Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 10-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #1
surfsteve

Default Carnivore Diet – SHOULD YOU TRY IT?

I haven't thought about a carnivore diet but I confess I have thought about limiting the number of vegetables I consume. I personally felt Jordan Peterson was onto something when he decided to try a meat and greens diet but then I've sort of been on that diet myself for the past few years with a certain amount of cheating.

I thought this video below hit the nail on the head. In his interview with Joe Rogan he'd only been on it for a couple of weeks. I wonder how he's doing on it now and what the future will bring. Basically it says there is too little information on it to come to any conclusions. Thought that's kind of obvious and doesn't say much though I totally agree. Who couldn't. 2 weeks is not enough time to conclude much else...

Jordan Peterson’s Carnivore Diet – SHOULD YOU TRY IT?

Old 10-10-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
surfsteve

Correction. He said he'd been on the diet 2 months. Not 2 weeks.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
the tealady
Forum Advisor

I saw that interview. And the one afterwards with Dr. Rhonda ????. I personally wouldn't do it as I feel I need the minerals and vitamins from plant food BUT each person has a different genetic makeup and I am even more of the belief that we need to tailor our eating to our own specific needs.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:48 AM   #4
decim

Very expensive to do in the former uk if you don't like offal.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #5
size_of_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsteve View Post
I haven't thought about a carnivore diet but I confess I have thought about limiting the number of vegetables I consume. I personally felt Jordan Peterson was onto something when he decided to try a meat and greens diet but then I've sort of been on that diet myself for the past few years with a certain amount of cheating.

I thought this video below hit the nail on the head. In his interview with Joe Rogan he'd only been on it for a couple of weeks. I wonder how he's doing on it now and what the future will bring. Basically it says there is too little information on it to come to any conclusions. Thought that's kind of obvious and doesn't say much though I totally agree. Who couldn't. 2 weeks is not enough time to conclude much else...

Jordan Peterson’s Carnivore Diet – SHOULD YOU TRY IT?

Jordan Peterson is a tedious, no-nothing twat.

Flavour-of-the-month, flash in the pan assclown about as relevant as Pauly Shore.

Last time I heard him he admitted to being drugged to the eyeballs on anti-depressants and celebrating it.

Yeah, he's got all the answers. (did Gareth Icke delete the eyeroll emote to prevent it being used on himself?)

Peterson is all style (read: bullshit) and no substance.

The 'carnivore' diet sounds like the logical next gimmick to market to idiots when they're tired of trying all the healthy diet fads.

It's like fashion: stovepipe jeans and then flares.

Or hippies and then yuppies and then grunge.

When you're tired of jerking off to saving animals you flip it back on its head and start whacking off to eating them again.

Last edited by size_of_light; 11-10-2018 at 11:51 AM.
size_of_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
iamawaveofthesea

I think our ancestors that we evolve from would have eaten anything they came across just like hunter gatherers do today

this would have provided a varied diet

alongside this they would have been carrying out a range of physical tasks that would have worked all the muscle groups aka 'the cave man workout'
I believe the public should have a say in their own fate and that is why i support free speech. Any media talking heads who argue that free speech must be curbed are arguing that the public should not be allowed a say in their own fate

Last edited by iamawaveofthesea; 11-10-2018 at 01:48 PM.
iamawaveofthesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #7
surfsteve

I think both Jordan and his daughter look fantastic. If this is not due to diet than what? Lots of times I thought Jordan was full of shit but I have to admit he used to look very unhealthy in is older videos and now does not.

I don't think Jordan is lying but I suppose he could be.

After I started this thread I came across another guy who tried the diet and then tried a vegan diet. His remarks were very interesting. He claimed he felt great on the carnivore diet but that his blood tests weren't very good and on the vegan diet his blood tests were good but he did not have as much energy, needed more sleep and gained a lot of body fat.

To be honest I'm not sure if that says more about the diets or the validity of blood tests.

Here are the video's I was talking about:

Old 11-10-2018, 04:38 PM   #8
surfsteve

Here's a video of an interview with Jordan's daughter.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #9
surfsteve

and a video of another guy who tried the carnivore diet:

Old 11-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #10
surfsteve

Normally when I have meat I put a huge amount of herbs and spices and yesterday I was making a steak and for a change I tried putting only sea salt on it. It tasted surprisingly good. So much so in fact that I made another steak for dinner and had it the same way.

I been going back on various posts in forums trying to figure out my diet earlier this year when I was able to do 26 pull ups and the nearest I can figure I was doing mostly carnivore and supplementing with wheat grass juice. I thought that I was also taking betaine HCL but it turns out I hadn't ordered it till June 12 and I did the 26 pull ups in mid April. I had also started doing collagen a little bit before that but well after I did the 26 pull ups. I also thought I may have been taking fish oils, especially salmon but my last order of salmon oil was December 29th, 2017. I looked up and found posts that say I switched from salmon oil to wild caught salmon in early March. By mid march I was eating a ton of salmon but I can't be sure how much I was eating prior to doing the 26 pull ups. Probably quite a bit. I remembered I used to eat a lot of kale but January 26th was the last post I can find mentioning kale so I'm pretty sure I had stopped eating it before I did my 26 pull ups.

From the best I can reconstruct my athletic performance was at it's peak while eating rare cooked beef, salmon, raw organ meat smoothies, eating very little vegetables and even less fruit. I was totally off caffeine, supplementing only with wheatgrass juice powder mixed in water. Oh yes. I forgot I had just started drinking peppermint tea and using the essential oil!

I remember thinking back then that I wasn't eating enough vegetables so I started making an effort to take more of them. Till last week I had been steadily increasing the number of vegetables and recently adding lots of sprouts. I nearly totally cut out the organ meat smoothies. I noticed a strong lowering of both mood and athletic performance and a strong desire not to work out. This continued till last week when I cut down on vegetables and drastically increased the amount of organ meat smoothies. My goal is to replicate my diet as close as possible when I was able to do the 26 pull ups and if possible improve on that but so far instead of improving I seem to have gone the other way. Maybe if it ain't broke, I shouldn't be trying to fix it!
Old 11-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #11
grimstock
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamawaveofthesea View Post
I think our ancestors that we evolve from would have eaten anything they came across just like hunter gatherers do today

this would have provided a varied diet

alongside this they would have been carrying out a range of physical tasks that would have worked all the muscle groups aka 'the cave man workout'
Yes - out of necessity but they did not slaughter animals just to pick up weights in a gym.

Meat carries disease and memory, and virtually all fresh meat is processed with dodgy chemicals. There is no need for slaughter any more. Would you chop your own legs off if you were hungry? (anyone, not you wave, I know you would not)

Last edited by grimstock; 11-10-2018 at 06:54 PM.
grimstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
dumbcritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
I saw that interview. And the one afterwards with Dr. Rhonda ????. I personally wouldn't do it as I feel I need the minerals and vitamins from plant food BUT each person has a different genetic makeup and I am even more of the belief that we need to tailor our eating to our own specific needs.
Didn't she say it would be unethical to do a long-term study?
''Chlorine is a deadly poison gas employed on European battlefields in World War I. Sodium is a corrosive metal which burns upon contact with water. Together they make a placid and unpoisonous material, table salt. Why each of these substances has the properties it does is a subject called chemistry'' - Carl Sagan

Why is it that the loudest critics of ''Big Pharma'' are Big Placebo?
dumbcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #13
surfsteve

Watching this right now.

Homo Carnivorus: What We Are Designed to Eat / Carnivore Diet / Ketogenic Diet
Old 13-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #14
surfsteve

One thing I'm seeing is that for sure those on carnivore diets always show poor results on their blood tests even though for the most part they claim they feel great.

Shawn Bakers blood tests were particularly alarming indicating he is diabetic. It seems odd that someone who eats no sugar or carbs can have a high enough sugar level in their blood to suggest he is diabetic. Personally I don't put that much faith in medical tests. As a home health care provider I've seen countless examples of people feeling deathly ill and doctors do tests and find nothing wrong with them. So it comes as no surprise that people who feel fine can have test results indicating they have some sort of disease. I remember several years ago I had a severe tooth infection and went to a dentist to have my tooth pulled without even bothering to take my blood pressure. The dentist wouldn't pull it because he said I had high blood pressure and wanted me to see another doctor and get put on high blood pressure medication before he would pull the tooth. He basically said that if I didn't I would die. Instead I went to another, more old fashioned dentist, who pulled the tooth. After he pulled it I told him what the other dentist had said. He said he could tell that I was in pain and that my blood pressure was high from it. To be safe I ordered a blood pressure cuff from Amazon. By the time it arrived my blood pressure was completely normal. Last time I took it, it was 114 over 72 which was quite low. Especially for someone over the age of 60. Had I listened to the first dentist I would have been on blood pressure medication for the rest of my life. Perhaps if I had not eaten grains for most of my life I would have never needed the tooth to be pulled in the first place...
Old 17-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #15
dumbcritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsteve View Post
Watching this right now.

Homo Carnivorus: What We Are Designed to Eat / Carnivore Diet / Ketogenic Diet
The KD increased LDL in all 15 participants by an average of 44%. ApoB also increased (by 29%) and FFA levels doubled https://www.atherosclerosis-journal....432-1/fulltext
''Chlorine is a deadly poison gas employed on European battlefields in World War I. Sodium is a corrosive metal which burns upon contact with water. Together they make a placid and unpoisonous material, table salt. Why each of these substances has the properties it does is a subject called chemistry'' - Carl Sagan

Why is it that the loudest critics of ''Big Pharma'' are Big Placebo?

Last edited by dumbcritic; 17-11-2018 at 10:01 PM.
dumbcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 03:41 AM   #16
surfsteve

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ne-marrow.html article

http://www.carnivorecast.com/podcast/andrew podcast

Before raw carnivore diet

After raw carnivore diet