Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Exposing Child Abuse

Old 16-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
coverups r us

Default Lord McAlpine's comments re Scallywag magazine

Lord McAlpine was interviewed on Thursday, November 15th, on Radio 4's The World At One news programme. The interviewer, Becky Milligan, touched on the question a lot of people have been asking: why didn't he sue Scallywag?

Here is a transcript of the exchange:

Becky Milligan: There were these allegations in a magazine called Scallywag, a while back. Do you wish you'd dealt with them then? Or why didn't you?

Lord McAlpine: Well they were dealt with – Scallywag went bankrupt, they stopped. Then in the investigation in to these homes in Wales, the Judge took out an injunction to stop people naming people whose names were raised in the course of evidence, er, at that time, some of the press reporting said there were, there was dark figures, there were rumours, counter-rumours. Nobody knows where these rumours came from. You know, they've called for, that there was a cover up. But you can't have a cover up where there was no crime. And so, there was rumour and counter-rumour but it wasn't anyone you could get your hands on. You couldn't really do very much for it. And it wasn't by any manner or means persistent. It was spasmodic. It would pop out of the woodwork, but it never had the same impact as suddenly finding it on the BBC. Because strangely enough, all over the world, people believe the BBC to be one, or possibly the only, honest voice.

Becky Milligan: In your statement you said that you'd be willing to meet all the people who were involved in the inquiries that have been set up by the government.

Lord McAlpine: Yes

Becky Milligan: Have you met them, or are you planning to meet them and the police?

Lord McAlpine: Well, we've made some offers, but nobody seems very interested in meeting me at the moment.

Becky Milligan: Really?

Lord McAlpine: In terms of official functions and, er, functionaries. I think the truth is they're awfully busy with this inquiry.

Becky Milligan: So, they didn't want you to come along and help.

Lord McAlpine: Not at the moment, no, but I reiterate that, I'd be happy to talk to any official body that wants to talk to me. But I think in the light of the victim having said that he'd got the wrong the man, the BBC having said they've got the wrong man, the Guardian saying they've got the wrong man, I think that's a good spectrum of support. I doubt if anyone wants to waste time chatting with me.

-----------------------

Comments, anyone?

Last edited by coverups r us; 16-11-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typgraphic error in title
coverups r us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
elysiansix

Default No Smoke without Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverups r us View Post
Lord McAlpine was interviewed on Thursday, November 15th, on Radio 4's The World At One news programme. The interviewer, Becky Milligan, touched on the question a lot of people have been asking: why didn't he sue Scallywag?

Here is a transcript of the exchange:

Becky Milligan: There were these allegations in a magazine called Scallywag, a while back. Do you wish you'd dealt with them then? Or why didn't you?

Lord McAlpine: Well they were dealt with – Scallywag went bankrupt, they stopped. Then in the investigation in to these homes in Wales, the Judge took out an injunction to stop people naming people whose names were raised in the course of evidence, er, at that time, some of the press reporting said there were, there was dark figures, there were rumours, counter-rumours. Nobody knows where these rumours came from. You know, they've called for, that there was a cover up. But you can't have a cover up where there was no crime. And so, there was rumour and counter-rumour but it wasn't anyone you could get your hands on. You couldn't really do very much for it. And it wasn't by any manner or means persistent. It was spasmodic. It would pop out of the woodwork, but it never had the same impact as suddenly finding it on the BBC. Because strangely enough, all over the world, people believe the BBC to be one, or possibly the only, honest voice.

Becky Milligan: In your statement you said that you'd be willing to meet all the people who were involved in the inquiries that have been set up by the government.

Lord McAlpine: Yes

Becky Milligan: Have you met them, or are you planning to meet them and the police?

Lord McAlpine: Well, we've made some offers, but nobody seems very interested in meeting me at the moment.

Becky Milligan: Really?

Lord McAlpine: In terms of official functions and, er, functionaries. I think the truth is they're awfully busy with this inquiry.

Becky Milligan: So, they didn't want you to come along and help.

Lord McAlpine: Not at the moment, no, but I reiterate that, I'd be happy to talk to any official body that wants to talk to me. But I think in the light of the victim having said that he'd got the wrong the man, the BBC having said they've got the wrong man, the Guardian saying they've got the wrong man, I think that's a good spectrum of support. I doubt if anyone wants to waste time chatting with me.

-----------------------

Comments, anyone?

I think all the history and allegations need to be brought to the attention of the 'public' who know about the Newsnight/BBC/Twitter allegations but who don't know any of the history.

No smoke without fire.
elysiansix is offline   Reply With Quote