Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #61
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
Never truer words spoken, practice makes perfect.

Now is the time of year to lean how to adapt and have fun doing it.

My top ten for this years courses.

First is how to make a bow and arrows and string from out of the wild.

Second is finding natural cures for common ailments using the culpepper guide.

Third is making bronze tools and making a charcoal furness for melting copper and other ores.

Fourth is making eel and other fish traps for both bait and main species, night lines, underwater traps.

Fifth is how to build a mini stove from recycled tin cans and old nuts and bolts.

Sixth is how to catch live game and train your dog to catch them and domesticate what you capture.

Seventh is learning how to use nature as your early warning signs in a defensive situation.

Eight is learning how to make emergency footware and clothing from the wild and tanning of the materials.

Nine is making traps and using live bait from imprinted wildlife.

Tenth is learning how to make the system work for you and not the other way around.
LIKE IT very much .
The early warning system using nature is more easy than you might think .
Other than smell , for which in some cases you can smell people coming from a good distance ( wind direction does help ) just listening to your surroundings and then hearing a sudden change can indicate a few things .
( Weather change , approaching predator , grassland fire , from miles away , often wild life can smell fire before humans , things like that . any change is always worth noting .)

I noted your comment about making footwear , WELL DONE , some thing that isnt thought of often .

funny enough , psychology can also help depending on the situation , in bad times when meeting strangers , it is paramount that the ability to assess and adapt to personality traits of different personality types can be used with out raising suspicion . the chameleon as one says , to change shape and form to adapt to all situations .

I like this list of yours , should prove handy if you accomplish it .
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #62
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthatshow View Post
Does anyone have a good list of 2012 survival communities? Or know of a good place to check? I have been searching around and found a couple good groups on http://face2012.net. But I am trying to find groups in the US, and having trouble. I don't have the resources or knowledge and time to do something myself. My only hope is to get together with others. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or links to other threads on this forum. Thanks

you can just google it it won't take long before you see loads .

Last edited by tracker; 10-05-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:11 AM   #63
tolkienite
Inactive

An excellent thought for making hides supple is skin the animal, then crack the skull and use the brains of the animal. Chop the brains onto the scraped hide {scrape the 'meat' side to get the last sinews and scraps off**. Rub them in using hands or a blunt instrument. Make sure to cover the whole area of the hide.
Really give it a good going-over, rub the brains into the hide as much as you can.

Wash or use hands to take the left over brains off the hide. Rub it as dry as you can with a cloth or leaves {if you are truly stuck for items**.

Whenever you have a free moment {has to be soon, that hour if possible** rub the hide to make it supple. Work it with your hands, gently twist it back and forth, bend it, rub it with a smooth rock.

If it's allowed to dry stiff it won't be any use to you. The rubbed in brains help to keep it supple and it cures as soft as a calfskin. {especially if you use a calf, lol**
They also make the hide waterproof, which is useful if you want to survive winter.

If you rub it for a few hours the first day and keep rubbing it on and off during the next few days, you'll have a very strong, soft, warm piece of skin that can be cut into any shape and is very useful for a range of clothing and coverings.

It is especially easy to make rabbit fur foot coverings using this method. Fur inwards is a great option for winter. Pierce holes in the skins with a knife, sharp stick or even shattered stone {if really desperate** and sew them together using dried tendons or strips of leather cut from a finished hide {deer hide is best for tendons and hide strips. Substitute kangaroo skins if you have access to them, they are very tough**
If you have no other option, use a carnivore's skin for strips of hide. The skin around the neck and chest is thickest.

Guide the strips through the holes using the point of a sharp stick. This is a good method in lack of a needle and thread.

Using logic and these instructions, you can easily fit together shoes for winter.
tolkienite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #64
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
LIKE IT very much .
The early warning system using nature is more easy than you might think .
Other than smell , for which in some cases you can smell people coming from a good distance ( wind direction does help ) just listening to your surroundings and then hearing a sudden change can indicate a few things .
( Weather change , approaching predator , grassland fire , from miles away , often wild life can smell fire before humans , things like that . any change is always worth noting .)

I noted your comment about making footwear , WELL DONE , some thing that isnt thought of often .

funny enough , psychology can also help depending on the situation , in bad times when meeting strangers , it is paramount that the ability to assess and adapt to personality traits of different personality types can be used with out raising suspicion . the chameleon as one says , to change shape and form to adapt to all situations .

I like this list of yours , should prove handy if you accomplish it .
I already have these skills under my belt and the list is designed for students who come out with me, showing also teaches me new tricks which I inadvertantly get from them, one is always learning.

Footware is as important as food, without them your at a dissadvantage as you already know I'm sure.

To me many times in the past the animals have been my eyes behind and in front of me, if there is a flurry of feather behind me moving over or past me I know and vice -,versa.

In nature spycology as I like to call it is very cunning, what you sometimes see is not what you get in a chase, where you can run right past your target and then become the prey.

In the ambush situation which way do you run

As in any animal which is cornered can be a dangerous time and what appears to run away can take the edge off your perception and can then be used against you, bravery is nearly always what gets you into troubles that you never bargained for whilst the adrenalin is running.

There is always something to learn that you will never get from RM's video's or books like being on the ground, like I said before, enjoy it doing it

Footware can be made from old car tires and last for years I have seen a pair where the steel brading inside was intricately woven over the top to create the upper, they were really good/year
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #65
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkienite View Post
An excellent thought for making hides supple is skin the animal, then crack the skull and use the brains of the animal. Chop the brains onto the scraped hide {scrape the 'meat' side to get the last sinews and scraps off**. Rub them in using hands or a blunt instrument. Make sure to cover the whole area of the hide.
Really give it a good going-over, rub the brains into the hide as much as you can.

Wash or use hands to take the left over brains off the hide. Rub it as dry as you can with a cloth or leaves {if you are truly stuck for items**.

Whenever you have a free moment {has to be soon, that hour if possible** rub the hide to make it supple. Work it with your hands, gently twist it back and forth, bend it, rub it with a smooth rock.

If it's allowed to dry stiff it won't be any use to you. The rubbed in brains help to keep it supple and it cures as soft as a calfskin. {especially if you use a calf, lol**
They also make the hide waterproof, which is useful if you want to survive winter.

If you rub it for a few hours the first day and keep rubbing it on and off during the next few days, you'll have a very strong, soft, warm piece of skin that can be cut into any shape and is very useful for a range of clothing and coverings.

It is especially easy to make rabbit fur foot coverings using this method. Fur inwards is a great option for winter. Pierce holes in the skins with a knife, sharp stick or even shattered stone {if really desperate** and sew them together using dried tendons or strips of leather cut from a finished hide {deer hide is best for tendons and hide strips. Substitute kangaroo skins if you have access to them, they are very tough**
If you have no other option, use a carnivore's skin for strips of hide. The skin around the neck and chest is thickest.

Guide the strips through the holes using the point of a sharp stick. This is a good method in lack of a needle and thread.

Using logic and these instructions, you can easily fit together shoes for winter.
When I have used the old grey matter to treat hide I find there is never enough and the cream goes off very quickly in the hotter parts of the year, bark tannins are far better and can be carried dry until you need them and make a far better job, The leather is also less vunerable to attack from nature, eating it.

For the soles you need stiffened leather or woven willow strengthenings or hand split timber that can be heated and bent into shape, a much more simple shoes is the clog which are about the best emmergency shoes you can have and last a long time and insulate you from the ground very well in winter.

Best items for needles are fish bones and a variety of thorns for making holes first, so you don't break valuble needles.

I make my needles with a small barb at one end and use it like my handmade hook awl which I sew on my soles to make my own shoes and boots.

You make the hole with a thorn, push the needle through wrap the thread around the needle and when you pull back trough the hole the barb catches the thread and pulls it back through the hole, no need to make an eye.

If you mount the thorn in a piece of wood like elder with its hollow centre you have more control and save breaking them, be carefull with blackthorn because it has a waxy enzyme on the point which can prevent the natural healing over process and also accumulate in the body each time you prick yourself and makes some people quite ill.

The very best tapered threads I make myself out of nettles and other hemp like plant sinew, twisting it and coating it with beeswax and tree resin and the needles are animal whiskers that are whipped in, especially good are pigs, known as waxed twins in the traditional shoe making trade, exactly like the Romams once used and are still the best products from nature herself, these are not that difficult to make if you are shown how.
Old 15-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #66
tracker

Its been a while Apprentice .
Where you been ?
Good to see you .

Old 15-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #67
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Where you been ?
Good to see you .

Still here, been busy making lots of things, greenhouse, bee hives, falconry hoods, Mayan spinners, blackcurrant pickers, leather survival bags, shoes and boots, tool making/leather sole planes that you cannot buy any more, and lots more.

And you.
Old 15-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #68
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Where you been ?
Good to see you .

Still here, been busy making lots of things, greenhouse, bee hives, falconry hoods, Mayan spinners, blackcurrant pickers, leather survival bags, shoes and boots, tool making/leather sole planes that you cannot buy any more, and lots more.

And you.
Old 19-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #69
vorwahr
Inactive

after the foods ran out or just before , aren't all the prepares with guns and ammo etc just going to turn into marauders ?
who or what would prevent this obvious progression ?
vorwahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #70
dawnuk

Yes they are.................................
and if you cannot defend yourself you are going to be robbed......etc etc....

if law breaks down and people havent got food etc they will come looking for it.

you only have to look at what happened after hurricane catrina to give you an idea of what may well happen.

you will have gangs of wrong uns prolly armed coming.
dawnuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #71
dawnuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorwahr View Post
after the foods ran out or just before , aren't all the prepares with guns and ammo etc just going to turn into marauders ?
who or what would prevent this obvious progression ?
preppers will try to defend their own......family etc...

they are preparing to defend themselves and survive....

ummm ....are you new to all this?

Old 19-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #72
dawnuk

and... if things broke down....how long do you think it will be before someone came if you rang for help?

they would be too busy elsewhere and overwhelmed....

oh dear....
Old 19-12-2012, 11:34 AM   #73
dawnuk

and ..........food might not be the only thing they ummmmm...... take....

sooooooooo..... there ya go. Pulp fiction and broke back mountain rolled into one..... lol.

if things broke down martial law would be called and the army would come in, but again.....would they be busy elsewhere tackling maurauderes/robbers etc etc...plus lots of troops are away in afghanistan.....serving.....and with all the cuts we have less than 100,000 troops now so we have gone from an army to a defense force!

Last edited by dawnuk; 19-12-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 16-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #74
jechyrah
Inactive

Quick question, not sure if appropriate.
I need a way for my wife and I to communicate if power is out/'im stuck at workd or other emergencies.

2-way radios wont help cause they say 1-2 mile range with direct line of sight. I work approx 10 miles from home. Any ideaS?
jechyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #75
truth seeker 09

Last edited by truth seeker 09; 03-02-2013 at 12:26 AM.
truth seeker 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #76
hagrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnuk View Post

if things broke down martial law would be called and the army would come in,
you can forget any help from the Army, the way they are running down the troop numbers, they wont have enough left to be everywhere, with only about 82,000 soldiers they would be hard pressed to control London alone, the rest of the country will be left to fend for themselves.
hagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #77
dawnuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jechyrah View Post
Quick question, not sure if appropriate.
I need a way for my wife and I to communicate if power is out/'im stuck at workd or other emergencies.

2-way radios wont help cause they say 1-2 mile range with direct line of sight. I work approx 10 miles from home. Any ideaS?
right....we were in Maplins a couple of weeks back and they have some decent radios with a good range..... iirc was in the region of 12k or something....they were the "Cobra" make......were about 75 quids i think....we were sorely tempted because of the miles better range.......check them out.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #78
dawnuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagrid View Post
you can forget any help from the Army, the way they are running down the troop numbers, they wont have enough left to be everywhere, with only about 82,000 soldiers they would be hard pressed to control London alone, the rest of the country will be left to fend for themselves.
yeh I know all about it my friend.... my OH is recent ex army...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #79
hagrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnuk View Post
yeh I know all about it my friend.... my OH is recent ex army...
be a lot like that in the next couple of years, got lots of friends on another survival forum who are ex-mil.
hagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #80
tracker

bump