Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Today's News > RiP / MSM Obituaries

Old 30-12-2015, 09:49 PM   #1
slackpenguin

Default Ian Murdock dead at 42 (founder of Debian)

Sad news today, 2015 has taken another. Ian Murdock the founder of the Debian Operating system started in 1993 has allegedly committed suicide.

Here are some articles relaying that message:
http://linux.slashdot.org/story/15/1...rdock-has-died
https://thehackernews.com/2015/12/de...dock-died.html
http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/30/de...as-died-at-42/

For those unfamiliar with his name and Debian, he was the founder of a software distribution based on the Linux Kernel and GNU software. Debian can be found everywhere from embedded software to the ISS (space station). It's possible the operating system on your TV set box or your Router is running some form of Debian. The word "Debian" was formed as a combination of the first name of his then-girlfriend Debra Lynn and his own first name.

He was a revolutionary character within the computing world for promoting freedoms and rights in terms of computer software. Without the Debian project we would have no Ubuntu, Linux Mint, or any of the other software "forks" which evolved from the Debian software base.

One of his last tweets on twitter mentioned a suggestion towards police brutality, highlighting the fact that nobody seemed to care about the harassment he went through due to him being a white "business man".

His twitter account has been deleted; although some archived pages have been cached.

Some of his last tweets:
https://archive.is/MmnvL
Quote:
Maybe my suicide at this, you now, a successful business man, not a NIGGER, will finally bring some attention to this very serious issue.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us
Quote:
i'm committing suicide tonight.. do not intervene as i have many stories to tell and do not want them to die with me
People are suggesting he is relating to police brutality on terms of how many perceive the bias towards people who are black who are abused by the police, but he himself being white was treated the same and nobody seemed to care about it.

This raises a point that police brutality is often overlooked when a victim is white, but it also highlights that the fact that many people have been saying for a while now he was a target of the NSA.

There's alot of speculation in the tech-world about how Ian was threatened by the NSA in an attempt to implement backdoors in the Debian software. Being the person he was and the things he stood for, in terms of software freedoms and rights, this is something i could never see him following through with. It's unsure at the moment as to the reasons why he committed suicide and why he was being harassed by the police (or possibly agencies) but i feel the link is there to the NSA having a part in this.

There's also alot of speculation that his twitter account was hacked involving the several last messages he tweeted before his death... suggesting malicious intents by a third-party, and that they were not written by himself. Possibly he has been taken out for not complying with the secret services to introduce backdoor code in the Debian software base.

Debian is one of the most common Operating Systems you can find when browsing the web, there;s a high chance that most servers you connect to when browsing the web are running Debian. The motivation for the NSA to target him would have been on a similar scale to Microsoft or Apple (although it's pretty common knowledge that the NSA already has ties to Microsoft and Apple). The scale of how Debian is distributed across the web (and end-user workstations) would make it a viable target for government surveillance if a backdoor was to be implemented.

If it's a case of societal bias towards white people who receive abuse from the police or whether he was targeted by the "security" agencies, i thought it was a point worth raising. Nobody should have to go through this.

May he rest in peace. I have alot of respect for the man, as the Debian project first introduced me to Linux and got me away from the world of Microsoft in the mid 2000's. Computing has never been the same for me since, and it's been a world of wonders.

I just hope that if any misjustice has been committed, that those responsible are charged and imprisoned for the cause of his death.

Last edited by slackpenguin; 30-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.
slackpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
slackpenguin

Also; relevant article worth reading: https://igurublog.wordpress.com/2014...ed-by-the-nsa/
slackpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #3
tomwilson

He had little to no involvement in Debian in recent times having joined Docker recently - so the "back door" story seems very unlikely.

I dunno. It may have been a very good cover up, but to me it just seems like he was just a depressed guy who's personal situation just got the better of him during the supposedly happy season. Maybe the ex wife hadn't let him see his kids at Christmas?
tomwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 02:33 AM   #4
Dude111

Very sad
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
illuminumnuts

Unhappy RIP Ian Murdock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackpenguin View Post
There's alot of speculation in the tech-world about how Ian was threatened by the NSA in an attempt to implement backdoors in the Debian software. Being the person he was and the things he stood for, in terms of software freedoms and rights, this is something i could never see him following through with. It's unsure at the moment as to the reasons why he committed suicide and why he was being harassed by the police (or possibly agencies) but i feel the link is there to the NSA having a part in this.
Quite probable and, even if they didn't actually pull the trigger, then harassing someone to their death is still murder. I also had a feeling that Jim Keller's departure from AMD a few months ago was a bit weird. I am not too sure what can be done to a contemporary CPU to make it NSA friendly, but I wondered if maybe he disagreed with something that the PTB were trying to force on him. Do you know if there has been any talk, along those lines, on some of the tech forums? Not my area of expertise...

http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/86585...er-leaves-amd/
Are you selling out your own sons, daughters, nephews and nieces? Good job! Bellboy!

Last edited by illuminumnuts; 15-01-2016 at 12:11 AM.
illuminumnuts is offline   Reply With Quote