Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Ancient & Forbidden Knowledge / False History

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
girthgirl
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 51
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default Gods Of The New Millenium

Has anybody read Gods Of The New Millenium by Alan Alford
also if anybody has read other books by him could you tell me
which parts of his original theory he has retracted??
girthgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
who elsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 857
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Hi Gothgirl. I read Gods of the New Millenium a few years ago when Alford was considered one of the rising stars of alternative archeology. Although alot of his ideas in this book seemed to have been pulled from Zacharia Sitchen and Von Daniken alot of it struck a chord with many people, including myself, particularly the theories on the evolution of humans and the (ET) interventionist theory. It was the latter that he then retracted in his very next book. Since then he seems to have lost alot of credibility. Even tho he still comes up with interesting theories I, for one, don't have too much faith in him. His ideas seem to flit all over the place and he seems to be constantly bickering with other specialists in the field of alternative history/archeology, such as Graham Hancock, without too much justification. My gut-feeling about him is that he is a self-publicist, who likes to muddy the waters.

If you are interested in this field of research I would recommend the works of Graham Hancock and Michael Cremo higher than Alford.
who elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #3
girthgirl
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 51
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Thanks who elsie il check those out.
girthgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
limelady
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,381
Likes: 48 (7 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girthgirl View Post
Has anybody read Gods Of The New Millenium by Alan Alford
also if anybody has read other books by him could you tell me
which parts of his original theory he has retracted??
Yes, I read 'Gods" and like who elsie, a lot of it struck a chord. I was very disappointed in his next two books....the info just didn't feel right to me. I came away feeling he'd been got at....either intimidated or 'paid off' to change his story. The way he did SUCH an about face on so much of his own research was really very odd, and I know a lot of people felt the same way. He really did lose a lot of credibility which I don't believe he's ever regained.

But having said all that, each must make up their own mind of course
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #5
who elsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 857
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girthgirl View Post
Has anybody read Gods Of The New Millenium by Alan Alford
also if anybody has read other books by him could you tell me
which parts of his original theory he has retracted??
Sorry Girthgirl. Just realised I got your name wrong!

Hope you find the info useful. What were your thoughts on Gods of the New Millenium, by the way?
who elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #6
girthgirl
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancashire England
Posts: 51
Likes: 0 (0 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by who elsie View Post
Sorry Girthgirl. Just realised I got your name wrong!

Hope you find the info useful. What were your thoughts on Gods of the New Millenium, by the way?

Sorry im so long replying, your info has been most usefull and thanks for your
comments as well Limelady. I cant write much at the moment as im realy busy . I will start a thread pretty soon introducing myself properly because
ive got a hell of a lot of ideas and thoughts im dying to share with this forum
but im busy and im also not that good at typing its all in my head but i
struggle to put it to words quickly sometimes.

Gods of the new millenium realy exited me especially the theory of longetivty
and it introduced me to planet X it was the first book i read of this nature
that wasnt one of david ickes .
girthgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:50 AM   #7
limelady
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 15,381
Likes: 48 (7 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girthgirl View Post
Sorry im so long replying, your info has been most usefull and thanks for your
comments as well Limelady. I cant write much at the moment as im realy busy . I will start a thread pretty soon introducing myself properly because
ive got a hell of a lot of ideas and thoughts im dying to share with this forum
but im busy and im also not that good at typing its all in my head but i
struggle to put it to words quickly sometimes.

Gods of the new millenium realy exited me especially the theory of longetivty
and it introduced me to planet X it was the first book i read of this nature
that wasnt one of david ickes .
Thats excellent firthgirl (I got the name wrong too I think...sorry), I look forward to hearing your ideas when you get time.

LL
limelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.