Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 23-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #1
size_of_light

Default The 'Shadow Man' Caught on Video

Video Description: First known video of a Shad­ow Man, from the res­i­dence of our wit­ness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by size_of_light View Post

Last edited by size_of_light; 23-04-2010 at 06:23 AM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #2
biblegirl

Quote:
Video Description: First known video of a Shad­ow Man, from the res­i­dence of our wit­ness.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ease=103411866
the link just took me to myspace vids but i didn't see one on shadowman
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
size_of_light

Not sure what's up with that.

Screw it - mods please delete this thread.

Thanks.
Old 23-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #4

Quote:

[medial]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=102756452[/media]
I think maybe you used the wrong tag. Hmmm, and the wrong url?

Acts 2:38

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

Last edited by 1964; 23-04-2010 at 06:53 AM.
1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
biblegirl

dang, sounded like it was going to be good
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
dang, sounded like it was going to be good
Quote:

I listen to Coast to Coat AM via Streamlink even though I live in Germany now. They were talking about Shadown People and they apparently dress like 1950 ad men. I found the sketch above somewhere online. What's with the fedoras? (Via Wikipedia)

Shadow people (also known as shadow men, shadow folk, or shadow beings) are said to be shadow like creatures of supernatural origin that appear as dark forms in the peripheries of people's vision and disintegrate, or move between walls, when noticed.

Reports of shadow people are similar to ghost sightings, but differ in that shadow people are not reported as having human features, wearing modern/period clothing, or attempting to communicate. Witnesses also do not report the same feelings of being in the presence of something that 'was once human'. Some individuals have described being menaced, chased, or attacked by shadow people. There have also been reports of shadow people appearing in front of witnesses or lingering for several seconds before disappearing. Witnesses report that encounters are typically accompanied by a feeling of dread.

Two commonly-reported types of shadow people

Accounts of shadow people typically describe them as being black humanoid silhouettes with no discernible mouths, noses, or facial expressions, though accounts also exist of them being child-sized humanoids or shapeless masses that sometimes change to a more human like form. The eyes are usually not described as being discernible but in some reports glowing eyes are mentioned. The color of the eyes is red. Generally, they are described as lacking mass, though their specific nature varies from a two-dimensional shadow to a vaporous or distorted three-dimensional form. Their movement is often described as being very quick and disjointed; they may first move slowly, as if they were passing through a heavy liquid, and then rapidly "hop" to another part of a witness's surroundings. Some witnesses describe this movement as though the shadow entities they have seen "danced" from one wall to the next, or as moving around the room "as if they were on a specific track". Often they are described as being seen staring at the floor. Some accounts describe what appears to be the outline of a cloak, and in some instances the outline of a 1930s style fedora hat. This last type is referred to by many alleged witnesses on the Internet as the "hat-man" due to its prevalence among Shadow people sightings.

Various depictions and artists rendering have been posted on the Internet.

Hypotheses

Several explanations have been proposed to explain the phenomena of shadow people.

Paranormal

Explanations for shadow people have been drawn from the fields of parapsychology, metaphysics, cryptozoology, demonology, religion, and the occult:

* A creature/s in an alternate reality whose dimension occasionally overlaps with ours, allowing it to be partially visible.
* A Manifest Thoughtform (egregore), ghost or demon created through various means, including negative psychic energy, black magic and other occult practices, or an event in which extreme emotional or physical stress/trauma has taken place.
* A creature in some way linked to Grey and Reptilian aliens
* An unattended shadow or shade (mythology), said in some cultures, to be similar to that of a ghost, a flicker of a life unable to end for some reason.

Scientific

Several non-paranormal hypothesis for the phenomena of shadow people exist, including optical illusions or hallucinations brought on by the physiological/psychological circumstances of the witnesses.

Pareidolia

In most instances, witnesses report seeing shadow people in the peripheral areas of their vision. This area of vision is linked to the areas of the brain that recognizes patterns, however it provides less detail to the brain than macular (center-forward) vision. This can lead to a condition known as pareidolia, in which the brain incorrectly interprets random patterns of light/shadow or texture as being familiar patterns such as faces and human forms. The same condition can also be observed in macular vision in low light conditions, or when viewing a complex but random image. A common example would be perceiving a shadow, thrown by an item of furniture in a darkened room, as being a person.

Hypnogogia

Also known as waking-sleep, hypnogogia is a documented physiological condition in which a person is part-way between sleeping and waking. During hypnogogia, a person can be conscious and aware of their environment, but also in a dream-like state where they can perceive images from their subconscious. People experiencing waking-sleep commonly report the sensation of lights or shadows moving around them, as well as other visual hallucinations. A feeling of dread is also a sensation that occurs when experiencing hypnogogia. Hypnogogia is sometimes known as 'the faces in the dark phenomenon' because those who experience this state commonly report seeing faces while experiencing waking-sleep. Similar hypothesis have been put forward linking this condition to a number of other apparent paranormal experiences, including alien abductions and paranormal nocturnal visitations.

Chemical agents

The use of narcotics and psychotropic agents, including methamphetamine and LSD, can produce shadow person-like hallucinations. Dopaminergic drugs such as pramipexole can sometimes cause these hallucinations. Common over-the-counter medication can also have a similar effect if taken in sufficient quantity (see diphenhydramine and pseudoephedrine).

Electromagnetic fields

Under the right conditions, electromagnetic fields can interfere with the functions of the temporal lobe; creating altered states of perception in which auditory and visual hallucinations can occur.

Using electromagnetic fields, researches have been able to recreate many of the experiences reported during paranormal encounters under laboratory conditions, including those of shadow people. Researchers have also documented correlations between variances in naturally-occurring magnetic fields and areas where paranormal events have been reported.

Neurological conditions

Certain neurological conditions, such as photosensitive complex partial seizures, have also been shown to cause sufferers to see shadow people.

http://memes.org/what-are-shadow-people-and-why-fedora
By the pond:

First link:

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...2bf642f8b4518a
Old 23-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
turquoisefire777

Quote:
Not sure what's up with that.

Screw it - mods please delete this thread.

Thanks.
getting scared are you?

sissy.
turquoisefire777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #8
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoisefire777 View Post
getting scared are you?

sissy.
He runs off like the superhero "The Flash" in the last frame there.
Old 23-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
haukipesukone

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
the link just took me to myspace vids but i didn't see one on shadowman
This link on the bottom of the OP works: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=102756452

It did for me.

Never heard about this shadow man thing before.
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
turquoisefire777

Quote:
He runs off like the superhero "The Flash" in the last frame there.
lol yeah, they seem to have that ability. after all, they are as light as a shadow....
Old 23-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #11
haukipesukone

Reading the explanation about shadow people in SoL's post #6 immediately made me think of the Keremet. They're race of non-corporeal beings in the roleplaying game Changeling: The Dreaming.

Quote:
The keremet are mortals brought into the Dreaming at the moment of their death. No longer mortal, and not quite wraith, the keremet go about their enigmatic purposes with emotionless detachment. They frequently travel to the Shadowlands, and are able to see and communicate with the spirits of the deceased. They did not take part in the Tessarakonta, and may walk the Silver Paths. They feel no pain or pleasure, need not eat or breathe and are immune to disease. There is a special oath, the Pact of Dagda, which can cause the keremet to lose some of their powers if it is broken. The keremet are emotionally dead creatures, and cannot really muse Glamour from mortals, and have additional problems relating to anyone socially. The keremet look fully alive only in their Dioniae Aria, looking quite unhealthy in Araminae and corpselike in Apolliae Arias.
http://wiki.white-wolf.com/worldofda...8KARE-e-met.29

Like most things in White Wolf's World of Darkness the keremet are loosely based on actual myth, so I decided to investigate more what the keremet are.

First I discovered this: "Among the Cheremis and Mordvins (Finno-Ugric), keremet are fenced-in sanctuaries or sacred groves, the living places of heroes and ghosts."
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/k/keremet.html

I was surprised, I had thought the word keremet is Indian or something. I didn't know it was Finnish-related. I also found this: Šert Terkan "Among the Cheremis/Mari people, the name of an individual keremet or evil spirit."
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/s/sert_terkan.html

I looked further into the Mari people. This is all Wikipedia says about them.
Quote:
The Mari faith also possesses a pantheon of gods who reside in the heavens, the most important of whom is known as the Great White God (Ош Кугу Юмо, Osh Kugu Yumo). Other lesser gods include the god of fire (Тул Юмо, Tul Yumo) and the god of wind (Мардеж Юмо, Mardezh Yumo). The Mari also believe in a number of half-men, half-gods (керемет, keremet) who live on earth. The most revered of these gods is Chumbulat (Чумбулат)Kubrat or Chumbylat (Чумбылат), a renowned leader and warrior[3].
Quote:
Kuzma Alekseyev, possibly his surname is Pilyandin, also known as Kuzya-the-God was a leader of Teryukhan unrest in 1806-1810, proclaimed himself a prophet.

Kuzya-the-God lived in Teryukhan Mordvin village of Makrasha. Combining the Mordvin traditional beliefs with Christianity and conjuring tricks he managed to instill into his deity. He arranged secret devotions in keremet (place of prayers) near Maloye Seskino village. This resulted in Teryukhans' growing cool towards Russian Orthodox Church. A troop was sent to arrest Kuzya-the-God. A court sentenced him to corporal punishment, marking and exile. In September 1810 he was birched in Dalneye Konstantinovo village , Teryushevskaya Volost. The same year he was exiled to Irkutsk Governorate, however there he continued his sectarianism activity.

The Finnish language article on the Mari mentioned that Stalin had all of the intellectuals of the Mari killed in 1937. They knew too much esoteric tribal stuff?

This is all very off topic, or is it?
"What lies within always has a form without and that which is without takes a shape within. Put another way, we sometimes say that which is visible must always have an invisible aspect, just as everything invisible must be represented by the visible."
- Oone the dreamthief

Peruse through Bad Poetry of Pain and Hurt
Or wrack your brain with Concordia ab Chao and Your Life is a Lie
haukipesukone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by haukipesukone View Post
The Finnish language article on the Mari mentioned that Stalin had all of the intellectuals of the Mari killed in 1937. They knew too much esoteric tribal stuff?

This is all very off topic, or is it?
No, excellent stuff.

Stalin seemed to be well in tune with the paranormal and in trying to harness it to cement his power.
Old 23-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
coco

I saw them or rather 'him' (a single one) quite a bit when I was 13. He was not wearing a hat or cloak. Just a shadow of a man.

At first he was in the far peripheral vision, I would look and he would not be there. In time he started to come into my vision much better, I would need only move my eyes to see him. As more time passed I could look at him straight on. He just walked. He didn't stop, he didn't do anything but walk from A to B, which was nowhere. I never actually saw him vanish as he would walk up and down the hallway.

Shortly after I was able to look at him straight on, I received word my paternal grandfather died. I never knew him and only seen one photo of him in my life so it's an odd coincidence.

In the past as a child, I would occasionally see one walk about the boarding house that was next door and I saw one walking just out the corner of my eye last year right before I learned my dog had cancer and I had to make the decision whether to proceed with a surgery or put him down. I went with surgery and my dog did well and is recovered. After the successful surgery, I no longer saw the walking man.

It would seem he is the messenger of death for me although his last 'message' did not prove itself as my dog survived.

I have heard of shadow men with hats and cloaks and some with red eyes, but that has never been my experience. He is always just a shadow without hat or cloak or any distinguishing features and commits no mischief but only walks.

A forum dedicated to the research, discussion, reporting and classifying of the UFO phenomenon.
http://www.uforesearchnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi

Last edited by coco; 23-04-2010 at 06:11 PM.
coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #14
themime

As I've said before on here when I've seen these things it was half in the real world, half in the mind so I'm not sure if you can video them or not but I do find this subject very interesting.
Old 24-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #15
size_of_light

Coincidentally, a guest on the Jeff Rense show right now is talking about her family's experiences when their house was inundated by shadow people.

http://www.renseradio.com/listenlive.htm

Scroll down and choose your preferred media player from the '16K Free Live Feed' panel on the right and it will kick in.

Last edited by size_of_light; 24-04-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 25-04-2010, 02:24 AM   #16
destinysmoon1964

Quote:
Thats a video that my friend JC Johnson filmed at a farm in New Mexico
destinysmoon1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #17
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinysmoon1964 View Post
Thats a video that my friend JC Johnson filmed at a farm in New Mexico
JC has one on Skinwalkers that sounds very interesting.

'Navajo Skin Walkers & Legends' :

Quote:
I set out years ago in search of Sasquatch,,, Or I should say, years
ago and presently, Sasquatch keeps searching out me.
Our primary interest when we set out , was hairy hominid related. The
Reservation we research on, is a deep and dark place, full of mystery
and witchery. We soon found that there was more than Sasquatch, much
more.

We realized, that if we were going to understand one thing, we need
be acquainted with everything. What ever we found, would be exposed
for what it is, and or was. Some of the Bigfoot reports we went to
investigate, turned out to be something else. This led us into a new
area of investigation, and the more we uncovered, the more we became
familiar with the fact we were dealing with evil.

This is not to say, that some of the Dogman reports I have been privy
to, could not point to a yet undiscovered creature. I'm still holding
out on that, and have some stunning eye witness accounts of peaceable
encounters where the Dogman acts more accordingly as an animal, and
or predator in a natural environment, not seeking human attention or
being some type of terror toward human kind.

The Skin Walker, for whom he is, and what he does, transforms him/her
self into and emulation or imitation of and animal. Some wear hides,
some transform, some travel in spirit form. Every intention I've
witnessed, is that they bring evil and misery, and do not benefit the
Dine' Navajo and continue to keep them prisoners of darkness and
superstition.

To Become One of them:

1. Sacrifice a loved one, or sibling, child- someone close to you.
2. Bring in the body to the group, that they may practice some
necrophilia, and then feast on some of the body parts. Later they
will take some of the organs, and make powders and potions.
3. You now begin your apprenticeship with a practicing leader.
4. Your family, and children are no longer yours. They become part or
eventually die.

I'll stop here. The list goes on and on. If you ever come and visit
Navajo Country, do so in the daylight, and never stray far from major
roads and attractions. Be on the mind and careful if a Navajo invites
you to his home for dinner, you might be the main course.

Half of our crew is Dine' Navajo. They share the same sentiments as
myself, no culture should condone and or cover up, Homicide,
Necrophilia, Cannibalism, Child Abuse,,, etc.

Our documentary, is the first part in a series to uncover and expose
this phenomena in truth and in light, and yet still show some of the
beauty and honorable legends of this land and people.

JC Johnson
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=468608729
Old 25-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
turquoisefire777

shadow people gets a mention in this article:

Carry the Pipe in Your Heart

9th April 2006

Great calamities are about to befall humankind.

The serpent beings have begun their chant.
The grey ones, the wiry-faced jumping ones, the slimy-skinned ones, the fair-faced jumpers, the big-faced fighters and others have responded to their commanders' chant.

The feathered beings likewise have squawked and spread their wings.
The raven beings, the masked beings, the tall clay ones, the tentacled beings and more are railing behind their feathered commanders.

The serpents and the feathered ones are about to wage a giant war against one another.

Humans shall watch and scream in terror.
Many will not know or suspect what is happening.
Some have become servants to the serpentine or the feathered beings.
Others will turn soon.

Nothing here will survive the Great Thunder.
Nothing in this world can survive the Great Flood.
Nothing on this planet can survive the Great Heat.
Only time will ease the pain of horror that the sun brings to the Earth.
Time is running thin.

When the tundra breaks off from the continent many lands will be left bare.
Before the summer is over, the heavens will sing, proclaiming the demise of horror.

Humans will be confused, frightened, angered and empty and many will fight one another as their hearts plunge into Darkness while others weep.
Only a small number will remember their Creator and follow their Creator's Voice to find hope, peace and calmness within.
The rest will be swallowed by the Shadows.

Those who hear the Creator's Voice will not succumb to the Shadows.
These are the ones who will climb the mountains to the Land of Peace, Love and Beauty.

The Call has begun.

White Buffalo Woman has returned to fulfil her role.
An outside mediator between the children and their Creator is not needed.
The only mediator is one's True Light connecting to one's Creator.

The Drumming has happened.
The Split Feather is joined.
The Call has gone out.
The Singing has commenced.
The Song is spreading around all corners of the Earth and beyond.

Taho-li-wa-la

The Call is done.

The Harvest has begun.
Joyous are the children of the Creator journeying towards the Light.
White Buffalo Woman has returned.

Evil will end Its reign and be no more.

Ya-tu-sa

Carry the Pipe in your heart.
The original Pipe was given as a gift of love.
The Pipe is not a trophy.
Do not be concerned which nation now holds the original Pipe.
It matters not which nation you come from or which nation claims to hold the Pipe.
What is important is that each of you hold the Pipe in your heart.
You can then smile with confidence knowing that you still carry the Pipe in your heart.

With Love and Blessings

Nara
White Buffalo Woman

© 2006 AHSAF
http://www.xeeatwelve.net/articles/carry_the_pipe.html

Xee-A Twelve Home Page

Last edited by turquoisefire777; 25-04-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 25-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #19
mr stoppitall

It was one of these shadowmen that brought my soul to this incarnation.

mr stoppitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #20
crystalline

I have seen these shadow people twice, both times they were in the form of "the hooded figure". The first time I saw them was before I fell ill with a blockage in my bile duct, I subsequently was hospitalized for 3 and a half weeks, my gall bladder burst and I had emergency surgery, I was so ill in the hospital that I was convinced I was going to die.

The second visit from the shadow people was earlier this year while I was at work. At the time I was getting severe abdo pain and my GP had referred me to hospital for an ultrasound scan. I had a dream about someone dying with cancer and was convinced the shadow people were there forwarning of illness again. The ultrasound was normal, I continued to get severe abdo pain and couldn't understand it. Approx a month later my mother took ill with abdo pain, she was admitted to hospital and died 2 weeks later with stomach cancer. I hope I never see the shadow people again. For me they forwarn of trauma/death.
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote