Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > The Paranormal & Mysteries

Old 03-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
whiteknightd

Default Are we dead and don't know it?

okay this is a serious question. so i've been having conversations with a friend who has been awakened for a long time. the other day i was asking him questions to get his feedback on all that is going on and he told me that he honestly thinks he's already dead and he is trying to remember when he died so that he can move on.

i never watched the series "Lost" but i heard that is what it was about.

have any of you ever thought about this? what are your thoughts?

the way i look at it if we were dead we could possibly be unaware since we don't actually know what happens when we die. most just say we go to a higher dimension. in other words, i cannot debunk the possibility that i may be dead right now and not know it. i've been experiencing surreal stuff for a long time now. definitely a shift in consciousness. and it occurred after i had an experience where i felt i may have escaped death at the hands of someone else. it is certainly possible that i could have actually been killed and not realize it.

or maybe i just "died" to my old self (pure ego) and now i have one foot in 3d and the other in 4d.

who knows...i am now officially going to obsess over this until i get closer to an answer.
whiteknightd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
truth finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknightd View Post
okay this is a serious question. so i've been having conversations with a friend who has been awakened for a long time. the other day i was asking him questions to get his feedback on all that is going on and he told me that he honestly thinks he's already dead and he is trying to remember when he died so that he can move on.

the way i look at it if we were dead we could possibly be unaware since we don't actually know what happens when we die. most just say we go to a higher dimension. in other words, i cannot debunk the possibility that i may be dead right now and not know it. i've been experiencing surreal stuff for a long time now. definitely a shift in consciousness. and it occurred after i had an experience where i felt i may have escaped death at the hands of someone else. it is certainly possible that i could have actually been killed and not realize it.

or maybe i just "died" to my old self (pure ego) and now i have one foot in 3d and the other in 4d.

who knows...i am now officially going to obsess over this until i get closer to an answer.

lol, talk about a mind fuck, something else to think about, altough u did catch my thought why i was drinking....lol
Old 03-06-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
imaginarysoul

This is similar to one of my life theories when I was say 10 years old.

What if this is our heaven? hell? or purgatory?

Think about seamonkeys... i've always percieved it as a possibly toned down version of humanity.
imaginarysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
truth finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginarysoul View Post
This is similar to one of my life theories when I was say 10 years old.

What if this is our heaven? hell? or purgatory?

Think about seamonkeys... i've always percieved it as a possibly toned down version of humanity.
don't seventh day adventis believe that this is hell, and they have prove them selves?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
imaginarysoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth finder View Post
don't seventh day adventis believe that this is hell, and they have prove them selves?
elaborate?
Old 04-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:

I will give it some thought as well.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #7

Quote:

Yes, you're already dead - dead in your sins. And unless you believe, in your heart, that Jesus Christ is Who He said He is - unless you repent of your sins - then you'll die in your sins. After that comes the judgement, and the second/final death, which is the lake of fire. But to die in Christ is to live eternally. The problem a lot of people have is that they can't break free of this idea they have of death, that's been fed to them and that's false. Death isn't a lack of consciousness; it isn't a sort of sleep; it isn't restful, nor peaceful. It's separation from God, Who is Life itself. I've caught a few glimpses of death. It's better to have never been born at all, than to die in your sins. But best of all, wisest of all, is to repent of your sins before Christ and be saved - repent and live.

Acts 2:38

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
imaginarysoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964 View Post
Yes, you're already dead - dead in your sins. And unless you believe, in your heart, that Jesus Christ is Who He said He is - unless you repent of your sins - then you'll die in your sins. After that comes the judgement, and the second/final death, which is the lake of fire. But to die in Christ is to live eternally. The problem a lot of people have is that they can't break free of this idea they have of death, that's been fed to them and that's false. Death isn't a lack of consciousness; it isn't a sort of sleep; it isn't restful, nor peaceful. It's separation from God, Who is Life itself. I've caught a few glimpses of death. It's better to have never been born at all, than to die in your sins. But best of all, wisest of all, is to repent of your sins before Christ and be saved - repent and live.
Don't think thats quite the answer we were looking for...

doesn't really provoke much thought..
Old 04-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #9
asleepawake
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964 View Post
Death is seperation from god??? People have a skewed perception on death????.......lol I think YOU are the one with the fucked up perception my friend.

The energy that comes with word death, when you simply look at what death is, doesn't match up. Because death isn't really death, its no more death than it is the end of a year. Its better to have never been born at all?? So then your saying its better to be dead, then to have life itself, who is pure god???

Wow nothing like a self-righteous christian to contradict him/herself. Life must suck for you. You dirty sinner
asleepawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginarysoul View Post
Don't think thats quite the answer we were looking for...

doesn't really provoke much thought..
I don't answer people's questions by trying to guess what answer they're searching for, or what answer will interest them.

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleepawake View Post
Death is seperation from god??? People have a skewed perception on death????.......lol I think YOU are the one with the fucked up perception my friend.

The energy that comes with word death, when you simply look at what death is, doesn't match up. Because death isn't really death, its no more death than it is the end of a year. Its better to have never been born at all?? So then your saying its better to be dead, then to have life itself, who is pure god???

Wow nothing like a self-righteous christian to contradict him/herself. Life must suck for you. You dirty sinner
Yes, it's better to have never been born at all, than to die in your sins, unrepentant. I've watched others who were dying while they were still separated from Jesus Christ, and I've had to confront my own death. It's a horrific experience. It's not something you can argue another person into believing - each person will believe as he/she chooses to believe. But the signs are there, in everyone lives, showing people that what Christ has said is true: There are only two paths in this life - one leading to death, and the other to Life.

Last edited by 1964; 04-06-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
geewhizz

Quote:

In a way yes. This is a physical loop where most reincarnate to.

When you have the knowledge of this, when you die you will not reincarnate to flesh and bone again.
geewhizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:53 PM   #13
orb27
Inactive

Quote:

It shows someone is waking up when they ask a quesion like this. I don't claim to be awake (like most people on this forum) cause I know I'm not (and most people on here are talking utter bollox when they claim to be awakened) - I just realise I'm asleep and I'm trying to do something about it. The best poster I came across on these boards regarding human consciousness is a Scottish guy who goes under the name Sevenworlds. He doesn't post much here now but I'd advise you to read his posts.

Here are some wise words from UGK I have printed on my you tube account regarding "waking up."

U.G Krishnamurti on death -

"The next question he (a questioner) asked me was, 'I have lived ninety-five years and I am going to die one of these days. I want to know what will happen after my death.'
I said, 'You may not live long enough to know anything about death. You have to die now. Are you ready to die?' As long as you are asking the questions, 'What is death?' or 'What is there after death?' you are already dead. These are all dead questions. A living man would never ask those questions."

"(Q) Are you afraid of death?"

"There is nothing to die here. The body cannot be afraid of death."

"There is no such thing as death. What you have are ideas about death, ideas which arise when you sense the absence of another person. Your own death, or the death of your near and dear ones, is not something you can experience. What you actually experience is the void created by the disappearance of another individual and the unsatisfied demand to maintain the continuity of your relationship with that person for a non-existent eternity."

U.G Krishnamurti on enlightenment -

"Enlightenment (if there is any such thing as enlightenment) is not an experience at all. So, this dawns on you- this realization (if you want to put it that way) that there is nothing to realize. Self-knowledge or self-realization is to realize for yourself and by yourself that there is no self to realize. That is going to be a shattering blow."

"This question haunted me all my life and suddenly it hit me: 'There is no self to realize. What the hell have I been doing all this time?' You see, that hits you like lightning. Once that hits you, the whole mechanism of the body that is controlled by this thought is shattered. What is left is the tremendous living organism with an intelligence of its own. What you are left with is the pulse, the beat and the throb of life."

"It is not something that you can do through any effort, will or volition of yours. It has to be a miracle. Whatever has happened to me has happened despite everything I did. In fact, everything I did only blocked it. It prevented the possibility of whatever was there to express itself. Not that I have gained anything. Only what is there is able to express itself without any hindrance, without any constraints or restraints imposed on it by society for its own reasons, for its own continuity and stability."

By the way, the Buddhists say those of us in the west are asleep, whereas the Kogi from Columbia (one of the elder tribes of humanity) have always said we in the west carry so little life force energy/consciousness that we are effectively "dead" ... but things are continually changing.

Last edited by orb27; 04-06-2010 at 11:14 PM.
orb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
letgoitsnotreal

Don't worry

The truth, is that we're here to play

Our lives are our dream, and there never was a heartbeat

Last edited by letgoitsnotreal; 04-06-2010 at 11:14 PM.
letgoitsnotreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:22 PM   #15
infinite tea
Inactive

YOU are "death" dreaming of what "life" must be like, YOU are "nothing" playing at being "something", YOU are imagination....imagining, YOU are One imagining manyness, YOU are the unborn foetus dreaming of what life will be like.....and when you perfect your consciousness through understanding you will be "born" into the perfection of yourSelf :-)
infinite tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 AM   #16
morethanatheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb27 View Post
It shows someone is waking up when they ask a quesion like this. I don't claim to be awake (like most people on this forum) cause I know I'm not (and most people on here are talking utter bollox when they claim to be awakened) - I just realise I'm asleep and I'm trying to do something about it. The best poster I came across on these boards regarding human consciousness is a Scottish guy who goes under the name Sevenworlds. He doesn't post much here now but I'd advise you to read his posts.

Here are some wise words from UGK I have printed on my you tube account regarding "waking up."

U.G Krishnamurti on death -

"The next question he (a questioner) asked me was, 'I have lived ninety-five years and I am going to die one of these days. I want to know what will happen after my death.'
I said, 'You may not live long enough to know anything about death. You have to die now. Are you ready to die?' As long as you are asking the questions, 'What is death?' or 'What is there after death?' you are already dead. These are all dead questions. A living man would never ask those questions."

"(Q) Are you afraid of death?"

"There is nothing to die here. The body cannot be afraid of death."

"There is no such thing as death. What you have are ideas about death, ideas which arise when you sense the absence of another person. Your own death, or the death of your near and dear ones, is not something you can experience. What you actually experience is the void created by the disappearance of another individual and the unsatisfied demand to maintain the continuity of your relationship with that person for a non-existent eternity."

U.G Krishnamurti on enlightenment -

"Enlightenment (if there is any such thing as enlightenment) is not an experience at all. So, this dawns on you- this realization (if you want to put it that way) that there is nothing to realize. Self-knowledge or self-realization is to realize for yourself and by yourself that there is no self to realize. That is going to be a shattering blow."

"This question haunted me all my life and suddenly it hit me: 'There is no self to realize. What the hell have I been doing all this time?' You see, that hits you like lightning. Once that hits you, the whole mechanism of the body that is controlled by this thought is shattered. What is left is the tremendous living organism with an intelligence of its own. What you are left with is the pulse, the beat and the throb of life."

"It is not something that you can do through any effort, will or volition of yours. It has to be a miracle. Whatever has happened to me has happened despite everything I did. In fact, everything I did only blocked it. It prevented the possibility of whatever was there to express itself. Not that I have gained anything. Only what is there is able to express itself without any hindrance, without any constraints or restraints imposed on it by society for its own reasons, for its own continuity and stability."

By the way, the Buddhists say those of us in the west are asleep, whereas the Kogi from Columbia (one of the elder tribes of humanity) have always said we in the west carry so little life force energy/consciousness that we are effectively "dead" ... but things are continually changing.
Fantastic Post! Krishnumarti is definately my favourite choice of quote for a topic like this.

I don't think, personally, this is a question you should beat yourself up over. It really depends on how you view your own life and your own reality. Intent itself builds your reality. I personally think I am dead, not in the respect my heart stopped beating but rather I have not become fully awaken to what life is actually about, until you are free from conciousness how can you truly be free? I don't believe I am alive until I can experience Life at its finest, true beauty in everything and everyone, until then, i'm just controlled by something external that I believe to be a part of me.

Have you thought that we might not be dead or alive? Crazy right? Maybe we are in between trying to achieve one before the other.

Either way, find your own truth, don't rely on other peoples views on the topic, your own intent shapes your own reality, just as your emotion and thoughts change and mould the world around you. If you believe you need to search deeper for answers, look inside and you will probably find what you are looking for. Just don't drive yourself insane doing so, as you may just release negativity while trying to find answers that are not present.

Peace

www.thespiritmolecule.com
morethanatheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #17

Life on mars and ashes to ashes exploreda similar theme .Bbc series of the last five years .Jacobs ladder covered it even better , im sure its an age old question . I first watched jacobs ladder after telling a friend i was already dead as i had an experience in a black room of a white light filling it not long after an incident with a fire .I observed it but never enetered it , afterwards i thought i should of ,my then Gf didnt see it even as i described it to her .When i related it to the person in question they said oh ye have you seen jacobs ladder its a wicked film . i hadnt at the time as it had not long been released .If you havent seen it i would recommend it
2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:58 PM   #18
lauren_almighty
Banned

Life is a role playing game. It's not hell as in we died and this world is what we progressed to afterwards. I think we chose to come here.
lauren_almighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #19
codie
Inactive

Quote:

I have thought about this a few times actually. I have thought am I in a coma but I think I am living normally, and the people I meet and talk too apart from family are Doctors etc(mental I know lol) But it is a thought though. I would not know would I. Hmmmm. Very very deep lol.
codie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #20
dontbeafraid

Are we dead and dont know it?...NO, most people are alive and don't know it.

Last edited by dontbeafraid; 08-06-2010 at 04:28 PM.
dontbeafraid is offline   Reply With Quote