Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > RiP / MSM Obituaries

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
rain dancer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 100
Likes: 116 (36 Posts)
Default Harper Lee dies age 89

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...e_of_89_t.html

Author Nelle Harper Lee, who won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1961 for her book, "To Kill a Mockingbird," passed away in her sleep Friday morning at the age of 89, her family has confirmed.
rain dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 03:23 PM   #2
grandmasterp
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The SkegVegas Coast
Posts: 31,797
Likes: 2,580 (1,693 Posts)
Default

Boring book, awful film IMO.
She had a good innings though.
Likes: (2)
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
knightofalbion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,857
Likes: 646 (414 Posts)
Default

Hard to think of an author in the modern era who has made such an impact on people's perceptions.
I heard someone on television say they read the book as a youngster and again more recently in their adult life. She said that on both occasions she was moved by the book and it left her wanting to a better person.
For a book to become a classic within the author's lifetime, that's a great book.
__________________
All this talk of religion, but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can, and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
knightofalbion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 05:33 PM   #4
jake_ball
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,021
Likes: 3,174 (1,628 Posts)
Default

Her one and only book was pushed by the mass media and the education system, so it was ALWAYS gonna be a "success" no matter how much it was obviously a blatant piece of propaganda.

Her 2nd and last book (accredited to Harper Lee) which was published last year (if I remember correctly) was a follow up to her first book, and coincided with Obama (puppet) wanting to start a race war, and that book (and the first book) were widely promoted in the MSM (again)
__________________
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself. ||| The words that I type onto this forum are NOT my opinions, nor are they my beliefs, they are simply just words and letters on a screen ||| Any thread that I start is not really meant as a debate, it's really just a friendly discussion

Last edited by jake_ball; 20-02-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Likes: (1)
jake_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 06:10 PM   #5
cosmic tramp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,900
Likes: 2,707 (1,758 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
Her 2nd and last book (accredited to Harper Lee) which was published last year (if I remember correctly) was a follow up to her first book, and coincided with Obama (puppet) wanting to start a race war, and that book (and the first book) were widely promoted in the MSM (again)
It was actually the prequel I was told. Discovered in a box in her garage.
cosmic tramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2016, 06:20 PM   #6
kizzie
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Hertfordshire UK
Posts: 5,486
Likes: 3,708 (1,807 Posts)
Default

she wrote her 2nd book first and the publisher said they wanted to know what happened so she wrote mocking bird and then later released the prequel
__________________
When you stop watching what they want you to watch you stop thinking what they want you to think.. Then you see a world that is nothing like they tell you it is.
kizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2016, 02:16 AM   #7
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 20,404
Likes: 1,436 (935 Posts)
Default

Very sad!!!!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #8
annieapple
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The orchard.
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 259 (132 Posts)
Default

I love the book. Packed with social morals.
annieapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 06:40 AM   #9
evil edna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 154
Likes: 157 (100 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake_ball View Post
Her one and only book was pushed by the mass media and the education system, so it was ALWAYS gonna be a "success" no matter how much it was obviously a blatant piece of propaganda.

Her 2nd and last book (accredited to Harper Lee) which was published last year (if I remember correctly) was a follow up to her first book, and coincided with Obama (puppet) wanting to start a race war, and that book (and the first book) were widely promoted in the MSM (again)
Did Harper Lee even write TKAM? Or was it authored by a committee? To shift public attitudes towards race?

Why did she never write again? After a roaring worldwide success, wouldn't that inspire most authors to write many more?

The video of her with Obama looked flaky. As if we weren't to study her too closely. Was she played by an actress? A much younger woman?

In those intervening 55 years between publishing TKAM and her "death", where are all the TV interviews?
Likes: (2)
evil edna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #10
felixfelix
Restricted Profile
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,295
Likes: 2,070 (1,257 Posts)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
Did Harper Lee even write TKAM? Or was it authored by a committee? To shift public attitudes towards race?

Why did she never write again? After a roaring worldwide success, wouldn't that inspire most authors to write many more?

The video of her with Obama looked flaky. As if we weren't to study her too closely. Was she played by an actress? A much younger woman?

In those intervening 55 years between publishing TKAM and her "death", where are all the TV interviews?
I didn't for one moment her death was faked....but on briefly disturbing the reports from 2015 where red flags are immediately apparent, one does wonder what on earth did go on.... it just reads like the usual BS cover-up story.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...ript-discovery

For what is a pretty slim wiki biography even prior to the "emerging" of the lost prequel, there has been much bun fighting over it through the years, another red flag in itself.

Last edited by felixfelix; 23-02-2016 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spell
Likes: (2)
felixfelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Shoutbox provided by vBShout (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.