Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Consciousness / Meditation / Spirituality

Old 16-12-2010, 11:33 AM   #21
harry_88

Default Tamasic

The reason garlic is so toxic, the sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates the blood brain barrier, just like DMSO, and is a specific poison for higher life forms and brain cells. We discovered this much to our horror, when I was the world's largest manufacturer of ethical EEG biofeedback equipment. We'd have people come back from lunch that looked clinically dead on the encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. "Well, what happened?" " Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!"

Garlic is toxic to humans because its sulphone hydroxyl ions penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are poisonous to brain cells.(1) For precisely the same reason the garlic family of plants has been widely recognized as being harmful to dogs.
As far back as the 1950s it was known that garlic reduced reaction time by two to three times when consumed by pilots taking flight tests. This is because the toxic effects of garlic desynchronizes brain waves.

The Taoists realized thousands of years ago that plants of the alliaceous family were detrimental to humans. They labelled this group of plants ­ onions, garlic, leeks, chives and spring onions ­ the 'five spicy-scented plants.' They noticed that onions are harmful to the lungs, garlic to the heart, leeks to the spleen, chives to the liver and spring onions to the kidneys. Hindus also avoid this group, which they have called the 'five pungent plants.' As well as producing offensive breath and body odour, these plants induce aggravation, agitation, anxiety and aggression. Thus they are harmful physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

http://www.rense.com/general76/Dpi.htm

Yoga: Proper Diet

Yoga is so much more than a workout. Yoga is about toning and stretching exercises that are great for the entire body; it is about pranayama breathing techniques; meditation; and correct diet for the body. In fact yogic diet is one of the five main principles of yoga. Eating healthy and according to the principles of yoga, will make you feel healthy and clean, and look after your complete well being. Sages believed in a philosophy, which is that energy has three basic qualities –

* Guna – this energy maintains equilibrium
* Sattva means purity; Rajas means passion
* Tamas means darkness

Food and diet can be categorized into three groups:

Sattvic Food: The following are the characteristics of Sattvic diet.

* It is the purest form of food.
* This is the best food for yoga practitioners.
* It brings peace to the mind and is nourishing for the body.
* Sattvic food is great for overall fitness and for a balanced energy flow.
* Sattvic food includes cereals, honey, herbs, sprouts, seeds, nuts, legumes, butter, milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh juices, and whole meal bread.

Rajasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Rajasic diet.

* This food is salty, dry, sour, hot and bitter.
* It is not good for the mind-body balance.
* It tends to excite and over-stimulate the body, and makes the mind restless.
* Rajasic food includes chocolate, salt, eggs, fish, tea and coffee, sharp spices.

Tamasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Tamasic diet.

* This food is not good for the body or the mind.
* It brings in a sense of inertia, clouds the power of reasoning, and sucks out the energy.
* It destroys the body’s resistance to diseases.
* It also invokes feelings of anger, jealousy and greed in people.
* Overeating is a Tamasic behavior.
* Tamastic food includes meat, alcohol, tobacco, onions, garlic, fermented foods and over ripe foods.

http://www.yogawiz.com/blog/health-tips/yoga-diet.html

http://www.sanatansociety.org/ayurve...hree_gunas.htm
harry_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #22
armoured_amazon

I'm not buying it, sorry.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #23
truthseeker1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_88 View Post
The reason garlic is so toxic, the sulphone hydroxyl ion penetrates the blood brain barrier, just like DMSO, and is a specific poison for higher life forms and brain cells. We discovered this much to our horror, when I was the world's largest manufacturer of ethical EEG biofeedback equipment. We'd have people come back from lunch that looked clinically dead on the encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. "Well, what happened?" " Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!"

Garlic is toxic to humans because its sulphone hydroxyl ions penetrate the blood-brain barrier and are poisonous to brain cells.(1) For precisely the same reason the garlic family of plants has been widely recognized as being harmful to dogs.
As far back as the 1950s it was known that garlic reduced reaction time by two to three times when consumed by pilots taking flight tests. This is because the toxic effects of garlic desynchronizes brain waves.

The Taoists realized thousands of years ago that plants of the alliaceous family were detrimental to humans. They labelled this group of plants ­ onions, garlic, leeks, chives and spring onions ­ the 'five spicy-scented plants.' They noticed that onions are harmful to the lungs, garlic to the heart, leeks to the spleen, chives to the liver and spring onions to the kidneys. Hindus also avoid this group, which they have called the 'five pungent plants.' As well as producing offensive breath and body odour, these plants induce aggravation, agitation, anxiety and aggression. Thus they are harmful physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

* Sattvic food includes cereals, honey, herbs, sprouts, seeds, nuts, legumes, butter, milk, fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh juices, and whole meal bread.
I dont know one Hindu who avoids garlic or onions. Not one.

I dont buy it either.

Also where is this information you pasted coming from? There are a few flaws.

Bread be it wholemeal or white is not a pure food, it is processed, even when you make your own (which i do)

Milk and cheese is not pure and the human body should not ingest any milk other than it's mothers.
IMO milk is worse than garlic and to be honest i think this garlic/onion thing is disinfo. How can garlic and onions (untouched or modified by humans) not be pure but processed foods such as bread, milk and cheese be pure?

Absolute garbage!!!!

Last edited by truthseeker1980; 16-12-2010 at 12:02 PM.
truthseeker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #24
tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
I'm not buying it, sorry.
Neither I.
Garlic are the king of the garden. Garlic is an high detoxicant. I love my garlic with mushrooms and olive oil, mmmiiiaammm!!
tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #25
hobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
He said that garlic, onions, and other things from that family are forbidden in temples and ashrams in the East because of their affects on the spiritual senses.

The reason why onions and garlic in general are not allowed in ashrams and monasteries, is because they act as aphrodisiacs. It has nothing to do with psychic abilities.

Apart from that,is garlic one of the best natural antibiotics and vermicides you can get.
If I have to stay off onions and garlic I might as well just roll over and die, as the correct dietary lifestyle is getting ridiculous now:

According to the vegans; meat, fish, fowl, eggs and milk-products are bad for you.

According to loads of dieticians:
Sugar is bad for you, cereals are bad for you, soy is bad for you,
vegetables from the nightshade family are bad for you (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants,peppers,chillies etc), fruit in large amounts are bad for you ( if you suffer from candida infection you are only allowed to eat 1 fruit pr. day), bananas are bad for you( according to Edgar Cayce), citrus-fruits can trigger allergies,canned or preserved food is bad for you (goodbye olives), cooked food is bad for you because the enzymes are destroyed, raw food is bad for you because of microbes and so on.

Alkohol, cigarettes and coffee are bad for you.
Tap-water and bottled water is bad for you.

even breathing is bad for you:
2 hours of walk in a city is just as unhealthy as being exposed to radioactivity.

So let´s all just have a big hearty feast with our spiritually correct seaweed n´celery salads, and make merry...........
hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #26
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornado View Post
Neither I.
Garlic are the king of the garden. Garlic is an high detoxicant. I love my garlic with mushrooms and olive oil, mmmiiiaammm!!
Mmmmmmmmmmmm stop it, you're making me hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
Apart from that,is garlic one of the best natural antibiotics and vermicides you can get.
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo View Post
If I have to stay off onions and garlic I might as well just roll over and die, as the correct dietary lifestyle is getting ridiculous now...So let´s all just have a big hearty feast with our spiritually correct seaweed n´celery salads, and make merry...........
Hahaha
Old 16-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #27
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_88 View Post

Yoga: Proper Diet

Yoga is so much more than a workout. Yoga is about toning and stretching exercises that are great for the entire body; it is about pranayama breathing techniques; meditation; and correct diet for the body. In fact yogic diet is one of the five main principles of yoga. Eating healthy and according to the principles of yoga, will make you feel healthy and clean, and look after your complete well being. Sages believed in a philosophy, which is that energy has three basic qualities –

* Guna – this energy maintains equilibrium
* Sattva means purity; Rajas means passion
* Tamas means darkness

Food and diet can be categorized into three groups:

Rajasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Rajasic diet.

* This food is salty, dry, sour, hot and bitter.
* It is not good for the mind-body balance.
* It tends to excite and over-stimulate the body, and makes the mind restless.
* Rajasic food includes chocolate, salt, eggs, fish, tea and coffee, sharp spices.

Tamasic Food: The following are the characteristics of Tamasic diet.

* This food is not good for the body or the mind.
* It brings in a sense of inertia, clouds the power of reasoning, and sucks out the energy.
* It destroys the body’s resistance to diseases.
* It also invokes feelings of anger, jealousy and greed in people.
* Overeating is a Tamasic behavior.
* Tamastic food includes meat, alcohol, tobacco, onions, garlic, fermented foods and over ripe foods.

http://www.yogawiz.com/blog/health-tips/yoga-diet.html

http://www.sanatansociety.org/ayurve...hree_gunas.htm
There may be something in this.....

It's not a new idea, I read something about this in Chaucer's Canterbury tales, there's one randy character in that who is a hot tempestuous character because he eats lots of onions. I remember it from school.

Also when I lived in Japan I drank no beer, drank no tea and very little meat and ate mostly raw fish and rice, sometimes noodles or tempura.

Achieved a supernatural level of meditation and inner awareness, haven't since managed to get back to this level and always wondered why......

I will take this advice on board..... well, I'll give it a try.
truthspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 03:02 PM   #28
truthspoon
Banned

The Summoner, from the Canterbury Tales written in the year 1390 ish...

(modern translation)

Quote:
There was a Summoner with us in that place,
That had a fiery-red cherubic face,
With pimples, and his eyes were small and narrow;
As hot he was and lecherous as a sparrow;
Black scabby brows he had, and scraggly beard;
His was a face that all the children feared.
No brimstone, borax, mercury, ceruse,
White lead, or cream of tartar was of use,
Or any ointment that would cleanse or bite,
To rid him of his little pimples white,
Or of the knobs that sat upon his cheeks.
Garlic he loved, and onions, too, and leeks,
And wine as red as blood and wondrous strong.
Then like a madman would he shout ere long,
And when the wine within him held its sway,

Then not a word but Latin would he say.
He had some phrases, only two or three,
Such things as he had learned from some decree -
No wonder, for he heard it all the day;
Besides, ye know full well how any jay
Can cry his "Wat!" as well as the Pope can.
But in some other matter probe the man,
Then he had spent all his philosophy:
And "Questio quid juris" would he cry!
He was a decent rascal and a kind;
A better fellow nowhere could ye find.
Let any man give him a quart of wine,
He might a twelve month have a concubine
Unscathed. But let him catch some fool in sin
And he would slyly fleece him to the skin.
And if he made a comrade anywhere,
Then would he teach him not to have a care
In such a case for the archdeacon`s curse -
Unless, indeed, his soul were in his purse,
For in his purse his punishment should be.
"Your purse - that`s the archdeacon`s hell!" said he.
But here I hold it was a lie he said;
Let guilty men of curses be in dread -
They slay the soul as absolutions save it;
Also he should beware a significavit.
All the young people in the diocese
The man could frighten or could leave at peace,
Their secrets knew, and was their counsellor,
A monstrous garland on his head he wore,
That might have hung upon an alehouse stake.
He had made himself a buckler of a cake.

Last edited by truthspoon; 16-12-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 16-12-2010, 04:00 PM   #29
biblegirl

I knew this would be upsetting to consider after all we've been told about garlic (it's painful for me I assure you!). It really has nothing to do with whether you like the taste of garlic or whether it has kept you from getting colds and flus etc. It has to do with whether or not it disconnects the hemispheres of your brain to slow your reaction time, whether it kills bacteria in your body without distinguishing good from bad, whether bugs won't touch it and plants won't grow well around it, and whether it hinders spiritual abilities.

Here is another twist on the garlic/evil spirits scenario. What if a person was spiritually sensitive to beings in the other dimensions, was bothered by an evil spirit or two, and when they wore garlic the evil spirits "went away". What if the evil spirits did not go away, but according to the person's perception they were gone because they were no longer spiritually sensitive to their presence. Kind of like anti-depressants and psychotic drugs prescribed to people who are bothered by spiritual things. Do these drugs REALLY make the voices and spirits go AWAY? Or do they ruin your ability to perceive them, thus helping you to become "sane"???
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #30
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:

Here is another twist on the garlic/evil spirits scenario. What if a person was spiritually sensitive to beings in the other dimensions, was bothered by an evil spirit or two, and when they wore garlic the evil spirits "went away". What if the evil spirits did not go away, but according to the person's perception they were gone because they were no longer spiritually sensitive to their presence. Kind of like anti-depressants and psychotic drugs prescribed to people who are bothered by spiritual things. Do these drugs REALLY make the voices and spirits go AWAY? Or do they ruin your ability to perceive them, thus helping you to become "sane"???
Hmmmmmmm good thinking... the recent drought of interesting posts seems to have come to an end.....
Old 16-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #31
truthseeker1980

Quote:
I knew this would be upsetting to consider after all we've been told about garlic (it's painful for me I assure you!). It really has nothing to do with whether you like the taste of garlic or whether it has kept you from getting colds and flus etc. It has to do with whether or not it disconnects the hemispheres of your brain to slow your reaction time, whether it kills bacteria in your body without distinguishing good from bad, whether bugs won't touch it and plants won't grow well around it, and whether it hinders spiritual abilities.

Im still not buying it.

Can we find these ECG scans to verify these massive claims?

Until I see these ECG brain scans, with and without garlic, I will believe it's disinfo.

Last edited by truthseeker1980; 16-12-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 16-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #32
maverick angel

Yogi Bhajan of kundalini yoga fame called onions garlic and Ginger the holy trinity for health.
maverick angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #33
armoured_amazon

Quote:

Not upsetting, I just don't agree. My psychic ability is not hampered in any way. Or if it is, like I said, I'd be an ascended being if I quit the garlic, or at the very least wouldn't be able to function in a 5-sense world.
Old 16-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #34
truthseeker1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoured_amazon View Post
Not upsetting, I just don't agree. My psychic ability is not hampered in any way. Or if it is, like I said, I'd be an ascended being if I quit the garlic, or at the very least wouldn't be able to function in a 5-sense world.
Yeh and come to think of it, I think it's the exact opposite.

I've just remembered earlier in the year I had made some home made bread, as I always do and then made a batch of olive all with garlic and chilies in, to pour over the bread and make it garlic bread.
I ate the bread with my girlfriend as you do...lol

That night i had a very vivid dream about my ex girlfriend winning a competition of some sort, woke up thinking that's odd I haven't dreamt about her for a year and not thought or seen her for just as long.

As I was driving to work, she was on the radio, doing the Kiss FM game, she didn't win but still i had a psychic dream about her after probably overdosing on garlic. I remember I had eaten a lot of garlic as i burped as I heard her voice and could smell and taste the garlic.

Armoured Amazon, what's your intuition tell you about this claim? As if you are attuned your intuition should be spot on.

Mine is telling me DISINFO!!!!
Old 16-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #35
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker1980 View Post

It's not quite that simple, this idea has been around a long long time....

Not disinfo, perhaps just a difference of opinion.

sattvic diet

Old 16-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #36
biblegirl

Haha that's an interesting story truthseeker. This is what I'm mostly interested in, first hand experiences in whether garlic might have prevented spiritual things or not. Sometimes on nights that I am "scheduled" to astral project (it's consistent every month for me lol and I have no control over it) I get a little dismayed if I ate too much that night or took drug painkillers for a migraine, because I worry that I have killed my ability to AP for the night. Still like clockwork, it happens, and never ceases to amaze me. I have read that you should not be too full from food if you want to try to AP, but it still happens for me no matter what so I don't know ??
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #37
truthseeker1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss pirate View Post
It's not quite that simple, this idea has been around a long long time....

Not disinfo, perhaps just a difference of opinion.

sattvic diet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sattvic_diet
yeh but that sattvic diet encourages processed foods.

Bread
Milk
Cheese

But a natural vegetable such as garlic or onions no?
Old 16-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #38
water versus ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick angel View Post
Yogi Bhajan of kundalini yoga fame called onions garlic and Ginger the holy trinity for health.
People around me always say onion and especially garlic are good for your imunitary system and make you strong, ussualy the old ones and i must say that people that live in a country side they tend to eat more garlic and they sure seem more healtyer than city people, maybe its just what i noticed but they dnt catch so many deases as others , again just my opinion
water versus ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #39
armoured_amazon

Quote:
Armoured Amazon, what's your intuition tell you about this claim? As if you are attuned your intuition should be spot on.

LOL mine's telling me to rush to the kitchen and peel some cloves. I quite fancy garlic marinade - I love popping a clove into my mouth after it's been marinaded in chillies and olive oil om nom nom.

I also think the fact Codex Alimentarius want to set restrictions on garlic should tell us something about their reticence for us to have free access to it.

Mmmm this is why I save my jars: http://www.abercrombieandfeast.com/?p=691

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 16-12-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 16-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #40
truthspoon
Banned

Quote:
yeh but that sattvic diet encourages processed foods.

Bread
Milk
Cheese

But a natural vegetable such as garlic or onions no?
Deadly nightshade is a natural vegetable too. Still has an effect on your health.

You're missing the point. Most cheese isn't particularly processed either. We're not talking cheese spread here, or cheese flavoured crisps.. Milk too. It's not a particularly 'processed' food stuff.