Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 17-09-2008, 02:45 PM   #41
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegirl View Post
I'm looking into the benefits of one of these, might be healthier than chlorine tablets and such, and also small and lightweight- supposed to purify water by UV light:

http://www.steripen.com/travel/products.html
SteriPEN® Traveler Handheld Water Purifier (TR-RP).
The Traveler is half the size of the SteriPEN Classic with the same great attributes: convenience, ease of use and speed. It’s perfect for people traveling to “at risk” water countries, and for peace of mind in water emergencies anywhere. Traveler is proven effective against risks like Cryptosporidium and Giardia. Now you can carry hundreds of gallons of purified water in your pocket, purse or travel bag.
thank you biblegirl .
truly a smart person .

size of light made a tread too called

water ,

that too shows some real good home based water filtration systems .

have you read the whole thread ?
hopefully .

this thread is not designed for fear , or to encourag people to submit to fear like some have said on previous threads .
this thread is just a practical . make safe idea just incase .
thanks for the info biblegirl .
truly greatfull .

X.

tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #42
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
thank you biblegirl .
truly a smart person .

size of light made a tread too called

water ,

that too shows some real good home based water filtration systems .

have you read the whole thread ?
hopefully .

this thread is not designed for fear , or to encourag people to submit to fear like some have said on previous threads .
this thread is just a practical . make safe idea just incase .
thanks for the info biblegirl .
truly greatfull .

X.

ive just loked at it biblegirl .

WELLDONE !

ultra violot kills all viruses and bacteria ! well done .

water can still carry heavy metals though , so some type of filtration system cold back up the ultra violot pen very well indeed .
a good complimentry system at that .

of cours water purifying tabs do have dangers , but it is a last resort not to be ignored .
that site rocks !
good info biblegirl .
its a better alternative i will admit .
Old 17-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #43
the itinerant shrubber

There are other threads pertaining to these lists on the other pages btw, although if the nukes are flying,the only thing of any use will be a plane ticket out of here.
the itinerant shrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #44
duckingdafta

good thread... I will add the one thing I rely on most.. my Boots.. steel toe capped and as comfortable as possible and oversized by one. (allowing for extra layers). (even steel capped trainers are good). but your feet will be doing a lot more than usual.

and as a preparation in case you actually think you're not fit enough for any of this the answer is simple.. go swimming. even if you where good as a kid, or can't swim.. those muscles need reminding or training. agility not power is the main tool IMO.
twitter.com/dafta_duck
duckingdafta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #45
the_count

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoarg View Post
hi
does anyone know how long water will keep for, and how to store it.
ive lots of 5ltr plasic water bottles i thought i might fill them with tap water and store em some were.
i dont think there is any need to pannick yet, but the way things are looking with the world anythings possible and water companys might well go bust, i am not sure if thats possible but most water suppliers are privatised.

oh and dont forget ur anti detection foil so they cant spot ur heat signiture
you would probably need enough to cover ur tent.
a scanner might not be a bad idea, get a decent one and you can still listen to the radio.
If your storing tap water in used bottles, first clean bottles with a steralizing solution such as "Milton" or likewise, you can also use chlorine tablets (available online) Fill bottles and store in cool dark place, its important to keep them out of sunlight as there is evidence that chamicals can leach out of the plastic in prolonged UV light.
i think..... and i may be corrected, this should keep for 3-6 months.
Pre bottled purified water , unopened, should keep.....and i might be wrong.... indefinately.
the_count is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #46
wazaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
bumbags = £5,99 each.
2x) water purification tablet bottles , each purifies 75 litres of water .=£5.99
1X) compass £5,99
1X) pen and paper wrapped in sealable bag =£3
1x) 1st aid kit ( small ) also bye one triangle bandages =£5
1X) knife varies , about a good £5 to £10
1X) water proof matches ( make them your self or bye them = £3,99
1X) fire flints £5 - got a firesteel
1X) ? silver water proof coats ( thin and small , in packets ) can cost £2,99 each , one for each member of family
1X)germaline tube= £1,99
1X)fire lighter fuel cells for out door fires =£2,99 small packet
1X) mini map of britain book =£5,99
1X0 little gem book called food for free =£4,99 =100 food types , preparing , cooking etc from nature very good value for money .
1x) para cord £5,99 = for securing a knife to a long stick forhunting and variouse other means .

ok i have got the above marked in bold in my bumbags, now im struggling with the unhighlighted parts.

The water purification tabs, i heard they taste shit. can you advise

the waterproof coats, do you mean poncho type things?

and the para cord what is that? i could only find a 25 meter one?

the fire lighter fule things is this them? http://www.surplusandadventure.com/s...ox-536256.html

Thanks in advance

Last edited by wazaaap; 17-09-2008 at 04:54 PM.
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #47
wazaaap

also liked the look of this

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shopscr2070.html
Old 17-09-2008, 05:24 PM   #48
biblegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
ok i have got the above marked in bold in my bumbags, now im struggling with the unhighlighted parts.

the fire lighter fule things is this them? http://www.surplusandadventure.com/s...ox-536256.html

Thanks in advance
maybe throw a whistle in, while you're at it
biblegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 05:33 PM   #49
none
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_count View Post
Firesteels available cheap enough on Ebay

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...nkw=fire+steel

Also recommend one of these knives, cheap but very good for the money.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Frosts-Mora-Hi...3286.m20.l1116.
I just bought a carbon and a stainless Frosts Mora knives from penrithsurvival.com .... quick service and good prices ..... also got a fire steel from there.
I'm buying some good boots this weekend. and some camo waterproof over trousers and gators.
I'm going to get an airgun next and a billion pelletts, for small game....
then sleeping bags (i have been recomended army ones I'll post a link for them when I get home later)
none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #50
wazaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
I just bought a carbon and a stainless Frosts Mora knives from penrithsurvival.com .... quick service and good prices ..... also got a fire steel from there.
I'm buying some good boots this weekend. and some camo waterproof over trousers and gators.
then sleeping bags (i have been recomended army ones I'll post a link for them when I get home later)
they are a tad more expensive than surplus and adventure though
Old 17-09-2008, 05:43 PM   #51
wazaaap

Quote:
maybe throw a whistle in, while you're at it
A whistle is a good isea, i like the army storm ones.
Old 17-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #52
biblegirl

If you have never used fire steel before, it helps to practice before you are in an emergency situation . It took me a while to get it started, but it was better to get frustrated and yell in the comfort of my own home, rather than in a real survival scenario .
Old 17-09-2008, 05:51 PM   #53
wazaaap

Quote:
If you have never used fire steel before, it helps to practice before you are in an emergency situation . It took me a while to get it started, but it was better to get frustrated and yell in the comfort of my own home, rather than in a real survival scenario .
I feel bad, i got it first time :-)
Old 17-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #54
biblegirl

Quote:
I feel bad, i got it first time :-)
Doh!
Old 17-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #55
tracker

sorry for being late wazaaap , chilren 1st this end as you understand .

the thin silver coats are aponcho style , yes .
they come in very thin bags and dont realy cost much at all , maybe as little as £1,99 .
however ponchos are great because they can act as a coat and a shelter .

as for the purification tablets , yes ive hered they taste ultra crap .
there are tablets you can bye to counter act that but ive lot me bearings now , give me a while and i can get back on it .

good info coming from ducky .lol ducky .

good stuff though duckinddafta .

thankyou again biblegirl , well done .

this threads geting good isnt it .
Old 17-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #56
the itinerant shrubber

Quote:

Thanks in advance
They dont taste any worse than tap water unless you havnt diluted it enough.Get lots of paracord and fire lighter fuel things are probably Hexiblocks.They come with Hexi stoves-little fold-out metal stove that is absolutely useless unless it is completely windless,plus you cant use them in an enclosed space unless you want to get a wicked headache. You can buy the blocks on there own though.All this you can find in your local army surplus shop and you can probably haggle with the guy too if you're buying enough.
Old 17-09-2008, 06:42 PM   #57
wazaaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by the itinerant shrubber View Post
They dont taste any worse than tap water unless you havnt diluted it enough.Get lots of paracord and fire lighter fuel things are probably Hexiblocks.They come with Hexi stoves-little fold-out metal stove that is absolutely useless unless it is completely windless,plus you cant use them in an enclosed space unless you want to get a wicked headache. You can buy the blocks on there own though.All this you can find in your local army surplus shop and you can probably haggle with the guy too if you're buying enough.
great advice, please everyone keep up the ideas this is brilliant
Old 17-09-2008, 06:44 PM   #58
the itinerant shrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by none View Post
You can use your carbon steel knife on your flint and steel if you lose the striker. Buy a few flint and steels. Permanently attach one to a key ring onto a pair of trousers with a piece of string long enough to pull out and use. Tie another one to the inside of your rucksack. Put another one inside your fire tin (mine is a boiled sweet tin) that you will use to make and store charcloth and to kepp your "king Alfreds cakes" in. With this bit of low-tech kit and some practice,you need never go without a fire again. I've lit fires this way for years even in pouring rain.

Old 17-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #59
the itinerant shrubber

Ah yes! Magnum traps! I invested in one of these beauties recently and I highly reccomend them especially as they're only a tenner each. They're body grip traps so they will never foul trap an animal and leave it suffering.These will kill anything from a rat to a Badger (not that I kill Badgers) and are absolutely lethal. Set them up and then leave them for the day while you go out hunting.Anything that increases the odds of you eating that night is a good thing.
The one featured here is the 110 but I have the 116 which is for larger animal,mainly rabbits and is the same price.
http://www.solwayfeeders.com/Product...st1.asp?cat=30
This company is great btw. I ordered a rat trap at 9:00 yesterday and it arrived in this mornings post all the way from Scotland to Suffolk.
Old 17-09-2008, 08:42 PM   #60
none
Inactive

Quote:
they are a tad more expensive than surplus and adventure though
Not for what I just bought ....
Scout firesteel www.surplusandadventure.com
Scout firesteel www.penrithsurvival.com
Frost Knife www.surplusandadventure.com
Frost Knife www.penrithsurvival.com