Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 26-10-2016, 11:25 PM   #1
blackyblue

Default Dartford Crossing Scam

Anyone else been hit by the Dartford crossing scam?

You are driving along the M25, you are not from London, you are in four lanes of highly congested traffic and then suddenly you see a "C" marked on the road in front of you and while you are wondering what the "C" stands for suddenly you get flashed by bright lights so slam on the breaks thinking you must have went through a speed camera, and then a week later after forgetting all about it you get to your home on the otherside of the country to find a letter that tells you that you have until midnight 5 days ago in order to pay the Dartford crossing charge or face a £70 fine.

Mind boggles at how much they are making at £3 per car.
4 lanes, that must be £12 every split second.

Since when in the highway code did "C" mean charge? and should the "C" not be "before" you reach the point of no return on a four lane motorway???

Con!

There is no defence against an evil which only the victims and the perpetrators know exists.
blackyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 11:38 PM   #2
decim

Everybody's got to pay and pay.

It's shylock's way.

You're one microscopic cog
In his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed
By his red right hand. ; Nick Cave.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.

Last edited by decim; 26-10-2016 at 11:55 PM.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 03:23 AM   #3
serpentine

Wasn't the cost of the Dartford crossing paid for years ago?
Not been that way in decades and I've no intention of catching a HST down to London and jetting out via the third runway at Heathrow either.

Last edited by serpentine; 27-10-2016 at 03:23 AM.
serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
kizzie
Registered Users

Not been that way for a few years now.. used to be you just threw a £1 in the buckets and the barrier lifted. or you went to a manned booth if you needed change.
Old 27-10-2016, 08:24 AM   #5
gymgenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackyblue View Post
Anyone else been hit by the Dartford crossing scam?

You are driving along the M25, you are not from London, you are in four lanes of highly congested traffic and then suddenly you see a "C" marked on the road in front of you and while you are wondering what the "C" stands for suddenly you get flashed by bright lights so slam on the breaks thinking you must have went through a speed camera, and then a week later after forgetting all about it you get to your home on the otherside of the country to find a letter that tells you that you have until midnight 5 days ago in order to pay the Dartford crossing charge or face a £70 fine.

Mind boggles at how much they are making at £3 per car.
4 lanes, that must be £12 every split second.

Since when in the highway code did "C" mean charge? and should the "C" not be "before" you reach the point of no return on a four lane motorway???

Con!
So, did you actually use the crossing?
Because if you didn't, in my simplistic logical mind, you have a boney fidey way of not having to pay.
gymgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #6
kizzie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymgenius View Post
Because if you didn't, in my simplistic logical mind, you have a boney fidey way of not having to pay.
Im sure you would have to as you cannot turn around and come back.. unless they changed that as well.
Old 27-10-2016, 12:09 PM   #7
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
Wasn't the cost of the Dartford crossing paid for years ago?
Not been that way in decades and I've no intention of catching a HST down to London and jetting out via the third runway at Heathrow either.
YES, the bridge has been paid for, in fact you could have built 5 other bridges.
The reason you are paying is simple, not for the bridge but the people who send out the bills, they need paying, plus the investors too.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #8
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymgenius View Post
I would argue, where is the contract?

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he doesn't exist." we live in satan world.
Old 27-10-2016, 12:28 PM   #9
the mighty zhiba
Inactive

i did hear that they did away with the pay booths and opted for a camera system, but haven't been across it in many a year.

I'm sure that there are signs before the crossing informing you of a toll charge? There always was, so you can come off the motorwway at the junction prior...

i know that the M6 toll road is signed well in advance.

Either way, if there is, a charge to use a crossing on one of the the busiest motorways in Europe is pants, then they fine you for not paying soon enough?

Cunts is all they are - forever eliciting stealth taxes, simply to impliment the importance of their monetary system and the value of their fake paper is pure soidification of their oppresive dictatorship.

It is all very fucked up.

For anyone to say 'this is what you must do,' and to simply create laws with a penalty for none compliance is so utterly wrong.

Who owns the Dartford crossing anyway? Is it a private company? Are you a company employee or subject to their terms and conditions?

If it is a matter of the Road Traffic Act, i wonder under which part the legislative implimentation of funds and / or fines is covered?

OC, the get out clause is that you used the service provided and therefore you are required to pay...

Last edited by the mighty zhiba; 27-10-2016 at 01:40 PM.
the mighty zhiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #10
decim

Toll bridges are an ancient Norman money spinner.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 10:32 PM   #11
375hh

Thumbs down toll

we have toll roads in Brisbane Australia like that ,not so blatant thought,like me a lot of people refuse to travel on them so they make the signage rather confusing so as to get more that way.There is one consolation, the main toll company went into receivership.
375hh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 10:42 PM   #12
gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mighty zhiba View Post
i did hear that they did away with the pay booths and opted for a camera system, but haven't been across it in many a year.

I'm sure that there are signs before the crossing informing you of a toll charge? There always was, so you can come off the motorwway at the junction prior...

i know that the M6 toll road is signed well in advance.

Either way, if there is, a charge to use a crossing on one of the the busiest motorways in Europe is pants, then they fine you for not paying soon enough?

Cunts is all they are - forever eliciting stealth taxes, simply to impliment the importance of their monetary system and the value of their fake paper is pure soidification of their oppresive dictatorship.

It is all very fucked up.

For anyone to say 'this is what you must do,' and to simply create laws with a penalty for none compliance is so utterly wrong.

Who owns the Dartford crossing anyway? Is it a private company? Are you a company employee or subject to their terms and conditions?

If it is a matter of the Road Traffic Act, i wonder under which part the legislative implimentation of funds and / or fines is covered?

OC, the get out clause is that you used the service provided and therefore you are required to pay...
re·quired (r?-kw?rd?)
adj.

2. Obligatory

It falls down again to the freeman. Obligatory!!!???

But we all know they have won.

Old 28-10-2016, 12:10 AM   #13
sidlittle

Bane of my life . Kent into Essex from junction 3 . Window open, music up , feet on the dash board and shut your eyes for an hour. Must be the worst bit of motorway in the country and you pay for it.

And yes , originally the charge was only to cover the cost of construction.

Last edited by sidlittle; 28-10-2016 at 12:14 AM.
sidlittle is offline   Reply With Quote