Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > David Icke: Research & Media > Human Race Get Off Your Knees

Old 02-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
theabbot 7
Inactive

Default In A Me Mindstate

there is an old saying that goes:

A constant focus on self causes much suffering here on planet earth......

my question is how do we move past this notion and how do we get out of the me mindstate
theabbot 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
quoriana

I partially agree with the saying. If we focus on the self as separate and cut off of the earth, it makes the earth suffer the same way a neglected body part suffers when we don't pay attention to it and don't take care of it. But if we focus on the self as a part of the whole, if we see ourselves back in everything around us especially in nature, animals and others, that must be greatly benificial to the earth. I'm quite sure it will experience it as a warm embrace. So try to do that?
Or act loving to something or someone. If people say they don't know how to change the world, I usually say they simply should spread love. Because love vibrations really change the world. There is some MTV animation, I forgot what exactly is in it, but I would say it is a grey cat in a grey world looking lonely. Then some other pink coloured animal comes to the cat and strokes it, and the cat becomes pink to; other animals of other colours join and it becomes a spectacle of colours... that's what shared love does to 'greyness'. Act with love and compassion. That's how to get out of the me mindstate I think.
quoriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
paradise found
Inactive

Just make a point of being direct and honest with yourself, in all ways and things. Totally.

The illusions are maintained through lies... you have to become skeptical of everything, bar what you can prove to yourself, completely and totally.

Eventually, if you are strong, you will be free from illusion.

Remember... assumption is the first pitfall to wisdom.

Last edited by paradise found; 04-05-2013 at 09:54 PM.
paradise found is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
grandmasterp
Banned

A Meditator Needs No Personal Guidance
"If you can become just your own self, if you can blossom into your intrinsic nature, then only you will have blissfulness – a peace which cannot be expressed in words, and a certain poetry to your being; a certain dance to your being, because you will be in tune with existence. To be in tune with yourself is the only way to be in tune with existence. Nobody needs personal guidance, because all personal guidance is a beautiful name for dependence on somebody and he is going to distort you."

"A meditator needs no personal guidance. A meditator, on the contrary, needs only one thing: the atmosphere of meditation. He needs other meditators; he needs to be surrounded by other meditators. Because whatever goes on happening within us is not only within us, it affects people who are close by. In this communion people are at different stages of meditation. To meditate with these people, just to sit silently with these people, and you will be pulled more and more towards your own intrinsic potentiality."
( Osho).
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
blue2

I like that Grandmasterp

We need to let go of Ego too...some like Eckhart Tolle.

In giving help to someone who you see has a need or a difficulty in their life without any expectation of any reward is a way forward and not allowing yourself to absorb any other peoples twisted jealousies mind-sets.

Go to a Buddhist monastery..one I enjoyed was Samye Ling at Eskdalemuir, a lovely long weekend of Tibetan Art and Meditation was unbelievably relaxing I realised when I got back home.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
susannah1
Inactive

Bravo Grandmasterp! I like your post very much! Agreed!
susannah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
ufochick

For each action examine how it effects others. If it has zero positive effect on others ask yourself how it can have that positive effect.

A simple action as bathing has a good effect on others, it's keeps you from stinking up their airspace. Even being self sufficient has a positive effect, it means no one else needs to care for you.

It's about refocusing your energy towards how you effect others and not focusing on the me in ever situation/thought or action.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
paradise found
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufochick View Post
A simple action as bathing has a good effect on others, it's keeps you from stinking up their airspace. Even being self sufficient has a positive effect, it means no one else needs to care for you.
Of course, you'll likely be bathing in fluoridated and negatively energised water, and so it will knock your etheric frequency down some...
Old 05-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
paradise found
Inactive

Instead of fighting your selfishness, which we all have in varying degrees, wouldn't it be easier to expand the scope of the sense of self?

Ultimately, there is only One. It takes some honesty and clarity to see that, though.

Last edited by paradise found; 05-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
grandmasterp
Banned

Good call though, a nice refreshing dip in a river or the sea works wonders.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
blue2

I was told by a neighbour a couple days ago that our local Vicar has taken to dipping anyone in the local river that wants it lol,of course they could drown when deep and roughly flowing and icy cold they could have a heart attack, he really has gone a bit strange though since his wife left him a year ago with their 12yr old son so she could pursue her career as a Vicar several Counties away, that's how C of E works these days then!

Last edited by blue2; 05-05-2013 at 05:30 PM.
blue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
romer
Banned

does this thread count for motorists because when your driving it seems your invisible Has anyone else noticed this ,englands deep depression that people refuse to admit is happenin not to mention the PMA everybody haha plzzz...
romer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
tink123

I agree..there is a core group of horrible people out there....you can hit them over the head with all this....confront their lies and bad ways and they still won't admit they are wrong or do the right thing.

It appears to me that....there are 2 things going on.

1. These people have had some bad expeirence in life....so because someone did it to them they treat others badly and lie and think nothing of it..because they know no better.

2. The internet..has made it all worse..because of the lies that can and are told...no one knows lying is wrong..or what right and wrong is any more.

There is a thick layer of I don't care..me me me around...how you ever break it to get these people to see and change I don't know...because these types of people are the ones who are never wrong in life or can apologise.

But its about time..tradition...morals...values....being nice and spreading good counted for something..i think! sad world x
tink123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #14
ainvision

Thumbs up Might that be Aristotle or Buddha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theabbot 7 View Post
there is an old saying that goes:

A constant focus on self causes much suffering here on planet earth......

my question is how do we move past this notion and how do we get out of the me mindstate
Firstly you have to determine what is defined by 'self'. Is it the little ego/personality? Is it the super Ego/Metaphysical or Higher Self or is it the mundane, stuck in this world 'this is what the world tells me to be so I think I am it/Robot?

Siddharta Buddha said, "ALL in this world (reality) is Maya (Illusion)".

Plato said, "ALL we can possibly perceive is like a chained man in a cave looking upon the shadows on a wall in front of us by those moving back and forth from the lit (enlightened?) mouth of the cave".

Innumerable teachers, philosophies, gurus, magicians, religious personages, charlatans, liars, friends, peer-group members, family etc will try to tell to follow their ideologies...How about this as an ALTERNATIVE! No drugs required!

THINK FOR YOURSELF!... Here's a neat trick from Raja Yoga. Just before you are going to sleep, breath deeply and rhythmically and focus your MIND on this... Repeat as many times as is necessary, "I AM not my BODY" until your are unaware of your body.

Then continue with, " I AM not my MIND" until you are unaware of your mind. You'll find there is SOMETHING left and that is your TRUE SELF, that part of you that is beyond physicality and mind. It is the TRUE SELF that is in fact your WILL (and the lower aspects of your SPIRIT). That's enough for now, the rest of the journey is yours....
ainvision is offline   Reply With Quote