drawn from the academic report by Parnia and his co-authors, ‘AWARE—AWAreness during REsuscitation—A prospective study’, except where otherwise noted.4)

Sites and Subjects

The study was begun in 2008 and involved fifteen hospitals in the UK, the USA and Austria.5 Two thousand and sixty cardiac arrests were recorded, from which 330 patients survived. To be eligible, patients had to

have suffered full cessation of heartbeat and respiration
be over eighteen years old
be well enough to be interviewed as judged by their physicians and caretakers
have provided consent
One hundred and forty people were deemed eligible.

Methods and Results

Methods were pilot-tested at five hospitals during 2007-2008, and fifteen hospitals were recruited. Each hospital installed between 50 and 100 high shelves in areas where cardiac arrest resuscitation was likely to happen, such as emergency rooms and intensive care wards. Each shelf held one visual image that faced upwards and therefore was only visible from a vantage point near the ceiling. The images were unique and included national and religious symbols, people, animals and major newspaper headlines.

Patients were enrolled between 2008 and 2012. An initial interview was carried out while they still in hospital, if possible, from three days to four weeks following the experience; otherwise they were contacted by telephone, between three and twelve months later. In the first interview they were asked if they remembered anything from the time of their unconsciousness. Fifty-five people answered yes, all having been verifiably unconscious as measured by lack of response to stimuli, including pain caused by chest compressions.

A second interview was carried out, based on Bruce Greyson’s 16-item NDE Scale6 to ascertain whether they had actually had experienced an NDE. Their memories while unconscious were divided into three categories:

detailed non-NDE memories without recall or awareness of events that happened around them while they were unconscious
detailed NDE memories without recall or awareness of events
detailed NDE memories with detailed auditory and/or visual awareness and recall of events
Forty-six people reported non-NDE memories, which could be divided into seven main themes: fear; animals and plants; a bright light; violence or a feeling of being persecuted; deja vu experiences; seeing family members; recalling events that likely occurred after recovery.

Seven reported NDE memories without recall or awareness of events, describing time passing either slower or faster, feelings of peace and pleasantness, being separated from their bodies, having heightened senses, and other sensations typical of NDEs. Parnia et al quote one account:

I have come back from the other side of life… God sent (me) back, it was not (my) time—(I) had many things to do… (I traveled) through a tunnel toward a very strong light, which didn’t dazzle or hurt (my) eyes… there were other people in the tunnel whom (I) did not recognize. When (I) emerged (I) described a very beautiful crystal city… there was a river that ran through the middle of the city (with) the most crystal clear waters. There were many people, without faces, who were washing in the waters… the people were very beautiful… there was the most beautiful singing… (and I was) moved to tears. (My) next recollection was looking up at a doctor doing chest compressions.7

Finally, two patients reported NDE experiences combined with auditory/visual awareness and recall of events. Both are quoted:

Recollection #1

(Before the cardiac arrest) I was answering (the nurse), but I could also feel a real hard pressure on my groin. I could feel the pressure, couldn’t feel the pain or anything like that, just real hard pressure, like someone was really pushing down on me. And I was still talking to (the nurse) and then all of a sudden, I wasn’t. I must have (blanked out)… but then I can remember vividly an automated voice saying, “shock the patient, shock the patient”, and with that, up in (the) corner of the room there was a (woman) beckoning me… I can remember thinking to myself, “I can’t get up there”… she beckoned me… I felt that she knew me, I felt that I could trust her, and I felt she was there for a reason and I didn’t know what that was… and the next second, I was up there, looking down at me, the nurse, and another man who had a bald head… I couldn’t see his face but I could see the back of his body. He was quite a chunky fella… He had blue scrubs on, and he had a blue hat, but I could tell he didn’t have any hair, because of where the hat was. The next thing I remember is waking up on (the) bed. And (the nurse) said to me: “Oh you nodded off… you are back with us now.” Whether she said those words, whether that automated voice really happened, I don’t know… I can remember feeling quite euphoric… I know who (the man with the blue had [sic] was)… I (didn’t) know his full name, but... he was the man that… (I saw) the next day… I saw this man [come to visit me] and I knew who I had seen the day before."

From: https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/a...ware-nde-study
wingwang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #6
size_of_light

Wingwang, did you voluntéer for the study in advance?
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 08:26 PM   #7
wingwang

No! The CCU ward I was on participated in the study and I was, probably more accurately, a potential recruit as the shelves were in place on the ward as it's a place where many patients die. Although near to death I didn't have an NDE and so there was no official dialogue about it. It was just my curiosity that led me to finding out was happening! It was all kept on the down-low.

Last edited by wingwang; 15-01-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Old 15-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #8
size_of_light

Totally unethical.

What if you died and floated up and read the newspaper and it featured a headline or article (or god forbid, a photo of Hillary Clinton trying to smile) that caused you to have an intense negative reaction, spinning you off into a bad afterlife or rebirth state?

Choosing a newspaper (full of propaganda and bullshit at the best of times) seems designed to provoke strong emotional reactions like this.

I wonder if they're covertly undertaking these sorts of experiments in afterlife manipulation all the time.

Last edited by size_of_light; 15-01-2019 at 09:14 PM.
Old 15-01-2019, 09:22 PM   #9
wingwang

Well, they need to prove you float away from your body in the first place. I'm trying to remember what the front page of the newspaper was... I can't, it was pretty nondescript bland stuff... But death doesn't always happen in nice places like in Soylent Green! Should there be a law banning dying whilst reading newspapers?!

Old 15-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #10
size_of_light

Whether or not it is actually possible to float up and do a bit of reading after death, it is unethical because the experiment is intended to effect an NDE patient (and by extension those who die and don't come back) in the event it is possible.

If consciousness in the after-death state is 7 or 9 times more acute than in life, as has been suggested, then even the most bland and innocuous-seeming newspaper could provoke an intense emotional response (read a newspaper while stoned or tripping to get a taste of this).

Last edited by size_of_light; 15-01-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 15-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #11
wingwang

I did have a period in my life where I dropped lots of blotters and experienced the power of the mind on my perceived reality. Whether that translates into out of body experiences is another thing, let alone transitioning to and influencing post death experience! I think once you're dead that's it, but contradicting myself, I have seen people die and have seen, for instance, an almost unnatural beam of light hitting the deceased. Perhaps that was heightened emotion. Don't know!
Old 15-01-2019, 11:58 PM   #12
alisa2

Marine Accidentally Hung Himself, 13 ft Demon Dragged Him to Hell !!!

In 1994 Marine Shawn Weed accidentally hung himself and went to hell where a 13ft demon grabbed him by the shoulder, picked him up, and headed mach-speed for the boiling lake of fire! What happened next is a divine miracle!

At the 51:20 mark he talks about being taken to hell even though he never did anything drastic that he knew of that would cause him to go to hell.

53:08: Shawn Weed: "There's a lot of good people in hell—a lot people that call themselves Christian are there, and it's because they didn't really devote their life to God—they lived one foot in and one foot out like I did. You don't have to be a bad person to go to hell. All you have to do is just be average and God doesn't call us to be average, he calls us to be holy like he is. What that really means is that you gotta—for lack of a better word—you don't have to become a bible-thumping Christian, but you should devote your life to God as much as you possibly can and if that puts me in the category of bible-thumping Christians then so be it, I'm a bible-thumping Christian. I would rather be that than in the middle, because I know what in the middle gets you –it gets you in the same place being fully against him gets you. It's kinda like what he said in Rev. ..."

Last edited by alisa2; 16-01-2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old 17-01-2019, 11:23 PM   #13
alisa2

Old 24-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #14
alisa2

Good one...

Last edited by alisa2; 25-01-2019 at 04:32 AM.
Old 19-02-2019, 11:45 PM   #15
chockimon

I've had an NDE and many OBE's and they are amazing experiences, but do we really go anywhere, or is it just our consciousness having a different type of illusionary experience. Is anything really physical? What if our reality really is a hologram, then where does our consciousness reside? Where is it, what's it's exact location? If I'm not really here, then where am I?
1. I do not take it to be true; 2. I do not take it to be false; 3. I do not say you're wrong; 4. I do not not say you're right; 5. I do not say it is true or false; 6. It is both wrong and right, true and false at the same time. Such is the dilemma of relative truth. It is just the finger pointing.
chockimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 05:45 PM   #16
alisa2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chockimon View Post
I've had an NDE and many OBE's and they are amazing experiences, but do we really go anywhere, or is it just our consciousness having a different type of illusionary experience. Is anything really physical? What if our reality really is a hologram, then where does our consciousness reside? Where is it, what's it's exact location? If I'm not really here, then where am I?

From what I gather, the psychological mind is the prison. When we have an NDE the psychological mind gets left behind. Outside of the psychological mind is real freedom. The only people I know of that achieved real freedom from the psychological mind is U.G.Krishnamurti. I'm sure there are others.

Q.: What supplies concepts and ideas?

U.G.: The mind—the psychological mind. We are all part of the same structure. Somehow, you see, since I don't know how I stepped out of it, but not by my will or volition or by my effort or by any of these things. Somehow something happened, I just found myself outside of this structure. So that can happen only when the structure inside is destroyed; otherwise, as long as the structure inside is there, you are part of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1CmyexVcgg

1:29: Our motive in questioning him is to defend and strengthen our own psychological continuity and nothing else.

2:45 First, any answers will automatically be placed into old preconceived frameworks. If they do not fit, they will be discarded without hesitation. Secondly, all questions of this kind are mental contrivances whose purpose is not dispassionate discovery, but the protection of a carefully constructed, ruthlessly guarded, psychological entity—the questioner himself. The reality he refers to can be glimpsed, not in the form of words and arguments, but in the power, grace, and inherent certainty of his every gesture and action. In the movement of a hand and in the fair even temperment one can sense that immutable something, an undefinable ease of being which sets this man apart, not as an anomoly of nature, but as the long awaited natural fulfillment of the human promise. But let the viewer make no mistake. U.G.'s simple, disarming message is not meant merely to inform or criticize. Upon closer scrutiny, one sees that this deceptively genial, unorthodoxed philosophy, is placed squarely at the working end of a battering ram.

Last edited by alisa2; 20-02-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Old 20-02-2019, 11:31 PM   #17
alisa2

Without the psychological entity, there is no time/ no place- Where there is time there is a psychological entity. Where there is no time there is timelessness. Not to worry, you can't imagine timelessness. Best way to describe is infinite value.

Last edited by alisa2; 21-02-2019 at 04:17 AM.
Old 24-02-2019, 10:55 PM   #18
alisa2

or as MargotRidler.com calls it, Infinite Life.