Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 23-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #21
grandmasterp
Banned

We're rural dwellers here and I hadn't thought about towns.
I reckon you are on to something there.
Been watching an item on TV earlier this week about how many town front gardens are hard surfaced over for car parking and back gardens decked or patio'd over. It was about flooding but for sure if there is less growing for birds to eat in town gardens then feeding them is the way forward.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #22
dac54

I agree that you should keep feeding them if you can,I get a lot of pigeons,starlings,and smaller birds....have also counted around 15 magpies at one time in the garden,plus various types of crows so I reckon there must be a bit of competition for food.
Every little helps and good vibrations are bound to spread I reckon.

You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold.
That is how important you are !
dac54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #23
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Well Polska is about 70% eco green as Britain was back in Billy Shakespeare's day and plays host to a wide a variety of ornithological species. Where I lived, the average Polish sparrow looked like an emaciated midget compared to the British one (I soon fattened them up alongside the Blue Tits and Coal Tits). We also had Starlings, wild Grouse, Woodpeckers and lots of Crows.

Also, it's a cultural thing too. For example in Mongolia, all pigeons are treasured. They are regarded as holy. I love the Mongolian attitude! When I told a Mongolian acquaintance that often the pigeon is hated here, he was utterly shocked. He found that unthinkable!

There are always these cultural differences with regard to nature and animals. In an ideal world, no birds would need feeding by humans, but it's not an ideal world. Far from it. We feed the foxes too when it's very cold.

Cosmic, I found this...apparently people in Poland ARE feeding birds, but more in the cities.

http://wnb.uz.zgora.pl/assets/files/...2%2095-102.pdf

LOL at the very idea that they've gone and done a study about it.

On the other hand, here's a blog by someone....a foreigner to Poland? They're despairing at the lack of bird feeding 'equipment' for want of a better word!

https://polandian.wordpress.com/2009...rds-in-warsaw/
tildatod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #24
peabrain
Inactive

I feed them in the garden and go up hills and put some fat balls on trees up there, there are around 60 blue tits sheltering there at the moment, lots of berries for them to eat as well.

It's the starlings i worry about they are on the decline, there used to be loads of them

Although in saying that i saw about 20 in my back garden last week digging for beasties, so I'm hoping they'll keep growing in number. Wee scrawny diggers
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #25
dac54

Yeah,don't know what folk have got against pigeons,they're harmless creatures,I even feed a couple of mice that run around the garden ,though i reckon some neighbours would be pretty pissed off if they knew that.

Old 23-01-2016, 06:46 PM   #26
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac54 View Post
Yeah,don't know what folk have got against pigeons,they're harmless creatures,I even feed a couple of mice that run around the garden ,though i reckon some neighbours would be pretty pissed off if they knew that.
Our neighbours would have us run out of town I imagine if they knew we feed the hated fox. I love the hated fox. I'm always for the underdog, or underfox, underpigeon, underdeer and so on. The number of times I've met people who hiss and spit about deer, badgers, foxes, pigeons, seagulls, magpies...I think they're brainwashed. They give me the party line i.e. they're all vermin! Vermin I tell ya!!! Vermin wot will eat your heart out!! Except they don't!

A badger used to come round to eat the cat food we left out for the neighbour's cat who used to come round for free brekkie, lunch and supper. He was beautiful, and very clumsy in his manner. Neighbour's cat has now moved in, so food isn't always left out now.

Oh, you know the hated leylandii tree? I've seen about 20 goldfinches eating things off it. Probably a certain kind of bug? But there you go..... people hate those trees, but love goldfinches....why not have some leylandiis but keep them in check heightwise?

See this I found on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJKlauPWsAAKepA.jpg

Caption:
Quote:
Look what I found hiding in my Leylandii hedges! #goldfinch #chicks

Last edited by tildatod; 23-01-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 28-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #27
dac54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildatod View Post
Our neighbours would have us run out of town I imagine if they knew we feed the hated fox. I love the hated fox. I'm always for the underdog, or underfox, underpigeon, underdeer and so on. The number of times I've met people who hiss and spit about deer, badgers, foxes, pigeons, seagulls, magpies...I think they're brainwashed. They give me the party line i.e. they're all vermin! Vermin I tell ya!!! Vermin wot will eat your heart out!! Except they don't!

A badger used to come round to eat the cat food we left out for the neighbour's cat who used to come round for free brekkie, lunch and supper. He was beautiful, and very clumsy in his manner. Neighbour's cat has now moved in, so food isn't always left out now.

Oh, you know the hated leylandii tree? I've seen about 20 goldfinches eating things off it. Probably a certain kind of bug? But there you go..... people hate those trees, but love goldfinches....why not have some leylandiis but keep them in check heightwise?

See this I found on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJKlauPWsAAKepA.jpg

Caption:
I used to feed a fox that roamed the gardens looking for food...You could see it crossing a field at the back coming out from trees bordering a railway line....that's where it's family was holed up...stopped though for fear that my dog ran into it out back and they squared up.

Old 28-01-2016, 05:51 PM   #28
peabrain
Inactive

Quote:
I used to feed a fox that roamed the gardens looking for food...You could see it crossing a field at the back coming out from trees bordering a railway line....that's where it's family was holed up...stopped though for fear that my dog ran into it out back and they squared up.
I love foxes, not to be messed with though I think he'd have kept away from dog, as long as he wasn't cornered he'd likely sense the dog and stay away.

I'd hope
peabrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #29
tildatod
Banned

Quote:
I have yet to meet a bold fox, I mean bold enough to come within a few yards of me. All the foxes here are super shy. We once put a night vision camera out to see them, and they saw the red light on them, and freaked. Grabbed the food and ran.

We did have a youngster clowning around a few summers around. We named her Poirot. She looked french. She sort of swooshed around, and hid in the shrubs when the bigger foxes came along.
Old 29-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #30
dac54

Bloody birds....fed already this morning but hassling me for more...ended up putting some pasta on...lol..

Old 08-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #31
techman

I wonder who doesn't feed birds in their garden? I bet we all do at some point. I never gave that much thought about not feeding them and then becoming reliant on humans, and rather that they should do what's natural, which is to search for food for themselves. But we don't live in a fair world and wildlife habitats are disappearing which is making food sources scarce. Of course the usual mainstream TV wildlife no-it-alls will say WE are the blame with overpopulation, and it's not just Attenborough that promotes that. British wildlife "expert" Chris Packham, who presents Spring watch, has also stated, quote: "In a 2010 interview with The Daily Telegraph, Packham stated, "The human population is sowing the seeds of a mass extinction event," and "The fact is there is not enough space". "The excessive demands of the growing population is having a disastrous effect on biodiversity. There are too many of us taking too much too quickly," he said. "We need to do something about it."[26] In 2012 Packham stated, "The single most important thing is not climate change but human population ... we have to find a means of regulating the population so we can prosper as a species... We haven't got unlimited space because we've only one planet..

Another idiot talking nonsense(?). At least he's proactive against fox hunting and preservation of sanctuaries, but arent they always. As soon as they open their mouths about man made global warming being nonsense (as in the case of David Bellamy), they're never seen again.
techman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #32
cosmic tramp

I'd disagree with that, apparently even with our vast population (7 Billion ) ? We still only dwell on 10% of the world's surface. Resources may be another matter, but even with that I think there's plenty. It's the means of distribution that are at fault. I understand USA alone has enough food to feed its peoples five times over...that's before you even get to feeding garden birds (...which the Romans used to eat plucked and whole incidentally, as a pastry covered hand held snack). Perhaps we're fattening our future ornithological larder without realising it...

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 08-02-2016 at 04:33 PM.
cosmic tramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #33
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Feeding the birds,obsession or no choice?
I think it's a mind control by birds.
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 05:11 PM   #34
elshaper
Inactive

Quote:
Bloody birds....fed already this morning but hassling me for more...ended up putting some pasta on...lol..
How do you know it's the same lot? Could have been that group A told group B and they came to see you. Or do you spot the same bird? e.g. you start to recognise each bird by their markings..... this is what I do with squirrels. They are all different!
elshaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #35
stargategazer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1033 View Post
Yep, you should never feed birds near your home.

If you really want to, goto a park if you live in a city, or a near by field if you live in a rural place.

But yep, i agree its a bad idea to feed birds in your back yard. But thats your own personal choice.
Why is it a bad idea Andy?
I feed the birds in my garden every day and have done since a child. Have changed gardens and birds a few times mind you.
I can't imagine not ever doing so but each to their own.

Last edited by agentofconsciousness; 08-02-2016 at 06:05 PM.
stargategazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #36
derekbuttery

It's become an obsession with us, and a great way to watch them. My boys 'recycled' part of a tree to construct a more natural looking place to hold the bird feeders / bird bath rather than the clinical metal / plastic poles.
Old 27-05-2016, 12:32 AM   #37
them

Compliment your bird feeding by planting sunflowers if you have space. Good for both the Birds & the Bees.

Swifts are in the shit a bit as far as nesting habitat goes so they'll love you if you give them an option by putting up a few boxes. Sparrow boxes too, please.

Old 27-05-2016, 06:29 AM   #38
rooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic tramp View Post
Another thing on the old bird feeding lark, is how much of it is a Western indulgence ? Whilst working in Poland I brought over a seed feeder from UK for my flat balcony. My Polish colleagues were bemused as to what it was, followed by the question,

"But WHY do you feed the birds ?"

This coming from a peoples who've literally had to struggle for every mouthful throughout their history, the very idea of spending good money to feed birds they found quite incredulous.

more birdshit = more bugs = more food for plants and animals + better soil = ??? Profit ?

Old 27-05-2016, 07:26 AM   #39
knightofalbion

Heartening that there are so many kind-hearted people on the forum!
I salute you.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
knightofalbion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #40
cosmic tramp

We have a resident Peregrine Falcon where I live. Sets a fine example. Totally self supporting. It has a diving speed of 200mph ( equal to that of a German Stuka dive bomber). Probably the most powerful bird in the world. At that speed its talons can (and often do) take a pigeon's head clean off. Do you feel lucky. Punk ? With its family of four chicks the local Falcon has to date devoured over 150 pigeons and assorted smaller birds and rodents for itself and its fledgling family. Landed on my roof once, totally unresponsive to my cooings of admiration and impassively stared me out as if to say: "You're dinner." Looks like I'll be feeding the birds with myself soon !

Last edited by cosmic tramp; 27-05-2016 at 10:09 AM.
cosmic tramp is online now   Reply With Quote