Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 25-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #1
baboshka1
Inactive

Default Driven to fury by DWP’s attitude to the deaths it has caused

Intresting read.
Quote:
Driven to fury by DWP’s attitude to the deaths it has caused.

A commenter on the blog sent me a link to Jack Monroe’s Facebook page today. I’m probably as familiar with Jack as you are, but no more so – perhaps mainstream success gives that person more validity in some way than mine in the social media. But Phil’s “Have you seen this?” intrigued me.

The link was to a post following up on an Observer article published over the weekend, and read as follows:

“I would like to publicly apologise to the Department of Work And Pensions for an inaccurate statistic in my Observer article yesterday on the grim reality of the welfare system in what was once ‘Great’ Britain.

“In my article I stated that 2,400 people had died shortly after their Employment Support Allowance had been severed, having been (clearly wrongly) judged as Fit To Work.

“The DWP informs me that the correct figure is in fact 2,380.

“As they are so keen on accuracy, and transparency, I thought I should provide the rest of the stats.

“Between December 2011 and February 2014, 50,850 people who were claiming ESA, died.

“Of these, 7,200 had been judged as ‘able to return to work in the future’ and placed in the ‘work group’ category of ESA to undergo regular gruelling testing in order to continue to claim the pithy pittances they needed in order to stay alive. (For avoidance of doubt, humans do generally need food and shelter to survive.) Spoiler alert- THEY DIED.

“On top of these, 2,380 people who had been stripped of financial support and judged fit to work, subsequently DIED.

“Seeing the DWP are so very keen on accuracy that they send bollocking letters to my editor, I expect they will be now opening the case files of the 9,580 people in a 2 year period who DIED having been judged as ‘fit to work’ or ‘fit to work in the future’. God forbid I make 20 mistakes in the face of your 9,580.”

You can read the Observer article here. The relevant passage states: “Comply or starve. Comply and die, such were the cases, over a two-year period, of 2,400 people who died after their claim for employment and support allowance ended because they were declared ‘fit to work’ by DWP. I wrote in 2013 that my three-year-old could pass an Atos assessment. It doesn’t mean I should have sent him to stack shelves in a supermarket.”
http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/1...it-has-caused/
baboshka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #2
gymgenius

Jack is awesome.

Kate Belgrave also writes extensively about this stuff.

And not forgetting the brilliant Johhny Void.
gymgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 08:50 AM   #3
kizzie
Registered Users

Great article

I am on a few FB groups for people to get support while undergoing their ESA and PIP assessments.

The lies they write in the reports. They meet you all friendly and caring and tell a pack of lies and fuck you right up.

Ive noticed most have had mobility stopped or cut right down and 1000s and 1000s have had to give their car back.

Still people say "well at least the cheats are being caught"
Old 26-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
techman

Calling someone a cheat is wrong IMO. However, you do have to admit that there are people who use the system and take advantage of it, no doubt about it, but I think the term abusing it is wrong. Most people take advantage of any system when they have the opportunity to do do (who wouldn't?), but I think the system has allowed it to happen; it's part of the control system IMO, keeping us chasing our tails and trying to survive, etc.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote