Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Global Awakening

Old 23-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #781
screamingeagle

Default The Real You - Alan Watts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMRrCYPxD0I

Last edited by screamingeagle; 23-09-2013 at 08:49 PM.
screamingeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #782
equinoxboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by verndewd View Post
all im saying is were all damaged and pretense shouldnt preclude us from having natural outbursts . in my experience of actually coming out of my own PTSD from 14 years of physical and emotional abuse as a kid, I realize the lashing out was teaching me things, that i was responding defensively as needed but in manners that reflected the abuse, and i believe that has purpose, its honest, I dont think its something we block out but something we embrace and reply hey you will get past this. I am the one that counselled me I am the one that removed the inner mirror reflecting that horrid upbringing. So the context is self salvation and acceptance. yeah youre damaged yeah youre gonna freak out on the road to true kindness and yes there is a common pretense of kindness that is unrealistic.
I can pretty much test anyone who hasnt had a really damaging time in this world just to show that capacity for damage exists. not a fun experiment but after all i have been through its a honed skill. Bullshit is bullshit and hypocrisy is hypocrisy. If you havent been damaged youre a liar or very fortunate, if you havent been damaged you cant have the wisdom and peace that comes from moving out of the damage period. no psychological method is greater than experience.
In the right situation even the most put together people will fall apart thats true of everyone.
I am glad you survived it, Vern, and are able to tell people that it is possible live go beyond PTSD. There are so many people living with it and reacting to the ghosts of the past. The people they hurt when they are defending themselves from these ghosts do not always understand and can be traumatised in their turn. Love, understanding, kindness and patience are all tools with which we unpick the chain of traumatisation.

Love
equinoxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #783
verndewd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinoxboy View Post
I am glad you survived it, Vern, and are able to tell people that it is possible live go beyond PTSD. There are so many people living with it and reacting to the ghosts of the past. The people they hurt when they are defending themselves from these ghosts do not always understand and can be traumatised in their turn. Love, understanding, kindness and patience are all tools with which we unpick the chain of traumatisation.

Love
its tough, its very hard to break through all of that darkness and discipline yourself to the joy of the real undisturbed child self. It is very possible though. and generally it goes, freak the hell out realize how not to and then repeat. But it takes a level of self realization that is largely absent in this age. I dont know that its a thing most people can do.
verndewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #784
verndewd
Banned

mistakes are just your subconscious minds way of admitting to your conscious mind that you dont know everything.
Vern
Old 24-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #785
verndewd
Banned

If people dont think that real kindness cant offend the ego they are mistaken. The ego is a big baby and true kindness is very offensive to it in many ways.
Old 24-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #786
equinoxboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by verndewd View Post
The ego is a big baby and true kindness is very offensive to it in many ways.
Yup. It doesn't play by the rules that the ego understands.

Love
equinoxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #787
verndewd
Banned

Were raised with statements like you need to change your attitude, What we dont really realize is not only can it be done and is effective but in actuality thats ego. A simple mechanic where you just throw away everything youre thinking that brings you to that attitude.
Vern

Aside from every cotton picking thing in my life being a test of keeping or chucking ego my disinterest in english class revealing the mountain my ego had created in the past; im disinterested so i dont perform well even though i do a quality end result on the final paper.
Old 27-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #788
verndewd
Banned

real kindness is very destructive to ones ego.
Vern
Old 27-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #789
verndewd
Banned

Im fishing out the deeper richer ideas in life, i will probably mess up and look like an idiot , hypocrite, misfit , and god knows what other names we'd call it. But I'd rather do that than have to paint my facade everyday by not going there out of a fear that I might at one point look bad. Were all going to look bad, most people hide it; I think humans have things in reverse as such things are equalizers like the bodies expulsion of waste and traffic lights. You cant find the things of depth in life without experiencing what makes them, and that would be our propensity to err.
Vern
Old 27-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #790
verndewd
Banned

What concerns me most about my rough childhood is that the roughnecks ahead of me who also had a tough time of it , cant seem to navigate past it as I and my brother are. When you stop victimizing yourself with yourself better ideas emerge, its unfortunately you cant share the experience. All you can say is anything is possible , I am living proof. You cant really live in the present by mirroring the past outwards, when you realize you can stop doing that and you begin to change your attitude you start seeing , well actually it was only bad in certain spots and i had no idea how to undo that effect.
I was really gifted with automatic knowledge as a kid, i realized by age 13 that i was more a gathering of influences than an original idea. If I had the english paper from jr high I could prove that .
By 18 my uncle who had a tough one in his life decided to respond to that observation by saying bullshit you are what you want to create don't fill my head with that shit.
That stuck and proved true. You don't have to have it rough to change yourself to change the world, And anyone thats had it rough kinda owes the world the effort, were mirrors of a ton of social stupidity brought on by everyone. People that havent had it rough are kinda stuck up and snooty unless youre an abused woman or kid thats shoved in their faces. in fact most of our reactions to people just having a rough day are just shit unless they are close friends or family.
Were all one species,,scientifically we couldnt get any fucking closer as family. people that care about the world change themselves , people that are immersed in the self try to change everyone else.
The flip side of all of this shit we dump on each other is a profound insight into our humanity. Were not stupid for ignoring that but were as ignorant as we could ever be by it. In all honesty to be a rejective pig over aspects of the human condition is a fairly unrealistic frame of mind. maybe the crazy people are the ones living in this "seclusionist" perfect world delusion.
Maybe you need to have it rough to find an answer about anything in life, cuz easy streeters typically dont know squat.
Old 28-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #791
verndewd
Banned

What is light in us is the heart without knowing the world for its darkness, To have experienced the world for its pain and unlearned it all is the process of enlightenment. Does one simply remove painful experience? nothing like that is simply done, and you can only remove the effect of the experience.
Vern
Old 28-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #792
alisa2

In this marriage-song it is not the words which are to be pondered, but the affections behind them.
Bernard of Clairvaux
alisa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #793
verndewd
Banned

I think twin flames is about spiritual activation, i think if we were all spiritually activated we could have those intense connections with anyone.
twin flames and soul mates are just terms for people that dont activate spiritually. if you activate you can have that connection with anyone, the point isnt the connection its in going back to the source of spirit within and unlearning the material perspective to the degree that you are liberated from it.
Vern

Last edited by verndewd; 28-09-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 29-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #794
verndewd
Banned

i think if the universe was just created by a masculine energy it wouldnt harbor life or anything of beauty, it would be full of interesting phenomenon but would be a bit boring after all that.
Vern
Old 29-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #795
verndewd
Banned

Becoming spiritually aware is like finding out your ego is your child and you have to raise it.
vern
Old 29-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #796
verndewd
Banned

The world is a wonderful place full of people waiting to be offended by something.
Source unknown posted by julian lennon on facebook today.
Old 30-09-2013, 01:09 AM   #797
heartbeatsalute

Julian Assange quoted Plato: “One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”
The belief that society exists has sabotaged every effort to change mankind. It is the reason why revolutions have failed. It is about a totally different revolution: the revolution in the heart of the individual.
heartbeatsalute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #798
verndewd
Banned

Mass societal hallucination: Someone has the right to affect your freedoms.

Government has become just another type of religious institution.
Vern
Old 30-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #799
screamingeagle

wayseers
Been diagnosed with a "disorder"? That's society's latest way to deny it's own illness by pointing the finger at you
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #800
verndewd
Banned

Religion becomes obsolete in the morphing of it into a carefully constructed psychology of corporate governing order.
Vern