Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing > The Nature of Matrix Religions and what they mean.

Old 23-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
lifesablessing

Default "Age Of Reason", A Great Piece Of Writing. (Link)

A great read for those who want to know how we've all been fooled by organized religion.

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/reason/index.htm

Last edited by lifesablessing; 23-03-2011 at 02:03 AM.
lifesablessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 02:38 AM   #2
extremecheese
Inactive

Since Thomas Paine was an occultist (and if you doubt that then why not go to the Georgia Guidestones which were erected in recognition of Thomas Paine and the occult philosophy he espoused) he therefore was a man of religious belief. Bit ironic for the author of the 'age of reason' don't you think?
http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm
extremecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
jbnumba1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesablessing View Post
A great read for those who want to know how we've all been fooled by organized religion.

http://www.ushistory.org/paine/reason/index.htm
I guess you wouldn't have any suggestions for those who've been fooled into thinking that there's no truth to religions, huh?

Many of the teachings of Jesus, for example, have been corrupted and confused - the intended meaning lost in translation. With that said, there is still much value, and much to be learned from the Bible.

And like extremecheese said, that book is what the illuminati creators of the Georgia guidestones want. So.. yeah.

Read up on Edgar Cayce. He's legit.

Last edited by jbnumba1; 23-03-2011 at 07:12 AM.
jbnumba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
ferryman to the dead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbnumba1 View Post
I guess you wouldn't have any suggestions for those who've been fooled into thinking that there's no truth to religions, huh?

Many of the teachings of Jesus, for example, have been corrupted and confused - the intended meaning lost in translation. With that said, there is still much value, and much to be learned from the Bible.

And like extremecheese said, that book is what the illuminati creators of the Georgia guidestones want. So.. yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremecheese View Post
Since Thomas Paine was an occultist (and if you doubt that then why not go to the Georgia Guidestones which were erected in recognition of Thomas Paine and the occult philosophy he espoused) he therefore was a man of religious belief. Bit ironic for the author of the 'age of reason' don't you think?
http://www.radioliberty.com/stones.htm
Apparenty neither of you have read it and know little about Paine.

Quote:
Many of the teachings of Jesus, for example, have been corrupted and confused - the intended meaning lost in translation.
Thats no one's fault but the church, you should always have your ducks in a row when you create a myth to fool the masses.

Quote:
Oh yeah some fake a high powered society influenced his thinking, delusional paranoia will get you no where.

Quote:
Oh yeah real legit, odd from coming from some one who supports jesus into false prophecy are you?
ferryman to the dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #5
dedicate

Yes, it should be shown how/why/where all people are fooled by either acceptance of religion or rejection of religion. And that is not to say one must live in a limbo of indecisiveness.

Maybe educating oneself, practice and purification -- or just finding a way to enlighten oneself is the answer you are looking for. Then both points of view could help bridge the gap thu understanding. Give it a try.

Fighting amonst each other doesn't seem to be the answer.

For example.. Jesus was maybe an occultist, and He and his followers were a cult.. If one should look up the definition of the words, one may find this true.. Little education goes a long way.

Last edited by dedicate; 23-03-2011 at 03:02 PM.
dedicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
jbnumba1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferryman to the dead View Post
Apparenty neither of you have read it and know little about Paine.
I haven't read the whole thing, but I have skimmed it.

Quote:
Thats no one's fault but the church, you should always have your ducks in a row when you create a myth to fool the masses.
I don't support "the church". Religion has been just as corrupted as government. That doesn't mean that religion or government is therefore useless.

Jesus didn't want people to worship him, he didn't want to start a new religion. He was a jew, not a christian.

Quote:
Oh yeah some fake a high powered society influenced his thinking, delusional paranoia will get you no where.
Uh, what? Not sure what you're trying to say, but the GG was the biggest granite project undertaken in the granite capital of the world. It was certainly occult in nature (astronomical alignments and such), and had a very mysterious inception. The men who designed it spent decades designing it.

Quote:
Oh yeah real legit, odd from coming from some one who supports jesus into false prophecy are you?
That you can't see that Edgar Cayce is legit is laughable. Many, maybe most of his future predictions were incorrect, but about 80% of his health readings were precisely correct. The future is not set in stone, there are too many variables (the biggest one being free will) which come into play. Also, the main point in prophecy is as a warning so that people can change their ways to prevent possible catastrophes.

Cayce repeatedly, accurately diagnosed and prescribed treatment for all sorts of illness. Many times the only information he had was a name and an address.

I have access to the 15,000 readings which were transcribed AND the responses from those receiving the readings (filled with gratitude and amazement in his accuracy). Oh, by the way, Cayce didn't charge anyone for readings, he did it out of the good will of his heart.

But that's okay, you can accept the propaganda and believe that wtc7 "collapsed" due to fires and that Cayce wasn't genuinely psychic.

Last edited by jbnumba1; 23-03-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Old 23-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
lifesablessing

"My own mind is my own church" - Thomas Paine

And I feel that should be the way for all. Not for us to be told what god is from money/ control hungry religious leaders. The relationship between man and the one true creator should be personal.

"I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.
I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavouring to make our fellow-creatures happy.
But, lest it should be supposed that I believe many other things in addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them.
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Islamic, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
I do not mean by this declaration to condemn those who believe otherwise; they have the same right to their belief as I have to mine. But it is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe" - Thomas Paine

This guy is the man. A great thinker and philosopher.

RIP my nigga

Last edited by lifesablessing; 23-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.
lifesablessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
ferryman to the dead
Banned

Quote:
I haven't read the whole thing, but I have skimmed it.

I don't support "the church". Religion has been just as corrupted as government. That doesn't mean that religion or government is therefore useless.

Jesus didn't want people to worship him, he didn't want to start a new religion. He was a jew, not a christian.

Uh, what? Not sure what you're trying to say, but the GG was the biggest granite project undertaken in the granite capital of the world. It was certainly occult in nature (astronomical alignments and such), and had a very mysterious inception. The men who designed it spent decades designing it.

That you can't see that Edgar Cayce is legit is laughable. Many, maybe most of his future predictions were incorrect, but about 80% of his health readings were precisely correct. The future is not set in stone, there are too many variables (the biggest one being free will) which come into play. Also, the main point in prophecy is as a warning so that people can change their ways to prevent possible catastrophes.

Cayce repeatedly, accurately diagnosed and prescribed treatment for all sorts of illness. Many times the only information he had was a name and an address.

I have access to the 15,000 readings which were transcribed AND the responses from those receiving the readings (filled with gratitude and amazement in his accuracy). Oh, by the way, Cayce didn't charge anyone for readings, he did it out of the good will of his heart.

But that's okay, you can accept the propaganda and believe that wtc7 "collapsed" due to fires and that Cayce wasn't genuinely psychic.
Quote:
I have access to the 15,000 readings which were transcribed AND the responses from those receiving the readings (filled with gratitude and amazement in his accuracy).
Accuracy huh? What one to two years before it happens.

Quote:
I know its OK, not a conspiracy theorists I don't believe the whole world is out to get me!

Quote:
Also, the main point in prophecy is as a warning so that people can change their ways to prevent possible catastrophes.
Another one that knows nothing about the Office of the Prophet not surprising.

Quote:
Agree...
Old 23-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
jbnumba1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesablessing View Post
"My own mind is my own church" - Thomas Paine

And I feel that should be the way for all. Not for us to be told what god is from money/ control hungry religious leaders. The relationship between man and the one true creator should be personal.

"I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.
I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavouring to make our fellow-creatures happy.
But, lest it should be supposed that I believe many other things in addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them.
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Islamic, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
I do not mean by this declaration to condemn those who believe otherwise; they have the same right to their belief as I have to mine. But it is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe" - Thomas Paine

This guy is the man. A great thinker and philosopher.

RIP my nigga

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." John 14:23

These verses are saying that if you live righteously and genuinely seek God, you can have a personal relationship with Him, or the Christ (not Jesus per se).

Christ consciousness, God consciousness, is at the door of our minds. Living righteously, applying what you know is the opening of the door for the presence and spirit of God to abide in you.

I truly believe that if Thomas Paine lived in Jesus' day, or vice versa, that he would see the truth in his teachings. It seems that he just has a problem with the corruption of religion, imo.
Old 24-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
ferryman to the dead
Banned

Quote:
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." - Revelation 3:20

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." John 14:23

These verses are saying that if you live righteously and genuinely seek God, you can have a personal relationship with Him, or the Christ (not Jesus per se).

Christ consciousness, God consciousness, is at the door of our minds. Living righteously, applying what you know is the opening of the door for the presence and spirit of God to abide in you.

I truly believe that if Thomas Paine lived in Jesus' day, or vice versa, that he would see the truth in his teachings. It seems that he just has a problem with the corruption of religion, imo.
You really know nothing about Paine do you? Paine was a Deists,http://www.religioustolerance.org/deism.htm along with others at the time such as Jefferson, Franklin and others.

Bibilical Blasphemy by Thomas Paine

Quote:
Deism teaches us that God is a God of truth and justice. Does the Bible teach the same doctrine? It does not.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/paine/essay2.htm

CHAPTER I—THE AUTHOR'S PROFESSION OF FAITH.

Quote:
I believe in one God, and no more; and I hope for happiness beyond this life.

I believe the equality of man, and I believe that religious duties consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our fellow-creatures happy.

Quote:
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.
Quote:
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/aor/paine/aor/aor03.htm

Quote:
set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.
He could not have been anymore correct with the above statement.

Last edited by ferryman to the dead; 24-03-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 24-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #11
chip1
Banned

My friend the Ferry Man... I agree and I was going to post that when the topic first came up...

As I agree with him...

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church...

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit...

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit...

Not One is of Good Faith...

Not One is of Good Belief...

Not One is of the Whole Truth...

Not One is of True Peace...

All Divide as they say We are Right and You are Wrong...

All say they are the only ones that have it Right...

All Are Wrong...

Tell me which One Teaches This...

Father the Sun Adam... The Mother the Earth Eve... Three Angels in Heaven that Watch Over Us... Michael Mercury... Gabriel Venus... Raphael the Moon...

Last edited by chip1; 24-03-2011 at 11:43 AM.
chip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #12
ferryman to the dead
Banned

People's view of Paine seems to be one that he was an "atheists" which he was not. Any one who reads the Age of Reason will see that his problem lies with organized "religion" the man made creation and how the bible portrays "god"....Paine was not the only one who had a problem with the bible in those days. Thomas Jefferson also a "Deists" cut and pasted the New Testament because he did not believe in the miracles of this jesus as portrayed in the bible. So, no they had a belief in god but not as the christian fundies viewed it at the time. That's why when ever some one claims the US was founded on christian values one only has to look at the Treaty of Tripoli Article 11. In that article Jefferson clearly states that the newly found US was not based on the christian religion.

Paine was not of US origin, he was a defunct British officer who was in prison at the time. If memory serves me correctly it was Ben Franklin who was instrumental in getting him out and to the US at the time.
Old 24-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #13
chip1
Banned

Article 11

Article 11 has been a point of contention in disputes on the doctrine of separation of church and state as it applies to the founding principles of the United States. Opponents claim variously that — despite unanimous ratification by the U.S. Senate in English — the text which appears as Article 11 in the English translation does not appear in the Arabic text of the treaty,[17] that though the English phrase is not an untrue statement since it is referring to the federal government, certain individual founders occasionally described America as a Christian nation,[7] or that the quotation is based on an incomplete reading of Article 11.

Article 11 reads:

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen,—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

According to Frank Lambert, Professor of History at Purdue University, the assurances in Article 11 were "intended to allay the fears of the Muslim state by insisting that religion would not govern how the treaty was interpreted and enforced. John Adams and the Senate made clear that the pact was between two sovereign states, not between two religious powers."[20] Article 11 has also been cited by 21st-century church/state separatists as one of several documents — including the Federalist Papers and the Declaration of Independence — that demonstrated, according to author Brooke Allen, that the Founding Fathers "... were not religious men"

The philosophy of religion is the standpoint that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that a supreme being created the universe.

Deists believe in the existence of God without any reliance on revealed religion, religious authority or holy books.

Christians who found they could not believe in supernatural miracles or the inerrancy of scriptures, but who did believe in one God. The Founding Fathers of the United States were heavily influenced by Enlightenment philosophies, and it is generally believed that many of them were deists.[5]

There were no Miracles then and Today there will be none...

Deism holds that God does not intervene with the functioning of the natural world in any way, allowing it to run according to the laws of nature that he configured when he created all things. God is thus conceived to be wholly transcendent and never immanent. For Deists, human beings can only know God via reason and the observation of nature but not by revelation or supernatural manifestations (such as miracles)...

Mother Earth and Her Show Now... NO Interference...

One Nation Under God... Not One Nation Under Trinity...

Critical elements of deist thought included:

Rejection of all religions based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God...

Constructive elements of deist thought included:

God exists, created and governs the universe.
God gave humans the ability to reason.

Specific thoughts on aspects of the afterlife will vary. While there are those who maintain that God will punish or reward us according to our behavior on Earth, likewise there are those who assert that any punishment or reward that is due to us is given during our mortal stay on Earth.

Christ the Word and Meaning... Chip Here Respectfully Instructing Sacred Teachings of the Creator...

One Must save himself... Then he can help another...

Peace...

Last edited by chip1; 24-03-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 24-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
chip1
Banned

Deists saw the religions of their day as corruptions of an original, pure religion that was simple and rational. They felt that this original pure religion had become corrupted by "priests" who had manipulated it for personal gain and for the class interests of the priesthood in general.

According to this world view, over time "priests" had succeeded in encrusting the original simple, rational religion with all kinds of superstitions and "mysteries" – irrational theological doctrines. Laymen were told by the priests that only the priests really knew what was necessary for salvation and that laymen must accept the "mysteries" on faith and on the priests' authority. This kept the laity baffled by the nonsensical "mysteries", confused, and dependent on the priests for information about the requirements for salvation. The priests consequently enjoyed a position of considerable power over the laity, which they strove to maintain and increase. Deists referred to this kind of manipulation of religious doctrine as "priestcraft", a highly derogatory term.

Deists saw their mission as the stripping away of "priestcraft" and "mysteries" from religion, thereby restoring religion to its original, true condition – simple and rational. In many cases, they considered true, original Christianity to be the same as this original natural religion...

Nothing has Changed...

Last edited by chip1; 24-03-2011 at 01:18 PM.