Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 08-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
codie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb27 View Post
It shows someone is waking up when they ask a quesion like this. I don't claim to be awake (like most people on this forum) cause I know I'm not (and most people on here are talking utter bollox when they claim to be awakened) - I just realise I'm asleep and I'm trying to do something about it. The best poster I came across on these boards regarding human consciousness is a Scottish guy who goes under the name Sevenworlds. He doesn't post much here now but I'd advise you to read his posts.

Here are some wise words from UGK I have printed on my you tube account regarding "waking up."

U.G Krishnamurti on death -

"The next question he (a questioner) asked me was, 'I have lived ninety-five years and I am going to die one of these days. I want to know what will happen after my death.'
I said, 'You may not live long enough to know anything about death. You have to die now. Are you ready to die?' As long as you are asking the questions, 'What is death?' or 'What is there after death?' you are already dead. These are all dead questions. A living man would never ask those questions."

"(Q) Are you afraid of death?"

"There is nothing to die here. The body cannot be afraid of death."

"There is no such thing as death. What you have are ideas about death, ideas which arise when you sense the absence of another person. Your own death, or the death of your near and dear ones, is not something you can experience. What you actually experience is the void created by the disappearance of another individual and the unsatisfied demand to maintain the continuity of your relationship with that person for a non-existent eternity."

U.G Krishnamurti on enlightenment -

"Enlightenment (if there is any such thing as enlightenment) is not an experience at all. So, this dawns on you- this realization (if you want to put it that way) that there is nothing to realize. Self-knowledge or self-realization is to realize for yourself and by yourself that there is no self to realize. That is going to be a shattering blow."

"This question haunted me all my life and suddenly it hit me: 'There is no self to realize. What the hell have I been doing all this time?' You see, that hits you like lightning. Once that hits you, the whole mechanism of the body that is controlled by this thought is shattered. What is left is the tremendous living organism with an intelligence of its own. What you are left with is the pulse, the beat and the throb of life."

"It is not something that you can do through any effort, will or volition of yours. It has to be a miracle. Whatever has happened to me has happened despite everything I did. In fact, everything I did only blocked it. It prevented the possibility of whatever was there to express itself. Not that I have gained anything. Only what is there is able to express itself without any hindrance, without any constraints or restraints imposed on it by society for its own reasons, for its own continuity and stability."

By the way, the Buddhists say those of us in the west are asleep, whereas the Kogi from Columbia (one of the elder tribes of humanity) have always said we in the west carry so little life force energy/consciousness that we are effectively "dead" ... but things are continually changing.
Very interesting Thanks
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #22
lauren_almighty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbeafraid View Post
Are we dead and dont know it?...NO, most people are alive and don't know it.
True.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #23
lightgiver

Default Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknightd View Post
okay this is a serious question. so i've been having conversations with a friend who has been awakened for a long time. the other day i was asking him questions to get his feedback on all that is going on and he told me that he honestly thinks he's already dead and he is trying to remember when he died so that he can move on.

i never watched the series "Lost" but i heard that is what it was about.

have any of you ever thought about this? what are your thoughts?

the way i look at it if we were dead we could possibly be unaware since we don't actually know what happens when we die. most just say we go to a higher dimension. in other words, i cannot debunk the possibility that i may be dead right now and not know it. i've been experiencing surreal stuff for a long time now. definitely a shift in consciousness. and it occurred after i had an experience where i felt i may have escaped death at the hands of someone else. it is certainly possible that i could have actually been killed and not realize it.

or maybe i just "died" to my old self (pure ego) and now i have one foot in 3d and the other in 4d.

who knows...i am now officially going to obsess over this until i get closer to an answer.

Death and impermanence,

9-POINT DEATH MEDITATION

1. Death is certain:
a. There is no escape
b. Life has a limit, each moment brings me closer
c. Death can come in a moment and fully unexpected

2. The time of death is uncertain:
a. My lifespan is uncertain
b. There are many causes for death, few for sustenance of life
c. My body is fragile; even a thorn can kill me with an infection

3. What can help me at the moment of death?
a. Wealth, possessions?
b. Relatives and friends?
c. My own body? Only my positive karma from practising dharma can help!

How Long Is The Life Span?

Life is so fragile, its nature is transitory. It is easy to see how it changes in only one year, a month, a week, a day, an hour, a minute, and second by second. There are sixty-five of the shortest instants in the time it takes to snap my fingers, and even in those short split seconds life is changing.

“Why should I be surprised that life changes so much? That’s natural; let it happen!” To think in this way is very foolish and ignorant because as life is changing so quickly in those very short instants I am becoming older.

Some may say, “That’s natural, I become older; let it happen!” This is another wrong attitude, not caring about becoming old. Others want to deny the impermanent nature of their lives; they do not want to see the true nature of it at all. They try to disguise their appearance in the eyes of others, who also play the same game. This is an absolutely vain attempt, such actions are not of the potential knowledge level of the human mind, and their creation is certainly not the purpose of the human rebirth from the Dharma point of view. No artificial effort can change eighty years into sixteen. Age can never decrease in the view of the truly enlightened mind, which fully realises the samsaric body’s suffering because of its impermanent nature.

These people’s minds have a double illusion: belief in artificial creation (scientific discoveries used to preserve matter and life from ruin and decay) and the wrong conception that a permanent subject-object exists. The first wrong belief causes problems to arise continually. The second wrong idea causes one to become more ignorant, lazy and careless.

There are two levels of impermanence:

1. Gross—changes of matter happening in long periods of time.
2. Subtle—inner changes of mind and invisible changes of matter happening in the shortest part of a second.

http://www.lamayeshe.com/index.php?sect=article&id=446

The Four Maras (The Four Demonic Forces)

http://www.berzinarchives.com/web/en...ic_forces.html

Last edited by lightgiver; 08-06-2010 at 11:20 PM.
lightgiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #24
ytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightgiver View Post
Death and impermanence,

9-POINT DEATH MEDITATION

1. Death is certain:
a. There is no escape
b. Life has a limit, each moment brings me closer
c. Death can come in a moment and fully unexpected

2. The time of death is uncertain:
a. My lifespan is uncertain
b. There are many causes for death, few for sustenance of life
c. My body is fragile; even a thorn can kill me with an infection

3. What can help me at the moment of death?
a. Wealth, possessions?
b. Relatives and friends?
c. My own body? Only my positive karma from practising dharma can help!
BAAAAAAAAAD mantra!!!

Who came up with this enslaving bullshit?

Whoever likes it,
might like this one too:

I´ve got cancer, I´ve got six month to live,
I´ve got cancer, I´ve got six month to live,...

Seriously, you gotta be kidding

too old to grow up....

Wake Up and Smell The Fish!
ytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
asleepawake
Inactive

I know that really is a crock of shit. To take death as the death that is promoted by the ptb or whoever, you have to be a fool to some degree. Really and truly it shouldn't be called just death.

That deffinately doesn't do it justice.
asleepawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:03 PM   #26
totalrecall

Funny this should be brought up. I was on Godlike forums about 6 months ago and someone came up with the same theory.

What they are describing is Quantum_suicide_and_immortality.

I'm going to write this theory off, although... I still find it very interesting.

I also nearly died at the age of 14. I very nearly drowned at a summer camp. Near the end I wasn't sure I was going to live. It took me an age to get my breath back. I thought in those 20 minutes of getting my breath back that I wasn't going to get enough air and die.

If this theory is correct then mediums must be wrong I guess. Also if a person doesn't experience death themselves but their consciousness moves on to another version of reality seamlessly, then that person would find themselves thousands of years old, wouldn't they. Where does aging come into it?

Maybe it's a mixture of two truths. Maybe there are two kinds of "deaths". The quantum kind might be experienced through near death experiences and ordinary life experiences. Who says that our consciousness doesn't have to flit into another very minor version of reality throughout a mundane action or being.

When we die from old age, that might be a different kind of death. One where consciousness must transfer to some body (or bodies?) outside the last one which is no use as a container anymore.

Just a thought.
totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #27
jtarkey

In reply to the OP, I highly recommend watching Lost if hearing about the end intrigued you. That show is chock full of references to religions, literature, spirituality, and Life in general. It is the only piece of television I have ever really cared for.
jtarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #28
lauren_almighty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtarkey View Post
In reply to the OP, I highly recommend watching Lost if hearing about the end intrigued you. That show is chock full of references to religions, literature, spirituality, and Life in general. It is the only piece of television I have ever really cared for.
I agree. I'm going to go through it all from the beginning because there are things that you wouldn't at first notice that all fits in with the ending. I wasn't 100% happy with how it ended but I still love Lost. It was entertaining and it made you think. It's made me think this life is some sort of purgatory.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #29
1eyeopen

After watching LOST for 6 years I strongly recommend anyone who didn't watch it when it was on not to bother watching it now.

Last edited by 1eyeopen; 26-06-2010 at 05:36 AM.
1eyeopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2010, 03:29 PM   #30
existenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyeopen View Post
After watching LOST for 6 years I strongly recommend anyone who didn't watch it when it was on not to bother watching it now.
Seasons 1 and 2 were good. The rest was one helluva long-con.
existenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 07:15 PM   #31
epiceyjahouse
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytch View Post
I´ve got cancer, I´ve got six month to live,...
Haha, but if you keep saying that every day, then 10 years later you will still have six months to live, and 20 years later you will still have six months to live.
epiceyjahouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #32
margueritebee

If you eat and go to the crapper, you're not dead.

In my heart burns the fire of righteous anger.
margueritebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #33
fishonwheels

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103245
fishonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #34
guuna

Strangely enough I've just read the short story 'Willa' by Stephen King, and it deals with this subject matter.
Old 28-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #35
micklemus
Banned

Fascinating thread. Have had a lot of personal insights on this and there are tons of materials on it. If you go deep enough to feel comfortable with the realisation that space and time don't exist, the questions of "who am I" and "what is life" soon crop up and generate some very interesting observations.

For those of a more matter-of-fact/scientific leaning, I would strongly recommend Anthony Peake's books. VERY useful reading on this subject matter, even if they are heavy going at first.
micklemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #36
godgoo

Quote:
okay this is a serious question. so i've been having conversations with a friend who has been awakened for a long time. the other day i was asking him questions to get his feedback on all that is going on and he told me that he honestly thinks he's already dead and he is trying to remember when he died so that he can move on.

the way i look at it if we were dead we could possibly be unaware since we don't actually know what happens when we die. most just say we go to a higher dimension. in other words, i cannot debunk the possibility that i may be dead right now and not know it. i've been experiencing surreal stuff for a long time now. definitely a shift in consciousness. and it occurred after i had an experience where i felt i may have escaped death at the hands of someone else. it is certainly possible that i could have actually been killed and not realize it.

or maybe i just "died" to my old self (pure ego) and now i have one foot in 3d and the other in 4d.

who knows...i am now officially going to obsess over this until i get closer to an answer.
Hehehe. I see what your getting at.

I think if that was possible, then you would know you had died, but your family would be somewhat different.

Your wifes blonde hair would now be brunette, your daughter now has blue eyes. I think something like that would be the scariest part. You would be dreading dieing again or not, your life becoming either better or slowly worse after each death??

Or you could die as a tramp who has no way of knowing? But could end up winning the lottery.
The Engineer.co.uk
godgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #37
godgoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by godgoo View Post
Hehehe. I see what your getting at.

I think if that was possible, then you would know you had died, but your family would be somewhat different.

Your wifes blonde hair would now be brunette, your daughter now has blue eyes. I think something like that would be the scariest part. You would be dreading dieing again or not, your life becoming either better or slowly worse after each death??

Or you could die as a tramp who has no way of knowing? But could end up winning the lottery.
Then people would think you had gone crazy?
The Engineer.co.uk
godgoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #38
codie
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by micklemus View Post
Fascinating thread. Have had a lot of personal insights on this and there are tons of materials on it. If you go deep enough to feel comfortable with the realisation that space and time don't exist, the questions of "who am I" and "what is life" soon crop up and generate some very interesting observations.

For those of a more matter-of-fact/scientific leaning, I would strongly recommend Anthony Peake's books. VERY useful reading on this subject matter, even if they are heavy going at first.
Thanks I will look into that.
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #39
ra86

Quote:
Originally Posted by existenz View Post
Seasons 1 and 2 were good. The rest was one helluva long-con.
i thought lost got better after season 2/3... far far too much running about in the jungle and Hurley panting and sweating, urgh... plus charlie died and i hated him, absolutely hated him...
Old 29-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #40
jakemaverick
Banned

Quote:

Listen Figment,

I know i am actually just a brain in a jar sitting on a shelf soemwhere, so i know i just imagined you said all that.......

;-)
jakemaverick is offline   Reply With Quote