Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Political Manipulation / Cover-Ups / False Flags

Old 13-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
oldguy43

Question The Winners Get to Write the History Books

This is a truism. What do you suppose the Nazis would have said about us if they had won? Has anyone seen a history book from postwar Vietnam?

Favorite Quote: “Forgive him Theodotus: he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.”
- Caesar and Cleopatra, George Bernard Shaw
oldguy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
lifeandoneness
Inactive

The winners don't necessarily write the truth. Aka Rockefellers, Rothschilds.
lifeandoneness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
oldguy43

That's my point.

Favorite Quote: “Forgive him Theodotus: he is a barbarian and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.”
- Caesar and Cleopatra, George Bernard Shaw
oldguy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
3point5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy43 View Post
This is a truism. What do you suppose the Nazis would have said about us if they had won? Has anyone seen a history book from postwar Vietnam?

Me and a friend were talking about this the other day. This is why it's important when studying history to look at multiple sources from multiple countries. Obviously even then you can't be sure though.

It'd be interesting to see, that's for sure!
3point5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
hayed joe

"And then I made the Death Wish films, which were the most successful films in Cinematic history!"- What history would look like if Michael Winner wrote the history books.

I have nothing else to add to this thread but that lame joke. But I agree. Biographies are big bucks these days. Thatcher, D'Annunzio. But Jim Marrs's books get overlooked for some reason...
Old 13-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
hokuspokus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldguy43 View Post
probably said stuff like double dealing war mongers who funded the Nazis
with cash whilst Standard Oil filled the Ford vehicles used by the German army.
hokuspokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
mamnoon
Inactive

To what end does history teach us however?

What exactly do you feel should be picked up from history?

Do you feel that His story is what history should be the definition of? The word itself? Because in that context, then yes, you are right, it's a truism and is written by the winners. But to what avail is this? A good story to tell the youngin's?

However, "History" or rather, the trail of Human kind on their self-proclaimed "Planet Earth" trying to teach it's future of mistake, misfortune, misadventure, and all the opposite is my take on the word.

Whether true or false all history has meaning in which should not be lost. And that is who won, and exactly why they won. The process in which they used to terminate the opposing force.

Alas, however, with the downfall of man and the falsity created by the ones who "won" over our past, and painted a picture behind us, cover's many of the great things we have achieved, how and why we achieved them, and sadly, who achieved them.

So regardless of view on the manifest meaning of history, a man is never forced to write the truth. But only what his will is toward. You will always be reading the stories of another man. As well as those stories will always be distorted when that one man controls other men. Or if the author is controlled by another man. As control itself is distortion.

They control, therefore they distort.
mamnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
andy1033

Just like the idea of vampires and werewolves only sprung up in europe hundreds of years ago, when in fact its probably thousands of years old.

Shows you how well history is taught.

Also makes you wonder how many bad things have covered up by the socalled winners over the years.

I always say that any history book written on any person, is virtually rubbish. Its essentially gossip, and you all know how reliable gossip is, its rubbish speak.

Last edited by andy1033; 30-11-2013 at 12:05 PM.
andy1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #9
greenery

Here's a quote I love.

Quote:
There is a history of the world of which most people are unaware. It is encapsulated in the phrase, “History is written by the victors.” What about those who lost? Their stories are lost in the tales of the winners. They are notes in the margin. They are “Other”. Often, little is known about them beyond the slanders and libels their successful enemies levelled at them. History doesn’t record their voices. Often, they left no written documents, or at least none that survived the destruction wrought by their enemies.

This lost history doesn’t concern wars between great nations or famous battles involving powerful kings or the most skilled generals. Instead, it is a struggle of the powerless against the powerful, of minorities against majorities, outsiders versus insiders, oppressed against the oppressors, have-nots against haves, those with nothing against those with everything, the margins of society versus the establishment. In the vast majority of cases, the establishment is triumphant. Often, the minorities – the heretics, the rebels, the revolutionaries, the members of the resistance, the freedom fighters, those leading alternative lives, the anti-establishment, those who won’t bow to tyrants – are destroyed and exterminated. They are usually labelled mad, evil and dangerous and their terrible fate is held up as a warning to those who might follow the same path. “Do not be like them or you will suffer the same consequences,” is the message.
source:http://armageddonconspiracy.co.uk/Th...1564027%29.htm

It's not just history, as we usually think about the word history, it's a major part of our perception of reality. George Orwell obviously described it well. Nineteen Eighty-Four is mandatory reading for anyone interested in understanding the world, I think.

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."
greenery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #10
mamnoon
Inactive

Quote:
“Do not be like them or you will suffer the same consequences,”
while that seems like a much better choice of words, that's mostly what I meant by

Quote:
Whether true or false all history has meaning in which should not be lost. And that is who won, and exactly why they won. The process in which they used to terminate the opposing force.

Last edited by mamnoon; 30-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
mamnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #11
greenery

I think a current example of such a winner might be the owners of Google. Just think about the power over the mind of much of humanity that lies in the hands of those few people. All I can say is I'm glad I believe in God...
greenery is offline   Reply With Quote