Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 28-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #41
tom bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas parker View Post
1000-2000 rounds for each weapon is a good start....
Blimey

Having any amount is a good idea, but there is no maximum, or minimum for that matter.

If one thinks that a total breakdown in society is going to happen, then I would think that building your own rounds would be better than hopping that you can stock enough. By the time that the 'roaving hoards' stop banging on your door, you should have created a decent way of living from the land itself. If you were carefull with your rounds, you would only need them (after the hoards) for the occational big game for food. And even then you could farm deer or the like.

By all accounts it would be bedlem in a true society breakdown, but that is a last and worst case scenario. It most likely will not be so bad in most scenarios.

Homestead or just home protection is the most likely need for a firearm.

Thus if you can, then learn yourself. Have the wife learn. Have the kids learn from an early start, and pray that that teaching is never used as something to remember is that some homes (in the US more than in the UK) are only 'partitioned by plaster board and the like. So watch out for your stray bullets.

Nelly.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #42
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
Blimey

Having any amount is a good idea, but there is no maximum, or minimum for that matter.

If one thinks that a total breakdown in society is going to happen, then I would think that building your own rounds would be better than hopping that you can stock enough. By the time that the 'roaving hoards' stop banging on your door, you should have created a decent way of living from the land itself. If you were carefull with your rounds, you would only need them (after the hoards) for the occational big game for food. And even then you could farm deer or the like.

By all accounts it would be bedlem in a true society breakdown, but that is a last and worst case scenario. It most likely will not be so bad in most scenarios.

Homestead or just home protection is the most likely need for a firearm.

Thus if you can, then learn yourself. Have the wife learn. Have the kids learn from an early start, and pray that that teaching is never used as something to remember is that some homes (in the US more than in the UK) are only 'partitioned by plaster board and the like. So watch out for your stray bullets.

Nelly.
Maximum is what u can carry nelly

A breakdown in society means no foood..electricity...gas....petrol or diesel....or your home comforts...

If that happens...and it wdnt take a lot to tip a scenario like that....well its no good looking on the bright side...prepare for the worst and anything less is a bonus

Last edited by entrangermercenary; 07-10-2010 at 10:33 PM.
entrangermercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:58 PM   #43
witch1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4pture View Post
Hi
After 2 years of researching I have got the stage where I am now genuinely afraid what is coming and I want to make some plans to survive. as it stands i dont really know anyone on these forums but i suspect there must be some like minded people out there.

I live in Nottingham and I really want to start or join some kind of group to prepare for the absolute chaos that is going to hit us. Are there any ideas or thoughts?
Its pretty obvious that society will crumble at some point.

Does anyone have any survival plans should the worse happen? What are they?
Its pretty obvious that you cannot survive alone.

. Are there any ideas or thoughts?
yep stop being paranoid and get on with your life for goodness sake. If anything does happen there will be nothing you can do - thats if anyone survivves. Anyway nothing drastic is gonna happen.
witch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #44
anahata

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrangermercenary View Post
Maximum is what u can carry nelly

A breakdown in society means no foood..electricity...gas....petrol or diesel....or your home comforts...

If that happens...and it wdnt take a lot to tip a scenario like that....well its no good looking on the bright side...prepare for the worst and anything less is a bonus
You're wrong Always look on the bright side of life *whistles*

Like it or not and please look at the basic facts.. we're living in an equation!! This is an electromagnetic system which has quite simple rules and it's really not that difficult to understand.. even for you!

So

1 banana + 2 apples + 3 grapes = fruit salad

now this is the tricky part...

paranoia + repression = war

negative thinking + war = catastrophe

positive thinking + forgiveness = war

... which of the above doesn't make sense?

It's called resonance, whatever we tune ourselves to is the reality we are faced with. Burn your karma quickly, enjoy life and know there is a part of you which is divine... the best will then follow as you rebalance the equation.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #45
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anahata View Post

Like it or not and please look at the basic facts.. we're living in an equation!! This is an electromagnetic system which has quite simple rules and it's really not that difficult to understand.. even for you!

So

It's called resonance, whatever we tune ourselves to is the reality we are faced with. Burn your karma quickly, enjoy life and know there is a part of you which is divine... the best will then follow as you rebalance the equation.

Ill give you fruit salad

Obviously the fruit salad is the odd one out....as you dont have enuff grapes !!!
Are you talking to me about karma

The point i made is " if that happens "

Now as you know me.....have i EVER wished doom and destruction on anything bar spiders....

Nice 2 c u have been posting young lady....ill give u a bell l8r xx
Old 08-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #46
jonas parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by anahata View Post

So

Sorry you had problems in algebra and logic. How about:

paranoia + repression + reality = reality

negative thinking + war + reality = reality

positive thinking + forgiveness + reality = reality

wishful thinking + reality = reality

The good people here are trying to help each other out in preparing for whatever happens in a future that is uncertain at best. Good times or bad, extra food in the pantry, extra first aid supplies in the bathroom cabinet, hand tools in the work room, and additional knowledge of gardening, first-aid, food canning, radio communications, auto repair, etc. won't hurt you or those dependent on you and, should worse come to worse, may actually help.

In other words, as much as we wish that good things continue, the reality of what actually happens is still the reality. Prepare or don't - your choice. Reality doesn't care one way or the other.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #47
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Quote:

Yep, reality is the trump card in any game.

Quote:
The good people here are trying to help each other out in preparing for whatever happens in a future that is uncertain at best. Good times or bad, extra food in the pantry, extra first aid supplies in the bathroom cabinet, hand tools in the work room, and additional knowledge of gardening, first-aid, food canning, radio communications, auto repair, etc. won't hurt you or those dependent on you and, should worse come to worse, may actually help.
The "reality" is that a lot of different LITTLE disasters happen all the time.

I got snowed in a few years ago - I live 3 blocks from Main Street, 2 miles from a grocery store. With 3 feet of snow in the street it was an adventure to just go to the park a block away and wade around waist deep with the kids.

About once a year a drunk hits a power pole and knocks out the electricity for about 1/4 of town. My gas furnace doesn't work very well when the blower can't run.

Being prepared for "reality" means that you'll be better prepared for "disaster" if it ever happens.

Part of the problem around here is that people seem to enjoy making up fantasy disasters and freaking themselves out about "what if." Look at it this way - if the entire national government were to collapse over night, the lights and water will still work, because people will still get up and go to work and keep the systems running. Big 2012 scenarios are easy to get worked up about, but what about this one:

I was home with a baby, and doing laundry. Pouring the bleach I had some splash onto my face. Didn't get into my eyes, but what if it did? I would need immediate care, couldn't drive with my eyes burned, my wife was an hour away, and the baby still needs a bottle and a diaper. So I put a pair of safety goggles next to the bleach bottle. Easy prevention of a great big possible hassle.

I don't have a thousand rounds of ammo (well, maybe .22LR, but that's hardly worth comment) but I do have several hundred rounds of pistol ammo and about 60 rounds for the hunting rifle. My wife's pistol has prepped speed-loaders next to it in the pistol safe. If anything ugly were to happen when I'm not around (I'm in the National Guard, I end up gone for 2 weeks every summer, and I may end up gone for a year before my contract expires) my wife has that tool available.
apollo_gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #48
anahata

Quote:

Ill give you fruit salad

Obviously the fruit salad is the odd one out....as you dont have enuff grapes !!!
Are you talking to me about karma

The point i made is " if that happens "

Now as you know me.....have i EVER wished doom and destruction on anything bar spiders....

Nice 2 c u have been posting young lady....ill give u a bell l8r xx
How long have you spend thinking about aggression? Seriously
Old 08-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #49
anahata

Quote:

In other words, as much as we wish that good things continue, the reality of what actually happens is still the reality. Prepare or don't - your choice. Reality doesn't care one way or the other.
The good people here need more than a reservation of food and weapons. By all means I'm not saying don't do this but we need more than this, we need transformation. Reality does care what happens, the mechanism for it is indifferent but you are part of reality and you certainly care and are responsible for your own state.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM   #50
jonas parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo_gnomon View Post
Yep, reality is the trump card in any game.

... I'm in the National Guard, I end up gone for 2 weeks every summer, and I may end up gone for a year before my contract expires.
I thank you for your service.

Semper Paratus!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #51
heuer
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahn2010 View Post
2)Buy a camper van, if you live in america, buy one of the big ones, if you live in Britain, buy a large 4x4, extend the fuel tank and buy 4 vary large jimmy cans for fuel and attach them onto the vehicle. Also, if you have the 4x4 option, build in a toilet. (or practice shitting behind a bush, using large leaves as toilet paper.
hahaha
heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #52
tom bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
Nope. My rounds are this big; http://www.ttgnet.com/images/thumbna...iber_small.jpg

Nah...when I fire, I just wave and hope for the best. It is best to not be close to me on the range; http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KgIqQvYUs3...breBreasts.jpg

Too true.

Nelly.
There they are.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:41 AM   #53
exmicrochipmafia

Quote:
1000-2000 rounds for each weapon is a good start....
Good number for defending in place, but far too impracticle when on the move. Basically I'd suggest whatever you can fit in the weapon, string on a belt and stuff into a few pockets- should be around the 100 round mark and you'll be set for a while so long as you're smart and conservative with them.
exmicrochipmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #54
exmicrochipmafia

Default Strategic thinking

One thing you must do is think strategically. It's all fine and dandy to think of firepower and spraying bullets like Rambo, but it's very impracticle unless you're in a unit.
If you're alone or defending your family you have to adapt a stealthy mode. One shot, one kill. ONLY one shot if you can get away with it otherwise your position is given away by the second shot. Try to think and act like a sniper or a hunter. If there's a group of 'enemy' take your time and try to identify the leader or the one barking out the orders and take HIM out. Blast the 'Alpha' and you demoralize the followers.
Hand to hand combat is to be avoided at all costs unless it's your only option and the best weapon is a trenching shovel. Screw knives and machetes- any soldier will tell you that those shovels are beautiful weapons. They're light weight, edged on all sides, collapsable, and multi functional and in fact were the preferred weapon in WW1 trench warfare.
exmicrochipmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #55
jozen bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4pture View Post
Hi
After 2 years of researching I have got the stage where I am now genuinely afraid what is coming and I want to make some plans to survive. as it stands i dont really know anyone on these forums but i suspect there must be some like minded people out there.

I live in Nottingham and I really want to start or join some kind of group to prepare for the absolute chaos that is going to hit us. Are there any ideas or thoughts?
Its pretty obvious that society will crumble at some point.

Does anyone have any survival plans should the worse happen? What are they?
Its pretty obvious that you cannot survive alone.
Suvival plans...lol..HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!....best plan is to make peace with yourself, prepare for anything, even death, and take action in accord with your wisdom!
jozen bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #56
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmicrochipmafia View Post
Good number for defending in place, but far too impracticle when on the move. Basically I'd suggest whatever you can fit in the weapon, string on a belt and stuff into a few pockets- should be around the 100 round mark and you'll be set for a while so long as you're smart and conservative with them.

Where did you get this info from....personel experience ???
Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #57
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Quote:
Where did you get this info from....personel experience ???
I think he pulled it out of thin air. Basic combat load for Infantry in Afghanistan is 30 round mag in weapon and 180 rounds in mags in assault pack. SAW gunners have 100 round belt in weapon, and 700 rounds linked ammo in assault pack.

. . . and of course you're operating with a minimum of a fire team (4 or 5) at all times, with the other half of the squad nearby.

Really, it depends on what you expect to be doing! I think I could defend my home from looters with 1000 rounds of .22LR and a couple well-place shots from a .357, but I'd never try to hunker down and defend my home from major assault, since my "fire team" is mostly under the age of 10.
apollo_gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #58
tom bombadil

Quote:
..............since my "fire team" is mostly under the age of 10.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20..._470x376,0.jpg

Old 10-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #59
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmicrochipmafia View Post
One thing you must do is think strategically. It's all fine and dandy to think of firepower and spraying bullets like Rambo, but it's very impracticle unless you're in a unit.
If you're alone or defending your family you have to adapt a stealthy mode. One shot, one kill. ONLY one shot if you can get away with it otherwise your position is given away by the second shot. Try to think and act like a sniper or a hunter. If there's a group of 'enemy' take your time and try to identify the leader or the one barking out the orders and take HIM out. Blast the 'Alpha' and you demoralize the followers.
Hand to hand combat is to be avoided at all costs unless it's your only option and the best weapon is a trenching shovel. Screw knives and machetes- any soldier will tell you that those shovels are beautiful weapons. They're light weight, edged on all sides, collapsable, and multi functional and in fact were the preferred weapon in WW1 trench warfare.
Lets just slow down and go thru this ....

What type of weapons are you using ??

One shot one kill....are you or have you been trained as a sniper ??? For the average joe that aint going to happen....

A switched on group will all ready have an assault plan and may hve been watching you for several days...

Hand to hand well if you are in that situation I wdn fancy your chances against a band of nutters...good luck with that...

Your best option is not to engage a group of enemy but to have an emergency rendezvous point with some supplies...water...ammo cached...

Its your area and you should know it like the back of your hand
Old 10-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #60
entrangermercenary
Inactive

Quote:
I think he pulled it out of thin air. Basic combat load for Infantry in Afghanistan is 30 round mag in weapon and 180 rounds in mags in assault pack. SAW gunners have 100 round belt in weapon, and 700 rounds linked ammo in assault pack.

. . . and of course you're operating with a minimum of a fire team (4 or 5) at all times, with the other half of the squad nearby.

Really, it depends on what you expect to be doing! I think I could defend my home from looters with 1000 rounds of .22LR and a couple well-place shots from a .357, but I'd never try to hunker down and defend my home from major assault, since my "fire team" is mostly under the age of 10.
Thats why I was asking