Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > David's Political Campaign - Archive

Old 31-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Default A new political movement

There's a lot of talk on the DIF and in these sort of websites, but little action. I don't see how the main political parties are going to be overthrown if there is no new significant political force that we all can get behind and vote for. We also need a new voting system that allows us to vote more frequently and to vote for policies not politicians. Some say that voting is futile; if so, why did the common man have to wait 1000s of years to get the vote? Because the ruling elite know it is an important device for us to register our opinions. Just as we are on the verge of taking our weak democracy to greater strength, we now have lots of New Agers/Conspiracy theorists rejecting voting and politics. Meditation is not going to remove David Cameron, but voting for a new popular political movement can.

I have started a group forum called 'A new cooperative party'
leighcgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Correction! The group forum is called 'A New Cooperative Political Movement'
Old 14-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Default Direct democracy

I have posted a thread on direct democracy in the General forum, but if you didn't read it, does anyone have any insights into British attempts at D.D. ( Direct Democracy): the current attempt being the PADD Party (People's Administration Direct Democracy).
Old 21-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Default The People's Charter

Does anyone have any views on 'The People's Charter', a series of proposals to make Britain a fairer place?
Old 22-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
carl0599

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighcgilbert View Post
Does anyone have any views on 'The People's Charter', a series of proposals to make Britain a fairer place?
yes I am totally opposed to anything which uses the word 'people' in its title I think you should start a party called 'Spaticans union party'
The Brainwashed never question why they believe what they do!
"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live" Martin Luther King Jr
carl0599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #6
leighcgilbert
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl0599 View Post
yes I am totally opposed to anything which uses the word 'people' in its title I think you should start a party called 'Spaticans union party'
Do you have any alternative names that the average person can relate to?
Regardless, what is your solution to our current weak democracy?
Old 25-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #7
tomereader
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl0599 View Post
yes I am totally opposed to anything which uses the word 'people' in its title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 AM   #8
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
There's a lot of talk on the DIF and in these sort of websites, but little action. I don't see how the main political parties are going to be overthrown if there is no new significant political force that we all can get behind and vote for. We also need a new voting system that allows us to vote more frequently and to vote for policies not politicians. Some say that voting is futile; if so, why did the common man have to wait 1000s of years to get the vote? Because the ruling elite know it is an important device for us to register our opinions. Just as we are on the verge of taking our weak democracy to greater strength, we now have lots of New Agers/Conspiracy theorists rejecting voting and politics. Meditation is not going to remove David Cameron, but voting for a new popular political movement can.

TPTB totally control the political parties and the voting process. The only things you will ever be allowed to vote on are things that don't matter. Voting USED TO BE important. It is not important today.
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 03:00 AM   #9
vancity eagle
Banned

I agree with the OP

THe elites do fear democracy, if the people get behind it and utilize it to its greatest potential.

This does not mean voting for the usual parties.

It means creating mass movements and new parties, or promoting policies that mainstream politicians cannot ignore.

It also means mass protests, and failure to keep the system alive when politicians go against public wishes.

The public must be united behind core issues. This is why the elites like to create division, but democracy is definitely a threat.

Yes the average man was prevented from voting for thousands of years, then limited democracies kept the power with the elites. We had female and minority suppression of votes as well, and voter suppression still goes on today. THis would not take place if the elites didn't care about us voting.

Again its not about voting for A or B, its about actually holding politicians accountable and not being so passive and submissive. It is about being informed and educated and having the organization to mobilize en masse. This cannot be ignored. "Occupy Wallstreet" had the right idea, but in the end lacked serious organization and specifics.

Direct democracy should be promoted. That is mass voting on specific policies, especially declarations of war etc.

Mass voting (referendums) on very important economic policies.
vancity eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 07:54 AM   #10
h2pogo
Inactive

I like this idea of co-operative government and a more direct democracy where the people actually get to vote and share.

The Social contract being forged in Rojava Syria, a kind of decentralized state, or a nation with out a state, where orders come from the bottom to the top is interesting..

May be too Radical for the UK but direct democracy with the block chain could possibly cut much of the admin costs?
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #11
iamawaveofthesea

As mentioned above the blockchain could be used as a transparent, non corruptable public ledger of how people have voted

All issues could be put to the public at every level of society to decide for themselves

This would cut out the need for expensive, gravy train riding, pig-fucking politicians who leech off our earnings

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 23-09-2015 at 11:44 AM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #12
spoons

Location: A crumbling shithole subject to the will of a delusional control freak from afar.

1) Without influence, you can change nothing.

2) We are where we are, regardless of what where we are really is.

3) We need to start using what we have because time is running out and we will soon be left with only one option: violent rebellion, and even then the window for that is closing fast.

So with that said, yes we do need a new party, something that can gain enough influence and credibility to make effective change without compromising integrity AND, with enough numbers to keep it going when faced with the inevitable engineered scandles. Once something like that is in place and has enough of a voice to gain authority, then we can look into the deeper issues of who or what has been pulling the strings. It can disclose the truth. Additionally, this needs to take place simultaniously in all nations, otherwise, there'll simply be a war to remove it.

There are simply not enough people alive to the situation to take any other road at this time, and there may never be enough people "awake" to take any other road.

See, reputation is everything if you want what you say to be taken in. If everyone thinks you're a crazy idiot, then they (the majority) will dismiss what you say even if it's glaringly obvious that it is true.

In understanding the "how and why" about so much of this, I can only let others figure it out for themselves for telling them will only make them run further away from understanding.

Last edited by spoons; 21-12-2015 at 02:12 AM.
spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2015, 05:39 AM   #13
dontpushme
Inactive

I had some similar ideas, and went so far as writing a proto-manifesto, but in the final analysis I decided the human race isn't ready for a direct democracy - if ya talk to any sheeple about serious subjects 9 times out of 10 they giggle like a child and shrug their shoulders, or they adopt a herd like knee jerk reaction. I dunno which is worse, but better the devil you know
dontpushme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2015, 07:25 AM   #14
oz93666

Quote:
Well done for taking action , leigh....In a way , there's nothing wrong with the (UK) political set up ....It's the party system which allows the controllers to do their work.... If a massive number of independent candidates were elected things would be a lot better.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
markritter
Banned

I suppose to be a party you would have to have a well thought out agenda and a person to lead. While this is obviously the same format as other parties I cant see any other format.
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2016, 07:01 PM   #16
markritter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
As mentioned above the blockchain could be used as a transparent, non corruptable public ledger of how people have voted

All issues could be put to the public at every level of society to decide for themselves

This would cut out the need for expensive, gravy train riding, pig-fucking politicians who leech off our earnings
But what happens when loads of people have poor ideas about how to resolve issues? they are going to feel pretty fed up when their views get pushed to the side. I see this as a potential grey area as not all people have the ability to resolve problems that might require a lot of thought but by narrowing down who can have a say you end up possibly forging a new elite who serve their own agenda
markritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 11:56 PM   #17
joanofarc

what we need is a really very very very very popular idea. that stands us good chance of moving closer to a utopia. or that provides us with the means to get there.

incidentally, my views on utopia is that it is not up to any one individual or group to decide what utopia is. it HAS to come from the masses. pretty much everyone that's not criminally insane. or evil etc.

so utopia is different to everyone. a utopian society looks and feels different depending on which individual you are talking to.

so here's my thought; you need to ask everyone. yes, everyone. on what utopia is. what it is to them.

there are no wrong answers.

so, a utopia in my mind, is a society where everyone has had input into the making of it.

where everyone has had the freedom to build their own part of it as they see fit.

note word: freedom.

it starts with empowerment

empowerment of the masses leading to their emanciapation

or perhaps that should be emancipation leading to empowerment

so, a universally popular idea with the masses would be great because then the main parties would have to adopt it. JUST LIKE THEY DID THE NHS.

and welfare system in uk.

it's not rocket science really.

we have to unite to get this one popular idea on board of all main parties.

in my view, amongst other things, the one thing we should find popular is for our public money to be used to make profit by going into business. start off small so as not to be too threatening and thereby get the idea take on board by even the centre right wing people.

as you grown business, people can choose how big it gets by voting with their money as consumers.

eg. a government manufactured fridge. Vs a privately company's manufactured fridge.

I, as the consumer have the CHOICE to either buy my fridge from a government owned company and see profits from that sale come back to US the PEOPLE in whichever form is most for the common good all round, OR I can buy my fridge from a privately owned company and make some fat cat's wallet even fatter.

it's fair

it's fair and square.

right wingers should agree that this is fair competition and gives the consumer MORE CHOICE, ya know the thing they always bang on about.

it gives people more FREEDOMS.

world is our oyster.

I can't believe this idea/concept isn't already being promoted out there

why not??

am I the only person that's frigging well sane and clear sighted in this country??

I don't get it

why aint other people talking about it??

jesus am I missing something really important here? or is EVERYONE ELSE??
joanofarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:06 AM   #18
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Do you have any alternative names that the average person can relate to?
Regardless, what is your solution to our current weak democracy?
Cosmic Paradigm Globalism.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #19
decode reality
Inactive

Quote:

I understand you wanting to do something, but my personal view is, it's practically impossible to enter the arena of politics and not become exactly like the thing you wish to remove or reform. History tells me this, and in my own lifetime observing how it works has shown me this.

It's like saying 'we need better teachers' but the curriculum is going to be the same. It's their arena, they define it. The world does require people who are going to help to improve it but politics just keeps the world on a treadmill - doing lots of running but staying still (or going backward).
decode reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:16 PM   #20
cosmic tramp

Quote:
Correction! The group forum is called 'A New Cooperative Political Movement'
That word co-operative holds very negative connotations for me. I used to belong to the UK Co-Op movement ( Shops/ banks/pharmacy) etc. I attended a lot of regional meetings and discovered a lot about it which left me thinking it was anything BUT co-operative with its members or their interests. The ideology of it and the reality are two very different things, in my observations. You must have heard of Paul Flowers...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 05-02-2016 at 10:37 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote