Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Entertainment Industry

Old 27-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #41
lifeandoneness
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthyself1 View Post
Yes but surely you can see the fashion industry it designed to leave people feeling inadequate until they buy the next thing. It's an endless cycle.

CONSUME, is the name of this game.
well, i agree with you there. i guess the trick is not to get caught up in all the hype on what's hip.
lifeandoneness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #42
whatistruth
Banned

Fashion is the ultimate shell game, new stuff comes out 4 times a year, it's the same shit that came out around that time last year but these morons don't want to be seen dead wearing the same thing twice.

It's insane. And inane.
whatistruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
tomereader
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatistruth View Post
Fashion is the ultimate shell game, new stuff comes out 4 times a year, it's the same shit that came out around that time last year but these morons don't want to be seen dead wearing the same thing twice.

It's insane. And inane.
It's neophilia/paleophobia.

And you find it in a lot more than just "fashion"...
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #44
nofuture
Premier Subscribers

Oscar nails it as usual......

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

Frankie Boyle
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #45
poshfangaz

Well its like Dave says innit, people worry to much about what others think. So we dress like everyone else.
So i guess the question could be, if you could wear anything you wanted to on your way to work or whereever, what would it be?

I would probably go a bit punk and write stuff on my clothes, "Fuck the NWO" and stuff like that.
poshfangaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #46
nofuture
Premier Subscribers

It's weird that there's so many attention seekers out there, yet so few eccentric or individual dressers.

Frankie Boyle
nofuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #47
kiwimaj
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppewar View Post
I haven't bought ANY clothes for over 10 years and never will again.

I have enough socks, undies, T shirts, jumpers, etc to last me for about 50 years.

I don't give a shit that they are gradually getting tattier.

In my own house I'd be quite happy to pop my head through a bin bag and walk round in that, or even wear nothing if it is warm enough.
Yup, me too! I still have stuff from at least 10 years ago, still good to wear!

If more people took to darning & sewing, instead of throwing and buying new, they would find great satisfaction AND save money to boot!

If anyone really does need new stuff there is loads given away on freecycle, or head down to your local jumble sale, fill up a bin bag for £1

kiwimaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #48
noncooperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishonwheels View Post

Anyone else have a deep and irrational hatred of these? They'v done nothing to me but I really, truly despise them.
Actually i think you will find these started out as practical winter footwear - for INDOORS - in countries with cold winters - the idea was hijacked by the high street!

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #49
poshfangaz

I've started buying my clothes from charity shops, its amazing what you can get for practically nothing.
poshfangaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #50
andy1033

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshfangaz View Post
I've started buying my clothes from charity shops, its amazing what you can get for practically nothing.
i agree, but make sure you wash them well.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #51
fishonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
Actually i think you will find these started out as practical winter footwear - for INDOORS - in countries with cold winters - the idea was hijacked by the high street!
Uggs

Quote:
Generally worn for warmth and comfort, Australian ugg boots had never been considered fashionable in their country of origin.[25] But the Deckers UGG brand emerged as a fashion trend in the US through Deckers' actions to promote it as a high fashion brand. Deckers solicited endorsements from celebrities such as Kate Hudson, Sarah Jessica Parker,[27][33] Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lopez,[34] and product placements in television series such as Sex and the City, and films such as Raising Helen.[25][35] This marketing campaign "led to an exponential growth in the brand's popularity and recognizability."[36] Oprah Winfrey received a free pair when her endorsement was sought by Deckers; she then bought 350 pairs for her entire production staff, and eventually featured UGG brand boots as one of her "Favorite Things" on her TV talk show in 2000.[37] Other actresses who discovered UGG brand boots through surf shops began wearing them.[30] The company reported US$689 million in UGG sales in 2008,[38] almost a 50-fold increase from 1995;[39] By 2012, worldwide sales of Deckers UGG boots were over US$630 million a year, with 95% of world market share. By way of contrast, ugg boots in Australia were worn predominantly as slippers and associated with "daggy fashion sense, bogan behaviour" and the "outer suburbs" when worn in public.[40][41][42][43][44] According to Australian fashion stylist Justin Craig: "The only people who get away with wearing them are models, who give out the message: 'I'm so beautiful, I can look good in any crap.'"[27]
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #52
annajn
Banned

I like to wear skin tight jeans and tops. Uggs, pumps and knee high boots also works. This is mostly what you can get in the shops today and you can get in quite cheap. I don't follow trends really, I never buy fashion magasines.
annajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #53
annajn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpenterrific View Post
It's for women.

They like to dress up and look nice.

Nice, being relative, differs from year to year (for these people).

If there weren't trends in fashion there would be less choice in clothing for women and it would be a less interesting world.

Men however should stick to suits, jeans and shirts. Real men that is
You're right, fashion is mostly for women but I have seen some really crazy male fashion as well such as pink shirts that is considered fashion in sweden. I have even seen men wearing pink shirts here.

Shirt and jeans is trendy for men here.

I think we should just dress like we did in the ancient world. Men wear togas and women where white dresses. I would love running around in a white dress everyday.
Old 27-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #54
annajn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1033 View Post
i agree, but make sure you wash them well.
Indeed.

Quote:
Eww, men should not wear uggs.
Old 27-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #55
retype
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steppewar View Post
I haven't bought ANY clothes for over 10 years and never will again.

I have enough socks, undies, T shirts, jumpers, etc to last me for about 50 years.

I don't give a shit that they are gradually getting tattier.

In my own house I'd be quite happy to pop my head through a bin bag and walk round in that, or even wear nothing if it is warm enough.
I think you're lying about the socks unless you've given up finding pairs and wear odd socks everyday
retype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #56
fishonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by annajn View Post
You're right, fashion is mostly for women but I have seen some really crazy male fashion as well such as pink shirts that is considered fashion in sweden. I have even seen men wearing pink shirts here.
They did that in Taiwan circa 2007. Pink shirts for men and green tops for women. J-pop is out to ruin all men's credibility.

Quote:

I think we should just dress like we did in the ancient world. Men wear togas and women where white dresses. I would love running around in a white dress everyday.
Good idea. I'll have to buy some.
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #57
annajn
Banned

Quote:
They did that in Taiwan circa 2007. Pink shirts for men and green tops for women. J-pop is out to ruin all men's credibility.
Yeah, it's probably everywhere. I don't think men should wear pink but if they feel comforble in it, then why not.
Old 27-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #58
salutations
Inactive

Fashion.. art.. is made shit.. so that when you see real beauty, that is mainly placed in adverts, it makes you obey.
salutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #59
cont

Quote:
What happened to the days when a fashionable man simply unbuttoned his shirt to the waist and wore a gold medallion?
One who questions, and people should question everything, including what I say, is questioning in pursuit of the truth. A skeptic, their foundation from the start is that anything outside their pea-sized norm is not true. So their skepticism is not questioning if something is true it's setting out from the start to try to convince people it's not. - David Icke Videocast 11 March 2016
cont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #60
marlowe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by annajn View Post
Jeans! You don't say.
marlowe is offline   Reply With Quote