Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 21-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #21
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted Teddy

I used to love going to yard sales. One particular summer it seemed like there were at least five or six every Saturday and my sister-in-law would drag our kids around digging through other people’s unwanted things hoping to find treasures.

On one such trip I found a darling little black teddy bear. It was old, obviously, because it was well worn. It was made of chenille and had black buttons for eyes. When I picked it up I was surprised to find that it was a “beanie” or was at least filled with the same material as the popular stuffed collectibles.

I turned to the woman running the sale and said, “You can’t be selling this?” To which she replied, “Oh, yes, he’s for sale. He used to be my son’s, but I had him for years. He’s very old, probably early 1900’s.” Looking over the bear, I could believe it, and I paid the ungodly price of $3 for this little bit of history.

When I got it home, I cleaned it up a little and sat it on my bed among some other stuffed animals I had there. Later, I went back to my room to take a short nap. I pushed the animals aside, though the little black bear was close to my arm and at some point I must have put my hand on it.

I guess I dozed off quickly because when I woke up it was getting dark outside and I felt as if someone were tugging at me to wake up. Out of the corner of my eye I could see the little black bear moving. It looked as if someone was tugging it, but there was NO ONE in the room with me. Unseen hands were pulling the bear away from me. Instinctively, I grasped the bear and held it tightly, still amazed to find that something was tugging against me.

I sat up and put the table lamp on. The bear fell to the floor – I might have knocked it, or my unseen opponent might have pulled it down. Either way, I was convinced that if this particular little bear was going to be in my home, he wasn’t going to sit on my bed!

Perhaps the ghost of a previous owner hadn’t liked that the bear was sold in a yard sale? Who knows? I just know, if anyone from the “other side” misses it, they can visit it in my china closet from now on!
wonderfullife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #22
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted Mirrors

THE HAUNTED GHOST MIRROR AT THE MYRTLES PLANTATION. Myrtles Plantation, deep in Louisiana's' legendary Voodoo country. This haunted B&B has the grand reputation of being the 'Most haunted home in the U.S.', and one of the 'Most haunted houses in the world'.

"MIRROR, MIRROR ON THE WALL,

WHO IS THE MOST HAUNTED HOUSE OF THEM ALL?"

The Myrtles Plantation
You will see fine antiques and architectural treasures of the South and discover why The Myrtles has been called one of "America's Most Haunted Homes".
210-year-old National Register Home built by General David Bradford ..."Whiskey Dave".
Guided History and Mystery Tours offered daily.
Full Service Restaurant - Casual or Elegant Dining
Varnedoe's
11 Bed & Breakfast Rooms
*Wedding and Reception Facilities
Experience Antebellum Splendor in "One of America's Most Haunted Homes"

The Myrtles Plantation, circa 1796, invites you to step into the past to experience antebellum splendor. You will see fine antiques and architectural treasures of the South and discover why The Myrtles has been called one of "America's Most Haunted Homes".
The Myrtles has been featured in New York Times, Forbes, Gourmet, Veranda, Travel and Leisure, Country Inns, Colonial Homes, Delta SKY, and on the Oprah Show, A & E, The History Channel, The Travel Channel, The Learning Channel, National Geographic Explorer, and GOOD MORNING AMERICA. It was also featured in The Haunting of Louisiana. and on the scif channels, Ghost Hunters investigation by TAPS members in 2005.

Many ghost photos have been taken at the Myrtles Plantation and many show ghostly images in this truly haunted mirror. It is not originally one of the pieces to the home it was bought in the 1970's from a antique shop in New Orleans. It is said to have originally come from France. This haunted mirror has displayed faces and apparitions and ghostly manifestations over the years. And made many a skeptic into a believer.

Several have claimed it is possessed by the lost souls of the very haunted Plantations original owners and dead slaves.
The Myrtles mirror is not original to the home no matter what you've heard or been told by tour guides or Ghost Hunters. The owners in the mid 1970-1980's wife purchased the haunted mirror from a New Orleans antiques dealer in the French Quarter. As the story was related by someone who Knew her at the time. " She was looking for unique period pieces to furnish the home." "The price of the mirror was right in her budget it looked very old and had a flaw in the glass." "The antique dealer told her he had sold the mirror twice already and it was returned each time being told that the mirror was haunted cursed etc.." How perfect it was she told everyone who knew her, that it came with it's very own ghost."

In many a ghost photo of the mirror which is on the main wall at the bottom of the main staircase faces appear, ecto shapes and many distorted almost tortured souls seem to appear in 5 out of 10 photographs taken.

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/t...POSSESIONS.php
Many old mirrors thick and old and silver back stained are said to be haunted by the ghosts of those that died. their image forever frozen or trapped in the glass. Some recent stories on eBay tell of people selling their antique mirrors that were either bought or passed down the generations in their familes and said to be very haunted . It is said by some that if a ghost or lost soul wanders your home during the night, a mirror can capture it. An old New Orleans Voodoo way to capture a ghost was to put a large standing mirror in your bedroom door way. When the ghost thinking it is a door enters the mirror it is forever trapped in the rooms that were reflected in it when caught not the real rooms.

Bloody Mary The Face In The Mirror

A urban legend of sorts states: If you go into the bathroom and look into the mirror with the lights off and the room completely black, and then say 'Bloody Mary' thirteen times, a woman will appear and scratch your face off. The research into Bloody Mary goes back to 1978, when folklorist Janet Langlois published her essay on the legend. Belief in summoning the mirror-witch was even at that time widespread throughout the U.S.

Mary is summoned whenever young teen aged girls get together for a sleepover, but boys have been known to call on her too. The 'Bloody Mary' legend was common in the early 1970s. Typically performed the "ritual" in bathrooms, because the bathrooms of suburban homes had large mirrors and were easily darkened even during the day since they had no windows. In latter years after the release of the movie Clive Barker's Candyman (1992) calling upon him became more popular. Many do believe the Candyman's Movies premise is based on fact and try summoning him even today.

Helen Lyle is a student who decides to write a thesis about local legends and myths. She visits a part of the town, where she learns about the legend of Cabrini Green and the Candyman, a one-armed man with a hook who appears to you in your bathroom when you say his name five times, in front of a mirror. Of course, Helen doesn't believe all this stuff, but the people of the area are really afraid. When she ignores their warnings and begins her investigation in the places that he is rumored to appear, a series of horrible murders begins.

In the 1998 movie Urban Legend, two co-eds try to summon an evil spirit by chanting 'Bloody Mary.' In an episode of television's The X Files ("Syzygy," original air date 26 January 1996), two teenage girls lure a rival for a boy's affections into the bathroom — and a "Bloody Mary" ritual — during a birthday party. They prevent her from leaving the bathroom, and the camera cuts to the rest of the partygoers downstairs, who hear a crash of breaking glass and a scream.

Mirror ... Mirror on the wall you make my skin creep and crawl. Whose the ghost that resides within... The spirts of the dead the lost or my next of kin!

Fear of mirrors probably arose from the time when the first humans saw their reflections in a pool of water and once they had got over their initial shock of seeing someone or something, believed that the image was their soul or spirit and to endanger it would mean risking injury to the other self. Also since ancient times, mirrors were said to have magical powers, including the power to foretell the future and were considered to be devices of the gods. Thus breaking a mirror would end its powers and bring untold miseries and misfortunes upon the one whose reflection it last held. Or even damning a trapped spirit to a hell that only the Devil himself knew exisited
The Vanity is considered by many to be one of the finest optical illusions ever conceived. Reproductions of this illusion continue to be popular more than 100 years after the drawing first appeared in print.

The painting is an ambiguous illusion with an allegorical theme, as the title suggests. The two aspects become clear as you study the figure. It can be seen as either, a beautiful girl gazing at her reflection in a large mirror; or the scene can be realized as a grinning human skull. The girl's two heads make up the eye sockets of the skull, her vanity items, and an embroidered table cloth form the teeth and jaws.
The reason for the popularity of the artwork is clear; stunning realism, style, and exquisite detail performed flawlessly by a master illustrator. Charles Gilbert learned his amazing style in New York, and Paris.

Mirrors are the perfect example of an everyday household furnishing attached with countless superstitions. Probably the most common belief concerning mirrors is that their breakage causes seven years of bad luck. But does Breaking a mirror with a real ghost locked in it set it free to haunt you? Consider this: Was the ghost trapped their on his own or placed their by some force to trap it to save others from the haunting the ghost could cause? In New Orleans Voodoosit are said to use a grand spell to capture household haunting ghosts in Zombie bottles or large mirrors. The mirrors which render the ghost harmless only to haunt the world that is reflected in the mirror. Not the Real world we live in. One custom unique to New Orleams voodoo is to watch ( particualrly if it is a bad or evil spirit or ghost) wander into a room or door way reflected in the mirror then to smash it trapping the ghost forever to roam into a different eternity and not haunt your house any longer. And to tell if a old mirror given to you or purchased is haunted place to tall white candles no further then 12 inches apart . Do this at midnight. Focus your eyes at the space between the two candles if it is haunted you will see the ghost!
Old 21-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #23
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted Bed

1890S OLD. BED MEASURES 72 X 81 OUTSIDE THE RAILS AND 64 X 76 INSIDE. HEADBOARD IS 62 TALL AND THE FOOT IS 39 TALL. HAND CARVED FROM ONE PIECE OF WOOD, AND IT'S REPORTED AS BEING VERY HAUNTED!

This very haunted bed is said to rock shake ralltle and even emitt strange sounds. the prest owners Ryan and Lynn Marmillion say they bought it because they fell in love with it... little did they know it was haunted. " You think of antiques beds as a thing of beauty and generations of peacefull sleep"' says Ryan. " you never realize that alot of things go on in beds that can make them become haunted"!

The actual haunted bed was to be my wives and I's but since it's many., many ghost have made themselves known we have relocated it to our guest room.

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/t...POSSESIONS.php
Old 21-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #24
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Haunted Books

Luck is often regarded as a superstition, but it can be interpreted in many ways. There is also a series of spiritual, or supernatural beliefs regarding fortune. These beliefs vary widely from one to another, but most agree that luck can be influenced through spiritual means by performing certain rituals or by avoiding certain circumstances or objects.

Have you ever purchased a book marking its arrival with much anticipation only to find upon receiving it that a serious problems occur just by having it in your possession? This is the tale about having sacred text or magic books in ones possession, or so it has been noted over the years.

The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage, edited by S. Liddell MacGregor Mathers was said to be cursed. Those who had a copy of it in their possession are still to this day said to be haunted and hurt by it's power. This interesting grimoire was published by S.L. Mathers in 1898, and a second edition was published in 1900 by J.M. Watkins, London. Aleister Crowley also considered it of great importance and underwent the operation described within and often noted to others that the copy he owned was haunted by the spirits it told of. Hence he deemed the books printed at the time possessed by an unseen power.

The Lesser Key Of Solomon or The Goetia the Lesser Key of Solomon the King: Lemegeton, Book 1 Clavicula Salomonis Regis was also said to doom those who just kept a copy on their bookshelf. Many said their life got better just by burning or giving the book away. Some say if a person was having a run bad luck the bookshelves would be search first, and if any suspect haunted or cursed volumes were discovered they would be removed and properly disposed of and the curse would be broken.

During the 1970's a haunted story tells that well known paranormal investigator became aware of such cursed volumes and set out to prove it was not true. The story goes that he changed his mind very quickly when one of the cursed books supposedly attacked him sending him to the hospital.

Another tale tells of a budding young occultist who received the book from his friend who died. Within two days he also died after receiving it and so on ass the book passed from person to person until it was finally destroyed. or so the urban legend goes.

The Necronomicon is a fictional book from the stories of horror writer H.P. Lovecraft. It was first mentioned in Lovecraft's 1924 short story "The Hound", written in 1922, though its purported author, the "Mad Arab" Abdul Alhazred, had been quoted a year earlier in Lovecraft's "The Nameless City". Among other things, the work contains an account of the Old Ones, their history, and the means for summoning them. Often called by many the most cursed are haunted writings in the world.

Other authors such as August Derleth and Clark Ashton Smith also cited it in their works; Lovecraft approved, believing such common allusions built up "a background of evil verisimilitude." Many readers have believed it to be a real work, with booksellers and librarians receiving many requests for it; pranksters have listed it in rare book catalogues, and one smuggled a card for it into the Yale University Library's card catalog.

Capitalizing on the notoriety of the fictional volume, real-life publishers have printed many books entitled Necronomicon since Lovecraft's death.

The Necronomicon is mentioned in a number of Lovecraft's short stories and in his novellas At the Mountains of Madness and The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. However, despite frequent references to the book, Lovecraft was very sparing of details about its appearance and contents. He once wrote that "if anyone were to try to write the Necronomicon, it would disappoint all those who have shuddered at cryptic references to it."

The Book of Shadows

A large collection of articles and spells gathered and often hand written by solitary witches often a magical working diary or journal. The Book of Shadows is also known as the religious text of Wicca, containing the core rituals, practices, and wisdom of a Wiccan tradition. It is normally copied by hand from that of one's initiator (High Priestess or Priest), who copied it from his or her initiator.

A fictional book of shadows is featured in the television series Charmed; it bears little resemblance to the Wiccan Book of Shadows beyond its name. It has a triquetra on the front of the cover and can protect itself from demons and other evil.

In the film The Craft the Book of Shadows is described as a book in which a witch keeps her "power thoughts". And many have been said to be haunted by spells, specters, ghost and devils!
Old 22-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #25
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Doll moving

Is this a possessed doll or fake vid?
Old 22-08-2011, 12:14 AM   #26
wonderfullife
Premier Subscribers

Default Doll turning head

This does not look fake.
Old 22-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #27
lauren_almighty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfullife View Post
It creeped me out but it is a bit funny. I reckon it was a prank. A very horrible prank.

I had a ragdoll when I was little and I hated it. I always had to hide it in a box because it looked creepy.

Last edited by lauren_almighty; 22-08-2011 at 02:12 AM.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #28
neutrino
Inactive

The video freaked me out a little but I think it was that scream more than the doll moving, I think it was either a prank or the doll is motorised and has audio and the girl didn't know.
neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote