Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 16-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #41
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
question? i can see many problems from jan 2009 when the lisbon treaty comes into force, i would like to know what other members have in mind relating to economic decline approximate dates etc?
I have know idea but I'm assuming it could be tommorrow so then I am always prepared, but unfortunately I still have lots of preparations, I need to get more food supplies in urgently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beldazar View Post
Sorry guys but Im gonna have to add this one...

I read a book about the aborigines and they get their women to save up their used sanitary towels to use on wounds, its meant to heal fantastically.
I had to add this cos it may be very handy!
Great idea beledazar but unfortunately I dont know any aborigines but if I did I would sell them on ebay (the tampons not the women)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madthumbs View Post
Knowledge is the most important thing. Materials can weigh you down.
I agree.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #42
beldazar

Haha, very funny steevo
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 02:33 AM   #43
jimmi

OK, I'm taking this one seriously.
The single most important thing you're all going to need is clean drinking water and it used to be a part of my former 'job' to teach people how to get it.
Various distillation techniques are readily accessible to learn for yourselves on 'survival' websites, go look and learn, knowledge is power.
Now the advertisement....Katadyn are the no.1 manufacturer of water filters used by proffessionals in the outdoor pursuits industries and the military as well as aid agencies worldwide. I personally vouch for their use from many years experience. There are other brands available e.g. M.S.R. but I've not used them. There is a Ray Mears endorsed filter available for £20, but because of its small size does not have the longevity of more expensive filters.
Field and Trek the outdoor pursuits suppliers currently have a twenty per cent off deal, I've just bought a 'mini' for £63.99, which I'm saving for the use of my girlfriend and I when the inevitable shit hits the proverbial.

Last edited by jimmi; 17-04-2008 at 02:37 AM.
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #44
stickwhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
OK, I'm taking this one seriously.
The single most important thing you're all going to need is clean drinking water and it used to be a part of my former 'job' to teach people how to get it.
Various distillation techniques are readily accessible to learn for yourselves on 'survival' websites, go look and learn, knowledge is power.

This is a method used widely in impoverished areas.
It works. It is cheap. You can make it yourself for about £10.
http://www.cawst.org/index.php?id=128

I made a water filter that cost less than £10 in a swing top bin.
The recommendation is for at least 65cm sand, so get a tall one,
or get a wheely bin to make one in - then you can move it about too.
PVC or copper pipe will do. Sand - beach/builders merchants for
a couple of quid per bag.

Download the pdf. Make it. Filter any water you like, and it comes out clean.
No filter removes dissolved chemicals - unless they have special units - so
collect your rainwater - barrels + diverters.
Filter it through the bio-sand filter,
and you have a clean water supply for a few quid.
Read the information available at the link, or search bio sand filters on google.

It works for me. Independent water supply of barrels, pipe, pump & filters for less than £300 total cost at 2008 prices.
stickwhistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #45
kblood

yea this one seems to have a virus, according to my Avast.

Quote:
“One person can make a difference and every person should try.” John F. Kennedy
Quote:
"Imagination governs the world."
"He who fears being conquered is certain of defeat." Napoleon
Quote:
"The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein
Quote:
"The key to immortality is first to live a life worth remembering." Bruce Lee
kblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #46
quest

Default Kelly kettle

Ever since I saw the Volcano kettle / Kelly Kettle mentioned on another thread I've thought it would be one of the most useful things to have http://www.kellykettle.com/.
  • Simple and easy to use.
  • No running costs.
  • No open fire - Fire is contained within the kettle.
  • Works in extreme weather.
  • Lightweight, Compact, & Durable
  • Suitable For Humanitarian Aid
  • Extremely Fuel Efficient
  • Vital Item For Emergency Kits
  • Works with any fuel: sticks, dry grass, heather, bark, pine cones, and even camel dung! or Beldazar's used sanitary towels (maybe!)
  • Can be carried onto planes.
  • Available in 2.5 pints and compact 1 pint sizes
  • The Ultimate Survivalist's Tool
  • Carbon Nuetral & Eco-friendly
  • Boil Water & Cook at the same time!

The fact it can be carried on planes sounded hilarious! I would love to use one to brew up on a plane, using camel dung!

I contacted that company to see if they did a stainless steel version 'cos I didn't want an aluminium one . Although they don't do one at the moment, they said they will be developing a s.steel model by the summer and would let me know.

Last edited by quest; 18-04-2008 at 09:10 AM.
quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2008, 04:52 PM   #47
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
Ever since I saw the Volcano kettle / Kelly Kettle mentioned on another thread I've thought it would be one of the most useful things to have http://www.kellykettle.com/.
  • Simple and easy to use.
  • No running costs.
  • No open fire - Fire is contained within the kettle.
  • Works in extreme weather.
  • Lightweight, Compact, & Durable
  • Suitable For Humanitarian Aid
  • Extremely Fuel Efficient
  • Vital Item For Emergency Kits
  • Works with any fuel: sticks, dry grass, heather, bark, pine cones, and even camel dung! or Beldazar's used sanitary towels (maybe!)
  • Can be carried onto planes.
  • Available in 2.5 pints and compact 1 pint sizes
  • The Ultimate Survivalist's Tool
  • Carbon Nuetral & Eco-friendly
  • Boil Water & Cook at the same time!

The fact it can be carried on planes sounded hilarious! I would love to use one to brew up on a plane, using camel dung!

I contacted that company to see if they did a stainless steel version 'cos I didn't want an aluminium one . Although they don't do one at the moment, they said they will be developing a s.steel model by the summer and would let me know.
I agree, the Kelly Kettle is very useful. I feel the same as you though, I wont buy one cos they are made of alluminium. I will wait for a stainless steel one. It makes you wonder though why they use alluminium, can this company really be trusted ?
Old 19-04-2008, 12:16 AM   #48
adzboarder

They look pretty good, how does it work exactly?

Could do with a video or explanation on their site.

Whats up with alluminium?
adzboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #49
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzboarder View Post
They look pretty good, how does it work exactly?

Could do with a video or explanation on their site.

Whats up with alluminium?
It's toxic apparantly and can cause things like cancer and alzheimers. Aluminium is not the most stable of metals either so it can easily react with anything it comes in contact with creating other toxic substances.

There is a thread on the forum all about the Kelly Kettle, I will have a look for it.
Old 19-04-2008, 12:32 AM   #50
steevo
Inactive

Default Kelly Kettle Thread

Here is the thread Adzboarder, it is mentioned in here :-
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15603
Old 19-04-2008, 06:49 AM   #51
cruise4

Suppose you have masses of .pdf files on a DVD, like I have. Has anyone got any clever ways to read them should electric items cease to work?
cruise4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 06:55 AM   #52
kblood

Laptops can get to be powered by solar power, and there is probably other ways to power them as well. Problem is that they would probably only be usuable a few hours a week at best, unless some really nice generators were massed up.

I am stocking up documentaries of all kinds. Trying to download about new subjects as I go along.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-04-2008, 07:57 AM   #53
cruise4

I've put them on DVD's so they can't be affected by EMP's or Solar Flares etc.
We need a hand cranked DVD reader than can translate PDF's. If I tried to print them I'd have a room full of paper. But the laptop would do for what you needed at that point maybe.
Old 19-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #54
ashur

This is a good thread but this is my ideal.

To research and find out how to get things at the bare minimum from thing around you. Like making a fire from stuff that is always around. That is a good example. So you have fire. But you still need wood to fuel the fire or something to keep it going right?

So what if you could invent a way to create the means for any individual to thrive in mostly any conditions.

That means the knowledge to create light fire, find food, and build shelters. but also to power energy, and communicate. basically the modern world but in a more natural state which is independent of ridiculous corporations that feed off Dependant people who can't be bothered educating a means to use the benefits for themself with their own knowledge, cutting out the middle man. or in this case corporation. Such as electrical companies, etc.

yeah, lets really start thinking about being self reliant. Setting ourself up and adapting to future conditions is going to require adapting to this new kind of thinking. Which involves using the resources of nature to create everything and anything you need. Without the silly money slavery cult of plastic paper and notes, coins. that we are currently living under. Lets place real value in labor. Practical knowledge and wisdom of how to achieve self sustaining technology that actually is aligned with our spirituality and common sense. This is surely what the elite have always been afraid of us acting on.

Just a few thoughts

Last edited by ashur; 19-04-2008 at 09:43 AM.
ashur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #55
kblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise4 View Post
I've put them on DVD's so they can't be affected by EMP's or Solar Flares etc.
We need a hand cranked DVD reader than can translate PDF's. If I tried to print them I'd have a room full of paper. But the laptop would do for what you needed at that point maybe.
There are also solar powered cell phones, maybe PDAs? They ought to be able to do the job as well. I am sure the Ipod can read PDF. I think my Nokia N73 could read PDFs. The newest phones today can hold up to 4gb, some even 8gb. That ought to be enough for any PDF collection I know of. Even my documentary collection so far.

There also is those handheld DVD players. With 7" TFT screen. They probably dont use much power either.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #56
steevo
Inactive

Just get a printer and print them all off. I need to do that, I still havent got my printer yet
When you print them off you can put each "book" in one of those cheap plastic binder things that clamp the whole of the left hand side of the paper together. Also if you are thrifty you can find good quality cheap soft pvc wallets that you can store them in. I saw some for £3 the other week and didnt buy any
Old 19-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #57
kblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
Just get a printer and print them all off. I need to do that, I still havent got my printer yet
When you print them off you can put each "book" in one of those cheap plastic binder things that clamp the whole of the left hand side of the paper together. Also if you are thrifty you can find good quality cheap soft pvc wallets that you can store them in. I saw some for £3 the other week and didnt buy any
That would be the safest bet. What needs to be done first is reading or at least skimming those PDFs and try to figure out which ones would be the most important. Also I guess books on algebra and so on would be important, because if it is scientific books, it would help in the long run to actually be able to look up those fancy symbols

Engineering for dummies and such. The basic stuff is the most important, because if we loose that we would be back to square one anyway. Having to evolve to figure out higher mathematics and such. I know many know about these and there are many teachers, but mouth to ear just isnt a good solution for 5-10 years.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 19-04-2008, 04:33 PM   #58
mightiswrong
Banned

Seeds and I don't mean Mosanto type crap.
mightiswrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #59
quest

Thanks Steevo for mentioning the kelly kettle thread. I should have done a search and added it when I resurrected the topic.

Perhaps it's cost that makes them use aluminuium, or maybe it's easier to mould? Anyway, I noticed they have a blurb on their site that states there is not enough evidence against aluminium which is what prompted me in the first place to contact them about the s.s alternative!
quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2008, 02:43 AM   #60
cruise4

"Engineering for dummies and such. The basic stuff is the most important, because if we loose that we would be back to square one anyway. Having to evolve to figure out higher mathematics and such. I know many know about these and there are many teachers, but mouth to ear just isnt a good solution for 5-10 years."

I totally agree kblood. My collection includes loads of Engineering, Equations, optics, astronomy... you name it. I was thinking of burying multiple copies in earth pipes, in multiple places.

But the issue then becomes how to read them again, so you understand why I'm asking the questions and why a laptop or electronic device may not be a feasible reading device.

I know the ancients did it with Stone tablets but not feasible this time.