Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 20-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
sheepy

When I lived in Russia, a friend of mine suggested that a good way to test whether or not one has sufficient iodine is to do a simple home iodine skin test (by applying a drop of iodine on your arm and observing how fast it disappears). The Russias swear by it.

However, Western consultants are more cynical of such tests for reasons outlined in the article below:

http://thyroid.about.com/library/derry/bl2a.htm
sheepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
What name is T3 marketed under? Apologies if this seems like a dumb question but I am still rather new to all of this.
I'm not sure. I do not even know if you can get it in the UK.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha

www.thrivingaudios.com
mark1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #23
mark1963

Quote:
When I lived in Russia, a friend of mine suggested that a good way to test whether or not one has sufficient iodine is to do a simple home iodine skin test (by applying a drop of iodine on your arm and observing how fast it disappears). The Russias swear by it.

However, Western consultants are more cynical of such tests for reasons outlined in the article below:

http://thyroid.about.com/library/derry/bl2a.htm
I've not heard about that before.

I'll try it with some Lugol's.
“Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” - Buddha

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 20-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #24
21_12_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom1st View Post
Are you currently taking thyroxine by any chance. I ask because I take this and I understand that if you also take iodine you could be putting yourself at risk. I guess it's a case of replacing one with the other.
I'm off to see a consultant on Monday to try to get a natural alternative, I'm not holding my breath though. If the consultant doesn't come up with anything then I will probably stop taking the thyroxine and order the natural stuff.
No, I've never taken thyroxine. Thanks for the info though.
21_12_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
devinet01

Default MMS1 and hyper-thyroïd

Hi from France

My sister had serious hyper-thyroïd problems especially 2 months ago with classic symptoms. No improvement of her TSH rate (which was very low : 0,007) in spite of the drugs her endocrinologue gave her. I told my sister about mms1 and she eventually tried it. The analyses result, one week after absorbing it, was astonishing:

Her TSH rate rose up to 0,118 and 10 days after it went up to 2,248 uUI/ml. (the minimum indicated on the analyse results being of 0,350 and the maximum of 4,940 -- NOTA : maybe those figures are different in other countries)

Now, it is always stabilized. She is currently at 6 drops of mms1 twice a day.
devinet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #26
freedom1st

Quote:
Currently, I am only taking the Thyroxine. I have just been put on L-Thyroxine 25mg for two weeks after which it will go up to 50mg. I am then to go back to my endocrynologist at the end of 3 months for further tests to see whether or not a higher dose will be required thereafter. But like you would eventually like to replace the thyroxine with a natural remedy as I am not entirely sure what the long term effects of this drug are. I even read somewhere that it may cause breast cancer when used over a long period of time

You are right about not taking both at the same time though as I did ask my consultant about this.
You're on the same meds as me but I take 150mg a day (I did start off on a lower dose like you are now). These meds are T4 which are not very good from what I can gather, and they have been found to cause depression and anxiety - this is why I got a referral to the consultant to see if I could get something better, or ideally natural, prescribed on the NHS. If I can't then I will have to pay for the better option myself - I think it'll be worth it.
freedom1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #27
freedom1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1963 View Post
I'm not sure. I do not even know if you can get it in the UK.
Yes you can. My GP said they do sometimes prescribe T3. I'll be asking the consultant about it before deciding to go with that or the more natural option.
Old 20-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #28
freedom1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinet01 View Post
Hi from France

My sister had serious hyper-thyroïd problems especially 2 months ago with classic symptoms. No improvement of her TSH rate (which was very low : 0,007) in spite of the drugs her endocrinologue gave her. I told my sister about mms1 and she eventually tried it. The analyses result, one week after absorbing it, was astonishing:

Her TSH rate rose up to 0,118 and 10 days after it went up to 2,248 uUI/ml. (the minimum indicated on the analyse results being of 0,350 and the maximum of 4,940 -- NOTA : maybe those figures are different in other countries)

Wow! I've got some mms in my fridge (been waiting for an outbreak of something before taking it). It's been there for months, perhaps I'll give it a go.
Old 20-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #29
mark1963

Quote:
Hi from France

Yes, the Doctor on the C2C program talks about it. It is very good apparently.

I must get some.

Thanks for sharing.

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 20-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #30
sheepy

Quote:
Hi from France

Wow! First time I've heard of it! Thanks for sharing!
sheepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #31
mark1963

The best product I have heard about for iodine is Lugol's Iodine - available on the web.

3 drops is equivalent to the 12mg you need daily.

People with mercury fillings would need up to 50mg per day it has been found.

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 20-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #32
mark1963

I am bumping this - it needs to be at the top for at least 24 hours.

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 20-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #33
urbanmonk

What do folks mean by T3 is that basically saying they will take Armour Thyroid?
urbanmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #34
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanmonk View Post
What do folks mean by T3 is that basically saying they will take Armour Thyroid?
Can you get armour anymore - I thought it was synthoid now.

No, T3 is part of the whole thyroid complex, it is the active molecule but not the whole.

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 20-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #35
pegcityevolve

Wow I never knew you ever needed this much iodine. I did read up on it before which motivated me to get my mom to get sea salt instead (which is synthetic iodine probably..) and to buy pure water. I also started ordering Vita Synergy for my nutrients as I found there was no iodine in my store bought one at all. There is 150mcg of real organic iodine in each serving. Which is obviously nothing to 12mg.

Any good suppliers for canada, that do paypal?

Last edited by pegcityevolve; 20-03-2010 at 08:45 PM.
pegcityevolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #36
urbanmonk

Quote:
Can you get armour anymore - I thought it was synthoid now.

No, T3 is part of the whole thyroid complex, it is the active molecule but not the whole.
Well it would be better trying to get blood from a stone than trying to get a Doc to prescribe you Armour, afaik it is still available but you might need to try alternate sources (mexican online pharmacy)
urbanmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #37
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcityevolve View Post
Wow I never knew you ever needed this much iodine. I did read up on it before which motivated me to get my mom to get sea salt instead (which is synthetic iodine probably..) and to buy pure water. I also started ordering Vita Synergy for my nutrients as I found there was no iodine in my store bought one at all. There is 150mcg of real organic iodine in each serving. Which is obviously nothing to 12mg.

Any good suppliers for canada, that do paypal?
Unprocessed organic sea salt is good - just not much iodine in it.

150mcg is nothing - waste of money.

Go online and search for Lugol's Iodine - it's on ebay as well.

The PTB are deliberately destroying our health by limiting and denying iodine in our diets - as well as the use of fluoride, mercury, chlorine, bromine.

www.thrivingaudios.com

Last edited by mark1963; 20-03-2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old 20-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #38
pegcityevolve

Yes I would of thought so, I only purchased it for all the organic whole-food vitamins, minerals, herbs, flowers, and spices and for at least having some iodine.

I will definitely check out Lugol's iodine on ebay, thanks for the suggestion!

Would this be a good one to order?

Last edited by pegcityevolve; 20-03-2010 at 09:43 PM.
pegcityevolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #39
mark1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcityevolve View Post
Yes I would of thought so, I only purchased it for all the organic whole-food vitamins, minerals, herbs, flowers, and spices and for at least having some iodine.

I will definitely check out Lugol's iodine on ebay, thanks for the suggestion!

Would this be a good one to order?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...OMOBOX:NEWLIST

A better one is 7% solution - 3 drops 12mg.

www.thrivingaudios.com
Old 21-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #40
fekdemasons

Cool

Quote:
I have been researching the Thyroid gland recently, so imagine my happiness when Coast 2 Coast broadcast a whole program about it.

We are being deliberately stripped of iodine in our diets.

Fluoride (water, toothpaste, etc), Chloride (Water, washing up liquid, detergent, cleaning products) Bromide (white flour products, bread, cakes, etc) are in the same group on the periodic table as iodine.

They substitute themselves very easily for iodine in the thyroid molecule.

A blood test from your doctor will show a normal thyroid test, but, the thyroid molecule is no longer iodine based and so the molecule is ineffective.

In other words - EVERYONE - will have thyroid deficiencies.

Thyroid is the underlying cause for our health in EVERY process in the human body.

A lack of it will lead to EVERY disease we see today - Alzheimer's, ADD, heart disease, diabetes, cataracts, arthritis - you name it, a lack of thyroid will act as a catalyst for all diseases in every case.

Iodine was dropped from vitamins and minerals in the late 80's and this was carried out obstensively because iodine was dangerous. Looking back on this decision it is utter BS.

Iodine in the mg range is perfectly safe and is massively needed by the body.

We need at least 12mg (Japanese diet) of iodine daily. We are lucky to get 1mg daily in our western diets - and if our food is non-organic then the fertilisers used in production will destroy that.

Kelp is only 54mg per 100gm, so getting it from that may be a problem. Iodised salt is no good, wrong type of iodine, does not get absorbed by the body. Organic unprocessed Sea Salt does have good iodine in it, but, not alot.

Please check this link on iodine:

Iodine - Why We Need It

This link is the link to the Coast 2 Coast program, please listen to it all, there is a mass of information, especially about the UK blood test:

Coast 2 Coast - 9/3/2010 - Thyroid

Here is another excellent site:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

The best product I have heard about for iodine is Lugol's Iodine - available on the web.

3 drops is equivalent to the 12mg you need daily.

People with mercury fillings would need up to 50mg per day it has been found.
Fuck , I have 6 or 7 amalgam fillings , DO I NEED 350MGS A DAY ??

"Confucius say... Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok."
fekdemasons is offline   Reply With Quote