Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening > Awakening The World - Every Heart Makes A Difference

Old 25-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #41
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
It comes from the teachings of Don Juan Matus
This being the second part of it..

Self-importance requires that one spend most of one's life offended
by something or someone.

Yes now I know where I have heard it before. No wonder I posted yesterday I liked it.

Thanks.
bridgeeteyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #42
getagrip
Forum Advisor

I read the works of Castaneda as a teenager and found it set off a spark in me.
I actually bought a set of books off Ebay last year and have started re reading them. I made a post about Castaneda on here . . . somewhere !! Trying to find out what happened to him, there are some strange story's about covens and people disappearing, but I don't suppose we will ever know for sure.

Perhaps without knowing, I chose my signature for you??? funny how connections work

~ An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind ~ ***

getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #43
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
I actually bought a set of books off Ebay last year and have started re reading them. I made a post about Castaneda on here . . . somewhere !! Trying to find out what happened to him, there are some strange story's about covens and people disappearing, but I don't suppose we will ever know for sure.

Perhaps without knowing, I chose my signature for you??? funny how connections work
I read all the books and more several years ago but never quite got it Im afraid. I gave all the books away to charity. There is but one truth told in many ways I think. After giving the books away it seemed I had no path as such, it was then I spent a year with some Buddhist monks. They calmed me.

If you do feel called to the Path of Knowledge you might want to check out Ken Eagle Feathers books on the Toltec path. I read a few and found them more accessible then the Castaneda books but still struggled to grasp it fully.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 25-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Old 25-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #44
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Although I couldn't tell you what the books are specifically about I do know the Toltec Path is a path of The Heart

“A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you . . . Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone, one question . . . Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use.”
― Carlos Castaneda

If this is your path it will call you with all its Heart.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 25-06-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Old 25-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #45
getagrip
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeeteyes View Post
Although I couldn't tell you what the books were about I do know the Toltec Path is a path of The Heart

“A path is only a path, and there is no affront, to oneself or to others, in dropping it if that is what your heart tells you . . . Look at every path closely and deliberately. Try it as many times as you think necessary. Then ask yourself alone, one question . . . Does this path have a heart? If it does, the path is good; if it doesn't it is of no use.”
― Carlos Castaneda

If this is your path it will call you with all its Heart.

Old 25-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #46
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

“For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly.”
― Carlos Castaneda, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge

Old 26-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #47
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

"It will take just 37 seconds to read this and change your thinking..

Two men, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room.

One man was allowed to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his lungs.

His bed was next to the room's only window.

The other man had to spend all his time flat on his back.

The men talked for hours on end.

They spoke of their wives and families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the military service, where they had been on vacation..

Every afternoon, when the man in the bed by the window could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to his roommate all the things he could see outside the window.

The man in the other bed began to live for those one hour periods where his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outside.

The window overlooked a park with a lovely lake.
Ducks and swans played on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm amidst flowers of every color and a fine view of the city skyline could be seen in the distance.

As the man by the window described all this in exquisite details, the man on the other side of the room would close his eyes and imagine this picturesque scene.

One warm afternoon, the man by the window described a parade passing by.

Although the other man could not hear the band - he could see it in his mind's eye as the gentleman by the window portrayed it with descriptive words.

Days, weeks and months passed.

One morning, the day nurse arrived to bring water for their baths only to find the lifeless body of the man by the window, who had died peacefully in his sleep.

She was saddened and called the hospital attendants to take the body away.

As soon as it seemed appropriate, the other man asked if he could be moved next to the window. The nurse was happy to make the switch, and after making sure he was comfortable, she left him alone.

Slowly, painfully, he propped himself up on one elbow to take his first look at the real world outside.
He strained to slowly turn to look out the window besides the bed.

It faced a blank wall.

The man asked the nurse what could have compelled his deceased roommate who had described such wonderful things outside this window.

The nurse responded that the man was blind and could not even see the wall.

She said, 'Perhaps he just wanted to encourage you.'

Epilogue:

There is tremendous happiness in making others happy, despite our own situations.
Shared grief is half the sorrow, but happiness when shared, is doubled.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.
'Today is a gift, that is why it is called The Present .'

The origin of this letter is unknown, but please pass it on.
"
Old 27-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #48
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
Maybe getagrip, this is the 'spark' you were looking for as a teenager.

It is Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling painting. The Creation of Adam. The imparting of the spark of life from his own finger into that of Adam. Signifying they are 'not-two'.

I love this picture. It is in my room on the wall at home.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 27-06-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 27-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #49
getagrip
Forum Advisor

Good Morning bridgeeteyes
It's going to be a beautiful day

Old 27-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #50
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Beautiful image, thank you.

You have changed your signature. Why? Your previous one had power, it contained the actual means to achieve inherent happiness.

" When you accept this moment as it is, you can feel a sense of spaciousness within you that is deeply peaceful. Neither happiness nor unhappiness, go all that deep anymore. They are ripples on the surface of your Being. The background peace within you remains undisturbed regardless of the nature of the outside condition. ~ Eckhart Tolle"

Have a nice day getagrip.

Last edited by bridgeeteyes; 27-06-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 27-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #51
salutations
Inactive

Blessings on this day

Venus enters Leo

Glorious, bold expressionism and creativity comes to life for the next 30 days.

Jupiter enters Cancer

A time of deep insights into family, and about others.

I see this period as a nurturing, creative time.

Namaste

Salutations
salutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #52
getagrip
Forum Advisor

Ah!, there is method in my madness. I plan to spam all the spiteful threads on this forum and subliminally make everyone . . . . 'Be happy'. It's a simple message, I like it.

* Disclaimer; To any mods following this thread, I'm not really spamming, just spreading the love

Old 27-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #53
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Ahh but is this not the root of all our misery...having to be something all the time. Be Happy, means you can not just 'Be' you have to become something, you have to become happy. Why can't we just simply BE. End all this 'becoming'. The act of becoming is endless, while just BEING is timeless.

"It is a present actual fact. Looking to become something is completely conceptual, merely an idea. .”

― Jean Klein

Like your picture though and I like your enthusiastic energy. Maybe your signature will infect a few grumpies.
Old 27-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #54
getagrip
Forum Advisor

Haha !! your post made me smile. You are quite right in what you say, I was going to write 'just . . . Be' not sure why I didn't. perhaps the signature I have at the moment will resonate with someone in particular.

And no doubt, I will change it soon depending on my mood.
You have a nice high vibration, I like it

Old 27-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #55
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
Haha !! your post made me smile. You are quite right in what you say, I was going to write 'just . . . Be' not sure why I didn't. perhaps the signature I have at the moment will resonate with someone in particular.
Just Be
Old 27-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #56
getagrip
Forum Advisor

As you can tell, I'm not very grounded today - Have put my boots on, a couple of crystals in my pocket and I'm off for a walk into the hills.
Thank you

Old 27-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #57
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:

~ Be Yourself ~
Old 27-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #58
susannah1
Inactive

Quote:
As you can tell, I'm not very grounded today - Have put my boots on, a couple of crystals in my pocket and I'm off for a walk into the hills.
Thank you

Yeah I know what you mean.....Ive been delving into faerie and elves. I think next week I'm going greens and browns, elemental. Plant 3 birch trees. and put some of those hanging cystals on the 4 corners of the house. Love watching the colours bounce off them as they swing gently in the wind. Brings in good energy.

Last edited by susannah1; 28-06-2013 at 01:04 AM.
susannah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #59
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Quote:
It comes from the teachings of Don Juan Matus
As I have said, I did not understand the books but this quote I have always remembered, only very recently have I come to understand it.

“Forget the self and you will fear nothing, in whatever level or awareness you find yourself to be.”
― Carlos Castaneda

Now there's a good signature!
Old 28-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #60
bridgeeteyes
Inactive

Default Just Be Yourself

Let's sit in the profound silence for a while.
Just be still.
If your mind attacks you just look at it.
In a loving way just leave it alone.
Don't try to stop your thoughts, change your thoughts.
Just be still.
Be quiet.
Do not think of anything in particular.
Become aware of the thoughts that come to you.
Just watch them.
Do not give them any attention or change them, do no not try to change them.
"Just be yourself".

- Robert Adams

Just such wonderful words.