Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Lawful Rebellion / Non Compliance / Sovereignty

Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #181
aulus agerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tien an View Post
For anyone who doesn't pay their Council Tax in one payment...

...and therefore pays monthly...the question of whether they have jurisdiction in the court is a irrelelvant, as is the 1992 Act which they quote in court, because their (the Council's )action begins with enforcing the 1974 Consumer Credit Act (under which legislation / regulations the instalments fall), which allows them to demand the full sum payable on the non-payment of a second instalment...consecutive or not.

They then apply for a liability order, quoting the above mentioned 1992 Act...it's a joke.

On reflection, I wish I'd noticed this on 'my day in court'

tian an.

PS I live in England. Good research calvi.
I'm sorry to disappoint you tien but that is entirely untrue. Actions against people who don't pay their council tax are not Consumer Credit Act actions. Section 16 specifically exempts Local Authorities from the Act: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/16
aulus agerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #182
tien an
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulus agerius View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you tien but that is entirely untrue. Actions against people who don't pay their council tax are not Consumer Credit Act actions. Section 16 specifically exempts Local Authorities from the Act: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/16
You don't disappoint me, aulus...but you're wrong: I'm not quoting anyone...this is personal experience.

My local council, on the form to apply to pay in instalments, states that it's the CCA 1974 that regulates the instalments that you pay and allow them to demand the total sum payable on the second non-payment...
When you default, that's the Act they quote to you...
When you're in court, it's not mentioned...they refer to the 1992 Act concerning Council Tax.

I'm not saying you're wrong 'in theory', but in practise, that's what they do.

I know...as I said it's personal experience.
Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.

(They have been known to bend rules before...eh? )

tian an.

Last edited by tien an; 12-07-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: add 'my local council'
tien an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #183
yashin

Isn't the fire brigade funded from council tax? Forget police services, refuse collection etc for a minute, what happens if you opt out of services by not paying and the following happens:

You come home to find your home ablaze, what would a opt out freeman do?
And if the answer to that is try and fight it yourself, what if that isn't possible for a reason. (e.g. Middle of a hosepipe ban)

Serious question.
yashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #184
happy sheeple

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashin View Post
Isn't the fire brigade funded from council tax? Forget police services, refuse collection etc for a minute, what happens if you opt out of services by not paying and the following happens:

And if the answer to that is try and fight it yourself, what if that isn't possible for a reason. (e.g. Middle of a hosepipe ban)

Serious question.
FOTL think they can opt out of paying tax for a range of services but will still expect to take advantage of these services if the need arises, a perfect example of this is that they dont pay road tax but still expect to use the roads. This often ends in them being labelled Freeloaders on the land.
happy sheeple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #185
undeadcreature

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashin View Post

Serious question.
I asked a smiliar question a while ago which was skillfully sidestepped by semi-literate crabs.....