Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 20-04-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
marhabr

Default marijuana paranoia

i used to smoke weed without any stresses a few years ago. then one time i got extremely paranoid. i hardly ever smoke now because of this and when i do smoke, i get paranoid most of the time.
what happens is that i have one thought about something bad happening and then it just multiplies until i really can't think straight. i also get very twitchy and shaky.
i really enjoyed smoking as it helped me spiritually and also made me realize things personally. any help or comments on my situation is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
marhabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
dontbeafraid

Maybe you should rethink doing something that would make you uncontrolably paranoid.
dontbeafraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
ambler1980

Ah, the dreaded "fear"...I smoked weed a few times and got paranoiod, don't do it anymore. Drugs just magnify whatever's going on upstairs. And sometimes it could be laced.

Last edited by ambler1980; 20-04-2010 at 10:12 PM.
ambler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
oioioi
Banned

Drink to overcome the fear.
oioioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
11kushna11

Smoking loads of weed will make you very paranoid, and I find it very difficult to believe anybody that says otherwise. I smoked on a daily basis for years and have only really started to think rationally and sensibly since I stopped. Weed is great for relaxing, thinking, laughing, but it will make you believe things that just aren't there.
11kushna11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
energi

Nah

energi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
why_do_it_to_yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by marhabr View Post
i used to smoke weed without any stresses a few years ago. then one time i got extremely paranoid. i hardly ever smoke now because of this and when i do smoke, i get paranoid most of the time.
what happens is that i have one thought about something bad happening and then it just multiplies until i really can't think straight. i also get very twitchy and shaky.
i really enjoyed smoking as it helped me spiritually and also made me realize things personally. any help or comments on my situation is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance

Hey mate what is happening is the with you I think is because you had a bad experience on it that is at the back of your mind so it will come out if you are worried about it.

You have to remember with weed is that it opens up your sensory perception so paranoia is part and parcel all you have to do is tell yourself that your feeling this way because of the effect of the drug.

Trust me I have smoked pretty heavy for 18 years

I get paranoid sometimes trust me try getting on a tube train after smoking some highgrade or sitting in a room full of people I dont know after smoking that first spliff of the day.

Its your mind thinking to much thats all

Relax and dont worry that something will happen to you
why_do_it_to_yourself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
paloem

Default hello

do you smoke a lot of weed ? it would probably be best to not smoke it . is it in certain situations that you feel like this in public places ect , is it a rational fear that you have an underlying problem that is causing it ? if this is the case you should address that problem. unfortunatley weed causes extreme unrational anxiety in some people which you can try to overcome but if it isnt enjoyable why keep doing it.
spirtuality is best obtained with a clear mind , this may seem less enjoyable but the real you doesnt need it to discover what is in your heart already.
Old 20-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #9
paloem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambler1980 View Post
Ah, the dreaded "fear"...I smoked weed a few times and got paranoiod, don't do it anymore. Drugs just magnify whatever's going on upstairs. And sometimes it could be laced.
why what does it get laced with?
Old 20-04-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
ambler1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloem View Post
why what does it get laced with?
Well I heard PCP(superman drug) or something or other.
Old 20-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
bruiseviolet

Do you smoke it a lot or just recreationally? If the latter lay off for a while to clear your head because chances are it's already in your head.

If it's somewhat of a necessity try smoking some different stuff if you can. Worst thing is when you start to rely on it.

If the paranoia is mainly when you're around people, avoid smoking it then and limit it to when you're not in a public situation.

But yeah, good luck.
bruiseviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #12
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Maybe best to smoke alone, or with those you can truely trust and relax around. Even then it can happen.

Long term pot heads call paranoia the bogie man. And know it's gonna get you now and then. You have to ride the storm once you know that it's just the way it is. With practice you can sort of pull yourself out of it, or go find something to do you like doing that occupies your mind.

Last edited by eternal_spirit; 20-04-2010 at 10:44 PM.
eternal_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
ambler1980

First time I smoked, nothing happened.

Second time I smoked, nothing happened.

Third time I smoked I got so paranoid about my heart beating fast that I thought it would bust through my chest... I thought I was dying...first ever panic attack and it was while I was high, not a good combo. For the next week I felt like I wasn't "me", extreme dissasociation, walking around in a daze/fog. Later I found out I'd smoked the most powerful weed you can buy. Worst experience of my life.

The next time I smoked it was about a year later, I got paranoid but nothing serious. I listened to some music and it was pretty awesome.

I smoked off an on after that, maybe once a year, when a friend would offer or pressure me into it. I'd get a little paranoid but it would wear off.

The only time I smoked and felt really good all the way through was at a New Year's party a few years ago. A cute girl I had my eye on all night pulled some out and offered. We got so fucking blazed, it was unbelievable. The sex was even better

I got offered some the other day and was very tempted, but didn't...I'm a big thinker and live in my head, and my imagination is massive, not to mention I'm a hypochondriac...so I'm easily paranoid, and I can only smoke around other people who I am really having a good time with.

Last edited by ambler1980; 20-04-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 20-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #14
whiterain

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_do_it_to_yourself View Post
Hey mate what is happening is the with you I think is because you had a bad experience on it that is at the back of your mind so it will come out if you are worried about it.

You have to remember with weed is that it opens up your sensory perception so paranoia is part and parcel all you have to do is tell yourself that your feeling this way because of the effect of the drug.

Trust me I have smoked pretty heavy for 18 years

I get paranoid sometimes trust me try getting on a tube train after smoking some highgrade or sitting in a room full of people I dont know after smoking that first spliff of the day.

Its your mind thinking to much thats all

Relax and dont worry that something will happen to you
good advice. never had trouble with weed, but from other things it does seem that your own expectations and surroundings are what will ensure whether its a positive experience or not
Old 20-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #15
nirvana
Banned

Quote:
thanks in advance

Was watching a drug programme the other week .It mentioned people that suffer intense paranoia or mental illness associated with smoking weed have alot more receptors in the brain stimulated.

Alot of people only get so many receptors stimulated so dont suffer the paranoia or mental illness from smoking too much weed.
nirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #16
eternal_spirit
Inactive

You know when you got it bad when you're putting off going the shop for more rizzla and bacca.
Old 20-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #17
redman
Inactive

Quote:
thanks in advance
I'm exactly the same, I get more of a intense feeling off weed than any other drug I have had. And I've had quite a lot.

Weed just doesn't agree with me. And I can totally see why docs say that it can cause some mental problems cos the feeling I get off it is fucking grim.

Mad thing is I used to smoke it when I was a kid and laugh my ass off, I don't know if it's the weed that's changed or it's my head cos like you said, I get a million different thoughts going through my head at once and to be honest I ain't paranoid about a specific thing, it's just like it's a fucking awful feeling that takes over me. Mad thing is I always get brave when I am pist up and end up having another go and soon as the feeling comes again I regret smoking it soon as... LOL Never learn.

Anyway, I think it's just one of those things. It agrees with some, and doesn't with others.
redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #18
shadowmoon

The world has many crazy evil people, the weed is opening you and saying to you "Who is this person walking past me? are they safe? will they try to hurt me? etc."

Its not paranoia that's just a label, smoking it and going out is for spotting assassins in a crowd.
shadowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #19
fedora

Quote:
thanks in advance

Many people say don't smoke weed or don't drink if it makes you paranoid. Let's get something straight. Nothing makes you a certain way. Pot and alcohol simply disable the control mechanism that is place to regulate basic behaviors. Sure they affect perception, but if basic behaviors such as paranoia are showing up this may be indicative of something you are not addressing. Maybe you don't know how to deal with fear. Fear is based on thought(as is everything else). You should not try and control what thoughts pop into your head, that is not the way to master your thoughts. You should first loose all desire to control what thoughts come into your head. What you can do is to choose what thoughts to feed. Next, time a negative thought comes into mind do not feed it. When it comes in simply clear your head and pay uninterpretable attention to the moment and/or your breath as if meditating. Do not try and replace it with a good thought because you fall into the trap of trying to control your thoughts. When a positive thought comes in to your head naturally dwell on it for a few moments. The thoughts you feed will survive and grow. The thoughts that you don't feed will die and soon disappear.
fedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #20
eternal_spirit
Inactive

Alcohol, coke and speed can cause terrible paranoia too, and you don't wanna be around people high on that lot who are in that state (paranoid) when their delusions set in. For your own safety.