Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 31-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #41
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
The Pedal Power Generator can produce 110v 425w output

Wind-up torches, radios & phone chargers

Water powered clocks & calculators

A watch using thermal power from body heat

Pedal powered bike lights

Eco Media Player the wind-up version of the video i-pod
Above is wisdom

Solar technology is over rated JUNK
times7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #42
kblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by times7 View Post
Above is wisdom

Solar technology is over rated JUNK
And still they are wasting money how to make solar cells more efficient? How about showing some good hard evidence that solar power is not worth it? Especially when for home use.

There are other alternatives, but as I see it, they would all supplement each other quite well. With a solar powered laptop, the laptop could even run all those nifty USB devices... im recharging my cell on a laptop these days. There are more efficient ways, but would add to the uses of a solar powered laptop.

And you are suggesting candles and gas as an alternative? Those can be used to make up for when the solar power is insufficient, but would of course be a quite limited stock. Even stocking up for 2 years would seem to take up quite alot of space.

If all this is to have a chance of working long term, then it is needed to go all the way with it. Making a small self supporting community, where they got generators, animals, crop fields and so on. Alternatives to electricity powered stuff is needed for everything, and everything needing electricity should be for emergencies alone, or if there is enough power to run it, without running low on power, like a communications system. Solar power seems the most efficient way to get warm water, and I guess some algea would make a small water cleaning facility. Everything should be recycled. Toilet waste could be used either as fertiliser, or as fuel for ovens.

A few bee hives would be usefull to be able to make candles, honey and they help plant growth I believe.

A generator run by a bicicle would probably be usefull then have a shift of people running it a few hours a day, giving a hour to them each or something like that.

Living near water would be needed as well I guess, so an aquaduct system would probably have many uses as well, especially with a threadmill or two along the way to run a few mills to make either power or grinding crops into flour.
kblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 05:59 PM   #43
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblood View Post
And still they are wasting money how to make solar cells more efficient?
Kblood

The solar technology given to the public in 2008 is JUNK

I agree with you Kblood, solar tech has massive potential but they will not give that to the people,they will not allow that,the system sells solar junk instead.

Ok, it sounds daft to say bottled gas is a better investment than solar power but its not,you can live of the grid with bottled gas for 2 years with an investment of £100(cooking only) i have done the math

People are posting on this thread they have brought solar panels from the pound shop,the pound shop is a JUNK shop and if you disagree with that i will laugh at you

as for living in a community,no thanks, thats communism(Marxism) Karl Marx planned this,as well as GLOBAL goverment(to be ruled by one)

Antichrist

btw

You say your laptop runs of solar power(,tell me were to buy this amazing solar panel)

give me the price, sell it to me and dont make up any porky`s(lies)

or i will call you on it,how many hours charging your solar panel does it take take before you have enough power to cruise the net for an hour ?,give the forum the stats,ie,the price,hours charging and most of all were to buy it ?

I am listening
Old 31-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #44
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Kblood

I agree with you Kblood, solar tech has massive potential but they will not give that to the people,they will not allow that,the system sells solar junk instead.

Ok, it sounds daft to say bottled gas is a better investment than solar power but its not,you can live of the grid with bottled gas for 2 years with an investment of £100(cooking only) i have done the math

People are posting on this thread they have brought solar panels from the pound shop,the pound shop is a JUNK shop and if you disagree with that i will laugh at you

as for living in a community,no thanks, thats communism(Marxism) Karl Marx planned this,as well as GLOBAL goverment(to be ruled by one)

Antichrist

btw

You say your laptop runs of solar power(,tell me were to buy this amazing solar panel)

or i will call you on it,how many hours charging your solar panel does it take take before you have enough power to cruise the net for an hour ?,give the forum the stats,ie,the price,hours charging and most of all were to buy it ?

I am listening
Times7 I have to say that I have come to the conclusion that you dont know anything AT ALL about solar power. Go away and swat up on the subject and then come back and discuss it with us.
And what is these "Pound Shop solar panels" you are talking about. Read this whole thread PROPERLY and then reply.
And yes you can power a laptop with a solar panel. Look it up on the internet.

We ALREADY know gas is good, so are candles, wind power and the rest but this thread is about solar panels and batteries. No-one disagrees with you that in the future (and right now) we need a COMBINATION of energy resources.
steevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #45
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrew1973 View Post
From a "Pound Empire" shop in Manchester city centre only yesterday, no idea if there`s one your way. It`s this one: http://www.iosss.com/shopping/review...FQ66PAodEzC6QQ but I paid £6 for mine
steevo

would like to know some info on this pound empire shop
(is it a junk shop ?)

£6 ?

how are you getting on with this high tech solar power that costs £6 ?

btw

I bet you cant fry a steak
Old 31-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #46
pleasuredome
Inactive

Quote:
And what is these "Pound Shop solar panels" you are talking about.
Quote:
(is it a junk shop ?)

oh god, this has really tickled me
pleasuredome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #47
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
steevo

(is it a junk shop ?)

£6 ?

btw

Please read the thread again. You have got it wrong.
Old 31-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #48
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
steevo

(is it a junk shop ?)

£6 ?

btw

You are a troll get off my thread.
Old 31-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #49
pleasuredome
Inactive

i dont know if anyone's mention this, but deep cycle batteries are best for running equipment off as they dont lose so much of there charge capacity each time they are depleted.

LED lighting is obviously better than normal bulbs and last far longer.

a couple of years ago i tried out running my laptop and sound system from a car battery that was about had it, only had to charge it up once a week.
pleasuredome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #50
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
You are a troll get off my thread.

am i ?

Just giving a point of view steevo

Solar panels sold in 2008 have a shelf life,ie they are not made for the long term

a bit like when you buy a modern fridge,they aint built to last,a fridge was made better in the 1950s,its TRUE

I am getting ready for a famine and the meltdown of the financial system,respect to you Steevo or anyone who invests in solar tech,£40 on a solar panel,you could spend your money on a lot worse,but i dont think i will bother,i know more than you think mate
Old 31-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #51
them

This would be a good place

Grade II watermill with own mill pond on the River Ingol. Date stone 1800. Scenic location accessed by private driveway and public footpath to Royal Sandringham. Two interlinked buildings over two floors with total GF footprint of approx 110 m2. Restoration work required but generally in fair order. 13ft internal waterwheel, last worked two years ago. Re-roofed approx ten years ago. Planning consent has not yet been applied for but would make an ideal weekend retreat for interesting renovation work, artists studio or just relaxing. Beach 2 miles away. - Pictures available

Price: £225,000

email: [email protected]

That place and a JCB wouldn't do you any harm..

I like the RinkyDink Sound System.

Take a look at Dynamo Dans site.

I know this character, lol.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/baka/rinky/index.html
Old 01-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #52
homebrew1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasuredome View Post
i dont know if anyone's mention this, but deep cycle batteries are best for running equipment off as they dont lose so much of there charge capacity each time they are depleted.

LED lighting is obviously better than normal bulbs and last far longer.

a couple of years ago i tried out running my laptop and sound system from a car battery that was about had it, only had to charge it up once a week.
Very true, obviously the bigger the amperage the more power it has in it (as well as being much more heavy!).

I wonder, purely out of curiosity, how much it`d cost to replace all the bulbs at Blackpool Illuminations with LEDs?
homebrew1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #53
morphix
Inactive

Quote:
steevo

(is it a junk shop ?)

£6 ?

btw

Please click the link you quoted yourself.....

done yet?

As you can see it wasn't for a "High tech solar panel that cost £6" it was directing us to a wind up lattern nothing solar or high tech about it.

Sorry I have to agree with Steevo here your a troll and if you were interested in discussion / debate you would have at least checked the information in the thread before jumping to conclusions and trying de-rail the thread.
morphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #54
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphix View Post
Please click the link you quoted yourself.....

done yet?

As you can see it wasn't for a "High tech solar panel that cost £6" it was directing us to a wind up lattern nothing solar or high tech about it.

Sorry I have to agree with Steevo here your a troll and if you were interested in discussion / debate you would have at least checked the information in the thread before jumping to conclusions and trying de-rail the thread.
The thread is about solar power,i presumed the link was about the THREAD,ie solar power,it hardley makes me the most evil man on the planet does it morphex ?

How have i tried to derail the thread when i have stayed on topic ? anyway those lanterns are pretty good,so its all good,i dont want to get in to some childish argument over it,lets call a truce

peace
Old 01-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #55
kblood

Quote:
Kblood

Maybe so, I know a place that gets their hot water all summer from one solar panel though, and I find that quite effective. It just needs to be washed once a day to stay effective. I dont know how well it works during winter, but the sun still shine during winther.

Gas used for cooking only, yes that could work. For heating and light, then it would quickly run out though, and how many people would it be cooking for during these 2 years? And how much space would the gas canisters take up?
My brother has a gas oven but it is supplied by a gas line so no refilling there. Kinda hard to measure that then, and he only uses it for pots and pans since his oven doesnt work for some reason.

Quote:

Antichrist
I just said community because that is what I have heard them being called. I didnt know communism actually was to be something run by one person at the top, seems rather... unstable. Power corrupts and depending on one person to rule well for several years is something I wouldnt rely on, although there might be a few capable of doing it well. The chance of those few beings the ones doing it though, and then it would still not be everyone who would be pleased by it anyway.

What I meant was that to be truly self sufficient it would take alot of team work. Everyone for themselves might work, but if it had to be done for say 4-5 years, then trading and cooperation would be needed.

I believe the solar cells sold to the public are crap because the public usually doesnt buy them in large enough quantities, mostly to maybe get hot water done by solar heating most of the year. Only a few seem to go for covering a roof with solar panels to get some actually usuable energy. I find those solar powered garden lamps quite nice as well. They power up during the day and stay lit all night I believe. Its a quite small solar cell even, smaller than the palm or your hand. Some have modded them into powering something else I believe.

Quote:
btw

I am listening
Its not my laptop that is solar powered I just read about there being a laptop designed to be solar powered. I havent got any specs on it or anything, I just mentioned it because someone else also brought up that they do exist, and if I find one and it is something that costs 2500£ or more, then I would buy one just to see how well it works.

I could try to find one of these laptops and see wether they are in production and sold for the public. Solar powered cars also exist, but I believe they are partly run by battery, and part solar panels.
kblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #56
times7

Kblood

I do agree that solar power is good for light,those garden lamps are pretty neat,but solar power is only good for light bulbs BUT cooking ? forget it..

Fair enough, you mention solar power heating water but its over rated,i know people who have solar panels on thier roof and paid a LOT of money with NIL return,some dont admit it,i guess, no one likes to admit being ripped off.

If you want to survive,you dont need light(even though it helps) myself got solar lights

You see, to survive you dont need light or heating but you do need food

12p a tin of beans in the UK right now,49p a tin of Tuna,tinned corned corned beef,rice is cheap so is FLOUR,but what you need is cooking power to crack the survival code(Bottled gas)

people live in a dream world,they think they can buy fishing rods and live in the wild,maybe some are lucky to live near the wilds but most of the wilds have long gone,i am looking to live of the grid for up to 3 1/2 years tops,not in the wilds but in my home,when the revolution kicks off

Famine happened in Russia,Ethiopia,China

Tens of millions DEAD,these people were not stupid,famine is coming

Beware Kblood
Old 01-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #57
times7

Kblood

I just wanted to add,as your post got me thinking...........

Any community of 100+ people living together,someone has to clean the toilets,do the washing,cook the food and that ALWAYS means some Hitler is telling people what to do,a leader

Communism is a con,Karl Marx was very clever,communism works like this

"All animals are equal but some ? are more equal than others"

George Orwell based his famous book animal farm on communism,Jones Town,Charles Manson,Wako were all communes, ran by bullies, if history is understood,its the only way a commune can keep order,you better believe it.

btw

We agree on solar tech not reaching its potential Kblood,but its because they are hiding the Truth and selling us solar JUNK(by design)
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM   #58
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
Kblood

I just wanted to add,as your post got me thinking...........

Any community of 100+ people living together,someone has to clean the toilets,do the washing,cook the food and that ALWAYS means some Hitler is telling people what to do,a leader

Communism is a con,Karl Marx was very clever,communism works like this

"All animals are equal but some ? are more equal than others"

George Orwell based his famous book animal farm on communism,Jones Town,Charles Manson,Wako were all communes, ran by bullies, if history is understood,its the only way a commune can keep order,you better believe it.

btw

We agree on solar tech not reaching its potential Kblood,but its because they are hiding the Truth and selling us solar JUNK(by design)
Well if someone HAS to clean the toilet then the toilet will be cleaned. What do you suggest Times7 if they DONT clean the toilet ? Do you suggest they be punished or something ? YOU sound like a little hitler to me. We dont need leaders like you are suggesting. Or are you "just playing devils advocate" ?

You are brainwashed WAKE UP!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #59
times7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
Well if someone HAS to clean the toilet then the toilet will be cleaned. What do you suggest Times7 if they DONT clean the toilet ? Do you suggest they be punished or something ? YOU sound like a little hitler to me. We dont need leaders like you are suggesting. Or are you "just playing devils advocate" ?

You are brainwashed WAKE UP!

I am just telling the Truth Steevo

In a "commune" STEEVO

you will find that the same people are cleaning the toilets day in day out in these communes,while some Hitler is barking orders,you normaly find people lost in communes,in the end the wise escape(if they can)

Read up on,Jim Jones,Charles Manson,David Koresh,Polpot,Moa,Stalin,KARL MARX they all thought communes were "good" but none of these famous names cleaned any toilets in their rancid lives

btw

you are starting to bore me

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z
Old 01-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #60
steevo
Inactive

Quote:
I am just telling the Truth Steevo

In a "commune" STEEVO

you will find that the same people are cleaning the toilets day in day out in these communes,while some Hitler is barking orders,you normaly find people lost in communes,in the end the wise escape(if they can)

Read up on,Jim Jones,Charles Manson,David Koresh,Polpot,Moa,Stalin,KARL MARX they all thought communes were "good" but none of these famous names cleaned any toilets in their rancid lives

btw

you are starting to bore me

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z
You have such a negative outlook on humanity and it's possibilities. Yes go back to sleep.