Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 12-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #21
grenadene
Banned

I dont know if anyone has looked up 'Earth ships' but they seem to be self contained for everything you need and are built from recycled materials.
You'd have to own the land of course.. but I'm sure if organised properly it would be possible to make a housing association type thing? Maybe even get a grant for a 'sustainable' development

I've got a couple of rabbit catching lurchers and a few of hens...take me with you please

Take a look... you could really make them your own

grenadene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:09 PM   #22
devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1nstonsm1th84 View Post
The problem is, may well find that a lot of the 'commune' are strict vegetarians!
I'm actually a strict vegan! I, however, can live next to carnivores.
They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you." He said to them, "You read the face of the sky and of the earth, but you have not recognized the one who is before you, and you do not know how to read this moment." - Gnostic Gospel of Thomas.
http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=91452
Ringingcedars.com
devin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #23
curly

Quote:
What if people tried to take over your land- you do have to bear that in mind.

I totally understand your argument, and in an ideal world it would be absolutely brilliant.

I like your way thinking, it makes a great deal of sense.
kin hell your a hard man to please,all you could do is take advantage of the gun laws and being a landowner get yourself a shotgun and shoot as many of them as you could and hope you win.I think if you have enough money and just enough room,a very small group could work very nicely off each other or as you say it could all go tits up,but you can't win it if your not in it.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #24
w1nstonsm1th84

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin View Post
I'm actually a strict vegan! I, however, can live next to carnivores.
I'm sure it would annoy you a bit though!

Hey, I do admire the ethical choice that you have chosen to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
kin hell your a hard man to please...
So I've been told! Hahahaha... so true.

Disclaimer: All postings are the responsibility of the respective contributor- I do not necessarily agree with, or endorse, any of the subject matter contained within them. -'w1nstonsm1th84'
Quote:
Proverbs 13:20 (NIV) He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
w1nstonsm1th84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #25
ericdubay
Banned

Hahahaha, a commune of people brought together out of respect for the worldview of a man that thinks shape-shifting reptilians rule the world! No, that's not a cult. I think it's a good idea.

David Icke's the man. And Reptilians do rule the world. Let's do this.

~Eric
www.atlanteanconspiracy.com
ericdubay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #26
devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdubay View Post
Hahahaha, a commune of people brought together out of respect for the worldview of a man that thinks shape-shifting reptilians rule the world! No, that's not a cult. I think it's a good idea.

David Icke's the man. And Reptilians do rule the world. Let's do this.

~Eric
www.atlanteanconspiracy.com
That's the spirit!
They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you." He said to them, "You read the face of the sky and of the earth, but you have not recognized the one who is before you, and you do not know how to read this moment." - Gnostic Gospel of Thomas.
Ringingcedars.com
Old 12-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #27
seeker1111

Important questions to ask yourself before beginning this venture.

What common goal do you share?
How are you going to achieve it?
Is every body on the same page?
Will you be flexible in your goals or rigid and unmoving? This is important because people have different perspectives and as much as one might like a hive mind is not an option.
Where will you live? Will you build houses? Live in big buildings? Tents? Caves?
Will you buy land? And what happens when a certain group member wants to leave the land, does he get what he put into it back? Money, materials, whatever?
Will people have to fit a certain criteria to be accepted into the group?
What about children?
Who will raise them and how will you (for lack of a better word) educate them?
What will you do when people have different ideas on raising children?
Will the children be raised by parents themselves or will it be a community effort and what rules will you have in place in this case?
What will be your food source?
Who will work the land?
Are you prepared to put in the hard work and the learning curve? (it may sound easy but wait till an early frost comes and kills the crop that you worked so hard on)
Will people be free to come and go within the group, mingle with outsiders?
Are you prepared to deal with other people becoming a part of the community?
How will you deal with suspicions of new comers?
What will you do when members of the community begin to want different things?
What happens when the government wants to kick you off your land?
Do you have a back up plan? Will you be wandering nomads?
Will there be any form of leadership? It’s natural that people look up to one who has more knowledge in certain areas or is just a natural leader.
What happens when that leadership gets challenged?
What happens when there are major disagreements?
What happens if one group member abuses another group member? Who decides on the safety of the group as a whole. The truth is that when you set up a commune type place you will have all sorts of ‘interesting’ people show up wanting to be a part, maybe they’re social outcasts or just the odd one out who never fit in anywhere, are you prepared to deal with their ‘oddities’ that could potentially be a danger to say young ones in the community?

These are just a few questions you MIGHT WANT TO SERIOUSLY CONSIDER answering before you consider doing a ‘commune’ type thing. It’s all good and well to want to live together with like minded people, until you do, and you find out how not like minded everyone is. Once again, this would be GREAT in theory! But don't just think it will be heaven once you make it happen.

Last edited by seeker1111; 12-08-2008 at 04:25 PM.
seeker1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:18 PM   #28
curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenadene View Post
I dont know if anyone has looked up 'Earth ships' but they seem to be self contained for everything you need and are built from recycled materials.
You'd have to own the land of course.. but I'm sure if organised properly it would be possible to make a housing association type thing? Maybe even get a grant for a 'sustainable' development

I've got a couple of rabbit catching lurchers and a few of hens...take me with you please

Take a look... you could really make them your own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9jdIm7grCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlrhx...eature=related
gotta go now,they look good i'll have a look at them lateri like lurchers my mate had one with three legs and it could still run faster than his border collie.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #29
devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker1111 View Post
Important questions to ask yourself before beginning this venture.

What common goal do you share?
How are you going to achieve it?
Is every body on the same page?
Will you be flexible in your goals or rigid and unmoving? This is important because people have different perspectives and as much as one might like a hive mind is not an option.
Where will you live? Will you build houses? Live in big buildings? Tents? Caves?
Will you buy land? And what happens when a certain group member wants to leave the land, does he get what he put into it back? Money, materials, whatever?
Will people have to fit a certain criteria to be accepted into the group?
What about children?
Who will raise them and how will you (for lack of a better word) educate them?
What will you do when people have different ideas on raising children?
Will the children be raised by parents themselves or will it be a community effort and what rules will you have in place in this case?
What will be your food source?
Who will work the land?
Are you prepared to put in the hard work and the learning curve? (it may sound easy but wait till an early frost comes and kills the crop that you worked so hard on)
Will people be free to come and go within the group, mingle with outsiders?
Are you prepared to deal with other people becoming a part of the community?
How will you deal with suspicions of new comers?
What will you do when members of the community begin to want different things?
What happens when the government wants to kick you off your land?
Do you have a back up plan? Will you be wandering nomads?
Will there be any form of leadership? It’s natural that people look up to one who has more knowledge in certain areas or is just a natural leader.
What happens when that leadership gets challenged?
What happens when there are major disagreements?
What happens if one group member abuses another group member? Who decides on the safety of the group as a whole. The truth is that when you set up a commune type place you will have all sorts of ‘interesting’ people show up wanting to be a part, maybe they’re social outcasts or just the odd one out who never fit in anywhere, are you prepared to deal with their ‘oddities’ that could potentially be a danger to say young ones in the community?

These are just a few questions you should be ready to answer before you consider doing a ‘commune’ type thing. It’s all good and well to want to live together with like minded people, until you do, and you find out how not like minded everyone is. Once again, this would be GREAT in theory! But don't just think it will be heaven once you make it happen.
Very good questions seeker. I'm going to write up a blueprint of a plan maybe some time today and use these to help me out.
Ringingcedars.com
Old 12-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #30
loderlive

Quote:
you should
Er No

People that say, these creatures are imaginary. Then why are we able to eat them.

Freemasons worship the "great architect" of the fake reality enslaving them.

Use your light, and head in the darkness, I don't fear the unknown.
loderlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #31
grenadene
Banned

I eat as a vegetarian for the vast majority of the time.

I wouldn't touch commercial meat with a bargepole... eww!! We have a really nice organic farm nearby where the lady lulls the pigs to sleep with Radio 3, then tickles them to death with soothing herbs! I do occasionally buy some meat from there but very rarely because I'm poor

I did once eat a pheasant that didn't know its green cross code...but I do draw the line at hedgehogs I bet you're all thinking OMG keep this weirdo out our commune!!
Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM   #32
seeker1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by loderlive View Post
Er No
you *might want to SERIOUSLY consider*
Old 12-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #33
loderlive

Quote:
you *might want to SERIOUSLY consider*
Thanks

People that say, these creatures are imaginary. Then why are we able to eat them.

Freemasons worship the "great architect" of the fake reality enslaving them.

Use your light, and head in the darkness, I don't fear the unknown.
loderlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #34
seeker1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by loderlive View Post
Thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #35
devin

Quote:
I bet you're all thinking OMG keep this weirdo out our commune!!
And STAY OUT!
Ringingcedars.com
Old 12-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #36
w1nstonsm1th84

Quote:
I eat as a vegetarian for the vast majority of the time.

I wouldn't touch commercial meat with a bargepole... eww!! We have a really nice organic farm nearby where the lady lulls the pigs to sleep with Radio 3, then tickles them to death with soothing herbs! I do occasionally buy some meat from there but very rarely because I'm poor

I did once eat a pheasant that didn't know its green cross code...but I do draw the line at hedgehogs I bet you're all thinking OMG keep this weirdo out our commune!!

Hahaha... that's pretty funny!

You're quite a pheasant plucker, aren't you?

Disclaimer: All postings are the responsibility of the respective contributor- I do not necessarily agree with, or endorse, any of the subject matter contained within them. -'w1nstonsm1th84'
Quote:
Proverbs 13:20 (NIV) He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
w1nstonsm1th84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #37
seeker1111

Quote:

GROAN
Old 12-08-2008, 04:53 PM   #38
grenadene
Banned

Quote:

No but my dad was
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM   #39
cheetahgrace

Would your lurchers chase my three-legged cat? He's pretty nifty too.... and likes coming for walks with me.
cheetahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #40
devin

How about a community in Crystal River, Florida? Google it and look at the images. I would have to talk with my Dad though. He is into real estate and owns vacant land in Crystal River amongst other places and he has had it forever and cannot sell it. No one is buying anything these days... which is good for people who want to start these types of communities.
Ringingcedars.com