Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 29-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
steevo
Inactive

Question Solar Panels and car batteries

Is there anyone here who knows about about this subject ? I need help

I am seriously thinking of getting a 13W solar panel in order to charge up a car battery for a constant source of free power when the shit hits the fan.

Has anyone got any advice for me about this ?

I intend to put the solar panel in the house near the window and the battery also in the house. The type of solar panel will hopefully be a "crystalline cell" which supposedly is very efficent and works in all weathers.

1. Does the battery create dangerous gases during charging ? I heard somewhere that it does but I have always charged up car betteries in the house in the past (using a mains charger) with no ill effects.

2. Also, could I connect the solar panel to my small battery charger (for charging AA batteries etc) as long as I have the right connector attached ?

3. Can I use a car battery to charge AA batteries ?

4. What other things can a car battery be used for ?

Thanks, any help appreciated
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
times7

Steevo

buy a 2nd hand car,save your money

new technology is always rubbish to begin with and very expensive
times7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by times7 View Post
Steevo

buy a 2nd hand car,save your money

new technology is always rubbish to begin with and very expensive
Been there done that. Cars are a total waste of money and life, you dont own the car, the car owns you. Solar panels are no where near as good as they should be for obvious reasons. But I think I could cope with a car battery and a relatively cheap solar panel if the shit hits the fan.
Old 29-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
times7

This new solar technolgy can be made more advanced(thats not the plan)

The people who buy into solar tech 2008 will be buying a very expensive joke,technology,the internet is leading somewere else,things cant carry on like this even if free energy is made known,rich hippies buy a solar tech 2008,it doesnt mean anything,a bigger ancient picture is being played out,let the do gooders buy solar tech with their money,see how far it gets them

Last edited by times7; 29-01-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 29-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #5
adzboarder

I saw a video on youtube where this dude was able to power a mobile phone using solar panels from those crappy lights you put in the garden, he just did a bit of wiring, it looked really simple.

I just had a look, cant find that specific vid, but theres loads telling you what you can do with solar.
adzboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
This new solar technolgy can be made more advanced(thats not the plan)

The people who buy into solar tech 2008 will be buying a very expensive joke,technology,the internet is leading somewere else,things cant carry on like this even if free energy is made known,rich hippies buy a solar tech 2008,it doesnt mean anything,a bigger ancient picture is being played out,let the do gooders buy solar tech with their money,see how far it gets them
I'm not trying to be a do-gooder. I'm just planning to survive if possible.

I dont criticise people who try to do the right thing, such as buying solar panels, even though they are getting conned cos it's overpriced and the technology is shite. Solar power is part of the way forward, along with other free energies. I dont get what you are saying Times7
Old 29-01-2008, 11:19 PM   #7
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
But I think I could cope with a car battery and a relatively cheap solar panel if the shit hits the fan.
so you will have the power to light up a light bulb ?

a car battery ? come on man,when the shops run empty heads will roll

Maybe you will have a head start,with your car battery and "solar" panel

It is hard for me to conjure with that
Old 29-01-2008, 11:23 PM   #8
steevo
Inactive

Quote:

Yeah it's just a head start that's exactly it, while the rest of the people are in a panic roaming the streets and wanting to know what the f*ck is happening, headed for the cash machines trying to draw out their worthless pennies.
Old 29-01-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
morphix
Inactive

Couple of links i found you might find interesting Steevo (unless you've already seen them )

http://www.rain.org/~philfear/how2solar.html

http://www.yourgreendream.com/diy_solar_charging1.php

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Alter...er-Heater.aspx

Don't go blowing yourself up never tried them myself
morphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
morphix
Inactive

Quote:

Well reading the original post I think it was more about asking for advice, discussion not weather or not you thought they were wasting there time / money looking into readily available free energy resources.
morphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #11
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
Yeah it's just a head start that's exactly it, while the rest of the people are in a panic roaming the streets and wanting to know what the f*ck is happening, headed for the cash machines trying to draw out their worthless pennies.
Yeah but Steevo, is a car battery and solar panel a head start ?

I mean, we are talking the crash of the financial system and solar tech is less than poor in 2008

people who stock up on food(and keep it quiet) will be much better of,few will do this,Morphix has said this thread is about giving advise,i have given some
Old 29-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #12
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphix View Post
Couple of links i found you might find interesting Steevo (unless you've already seen them )

http://www.rain.org/~philfear/how2solar.html

http://www.yourgreendream.com/diy_solar_charging1.php

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Alter...er-Heater.aspx

Don't go blowing yourself up never tried them myself
Thanks Morphix I will look into them

Quote:

I mean, we are talking the crash of the financial system and solar tech is less than poor in 2008

people who stock up on food(and keep it quiet) will be much better of,few will do this,Morphix has said this thread is about giving advise,i have given some
Solar tech is less that poor I agree, but I dont get your point

I will definitely get a solar panel. I already have a small one and it gives me free light.

I have stocked up on food and continue to get more. I have loads of new stuff for when the shit hits the fan and the solar panel and battery are just one of the things I intend to get. Thanks for your advice though Times7
Old 30-01-2008, 12:01 AM   #13
kblood

My father is a automechanic. Autoelectro-mechanic even, so in his spare time he has made his shed run on car batteries alone. He has 3 of them and they power all the tools he use there, and the lights. Since he is an auto electro mechanic he knows how to convert the power from a car battery into any kind of power. On our last trip to visit our family in Norway, me and my brother had our lap tops in the back of the car, running on a powercord attached to a converter he had installed for the trip

So charging car batteries with solar power is a good idea. If you are going to use solar cells, I would think covering the roof with them would be a good idea. Then there are the other ways of getting free energy, like windmills, or generators in a river or waterfall, but that requires the right kind of terrain. I btw made a post about TeslaMotors, whom have made an electric car able to drive 320km on one charge, takes 3,5 hours to charge and is able to reach a top speed of 200km/hour. Seems to me that electric cars might become a whole lot more usefull if it wasnt possible to get gasoline everywhere anymore.

I dont know what other powersources could be used... maybe thermal powersources. Not sure how efficient they are yet.
kblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #14
starwalker

Smile

More links that could be interesting:
http://www.siliconsolar.com/solar-battery-chargers.php
http://www.earthtechproducts.com/p2008.html
starwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #15
steevo
Inactive

Quote:

I mean, we are talking the crash of the financial system
Sorry I forgot to answer this bit. The "crash of the financial system" is gonna create a situation where MAYBE we are gonna need a big amount of "money" or resources to "buy" any product so we need to buy the essentials NOW while we still can IMO
Old 30-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #16
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblood View Post
My father is a automechanic. Autoelectro-mechanic even, so in his spare time he has made his shed run on car batteries alone. He has 3 of them and they power all the tools he use there, and the lights. Since he is an auto electro mechanic he knows how to convert the power from a car battery into any kind of power. On our last trip to visit our family in Norway, me and my brother had our lap tops in the back of the car, running on a powercord attached to a converter he had installed for the trip

So charging car batteries with solar power is a good idea. If you are going to use solar cells, I would think covering the roof with them would be a good idea. Then there are the other ways of getting free energy, like windmills, or generators in a river or waterfall, but that requires the right kind of terrain. I btw made a post about TeslaMotors, whom have made an electric car able to drive 320km on one charge, takes 3,5 hours to charge and is able to reach a top speed of 200km/hour. Seems to me that electric cars might become a whole lot more usefull if it wasnt possible to get gasoline everywhere anymore.

I dont know what other powersources could be used... maybe thermal powersources. Not sure how efficient they are yet.
Thanks for that kblood, sort of inspiring to read
Old 30-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #17
times7

Quote:

solar panels that power a car battery ?

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(light bulb power)
Old 30-01-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARWALKER View Post
Thanks for those links starwalker. The problem is that the UK where I live seems to be way behind the rest of the world when it comes to solar power and free energy and they charge a fortune here for just a basic panel compared to say the US and elsewhere.

Last edited by steevo; 30-01-2008 at 01:21 AM. Reason: typo
Old 30-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #19
times7

Quote:

So charging car batteries with solar power is a good idea. If you are going to use solar cells, I would think covering the roof with them would be a good idea.
yeah a great idea,advertise how well of you are,a great idea in a famine,not

When the financial system falls apart and people are starving,people will have no electricity,their children are hungry,such people will be desperate and VIOLENT

I bet the smart ass with their house lit up with solar electricity running of a car battery,will get a bit of attention from the "mob"

keep a lower profile
Old 30-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #20
kblood

Quote:
solar panels that power a car battery ?

yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

(light bulb power)
Are you daft? Solar power that "charges" a car battery. A battery doesnt need any specific amount of power. It might only provide a few hours of power a day, depending on what it is to be used for, but even a bike with a generator on it could charge a car battery.

Of course even a few hours would take many solar cells and many lots of sun, but you seem to think solar power is worth nothing, although it can easily manage all the water heating needed a whole summer i.ex.

By using a few different methods of charging the car batteries there ought to be quite a few hours of power each day from the car batteries.
kblood is offline   Reply With Quote