Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 15-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
biblegirl

Default Let's Explore Sleep Paralysis Etc.

IMO there are different kinds of paralysis. In most of the threads here, it seems that posters' opinions are that there is only one cause for this phenomenon, and any other conclusions on it are misunderstandings. Some try to explain it away in scientific or psychological terms, some think it always means evil. What I would like to see is an openness that there is more than one type, not just one or the other. It seems the people who have experienced one type and not the other, dismiss the other as a false explanation. I used to think this way, because I had type 2 before I ever experienced type 1, and believe me I got a little miffed that people tried to explain away this entity crushing down on me as a product of my mind . I can say with confidence that there are at least two different kinds because I have experienced both of them.

Type 1: OBE/Astral Travel: Your astral self is not yet fully connected to your physical self, so until it is fully back in your body, you cannot move. Sometimes you can see around you. Nothing sinister about this, it's just annoying.

Type 2: In the presence of an entity: There is an entity on top of you, crushing down on you, or merely near you or observing you, and you cannot move. Scary.

Regarding the second type, I have seen many reports where "ET's", or even bigfoot, are present at a distance, and the human observing them is paralyzed. Note that these beings do not need to be physically touching the person for this to happen. My theory on this, is that it all has to do with frequency. I used to think that these beings were merely jerks who purposefully paralyzed us to scare us, or do whatever. Now I am wondering if it is the frequency of the otherdimensional being that is paralyzing us (we are not usually mobile in the presence of that frequency), and our resulting paralysis is not necessarily their intent. There are many accounts in the Bible where the prophets have encounters with angels/messengers, and the prophets become completely paralyzed, until the angel physically touches them, almost as if bringing the human into their frequency to function there. In the case of sinister entities, I am open to the idea that they intentionally paralyze their prey, but I am leaning more to the concept that this is just a by-product of their presence affecting our reality. Are there more kinds of paralysis? What do you think?
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
metacomet

Hmm excellent points... yes maybe paralysis in paranormal encounters has to do with the paranormal creatures who are present affecting the witnesses consciousness with their vibration.

I've had sleep paralysis a few times and the hyper-visionary state of it is intense, along with hearing sounds and all of the sensations, it's unmistakably an 'in-between' state from the dreamworld and waking world...

but another incident I had in the middle of the night, sleep paralysis was involved but something was on my back and I got into a sort of 'fight' for my soul with whatever entity it was. These kind of experiences I have heard mentioned elsewhere including on these boards. I agree it's a frustrating thing for others to explain it as sleep paralysis when the sleep paralysis is only one part of the experience...

If we tranquilized wild animals to work with them, imagine the wild animal coming to and telling other animals about what happened. When the animal mentions that we held him down, tagged him, stuck needles in him etc. other animals wouldn't say 'Oh you just imagined all of that... it's part of sleep paralysis.' But we humans find it every easy to do that... to just write things off.
metacomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
talulah
Inactive

Ive experienced this too.I read that it can be stress related.At the time i thought i was going mad.I didnt know what was hapening to me.I was powerless and terrified.

http://www.castleofspirits.com/sleepparalysis.html
talulah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
xpleet

Nice post.

In the book I'm reading right now from Robert Bruce, he writes that Sleep Paralysis (he calls it Waking Paralysis) is actually the mind waking up in the state of being dissociated from it's body while an OBE is ongoing at the same time.

It makes sense since apaprently the physical body can not move while it's astral body is out and remains in a coma state until it has returned.
This is so I believe, because the original copy of the incarnate host-consciousness is stored in the astral body imo.

To really grasp this, you have to understand his description of what the author calls the Mind Split, that you don't really leave your body but you create multiple energetic doubles of your mind (and body) all operating at the same time at different dimensions.
According to him, the one lasting memory of an experience of a specific time such as sleep paralysis, OBE, dream or astral projection is only an imprint of ONE of the many experiences the many "you's" (copies of yourself) have simultaneously, with only the select one (most dominant and often the lowest) of these being permanently stored in the brain since the brain can apparently store only 1 memory for one time period, not multiple at once.
We experience a lot of things it seems and sadly >90% of this is never remembered because of the filtration and conception processing of our brains.
And on a higher layer it seems that there are actually multiple copies of our incarnate host-consciousness living at the same time and incarnated in many different bodies in different points in time.

Anyway, it's unusual for the physical-body aspect of you to wake-up, paralyzed while you have projected aspects of you traveling up high in the other dimensions.
I think it has happened to me one atleast one occasion I can remember, short intervals of switching awareness between asleep or paralyzed physical body and dream body.
"The desire for liberation from Darkness burns deeply within all children of the True Creator of Light. This yearning for liberation is NOT a psychological escapism. It is something that all True-Light beings have within themselves. They all long for their return to their True Home." - Amitakh http://xeeatwelve.com/

Last edited by xpleet; 15-10-2009 at 11:09 PM.
xpleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:01 AM   #5
peace sells

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
IMO there are different kinds of paralysis. In most of the threads here, it seems that posters' opinions are that there is only one cause for this phenomenon, and any other conclusions on it are misunderstandings. Some try to explain it away in scientific or psychological terms, some think it always means evil. What I would like to see is an openness that there is more than one type, not just one or the other. It seems the people who have experienced one type and not the other, dismiss the other as a false explanation. I used to think this way, because I had type 2 before I ever experienced type 1, and believe me I got a little miffed that people tried to explain away this entity crushing down on me as a product of my mind . I can say with confidence that there are at least two different kinds because I have experienced both of them.

Type 1: OBE/Astral Travel: Your astral self is not yet fully connected to your physical self, so until it is fully back in your body, you cannot move. Sometimes you can see around you. Nothing sinister about this, it's just annoying.

Type 2: In the presence of an entity: There is an entity on top of you, crushing down on you, or merely near you or observing you, and you cannot move. Scary.

Regarding the second type, I have seen many reports where "ET's", or even bigfoot, are present at a distance, and the human observing them is paralyzed. Note that these beings do not need to be physically touching the person for this to happen. My theory on this, is that it all has to do with frequency. I used to think that these beings were merely jerks who purposefully paralyzed us to scare us, or do whatever. Now I am wondering if it is the frequency of the otherdimensional being that is paralyzing us (we are not usually mobile in the presence of that frequency), and our resulting paralysis is not necessarily their intent. There are many accounts in the Bible where the prophets have encounters with angels/messengers, and the prophets become completely paralyzed, until the angel physically touches them, almost as if bringing the human into their frequency to function there. In the case of sinister entities, I am open to the idea that they intentionally paralyze their prey, but I am leaning more to the concept that this is just a by-product of their presence affecting our reality. Are there more kinds of paralysis? What do you think?
I have experienced type two, it used to happen to me quite often though not so much anymore im glad to say. It felt like i was being pinned down, like my chest was being sat on and i would struggle to breathe, unable to call out for help, i could feel something there, stood over me and i would fight to wake up and it would feel like forever until i could open my eyes again.
Not a pleasant experience thats for sure.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
bluegrazz

I had this happen once and it was terrifying. I was probably 17 years old (about 17 years ago) and I slept downstairs in a "Basement" area (It had different rooms in it).

I woke up, completely paralyzed, couldn't move a muscle and it felt like something was pulling on my legs trying to pull me out of bed.

I heard my Mom doing laundry while this was happening (in the other room) and I was fighting and trying to scream for her but was trapped, couldn't move and things were pulling on me.

Finally I broke free of whatever- It was absolutely horrible and traumatic. Never happened again but the rest of my life I will remember that. It was complete terror and I hope it never happens again.

As to WHAT it is- I dont know. I have heard its the chemical your brain excretes to keep you from "acting out" your dreams while having them- I dont know. I dont believe in Demons or Aliens or what not but I swear something seemed to be trying to pull me out of bed.
bluegrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #7
pureheart

I experienced the second type ten years ago and I haven't been the same since. I was absolutely terrified and I had a real sense of something evil trying to hurt me.

I was in hospital after having my daughter (emergency c-section) and was medicated with morphene and co-proxamol. I was drifting off to sleep on the ward when I felt something sit on the mattress next to me. Initially I was pleased because I thought my husband had come in for an unexpected visit, but then I had a feeling of extreme dread as 'it' seemed to be crushing down on me. I could hear horrible screaming sounds and could 'see' hideous creatures rushing through the hospital corridors' but I could not move a muscle. Eventually I managed to move an eyelid and the sensation came rushing back to the rest of my body. Even when I was awake I was absolutely petrified and my husband had to come in (even though it was around 2am) to calm me down. The following day I was discharged from hospital (several days early) so that I could go home and try and get some sleep.

I never believed in demons or negative entities before that experience, but I certainly do now. I think that drugs allow you to sense creatures that you aren't normally aware of, or maybe they can sense you? The easiest way to explain it was it that it was something like going into 'the gloom' in the film Nightwatch.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
thelyran

...not in any of the two categories you mentioned,BG,the one that disturbed me from a child,until I mastered them at age 27,was being stuck in mollasses,
you are running,or trying to get away,and everything slows down,except thought,and you feel like you're running in jelly,or treacle,horrible,cause it raised the fear.
...It was this shadow creature,it never hurt me,but showed me what it does to other people,sucking them dry to a husk,it never made full physical form,but tortured other people,and showed me,just to disturb me.I never forgot that one.
...If I had dreams where I had to defend myself violently,it would'nt let me punch and kick too,until I met the satanist,then for the first time,I dreamt of killing and actually doing it,and their bodies would rise out of swamps,and I spend all this time,covering up my tracks and awake,frightened and not feeling right,like I did something really bad to my soul,they're laughing,idiots.
...the other,started at 3-4 yrs,where I woke,looking back down on myself,sleeping,and float out through the roof.Go over a cliff,and fall to the rocks below.This,is one of three re-occurring dreams,but ended,about 18.This dream,I would always wake,just before hitting the rocks,but get closer each time,at 18,I actually connected with the rocks,hit first,with my right shoulder,
and that was the last time,But the funny thing is,I was bruised and could not move that shoulder for a week,strange that one.I've awoken to fighting teddy bears,and had scratches on my face and bleeding,that was at age 26,
pretty wild...take care dear,Jase
Old 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM   #9
talulah
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelyran View Post
...not in any of the two categories you mentioned,BG,the one that disturbed me from a child,until I mastered them at age 27,was being stuck in mollasses,
you are running,or trying to get away,and everything slows down,except thought,and you feel like you're running in jelly,or treacle,horrible,cause it raised the fear.
...It was this shadow creature,it never hurt me,but showed me what it does to other people,sucking them dry to a husk,it never made full physical form,but tortured other people,and showed me,just to disturb me.I never forgot that one.
...If I had dreams where I had to defend myself violently,it would'nt let me punch and kick too,until I met the satanist,then for the first time,I dreamt of killing and actually doing it,and their bodies would rise out of swamps,and I spend all this time,covering up my tracks and awake,frightened and not feeling right,like I did something really bad to my soul,they're laughing,idiots.
...the other,started at 3-4 yrs,where I woke,looking back down on myself,sleeping,and float out through the roof.Go over a cliff,and fall to the rocks below.This,is one of three re-occurring dreams,but ended,about 18.This dream,I would always wake,just before hitting the rocks,but get closer each time,at 18,I actually connected with the rocks,hit first,with my right shoulder,
and that was the last time,But the funny thing is,I was bruised and could not move that shoulder for a week,strange that one.I've awoken to fighting teddy bears,and had scratches on my face and bleeding,that was at age 26,
pretty wild...take care dear,Jase
Ive heard about these shadow creatures before too.You mentioned the violent dream you had.I had a similar dream where it felt like i had the sleep paralysis but after a great deal of effort i somehow manged to get on to the floor.It was like i was fighting some invisible force.I kept thinking about my daughter who was a baby at that time in the next room and i was terrified that whatever it was would get to her.I ended up kind of coming too,or wakening up in the hallway.I was out of breath and it was as if id been in a fight.It was so weird and affected me for a few weeks after.

Cheers.

T.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
thelyran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulah View Post
Ive heard about these shadow creatures before too.You mentioned the violent dream you had.I had a similar dream where it felt like i had the sleep paralysis but after a great deal of effort i somehow manged to get on to the floor.It was like i was fighting some invisible force.I kept thinking about my daughter who was a baby at that time in the next room and i was terrified that whatever it was would get to her.I ended up kind of coming too,or wakening up in the hallway.I was out of breath and it was as if id been in a fight.It was so weird and affected me for a few weeks after.

Cheers.

T.

whoa...good to see you to.I miss your Nessie avatar.There's similarities here,
but keep my war with aliens for a different thread.Now,I never witnessed this,but it happened in 1998,my daughter was'nt born yet,but partner was pregnant.I was coming hard off drugs at the time,and sleep patterns were pretty messed up.
...The door-way was open,and we were in one room together,all our kids stayed with us,until about 2-3,they got their own rooms,but still,to this day,won't sleep without the light on.
...My partner,who is very level headed,awoke to find a grey standing over us.
I sleep like concrete,bombs can go off,would'nt stir,she's light,and can talk to her as she sleeps.
...she telepathed it,"Ok,I recognise you,and don't wish harm or alarmed,but if you're here to hurt my child or Jase,you can just go in peace now"...and the thing evaporated.She was in two minds who it took an interest in.Now,what I tell you here,I dreamt of the greys before pop-culture or Whitely Streiber,at the age of 14.I had no books or videos,this was in the low 1980's.And they fight by emitting light from their bodies,and that pre-dates,Phil Schneider,
and when I seen his interview,the goose-bums and chill feelings I got,my jaw dropped,take care fair Scottish lady,regards Jason

Last edited by thelyran; 03-12-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
metacomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureheart View Post
I experienced the second type ten years ago and I haven't been the same since. I was absolutely terrified and I had a real sense of something evil trying to hurt me.

I was in hospital after having my daughter (emergency c-section) and was medicated with morphene and co-proxamol. I was drifting off to sleep on the ward when I felt something sit on the mattress next to me. Initially I was pleased because I thought my husband had come in for an unexpected visit, but then I had a feeling of extreme dread as 'it' seemed to be crushing down on me. I could hear horrible screaming sounds and could 'see' hideous creatures rushing through the hospital corridors' but I could not move a muscle. Eventually I managed to move an eyelid and the sensation came rushing back to the rest of my body. Even when I was awake I was absolutely petrified and my husband had to come in (even though it was around 2am) to calm me down. The following day I was discharged from hospital (several days early) so that I could go home and try and get some sleep.

I never believed in demons or negative entities before that experience, but I certainly do now. I think that drugs allow you to sense creatures that you aren't normally aware of, or maybe they can sense you? The easiest way to explain it was it that it was something like going into 'the gloom' in the film Nightwatch.
Oh no that's terrible... no mother should have go through that.

Hospitals are definitely crawling with non-physical beings and I hate to think of them being predatory but... as above, so below.

I broke both my arms when I was a kid and had to spend a couple weeks sleeping at the hospital... not fun.

Absolutely under the influence of any drug your consciousness has been mutated and you can witness things you probably shouldn't...

As for sleep paralysis I have had two different episodes, one where my energy-body was simply in the vibratory state between sleep and waking and I saw images flashing before my eyes (including a cross made of candles) and heard roaring energy. This is a combination of hypnagogic imagery and sleep paralysis as well as feeling the state experienced in astral projection (intense vibratory sensations).

That case, however, was different from this one: Which I had posted at abovetopsecret.com being a member at the time...

Quote:
I just want to say first that I have experienced sleep paralysis before and I remember seeing visions and feeling intense vibrations throughout my body. I also remember having my eyes open and super-imposed with these visions. My experience last night was nothing like the sleep paralysis I know of.

Last night I was 'attacked' either in a dream or in sleep paralysis. All I remember is becoming conscious (either lucid in the dream or consciously awake) asI felt something very heavy pushing down on my right side. It was something dark and I had the distinct impression that it had been feeding on me and that I had caught it in the act. I felt it was a conscious entity and immediately thoughts of a lower-dimensional 'thing' came to my mind.

It was like a whole portion of my vision had gone jet black even though I could see some light on my other side. I can consciously recall that this darkness was swarming over me and I could hear a 'roar' of energy. I know this sound very well from sleep paralysis and other phenomena concerning my astral body. This sound was coming from the darkness on top of me and not my own body. This sound was what I would imagine dark energy to sound like and it frightened me in that regard. I do not like to use the word demonic but whatever was creating the sound was hissing and growling in an aggressive manner.

I realized suddenly that this wasn't sleep paralysis and began struggling to push my arms out or push whatever was on top of me away. I did not began to panic but I knew that I was being attacked. I am not in any way used to psychic phenomena
or struggling with entities in my sleep so it surprised me to recall later that I had tried to consciously fill my body with light. I closed my eyes and began focusing on pure bright white light filling my body. I feel that I got far enough to fill some of my body with this light and that it repulsed the dark 'entity' - and this is where my memory ends.

I recalled this attack about 20 minutes after waking up this morning. It happened to me late in the night while I was deep asleep and I still don't know if I was awake or asleep. I feel very uncomfortable bringing up details of this event because I know that dark entities exist in the astral and I don't want to believe that I was visited by anything like that. I am hoping it was a dream about such entities and that I didn't actually experience this, but I know in my heart that I did I am starting to wonder if my sharp drop of spiritual practices has allowed this to happen to me. I never had experiences like this, or even nightmares, when I was practicing meditation and prayer. Now that I have stopped for over 5 months, I do have nightmares, and this is one of the worst experiences I've had in my sleep. It frightens me more that I could not remember what happened after fighting the entity off with light, and that I did not remember this event until late in the morning.

If anyone has experience with this sort of thing please alleviate my concern that this was a real attack. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
metacomet

As for the causes behind sleep paralysis: Again I feel there are different experiences of it.

When waking to feel that your body is numb and you have not 'integrated' into it yet - you may also feel vibrations and hear energy sounds (not always). This is the state referred to by physiologists as being between sleep and waking, where the motor complex in your physical brain has been deactivated to keep you from rolling out of a tree (because we were monkeys sleeping in trees don'tcha know) .... and also to keep us from kicking our bedmate in the spine while they sleep. Someone already pointed this out....

MY conception of sleep paralysis, especially when you discover the sensation of an entity being on you : is that during sleep the etheric/energy/astral body which is called your 'spirit' disconnects from your physical body and begins to vibrate on a different plane - this allows it to 'dream' where it navigates other non-physical realms and absorbs non-physical energies that are vital to our existence.

Without dreaming, not only do we go insane, but our vital forces and spiritual resevoir becomes sapped. This is again, considered completely medical by physiology but I have to argue that a big part of it is the sapping of the spirit. Sleep deprivation is used in mind control and other extreme punishment not only for it's affect on the mind...

In any case, when you are in the transitional state between exiting your energy body or are already in the state of disconnection with your physical body, you are suspect (unless protected) to interference from non-physical entities which may prey on your energetic body as any other animal in the physical world... again, as above, so below.

Some animals in the physical world purposefully terrify or stun their prey and are experts at recognizing the paralysis that fear induces. Certain species of snake are especially famous for being able to hypnotize prey and paralyze them with terror, overriding their survival mechanisms (the ability to run away). I would rather not get into how this correlates with reptilians... because it's just too obvious.

I can only imagine that beings working in the non-physical realm, are experts at creating this paralysis in us while attempting to feed on us. They are after all, inhabitants of a plane where emotions and thoughts are actual substances... they can literally 'smell blood' as a shark, but this blood is the wayward consciousness of a human being.

Does physiology support any of this? Of course not. Medical science and any other accepted scientific study can only be carried out with physical instruments. Physical instruments cannot measure non-physical objects.

They are perfectly capable of monitoring our physical brainwaves and activity, our pulse, etc. but you cannot physically measure where the energetic body goes or what is happening to it.

So why are there two wildly different classes of sleep paralysis?

Normal, and terrifying? I suppose it's up to us to come up with theories, or to research the study of others who have been in this position. Astral Projection specialists and schools cover the topic of non-physical predators in very matter of fact ways, because so many have encountered and dealt with them.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
talulah
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelyran View Post
whoa...good to see you to.I miss your Nessie avatar.There's similarities here,
but keep my war with aliens for a different thread.Now,I never witnessed this,but it happened in 1998,my daughter was'nt born yet,but partner was pregnant.I was coming hard off drugs at the time,and sleep patterns were pretty messed up.
...The door-way was open,and we were in one room together,all our kids stayed with us,until about 2-3,they got their own rooms,but still,to this day,won't sleep without the light on.
...My partner,who is very level headed,awoke to find a grey standing over us.
I sleep like concrete,bombs can go off,would'nt stir,she's light,and can talk to her as she sleeps.
...she telepathed it,"Ok,I recognise you,and don't wish harm or alarmed,but if you're here to hurt my child or Jase,you can just go in peace now"...and the thing evaporated.She was in two minds who it took an interest in.Now,what I tell you here,I dreamt of the greys before pop-culture or Whitely Streiber,at the age of 14.I had no books or videos,this was in the low 1980's.And they fight by emitting light from their bodies,and that pre-dates,Phil Schneider,
and when I seen his interview,the goose-bums and chill feelings I got,my jaw dropped,take care fair Scottish lady,regards Jason
Oh my god!Thats horrible.The wee ones may have seen the grey too.Its mad reading this because i can relate to what happened to you.I had an outer body experience when i was around 5 and there were 3 small beings in the room at the time.They appeared to be dressed in what looked like fancy dress to me.Years later when i read Whitleys books,i was amazed to read that the people who had these experiences linked it with alien abuduction and its thought that the greys dress themselves up when appearing to children so not to firghten them!

Ive just read Metacomets post,very intresting too.

Take care groovycat!

T
Old 03-12-2009, 05:18 PM   #14
talulah
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacomet View Post
As for the causes behind sleep paralysis: Again I feel there are different experiences of it.

When waking to feel that your body is numb and you have not 'integrated' into it yet - you may also feel vibrations and hear energy sounds (not always). This is the state referred to by physiologists as being between sleep and waking, where the motor complex in your physical brain has been deactivated to keep you from rolling out of a tree (because we were monkeys sleeping in trees don'tcha know) .... and also to keep us from kicking our bedmate in the spine while they sleep. Someone already pointed this out....

MY conception of sleep paralysis, especially when you discover the sensation of an entity being on you : is that during sleep the etheric/energy/astral body which is called your 'spirit' disconnects from your physical body and begins to vibrate on a different plane - this allows it to 'dream' where it navigates other non-physical realms and absorbs non-physical energies that are vital to our existence.

Without dreaming, not only do we go insane, but our vital forces and spiritual resevoir becomes sapped. This is again, considered completely medical by physiology but I have to argue that a big part of it is the sapping of the spirit. Sleep deprivation is used in mind control and other extreme punishment not only for it's affect on the mind...

In any case, when you are in the transitional state between exiting your energy body or are already in the state of disconnection with your physical body, you are suspect (unless protected) to interference from non-physical entities which may prey on your energetic body as any other animal in the physical world... again, as above, so below.

Some animals in the physical world purposefully terrify or stun their prey and are experts at recognizing the paralysis that fear induces. Certain species of snake are especially famous for being able to hypnotize prey and paralyze them with terror, overriding their survival mechanisms (the ability to run away). I would rather not get into how this correlates with reptilians... because it's just too obvious.

I can only imagine that beings working in the non-physical realm, are experts at creating this paralysis in us while attempting to feed on us. They are after all, inhabitants of a plane where emotions and thoughts are actual substances... they can literally 'smell blood' as a shark, but this blood is the wayward consciousness of a human being.

Does physiology support any of this? Of course not. Medical science and any other accepted scientific study can only be carried out with physical instruments. Physical instruments cannot measure non-physical objects.

They are perfectly capable of monitoring our physical brainwaves and activity, our pulse, etc. but you cannot physically measure where the energetic body goes or what is happening to it.

So why are there two wildly different classes of sleep paralysis?

Normal, and terrifying? I suppose it's up to us to come up with theories, or to research the study of others who have been in this position. Astral Projection specialists and schools cover the topic of non-physical predators in very matter of fact ways, because so many have encountered and dealt with them.
Fantastic post,thankyou for this.

T.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
pureheart

Thanks metacomet. Although it's a horrible experience it's reassuring in a way to know that other people have managed to find a way to fend off these horrible energies. If it ever happens again I will try your idea of filling my body with light. I often do something like that when I feel fearful (bad thunderstorms, creepy noises in the house etc).

I believe that my mum had a sleep paralysis experience once too. She said she sensed swirling black things (like in the scene from Ghost when the man is dragged into the ground).

I definitely felt violated after my experience, like something had actually been done to me.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
planetsadhana

great post metacomet...

i get sleep paralysis reguarly and it does feel like you are descending back into the body...

but you do not quite make the connection needed to instigate the movement in your body

i quite often know im having an "out of body experience" so i go through the process of trying to reconnect to my body...

im like .."ok ive reconnected, lets put on my bedside lamp..." but find that im actually still not connected...so have to attempt this process many times...

at this point i feel the sense that a "presence" is there...and it becomes a battle of wills ...with this presence trying to keep me in a paralysed state and me trying to reconnect to my body...

usually with me telling it to fuck off lollll..

once i have reconnected there is still a feeling of presence in the room...i have seen this in a shadow like spider which scuttles about the room ,at this point i have the light on and im fully awakened..cold and with the hairs sticking up on on my arms and lots of crown chakra activation

Last edited by planetsadhana; 03-12-2009 at 07:42 PM.
planetsadhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #17
metacomet

Another common sensation which physiology attributes to our monkey genetics, is the feeling of 'falling into bed' and back into your body around the time you fall asleep.

This sudden awakening is accompanied with the feeling of the bed shaking, which is, of course, somewhat alarming for the person who experiences it.

The physiological explanation is that as monkeys, sleeping in tree tops, we needed a reflex to jump to awareness and grip the tree limb we are sleeping on in case we started to slip off mid-dream.

Even if this is true, what triggers it in a person sleeping soundly and evenly on a bed? We are rarely if ever actually rolling out of bed. This happens when we are laying still. I do think that the sensation of movement during REM or even out of body and dreaming, can fool our mechanical physical mind into triggering that reflex...

But I also think it is possible the spiritual body itself is flopping into the physical body, or snapping back into it, which we feel intensely!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #18
white_wave

hi i dont' know too much about the subject, but i had a form of sleep paralysis a few years ago. i was downstairs and the news was on when the news bells started to chime , then i started having a panic attack. i seem to remember my mother's then boyfriend telling me 'its when you hear the 13th chime that you've got to worry'. anyway i rushed upstairs afterwards and sat down under the covers of my bed, after a few minutes i got the sensation that something was trapping me under the covers, after a few moments i started shouting like mad for someone to come help me, then i felt a blow across my face. when someone finally did come they said i had a red mark on my cheek.i was about 17 at the time.

nothing like that has happened before but other things have. once when i was drifting to sleep (though i was fully conscious) my eyes saw that i was flying through space with all the stars wizzing past me, i was'nt worried at that time. but i became aware that i wasnt breathing, which needless to say freaked me out, so with an effort i braught myself back into myself (if you know what i mean). i subconciously braught myself into a sitting position and i was panting hard.

other things have happened, but these are the two most memorable. i dont know whats causing these things to happen, if its good entities, bad entities or myself awakaning. or if its to do with the fact i did a ouijji board when i was 14

if anyone can help explain these things to me i would be more than greatfull, as im only 19 now i would guess that there is alot more of this kind of thing to come. for good or for bad.
jen
x

ps. sorry for the rant and i hope i have'nt derailed the thread.
white_wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 11:42 PM   #19
squeakingdaisies

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_wave View Post
hi i dont' know too much about the subject, but i had a form of sleep paralysis a few years ago. i was downstairs and the news was on when the news bells started to chime , then i started having a panic attack. i seem to remember my mother's then boyfriend telling me 'its when you hear the 13th chime that you've got to worry'. anyway i rushed upstairs afterwards and sat down under the covers of my bed, after a few minutes i got the sensation that something was trapping me under the covers, after a few moments i started shouting like mad for someone to come help me, then i felt a blow across my face. when someone finally did come they said i had a red mark on my cheek.i was about 17 at the time.
sounds very scary...

a few years ago I had some very intense nightmares. the red mark ... this happened to me too.
I dreamt a snake bit me on the sole of the foot. A snake with three teeth. Two above and one below. I woke up still feeling the bite and had a mark of exactly that shape on the sole of the foot.
Some years later I dreamt of getting crucified and being set on fire. I woke up with a red mark on my cheek. I went to the pharmacy for buying some cream, the pharmacist said it looks slightly "inflamed". Very true However after a few days it went away and nothing similar ever happend again.

I calmed myself and chose to think it the other way round. I had the dreams because maybe something very profane like bacterias attacked me. Even more possible is that I had simply a physical reaction to the very intense emotions caused by the dream. I do not believe in dark spirits coming for one's soul in the night. But I even do not believe in bacterias anymore.

Last edited by squeakingdaisies; 19-01-2010 at 11:45 PM.
squeakingdaisies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 04:19 AM   #20
biblegirl

This was an awesome post, thanks metacomet

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacomet View Post

Wow I've never really considered the spiritual consequences of sleep deprivation but now that you mention it I wonder if most of what we're feeling without getting enough sleep IS spiritual. Thank you very much for this post, that is a lot of good information.
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote