Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 26-10-2016, 10:24 AM   #1
tildatod
Banned

Default Thoughts about robot films and programs

Recently they've been focusing on showing us robots that either develop, or are given, consciousness, emotions and free thought and will. Why do you think this is? What message are they trying to pass, or what beliefs are they trying to instill in us?

Westworld features robots playing the role of victim. The aggressors are humans. In the past, robots were crude, usually all silver, shiny, metallic, typically robotic in movement, very obviously robotic. They would destroy humans in an instant, fry them on the spot, or use some kind of laser beam to zap them. They spoke like Microsoft Sam speaks....that typical monotone with stops and starts. The robots were always the bad guys, humans would have to fight them and save the earth from them. Johnny 5 was an all metal robot with feeling, but of course he was small, and had a child's voice, or some kind of cartoon voice.

In the series called Humans, the robots are all aesthetically beautiful or immaculate. The ones given consciousness vary from aggressive/defensive to thoughtful, calm, placid, confused etc. This series is much more subtle....the humans are both aggressors and heroes. They have flaws and good features. The robots are likewise, flawed in their behaviour or heroic.

Humans even features a mobilisation by humans named We Are People. Humans who are fed up of the synths/robots taking over their jobs, their lives, their families, their world. They're mostly disorganised and disgruntled. There are even underground fight clubs where humans can attack synths/robots. There are underground 'modders' i.e. techies who illegally trade in stolen synths, or do illegal modifications to their software.

What's the plan? What are they wanting people to think/feel about all this? Why do we need robots to resemble humans? Why have they moved from the all-metal hulk with no emotion/consciousness to the model-faced human mimics?
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
thirsty4

Rather than robots becoming more human, people are becoming, or will become more robotic.

There's really not much to lose for many.
thirsty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #3
gymgenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Why have they moved from the all-metal hulk with no emotion/consciousness to the model-faced human mimics?
I believe it's to make us more accepting of them.
gymgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #4
ufochick

For things to change people must form groups. What better way to keep people isolated and controlled than to have the significant other be an android.

All TV is a form of social programming. We are being taught that accepting, using and even loving droids is ok.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #5
cosmic tramp

I was actually inspired by a thread on here to re-buy the original Westworld on DVD with Yul Brynner ( it's only £3 in Sainsbury's) very prescient film that one and is currently about no. 34 in the DVD charts. As the OP suggests why are such films good as they are) being re-released into the public psyche. In this film the robot can be your biggest fear ( Psycho Cowboy) or maybe greatest pleasure (Saloon Bar Whore)...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 26-10-2016 at 01:45 PM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
huyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post

All TV is a form of social programming. We are being taught that accepting, using and even loving droids is ok.
i think that's the gist of it i think they must be getting ready for us to get used to androids and virtual AI which will be coming in the near future.
David Cameron. An Epitome of Evil Ep2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYljp...e=results_main
huyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 04:14 PM   #7
Rogue

Quote:
Recently they've been focusing on showing us robots that either develop, or are given, consciousness, emotions and free thought and will. Why do you think this is? What message are they trying to pass, or what beliefs are they trying to instill in us?
Robots or artificial humans are the way of the future. Less humans, more control.

Last edited by Rogue; 26-10-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
jake_ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
I was actually inspired by a thread on here to re-buy the original Westworld on DVD with Yul Brynner ( it's only £3 in Sainsbury's) very prescient film that one and is currently about no. 34 in the DVD charts. As the OP suggests why are such films good as they are) being re-released into the public psyche. In this film the robot can be your biggest fear ( Psycho Cowboy) or maybe greatest pleasure (Saloon Bar Whore)...
Did the cut out the robot sex scene from the DVD, cos if they did!!!! Grrrrrr

It's a great film. I want it on Blue Ray if poss.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #9
cosmic tramp

There's a new book out on all this which everyone's currently raving about by Martin Ford called The Rise of The Robots ( Technology and the threat of mass unemployment) (Oneworld Press £9.99).

Thorough book review of it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/bo...adow-work.html

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 27-10-2016 at 11:40 AM.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 11:41 AM   #10
paddy_blake

WARNING: SPOILERS

You can't get more illuminati than JJ Abrams. Notice his production company is called "Bad Robot".

I have been fascinated by the new series re-imagining of Westworld. I can't help but find very similar parallels between Lost and Westworld. Characters begin questioning the world around them, which seems to be controlled by external or dark forces. They are being 'monitored' or watched, abducted, experimented on, brainwashed and so on. They are like victims of MK Ultra.

We are obviously meant to sympathize with the robots, not necessarily because of a transhumanist agenda, but perhaps because we meant to identify ourselves as the robots, as helpless victims of dark external forces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Robot_Productions

Last edited by paddy_blake; 27-10-2016 at 11:44 AM.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #11
gymgenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
There's a new book out on all this which everyone's currently raving about by Martin Ford called The Rise of The Robots ( Technology and the threat of mass unemployment) (Oneworld Press £9.99).

Thorough book review of it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/bo...adow-work.html
You don't have to spend a tenner to know that the future job market is looking extremely grim.

It's estimated that over 50% of all job in the US will be done by robots - with driving jobs (especially truck driver's jobs) being particularly hard hit.

I believe that if your job can be done either cheaper by someone offshore, or by a robot (or computer system) you can kiss it goodbye within a single digit number of years.
Old 27-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #12
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymgenius View Post
You don't have to spend a tenner to know that the future job market is looking extremely grim.

It's estimated that over 50% of all job in the US will be done by robots - with driving jobs (especially truck driver's jobs) being particularly hard hit.

I believe that if your job can be done either cheaper by someone offshore, or by a robot (or computer system) you can kiss it goodbye within a single digit number of years.

This is the thing I have trouble with. It is true that they plan on having their dumb robots take over jobs and society. To a large extent their stupid tech has already done this. People are dependent on their dumb tech, and addicted to phones, gaming, other fancy gadgets.

But here's the thing, what the hell are they going to do with us? If we don't have jobs, can't afford stuff, then what? Would they just kill people? They can't use them as slaves, because their robots would probably do the job better.

What on earth happens to humans once their robots are running wild?
Old 27-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #13
Cryptoverse

I have detected an agenda to predictively program people to fear AI. Perhaps a US military agenda. Much like ETs. Yes, there are probably parallel conditioning programs to get people used to it, but at the same time there are major fearmongering campaigns.
Omnisense Electronic Press Kit

Last edited by Cryptoverse; 27-10-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Cryptoverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #14
gymgenius

Quote:
what the hell are they going to do with us? If we don't have jobs, can't afford stuff, then what? Would they just kill people? They can't use them as slaves, because their robots would probably do the job better.

What on earth happens to humans once their robots are running wild?
I envisage a Hunger Games type of world, perhaps absent the fight to the death - but I do fear the masses reduced to near peasantry, struggling to survive on Basic Income.
Old 27-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #15
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnisense View Post
I have detected an agenda to predictively program people to fear AI. Perhaps a US military agenda. Much like ETs. Yes, there are probably parallel conditioning programs to get people used to it, but at the same time there are major fearmongering campaigns.
I fear the usage of AI to control us, as it is doing already. I have no empathy or feeling for technology. It's just a thing that should be used within limits. Smart meters, houses, cars, phones....I don't want any of those!
Old 27-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #16
paddy_blake

The same scenario is shown in movies such as Cloud Atlas, or THX 1138 where humans (or clones) programmed to serve or act as workers for the elites. It's classic Brave New World dystopianism.

Whether those movies are warnings or predictive programming, is up to you to judge.

Aldous Huxley's Brave New World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek5vse2_Aq0

Last edited by paddy_blake; 27-10-2016 at 12:16 PM.
paddy_blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #17
techman

Robots go wrong, don't they?. So what happens then?. 100% dependency on AI or robotic systems rather than more reliable humans isn't going to happen. Technology breaks, has its limits and can be flawed.

Why do people often reference the possible future world from films like The Hunger Games?. People only mention that film because Icke constantly talks about it. I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard of it from mainstream (non conspiracy) publications and sites, I get the feeling the story and themes arent about a NWO police state society. If David thinks that's what the film is about then that's fine, but people seem to be jumping on the "Icke says it's about xyz, so that's what it's about" band wagon.

Last edited by techman; 27-10-2016 at 02:20 PM.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 04:34 PM   #18
yin_yang

Transhumanist propaganda. To get humans to 'feel' for machines and accept their own slavery.
To seek freedom is the only driving force i know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle"--Don Juan
yin_yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #19
jake_ball

They seem to want us to believe that AI is real. In other words, they want us to believe that a machine can truly think, and that it has a right to be.

Once we start to believe. then we are in deep shit.
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote