Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Exposing Child Abuse

Old 03-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #21
northern star

Sending a card - what a Great idea!

I think we should all send it to Cameron at No 10 - maybe choose a kids birthday card "You are 5" or "You are 10", or any age under 15 - just to emphasise the innocence of childhood - how a child is a child if underage. Just my 2p. Think that would be really powerful if he received a few thousand of those, with our messages inside, at one go, on one day!

Come on let's do it! What about we do it this weekend so he gets them on November 5th?

David Cameron
10 Downing Street
London
SW1A 2AA

Last edited by northern star; 03-11-2012 at 04:22 AM.
northern star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:31 AM   #22
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern star View Post
Sending a card - what a Great idea!

I think we should all send it to Cameron at No 10 - maybe choose a kids birthday card "You are 5" or "You are 10", or any age under 15 - just to emphasise the innocence of childhood - how a child is a child if underage. Just my 2p. Think that would be really powerful if he received a few thousand of those, with our messages inside, at one go, on one day!

Come on let's do it! What about we do it this weekend so he gets them on November 5th?

David Cameron
10 Downing Street
London
SW1A 2AA
Thanks for the support, and the cross post to the Savile thread.

We hadn't thought of a kid's birthday card. Another good idea to add in the mix!

The only problem about going for Nov 5th is that we need thousands of people to get on board. And not just DIF people but as many of the masses as poss. 5th doesn't really give us much time. And the 5th is associated with Guy Fawkes, politics, bonfires etc

Children in need is a win win - more time (wow, a whole extra week!), hugely focused on children, very big marketing campaign now rolling, mass media coverage and interest (probably cos the MSM are desperate for storms, elections, dying trees, ANYTHING but Sa vile.) plus loads of slebs are jumping on board the CIN bandwagon so we can ask them to tweet the pic of them posting THEIR card in the letter box and tell their fans to get involved.

After all, who would want to be seen to be uncaring about child abuse right now?

(that last is a rhetorical question! Pls do not list names!!!)
gobsmackedmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #23
northern star

Great - yes I agree!

The key to any successful campaign in my experience is non-aggression. So a child's birthday card with a considered and caring message about the welfare of children and a desire for justice would be very powerful and garner more sympathy and attention, from the press too perhaps, if there was enough of them, would also be very moving I think, without being too saccharine or cringey. And I agree, over the space of next week leading up to CIN. Great idea about photos of celebs posting their cards, showing they are on board in fighting this.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #24
patrish

Default other forums

Hi,

I sure members here are also members of other forums, so if we can come up with a good starter thread, we can spread this. I like the childrens birthday card
idea.

What wording inside? maybe something like " D notices on paedophile rings don't protect children, who are they protecting - the perpetrators!"

Patrish x
Old 03-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
jayhow
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobsmackedmum View Post
First attempt at bullets - just read it and realised how long it is!! Needs editing so it is short, sharp and punchy. Or we have two versions with one including more info, links etc to those who are seeking help, info etc.

WHY should we act?

For many of us, only a few weeks ago, the idea that a well-connected children's programme presenter and charity "worker", with seemingly unrestricted access to the most vulnerable, injured and needy in our community, could have been a child abuser (and possibly worse)' would have been unthinkable.

Yet, we are now all realising that it is likely that Jimmy Savile was indeed one of the worst serial predatory child abusers ever to be exposed in this country. It also seems that he may be just the tip of the iceberg.

We have all been children; many of us are parents. The horror of what victims of child abuse face is all of our worst nightmares rolled into one.

That is why we propose each of us takes action. None of us want for this to happen any longer. To ANY child.

There have been too many recent implications of cover ups about child abuse; not just here, but abroad too. Perhaps we have been deaf previously, but the Savile story has only been the beginning.

For many with access to the Internet, further distressing information and allegations have come thick and fast, with daily announcements that more is to come. That more people, many in positions of power, are yet to be disclosed as child abusers, rapists, and likely worse. That laws are being proposed or are now in place that may reduce rther than increase protection for children and families.

Many of us have now had to rethink what we believe about celebrities, stars, MPs, lawyers, judges, police, charity organisers, priests, care home workers, and many more as this story (and other similar tales of abuse in care homes, police cover ups etc) have unfolded before our disbelieving and horrified eyes. Who should we now trust?

Confirmations of cover ups have emerged elsewhere too; most notably, the Hillsborough tragedy. It is a relief for the families to be vindicated that they were indeed telling the truth all along.

Other families and individuals are not so lucky. There are increasingly desperate stories emerging of secret family courts, children taken from loving and caring parents, unsolved child abductions, and sadly many, many stories which leave us distraught, confused, bewildered, angry, and determined to stop the rot and protect our children from any further harm.

What can you do?

Join with us to appeal for the truth about child abuse to be exposed. No more hiding behind lawyers or celebrity or money or power. We want those responsible for abusing our children brought to justice.

We do not wish for anyone to sink to the depths of law breaking which currently seems rife in our society. We do not want anyone to be hurt. We don't want protests, in the streets or anywhere else. We need to take non-violent direct action in such a way that all of our voices together cannot be ignored or brushed under the carpet.

It is very easy, and cheap. All you need to do is send an In Sympathy greetings card with [the following message] to one, or both, of the addresses below.

When?

We have decided that the most appropriate time for the influx of greetings card from all across the UK (and abroad for anyone else concerned about this heinous problem) is during Children in Need week, preferably aiming for cards to arrive on 16th November which is the date of the televised appeal.

Who do you send your card(s) to?

We believe that the BBC, as the organisation to whom the British populace pays a TV licence:
* has a duty of care to the public
* has historically been seen as a source for trusted investigative journalism
* is one of those organisations named in the Savile allegations
* as the organiser of the Children In Need appeal
is one deserving recipient of these cards. Via the BBC Complaints department.

The other is The Prime Minister at Number 10 Downing Street.

if you can send two cards, one to each address, please do.

BBC Complaints Department
PO Box 1922
Darlington
DL3 0UR

David Cameron
10 Downing Street
London
SW1A 2AA

How will you make a difference?

Both the BBC Complaints department and Number 10 have to open all these cards. Both organisations are required to log all correspondence. By the simple action of sending a greetings card, your feelings about child abuse will be noticed. Whether the avalanche of cards will change policy, (either broadcasting or political) is unknown; but you will know that for less than £2 and a trip to the letter box, you have taken direct action. You will have stated to this Government and our national publicly-funded broadcaster that you care what is happening to our children and that you want it investigated so that those responsible are dealt with by the justice system. And that the people of this country want an end to child abuse.

By telling everyone in your network- family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, even strangers on the bus - to join in this peaceful action, we can ensure that the strength of feeling on this issue cannot be ignored.

Comments please?
Excellent work gobsmackedmum! You mentioned on the Sa-Vile thread about setting up a website with this info and a twitter account linked to it. Has anyone got the know how on doing this? If a site could be set up we can post links to it all over the web in the next few days. I am on twitter and Facebook and would publish links on there and if everyone on here could do the same it would reach more people. I would also be willing to get some flyers printed up with details of the campaign and website and hand them out in my local high street next week to try and reach as many people as possible.
jayhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #26
agent scouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhow View Post
Excellent work gobsmackedmum! You mentioned on the Sa-Vile thread about setting up a website with this info and a twitter account linked to it. Has anyone got the know how on doing this? If a site could be set up we can post links to it all over the web in the next few days. I am on twitter and Facebook and would publish links on there and if everyone on here could do the same it would reach more people. I would also be willing to get some flyers printed up with details of the campaign and website and hand them out in my local high street next week to try and reach as many people as possible.
The local football match has thousands of people all in one place
Old 03-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #27
illuminumnuts

Quote:
We arrived at sending greetings cards to the "great and good".
Good idea.

Quote:
Independent candidates in elections.
In the pipeline still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northern star View Post
That means people sending them first class this morning and Royal Mail delivering them Monday morning. Not likely that we will get a huge number involved and not likely a huge number would get delivered on time either. Why not gear people up to send them on Wednesday so he gets them all just before Remembrance Sunday? Some sort of message to be made there and it gives us enough time to get more people signed up to do it.
Are you selling out your own sons, daughters, nephews and nieces? Good job! Bellboy!

Last edited by illuminumnuts; 03-11-2012 at 08:44 AM.
illuminumnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #28
princessofwands

Good campaign.

Are people intending to put their own name/address inside, and if you do that, are they obliged to send you a reply?

If you don't put your name, you could even send a few cards if you have some unused cards lying around.
princessofwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #29
comma berenices

I'm enclosing a copy of this in one of my cards.

http://chris-ukorg.org/2012/09/10/st...woodhall-farm/

This town is'nt very far from me.

The second card will be an age 7,the wording "First time i was raped by a peadophile" will be inserted inside.

I will be sending cards to local goverment bodies as well as national.

Every adult should be doing this.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #30
dopey
Inactive

The birthday card idea is a great one. My definite fave now.

There's a lot you can do with that one message wise, and CIN week is an ideal time to do this.

We definitely need a single page website that can be linked to on twitter.
dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #31
jayhow
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
The birthday card idea is a great one. My definite fave now.

There's a lot you can do with that one message wise, and CIN week is an ideal time to do this.

We definitely need a single page website that can be linked to on twitter.
I can prob do the web page but don't know how to link it to twitter?

I have some time free tomorrow so will create a page with the info that gobsmackedmum put on here. If someone can tell me how to link this into twitter then we will be good to go. Also if anyone can suggest some images ( nothing offensive or libellous) to go on the site post them on here and I will add them on the page. Once the site is ready I will post a link to it on here so people can see if its okay and then if everyone agrees we can start sending all our contacts the link and ask them to pass it on far and wide.
jayhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
dolores1

Talking Use your ££££££££ NOTES for messages!

Start telling everybody, not the MPs who will bury the fact of cards.

Tell the people, think of how many hands £ notes pass through!

Write a message on the notes in felt tip, something like BBC paedo protectors or MPs protect paedos, let your money talk (!) while you spend!

Why spend your money on cards that will be hidden from plain sight?

Love.
D.
The ‘you’ that exists beyond these stubborn entanglements is a silent, serene, being-ness; a free, wise and child-like ‘you’ that has always known the way to the secret garden, and that has always recognised the nature beings with whom we share this gracious planet.

Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed oponent!
dolores1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #33
dopey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores1 View Post
Start telling everybody, not the MPs who will bury the fact of cards.

Tell the people, think of how many hands £ notes pass through!

Write a message on the notes in felt tip, something like BBC paedo protectors or MPs protect paedos, let your money talk (!) while you spend!

Why spend your money on cards that will be hidden from plain sight?

Love.
D.

I love that idea. It would be very effective. Only problem is 1) its illegal and 2) I dont think defaced money is legal tender, or doesnt have to be accepted in shops etc.
dopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #34
gobsmackedmum

Someone has suggested Remembrance Sunday as a date. To me, because this is already getting hard to co-ordinate, we should ask people to send their cards to arrive anywhere from 10th/11th to 16th which is the whole of CIN week.

I think the text I wrote needs some serious editing as it is too long and possibly covered too much info for many non DIF people.

A twitter account will need a minimum of 2-3 people to keep an eye on it unless it is simply used as a 1 way broadcast mechanism as it could become 24-7 easily if this arouses any depth of feeling amongst people.

I think we should ONLY send cards to BBC Complaints and No 10, otherwise the entire campaign will become diluted.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #35
gobsmackedmum

Default The Message

This campaign should not be used for mud-slinging, venting ire, cussing and swearing, slander (eg naming names) etc.

The messages in the cards (which are chosen for max impact eg in sympathy or a child's birthday card) must be kept free of swearing, with really tight, effective messages. Or they will be dismissed as "bunch of righteous nutters having a go".

I have been on DIF less than a fortnight but I know there are some incredibly skilled writers on here. Ther are hundreds, nay thousands of examples of one liners that cut right to the chase.

I think every card should include "protect our children" or "justice for children" or something similar as this is what we want to achieve. But there is more to be got across and that is where we need contributions from the community here.....please!
Old 03-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #36
gobsmackedmum

Default Don't deface money

Not for this campaign anyway!! I don't know the exact law but I'm pretty sure it's tantamount to treason and the whole point of this campaign is to STAY WITHIN THE LAW.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #37
gobsmackedmum

Been thinking about the work behind running a Twitter account. This should be an easy campaign, allowed to gather its own steam without someone needing to "run" it. Also,all of us have IRL to contend with! So, KISS principle applies.

I think we should just use a Twitter hashtag to spread the word. I have one in mind but we should wait until we are ready to roll before revealing it or it may get trolled prior to the campaign gaining momentum.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #38
cynocephalus

Default Children in Need

How's about:

In support of justice for Children in Need of being heard
who left children's homes across the land, damaged & fearful
and still aren't being listened to.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #39
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessofwands View Post
Good campaign.

Are people intending to put their own name/address inside, and if you do that, are they obliged to send you a reply?

If you don't put your name, you could even send a few cards if you have some unused cards lying around.
I think it is entirely personal choice whether or not anyone signs the card with their name and address. If you want a reply, then you would need to!

And as to how many cards you send, that would depend on the depth of your feelings on this issue and your wallet IMHO
Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #40
gobsmackedmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynocephalus View Post
How's about:

In support of justice for Children in Need of being heard
who left children's homes across the land, damaged & fearful
and still aren't being listened to.
In support of children in real need
Who have been abused and disbelieved
Damaged and fearful