Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 25-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
mister

Default Vitimins do they really work?

Now I have taken various vitimins over the years
And I have to say I think there a waste of money
Has anyone here taken vitimins pills and found any positive benifits
If so which ones and what benifits ?
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #2
rowantk

Ive never been sure. Taken a few different types, even the really expensive 'mutts nuts' ones. Its hard to say......while taking them your'll never know if youve been exposed to any bug which they've helped fight off?
rowantk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
noncooperation

Been an issue for me for years now - not taken any since - used to take lots - maybe i aged less i don't know - but i was also drinking distilled water for 20 years also, so hard to tell what worked or not.

One thing for sure though, someone is making a lot of money on these vit tablets, they are very expensive!

These days i maintain a good health by eating what i enjoy and being happy. Fuck any rules, just avoid the obvious crap, but eat WITHOUT rules!

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
pac1
Inactive

I often take high dose vitamin c when I feel run down but find it more beneficial when I get the vit c and zinc together rather than vit c alone.
pac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
grandmasterp
Banned

If you are over 50 one multivit n mineral horse pill a day can't hurt but anyone younger and fitter eating a well balanced diet shouldn't need 'em.
Cheapest is best, your kidneys and liver get rid of any crap.
grandmasterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
noncooperation

I just realised I have been less ill since not taking supplements that when i was taking them.

I did do 14 liver flushes though in between which must have done something for detoxing and digesting food better - recommend to all by the way.

There 'should be' 1000's of REAL, high quality photograph's of earth from space/moon all over the internet - WHERE ARE THEY?!
noncooperation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 02:46 AM   #7
motleyhoo

Do vitamins work? That ENTIRELY depends on the quality of the vitamin and what it's made of. Most vitamins are conglomerates of isolated chemicals. They pass right thru your body, because your body does not know what to do with them, and subsequently turn your pee bright yellow.

IMO, if you really want to take a multi, you're better off spending more for one made of whole foods and herbs. Those One-A-Day type vitamins are pure junk.

The real issue however is, are you receiving all that you need from your diet. 99% of us are not because the food we eat, even the organic, is grown in soil that was long ago depleted of vitamins, minerals, and trace elements.

"Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it ... It is not a field of a few acres of ground, but a cause, that we are defending, and whether we defeat the enemy in one battle, or by degrees, the consequences will be the same." -- Thomas Paine
motleyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #8
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac1
I often take high dose vitamin c when I feel run down but find it more beneficial when I get the vit c and zinc together rather than vit c alone.
Very good,vitamin C is excellent!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
quest_ion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noncooperation View Post
I just realised I have been less ill since not taking supplements that when i was taking them.

I did do 14 liver flushes though in between which must have done something for detoxing and digesting food better - recommend to all by the way.
Hello

How do you do a liver flush? I'm detoxing at the minute just by drinking plenty of water, what is the difference?
quest_ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
farros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
I think the problem with vitamin pills is that people think they can eat stodgy foods for most of the time, and remedy it by popping a few vitamin pills. I've got mates who think like this. You're better off just eating good in general ie a variety of fruits and veg. I doubt vitamin pills will do a thing if you're living on bacon and egg sandwiches.

Last edited by farros; 26-01-2013 at 09:25 PM.
farros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
maxine

Quote:
I have learnt from infinite consciousness - that you will die - when you die! You can prolong things, with a healthier life style - but if, "they" choose you for death - then your time is up!! Five year olds with cancer - don't have the privilege of vitamins!!

Last edited by maxine; 26-01-2013 at 09:37 PM.
maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
marcusejc

Most multivitamin pills are a waste of money simply because they don't contain ENOUGH of each nutrient. Most just contain the RDA levels, but RDA's are just arbitrary levels that stop the average person from getting severe deficiency diseases such as scurvy or rickets. So, if you don't have a severe deficiency disease, and you only take the RDA, then you will be unlikely to notice any benefit.

The optimum amounts for nutrients is often far higher than the RDAs.

I did an article on my website where I analysed the levels of all nutrients in a whole bunch of multivitamin supplements, and most turned out to have pathetically low levels of vitamins and minerals. Only a few actually had decent optimum levels:

http://healthandhappinesstips.com/wh...al-supplement/

So, if you walk into somewhere like Holland and Barrett and just pick up their Radiance multivitamin, or go into Tesco and get their A-Z multivitamin,, these won't really do anything for you, and you will end up thinking that supplements are a waste of time and money. It would be a very different story if you instead bought yourself the Solgar VM-2000, which is a pretty hardcore supplement. Even Holland and Barrett's Super One supplement is FAR better than their own Radiance supplement, so brand isn't always a certain guide. You really have to check the ingredients and know your nutrient levels. The average consumer would be clueless.

So the answer to your question is both YES and NO, depending a lot on the AMOUNT of each nutrient in a particular supplement.

Last edited by marcusejc; 28-01-2013 at 12:22 PM.
marcusejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #13
thommo

Quote:
The clue is in the name - Vital Minerals.

Vitamins are essential to healthy living. You should get as many as possible through healthy eating but if that is not possible, natural (non synthetic) vitamins are best.

thommo

http://conspoetry.wordpress.com
Where conspiracies and poetry collide
thommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #14
quest_ion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by farros View Post
I think the problem with vitamin pills is that people think they can eat stodgy foods for most of the time, and remedy it by popping a few vitamin pills. I've got mates who think like this. You're better off just eating good in general ie a variety of fruits and veg. I doubt vitamin pills will do a thing if you're living on bacon and egg sandwiches.
Agree. You need a clean healthy body to start with. So it can take the ingriedients.
quest_ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
Shiyoken
Premier Subscribers

Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements do have their place in Humanity's quest to set sails for the stars. They are also permit-able in harsh/un-natural environments, where there isn't plentiful of wholesome natural foods to be eaten or brought with.

Just some information and example of certain types of supplement-grades that adequately support one's dietary regime or destroys it lol: http://resully.com/natural-supplemen...n-supplements/

Quote:

Before I go on to explain the 3 types of vitamins, I would like to credit this information and article to Brooke Thomas-Shaklee Distributor. Her link is here: http://www.bthealthsource.com/blog/2...ellus-iaculis/ The following is from Brooke:

There is such a HUGE difference between buying a synthetic vitamin and a whole-food vitamin. The biggest difference is the way you feel. People have told me that they don’t feel different on the vitamins they are taking. There IS a reason for this. It’s because usually the vitamin they are taking is synthetic and potentially toxic to the body. The live enzyme in the synthetic vitamin never existed, therefore your body does not benefit from the vitamin.

Why Can’t I Just Get The Cheap Vitamins?
I truly believe that you “get what you pay for.” I also believe that what you put into your body needs to be the highest quality that is available. So many times, we miss the mark of where to spend our money. We pay $5.00 for a cup of Starbucks coffee, but will complain about spending an extra $1.00-$2.00 on organic food! It is the same for vitamins. If you truly want to feel different and put a supplement that is going to feed and improve your cell’s health, it needs to be an organic, whole food vitamin.

Don’t They All Do The Same Thing?

Below is a list of the 3 types of vitamins and where you would find them:

1. Test Tube or Synthetic (**Usually drug store or discount store vitamins)-made in a test tube in a lab, to resemble the real thing. This is toxic to the body and does more harm than good.

**Imagine a Plastic Lemon from the store with juice in it. This is the Plastic lemon with NO juice. That is basically what you are eating if you take this type of vitamin!

No enzymes
Man-made
Inorganic substances
Stimulant
Side Effects
Can actually be more harmful to your health to take!

2. Crystalline or Extracted (**Usually a health food store variety)-These start out natural, but are heated through processing, so all live enzymes are killed. You end up with a partially live vitamin, if live at all. Most of these have harsh binders and fillers, plastic coatings, and some contain tar.
**This is the Plastic Lemon with juice. IF you can get past the plastic coating, there is a little bit of real stuff there. However, the juice has been heated so it’s not really like drinking it fresh squeezed.

Weak enzymes
Uses chemical and heat extraction
Organic substances (low quality raw materials)
Stimulant
Imbalanced
Harsh binder and fillers

3. Natural/Unaltered (**Shaklee food supplements and other whole food supplements)-Cold pressured to extract the vitamins, all enzymes remain alive so you get something as close to nature as possible.
**This is the REAL lemon…unaltered and fresh. What’s inside is alive and natural.

Strong enzymatic action
Low heat, low pressure process
Organic substances
Feeds and improves cell’s health
Balanced
Contains essential unknown nutrients

**X brands need only 10% natural ingredients to legally be classified as “All Natural.” Shaklee food supplements are 100% natural!
For the reasons above, my family has chosen Shaklee supplements. My husband and I both take the RX for a Healthier Life and truly feel the difference! We both have sustained energy through the day and don’t get that afternoon energy lapse like we used to. An extra bonus is that Shaklee also has the best products for our children. It is so important that we start a great foundation at a young age to give our children the best possible start in life!

Your Resident Health Nut,

We are Linear by Design! Dynamic by Nature!
Shiyoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
allure

Specific vitamins can be taken to address specific ailments, and they do work.

For an all rounder, I find this to be a great one - http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr.../10530421.html

The best I've ever found actually.
Old 30-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #17
marcusejc

Quote:
Originally Posted by allure View Post
Specific vitamins can be taken to address specific ailments, and they do work.

For an all rounder, I find this to be a great one - http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr.../10530421.html

The best I've ever found actually.
Yes, that does look good. Much higher levels of nutrients than most multivitamins have. I see it also has Ginkgo and Ginseng, which is good.
marcusejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #18
mister

If vitimins worked I think you could prove it,
Example fish oils heard it said many times there good for the brain
Where's the proof ?
There is none and guess what someone's making lots of money out of this crap!
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #19
eibsnews

Why do people keep buying these supplements. Unless you have a health concern there is no reason to be wasting your money on this shit. Just go outside every so often in the sun, eat fruit and exercise. You'll be fine. Consuming 100x your Vitamin C dose in a day can't be too great for you.
eibsnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #20
fishin
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by farros View Post
Fresh bacon from organic free range pork and eggs from organic free range chickens is about as healthy and nutritious a simple diet as you can have.
fishin is offline   Reply With Quote