Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > RiP / MSM Obituaries

Old 11-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #1
informationtransit

Default Leonard Cohen RIP

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-at-82-w449792

informationtransit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
cotarddelusion

What a year for music legends.

So long, Mr Cohen. Such an incredible catalog of beautiful music and poems like no other.

https://youtu.be/ZX0CfFdk-jw

Safe travels

Last edited by cotarddelusion; 11-11-2016 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Not sure how to post videos
cotarddelusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
ronisron
Inactive

During the holiday season in '94, my GF and I were staying at her friend's house. On the wall in the rec room were family photos. Mt GF pointed out one of them, and in it plain as day, was Leonard Cohen. I excitedly mentioned the obvious to the lady of the house and she asked if I knew him, I said that I knew of him, like a lot of people do. She said he was her cousin and she was aware of his notoriety, but couldn't understand what people saw in his work. Completely tuned out to his talent.

For "Hallelujah", for touching her perfect body with your mind, and for rhyming "orange" with "door hinge", so long Leonard.
ronisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:30 PM   #4
turquoisefire777

Default r.i.p.

Leonard Cohen - A Thousand Kisses Deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0ZpfHtnoE
turquoisefire777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:54 PM   #5
decim

This thread has a yellow star.
DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional, for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of organisation entity living, dead or in any other state of existence are coincidental. Any opinion, comment or statements related or attributed to this username are not necessarily nor implied to be those held by the ip/computer/username or other electronic media device or service owner/user.
decim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
maccoy

It really is closing time RIP Leonard
maccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #7
grandmasterp
Banned

Great poet, songwriter, singer and all round genius.
Leonard Cohen was a Zen monk so may possibly be back, at some stage; in some form.
RIP
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #8
zephiloyd

Leonard Cohen- Illuminati Jewish Secret Agent?

http://henrymakow.com/2015/01/Leonar...ish-agent.html
zephiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #9
grandmasterp
Banned

grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 03:01 AM   #10
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiloyd View Post
Leonard Cohen- Illuminati Jewish Secret Agent?
http://henrymakow.com/2015/01/Leonard-Cohen-Illuminati-Jewish-agent.html[/URL]
Wow... this information is quiet extraordinary and worth exploring here , the following are parts from the link above....

With Leonard Cohen, a sixties' dark horse who 'always hated the sixties', it went deeper. Not just another pretty face, Cohen was an elite product of McGill and Columbia University's ultra-classified MKULTRA mind control projects. Adept at hypnosis and trained as a Manchurian Candidate, Cohen met Jacob Rothschild in London in 1959.

Jacob was the son of Lord Victor Rothschild, (1910-1990) who allegedly controlled MI5 and MI6 and also had founded the Tavistock Institute, birthplace of MKULTRA mind control. At the same time, Cohen cultivated friendships in the London underground scene, including Black Power activist Michael X, who worked as an enforcer for slum landlord and alleged Israeli spy, Peter Rachman.

From London he headed for Hydra, - an island with deep cult connections, and a haven for operatives. On arriving, he looked up Barbara Huchinson, ex-wife of Victor Rothschild who was living with a Greek painter, Nikos Ghikas. Soon afterwards, the Ghikas mansion was totally gutted in a fire. An auspicious beginning to a year in which the still-unpublished novelist was photographed with other Hydra Bohemians for LIFE magazine: a major coup for an unpublished novelist and folksinger who had not yet written any songs.

In the spring of 1961, he just happened to arrive in Havana a few days ahead of the Bay of Pigs invasion nearly causing an international incident when Castro 's troops arrested him as a suspected CIA agent.

He has an impressive record of appearing in distant locations just ahead of historic coups: Greece before the Colonels. London for Jimi Hendrix's death. Montreal on the eve of the War Measures Act. Israel just days before the Yom Kippur War broke out in a "surprise attack" by Egypt (September 1973). Asmara, Ethiopia for the CIA and Mossad-backed overthrow of Haile Selassie. Manhattan, when John Lennon died (December 1980).

Cohen serenading Ariel Sharon during 1973 war

He even described his MK-ULTRA background in a song:

Field Commander Cohen was our most important spy
Wounded in the line of duty
Parachuting acid into diplomatic cocktail parties.

By the eighties Cohen was penning songs filled End Times programming scripts and triggers. His small cult audience had privileged access to the 'secret text' that now entailed divine punishment for the generation that had embraced sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Increasingly his songs resembled predictive programming for mass destruction, darkness and the Flood. Introducing the NWO religion to western audiences, Cohen's music draws on Freemasonry, Kabbalah, and Babylonian mystery cults which he tastefully markets to his sophisticated fan base of baby boomers and their kids.

newskin.jpgHe favours alchemical images, symbols and logos. His album New Skin for the Old Ceremony made use of a drawing of the hieros gamos, depicting the union of male and female from a 16th century woodcutting. The hieros gamos may not be as innocent as it sounds: depicted in the climactic scene of Eyes Wide Shut, it involves a deadly ritual in which a woman is murdered at an Illuminati party.

For a while Cohen toyed with swastika inside a Star of David, but it was already taken by the Raelian UFO cult. Another of his logos is the hummingbird, representing subliminal programming as songs enter the listener's ear the way these birds dart from flower to flower.

THE NINETIES AND AFTER

His 1992 album The Future features a hummingbird rising up from a black and blue heart (reptilian blue bloodlines?) which seems to hover above a pair of (open) handcuffs symbolic of "freedom" in the New World Order. The title song introduced another apocalyptic slogan: "I've seen the future, baby, it is murder."

The logo (above): two hearts intertwined like the triangles of the Star of David appeared on his final ("Old Ideas") tour launched in Ghent, Belgium on 8/12/2012 to coincide with the closing ceremony of the London Olympics. Strangely, the date mirrors John Lennon's assassination. For the occasion Cohen even added an all-seeing eye.

On stage in Ghent with his musicians dressed like Lubavitchers at a funeral, the spry 77-year-old delivered exactly 33 songs - a nice, round, Masonic number -- including "Save the Last Dance for Me."

In an astrological display of fireworks , the Star of David constellation that began on July 29 2013, climaxed on September 21-- Leonard Cohen's 79th birthday.

Was this his date with destiny, a heavenly sign that he was the longed-for Jewish Messiah - or was he the flip side, back-masked version, aka anti-Christ?

The fateful day went by and nothing happened.

Maybe once again he fooled us all.

"I was one of the specially trained groups of agents called "the hummingbirds". The men and women of this group are so valuable that to protect their covers no central file is kept on them and their identities are seldom divulged to other agents. Most hummingbirds remain on assignment as long as they lead active cover lives, usually as high-ranking government officials, military or cultural officials based in foreign countries. Others serve as businessmen, scientists, editors, writers and artists. But I always used to wonder what would happen if a hummingbird vanished, leaving no proof..."

End of quotes from link

When all the dust settles, his music is left .... as always it's excellent , I loved it , but it's been described as "Music to commit suicide to " ... and that sums it up , and this must be the effect the controllers wanted ...to lower our spirits , keep us depressed.

Last edited by oz93666; 13-11-2016 at 03:05 AM.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 07:00 AM   #11
bluefire

Another who made really nice music has gone.
bluefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #12
knightofalbion

Yes, another one gone. A hugely influential and talented singer, songwriter and poet.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
knightofalbion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #13
andiliz

Was sad to hear of the death of Leonard Cohen. He was 82 years old which isn't a bad age to reach but it is still sad.

Canada sure has produced some of the greats in the music world like: Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell and Neil Young!

Also Canada has produced: K.D. Lang, Céline Dion, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette, the group 'Arcade Fire', Vanity (who was one of Prince's protégés) and many others.

Last edited by andiliz; 23-11-2016 at 06:47 PM.
andiliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #14
mollymag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post
Wow... this information is quiet extraordinary and worth exploring here , the following are parts from the link above....

With Leonard Cohen, a sixties' dark horse who 'always hated the sixties', it went deeper. Not just another pretty face, Cohen was an elite product of McGill and Columbia University's ultra-classified MKULTRA mind control projects. Adept at hypnosis and trained as a Manchurian Candidate, Cohen met Jacob Rothschild in London in 1959.

Jacob was the son of Lord Victor Rothschild, (1910-1990) who allegedly controlled MI5 and MI6 and also had founded the Tavistock Institute, birthplace of MKULTRA mind control. At the same time, Cohen cultivated friendships in the London underground scene, including Black Power activist Michael X, who worked as an enforcer for slum landlord and alleged Israeli spy, Peter Rachman.

From London he headed for Hydra, - an island with deep cult connections, and a haven for operatives. On arriving, he looked up Barbara Huchinson, ex-wife of Victor Rothschild who was living with a Greek painter, Nikos Ghikas. Soon afterwards, the Ghikas mansion was totally gutted in a fire. An auspicious beginning to a year in which the still-unpublished novelist was photographed with other Hydra Bohemians for LIFE magazine: a major coup for an unpublished novelist and folksinger who had not yet written any songs.

In the spring of 1961, he just happened to arrive in Havana a few days ahead of the Bay of Pigs invasion nearly causing an international incident when Castro 's troops arrested him as a suspected CIA agent.

He has an impressive record of appearing in distant locations just ahead of historic coups: Greece before the Colonels. London for Jimi Hendrix's death. Montreal on the eve of the War Measures Act. Israel just days before the Yom Kippur War broke out in a "surprise attack" by Egypt (September 1973). Asmara, Ethiopia for the CIA and Mossad-backed overthrow of Haile Selassie. Manhattan, when John Lennon died (December 1980).

By the eighties Cohen was penning songs filled End Times programming scripts and triggers. His small cult audience had privileged access to the 'secret text' that now entailed divine punishment for the generation that had embraced sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Increasingly his songs resembled predictive programming for mass destruction, darkness and the Flood. Introducing the NWO religion to western audiences, Cohen's music draws on Freemasonry, Kabbalah, and Babylonian mystery cults which he tastefully markets to his sophisticated fan base of baby boomers and their kids.

newskin.jpgHe favours alchemical images, symbols and logos. His album New Skin for the Old Ceremony made use of a drawing of the hieros gamos, depicting the union of male and female from a 16th century woodcutting. The hieros gamos may not be as innocent as it sounds: depicted in the climactic scene of Eyes Wide Shut, it involves a deadly ritual in which a woman is murdered at an Illuminati party.

For a while Cohen toyed with swastika inside a Star of David, but it was already taken by the Raelian UFO cult. Another of his logos is the hummingbird, representing subliminal programming as songs enter the listener's ear the way these birds dart from flower to flower.

THE NINETIES AND AFTER

His 1992 album The Future features a hummingbird rising up from a black and blue heart (reptilian blue bloodlines?) which seems to hover above a pair of (open) handcuffs symbolic of "freedom" in the New World Order. The title song introduced another apocalyptic slogan: "I've seen the future, baby, it is murder."

The logo (above): two hearts intertwined like the triangles of the Star of David appeared on his final ("Old Ideas") tour launched in Ghent, Belgium on 8/12/2012 to coincide with the closing ceremony of the London Olympics. Strangely, the date mirrors John Lennon's assassination. For the occasion Cohen even added an all-seeing eye.

On stage in Ghent with his musicians dressed like Lubavitchers at a funeral, the spry 77-year-old delivered exactly 33 songs - a nice, round, Masonic number -- including "Save the Last Dance for Me."

In an astrological display of fireworks , the Star of David constellation that began on July 29 2013, climaxed on September 21-- Leonard Cohen's 79th birthday.

Was this his date with destiny, a heavenly sign that he was the longed-for Jewish Messiah - or was he the flip side, back-masked version, aka anti-Christ?

"I was one of the specially trained groups of agents called "the hummingbirds". The men and women of this group are so valuable that to protect their covers no central file is kept on them and their identities are seldom divulged to other agents. Most hummingbirds remain on assignment as long as they lead active cover lives, usually as high-ranking government officials, military or cultural officials based in foreign countries. Others serve as businessmen, scientists, editors, writers and artists. But I always used to wonder what would happen if a hummingbird vanished, leaving no proof..."

End of quotes from link

When all the dust settles, his music is left .... as always it's excellent , I loved it , but it's been described as "Music to commit suicide to " ... and that sums it up , and this must be the effect the controllers wanted ...to lower our spirits , keep us depressed.
I am not sure that attending McGill University (English speaking university) is a definite link to MK Ultra. I know that mind control was one small part of the
McGill institution, but that doesn't mean Cohen was part of it. I know people who attended McGill and graduated from it and they knew nothing of MK Ultra. I had a brother-in-law who taught there and he knew nothing of MK Ultra. Where is the evidence that Cohen was part of MK Ultra? It is a huge university.

I find the rest of your information intriguing and will read it carefully. Thank you for the information.

What do you think about the suggestion that Cohen wrote Bob Dylan's songs for him?
mollymag4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 05:59 PM   #15
andiliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymag4 View Post
I am not sure that attending McGill University (English speaking university) is a definite link to MK Ultra. I know that mind control was one small part of the
McGill institution, but that doesn't mean Cohen was part of it. I know people who attended McGill and graduated from it and they knew nothing of MK Ultra. I had a brother-in-law who taught there and he knew nothing of MK Ultra. Where is the evidence that Cohen was part of MK Ultra? It is a huge university.

I find the rest of your information intriguing and will read it carefully. Thank you for the information.

What do you think about the suggestion that Cohen wrote Bob Dylan's songs for him?
I really don't think Leonard Cohen wrote Bob Dylan's songs for him. Also Bob Dylan will continue to write songs even after Leonard Cohen has died.

Leonard Cohen penned a poignant final letter to his dying muse Marianne Ihlen, a longtime friend of hers revealed on Canadian radio.

Marianne Ihlen, whom Leonard Cohen wrote about in "So Long, Marianne" and "Bird on a Wire", died in Norway on 29th July 2016, aged 81.

Leonard Cohen first met Marianne Ihlen on the Greek island Hydra in the 1960s and they became lovers. "So Long, Marianne" appeared on his 1967 album "Songs of Leonard Cohen".

See this article for more info: https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...fore-her-death

Hydra is a Greek island which is said to have deep cult connections and is said to be a haven for operatives.

The song "Suzanne" was inspired by Leonard Cohen's platonic relationship with Suzanne Verdal, the then-girlfriend of sculptor Armand Vaillancourt.

I wonder who Heather was in Leonard Cohen's 2004 album "Dear Heather"?

I think Leonard Cohen's song "Democracy is Coming to the USA" it is an interesting song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFrMU8wmQ9k

I find Leonard Cohen's song "The Future" (from the film 'Natural Born Killers') a bit disturbing though. I hope the world doesn't end up like that song!

I find it interesting Leonard Cohen was Jewish and he became a Buddhist. He was both Jewish and Buddhist. I think he was Tibetan Buddhist?

Leonard Cohen had a brief phase around 1970 of being interested in a variety of world views, which he later described as "from the Communist party to the Republican Party. From Scientology to delusions of me as the High Priest rebuilding the Temple".

I guess by rebuilding the Temple he meant rebuilding the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem in Israel which so far has never been rebuilt.

I like Leonard Cohen's song "Dance Me To The End Of Love": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEVow6kr5nI

I remember Leonard Cohen had some legal problems with his manager and record company I can't remember the exact details though? He was forced to go back on tour because of all the money he lost.

Leonard Cohen was on the record label Columbia which is part of Sony.

I expect the popular song "Hallelujah" made him some money in the end.

I know some people think Leonard Cohen's music is depressing like they do with Billie Holiday, Lana Del Rey, Fiona Apple, Joy Division, The Smiths, Morrissey and so on.

Last edited by andiliz; 23-11-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 23-11-2016, 07:59 PM   #16
ronisron
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz93666 View Post

THE NINETIES AND AFTER

End of quotes from link

All of the above is possible, I met his cousin and her non Jewish husband (I don't think he was Jewish...) in Vancouver as she worked with my ex, she was very surprised that I knew who Leonard was. She knew he had some notoriety but wasn't that impressed.

She. Was. NUTS. She and her husband, both psychologists. Their marriage and group home for children ended when she started going out and "partying" with 15 year old boys. She was what I would call "damaged", her husband too. She was from Montreal, kibbutzed in Israel, all the rest. I don't know where she got her degree from.

Leonard's cousin, definitely out there.

Leonard was possibly all of the above, it's intriguing. "Orange" with "door hinge". He had the soul of a poet. Perhaps his mind and body were co-opted.
ronisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #17
andiliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronisron View Post
All of the above is possible, I met his cousin and her non Jewish husband (I don't think he was Jewish...) in Vancouver as she worked with my ex, she was very surprised that I knew who Leonard was. She knew he had some notoriety but wasn't that impressed.

She. Was. NUTS. She and her husband, both psychologists. Their marriage and group home for children ended when she started going out and "partying" with 15 year old boys. She was what I would call "damaged", her husband too. She was from Montreal, kibbutzed in Israel, all the rest. I don't know where she got her degree from.

Leonard's cousin, definitely out there.

Leonard was possibly all of the above, it's intriguing. "Orange" with "door hinge". He had the soul of a poet. Perhaps his mind and body were co-opted.
I agree with you I think all the info on the internet about Leonard Cohen, mind control and MK Ultra could well be true or at least have some truth in it. I can't say I ever met Leonard Cohen or knew anyone from his family or his friends. I never saw him live in concert. I get the feeling he might of been more loved in the UK than in Canada or the USA because I know someone from America they had never heard of him. So maybe he was more famous in the UK I don't know this for sure though.

I remember Leonard Cohen had some legal problems with his manager and record company I can't remember the exact details though? He was forced to go back on tour because of all the money he lost. Leonard Cohen was on the record label Columbia which is part of Sony. There are only three major record companies left they are Sony, Universal and Warner.

I find it interesting Marianne Ihlen died in the same year as Leonard Cohen they seemed like soul mates in a way.

Some think there is a link between genius and madness.

Last edited by andiliz; 25-11-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 22-12-2016, 08:27 PM   #18
zulqadr

Jewish News remembers those we lost in 2016

We pay tribute to those who have passed away in 2016 including Elie Wiesel, Gene Wilder, Jack Kagan, Leonard Cohen, Rabbi Lionel Blue and Shimon Peres

zulqadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:35 AM   #19
andiliz

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulqadr View Post
Jewish News remembers those we lost in 2016

We pay tribute to those who have passed away in 2016 including Elie Wiesel, Gene Wilder, Jack Kagan, Leonard Cohen, Rabbi Lionel Blue and Shimon Peres

Thanks for this post! I didn't know Rabbi Lionel Blue died last year I remember him on "Thought for the Day" on BBC Radio 4. I didn't know Gene Wilder was Jewish.

David Gest died last year and he was Jewish racially I'm not sure he featured on this YouTube video though. I think David Gest might of converted to Christianity but I'm not totally sure.

I am a bible-believing, born-again Christian but I'm very supportive of Jewish people and Jewish culture. I support the state of Israel and I pray for peace in Jerusalem. Jesus was Jewish after all and Jewish people are "God's chosen people" it says this in The Bible.

Last edited by andiliz; 11-01-2017 at 02:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:14 AM   #20
oz93666

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiliz View Post
I am a bible-believing, born-again Christian .... after all and Jewish people are "God's chosen people" it says this in The Bible...
And there we have the problem in a nutshell !!

The video above shows how many rich and famous people are jewish , this is not because they're smarter or more talented than the others who are not "gods chosen people" ... but because the rothschilds control who is hired and promoted ...his people ...jewish people .

leonard cohen made great music (it always is) ... but it's been described as "music to commit suicide to " ..

They made him rich and famous , and in return he had to lower the frequency of the planet ... he had the ability to make depressing music likeable.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote