Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 22-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
r4pture

Default End of the world

Hi
After 2 years of researching I have got the stage where I am now genuinely afraid what is coming and I want to make some plans to survive. as it stands i dont really know anyone on these forums but i suspect there must be some like minded people out there.

I live in Nottingham and I really want to start or join some kind of group to prepare for the absolute chaos that is going to hit us. Are there any ideas or thoughts?
Its pretty obvious that society will crumble at some point.

Does anyone have any survival plans should the worse happen? What are they?
Its pretty obvious that you cannot survive alone.

Last edited by r4pture; 22-07-2010 at 08:21 PM.
r4pture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4pture View Post
Hi
After 2 years of researching I have got the stage where I am now genuinely afraid what is coming and I want to make some plans to survive.

First step is make sure you are not part of the "river of screaming meat" trying to exit a disaster zone. Move to a place that's low risk, and has multiple exits. In the Western US we have trouble because all the traffic is routed through a minimal number of interstate freeways - so you have to know where all the back roads are.

Second step is packing with some sense. Use this as a check list every time you take kids to the park or go for a day hike - the only difference is quantity.

Water
Food
Clothing
Shelter

those are your "survival basics." If you don't have these you're dead from dehydration (3 days) starvation (7 to 10 days) or hypothermia (a few hours, or a few minutes if you're in water)

An umbrella, sunglasses, a bottle of water and a bag of goldfish crackers might be all it takes to "survive" a trip to the park with small children. Extrapolate for your situation. Sweater? Tent? VW campmobile?

Transportation
The difference between a routine plane trip and .... Seriously, transportation failure is usually what drives the need for the above 4 basics. Even twisting your ankle on a hiking trip can be fatal if you're not prepared. My big 3-wheel stroller has puncture proof inner-tubes, tire-liners, and Slime(tm) so that I don't have problems coming back from the park.

Sanitation
Where do you shit? Where does the water come from? How long will you be in one spot? Do you have toilet paper?

Germs have killed more soldiers and refugees than any other single threat.

Health Care
Start with adhesive bandages and move up the chain of possible health needs. In the event of major disaster you or your traveling companions (friends, family, neighbors) may be injured as a result of the initial cause, or due to incidents related to evacuation. Like shooting the dipshits between you and the next water, and getting shot back at.

Small Appliances
Tools that help you do work more easily.

Lighters make fire faster than a bow drill. A bow drill is faster than rubbing sticks. Walkie talkies are faster than sending a runner. Flashlights are better than waiting for the full moon. Guns have reach, knives are sharper than pointy sticks, and a simple sling made with bootlaces can toss rocks farther than your arm alone. Do you have maps and compass for your area? What about areas nearby?

Cash money is a tool only if the economy exists. Otherwise, trade and barter goods are your tool for gathering resources from other humans.

There were pictures of people in New Orleans trying to escape Katrina with their big-screen TV's. Think about that for a minute. What DON'T you need?

The main task of soldiers in any army is to "shoot, move and communicate." In a survival situation you will be a soldier defending whatever you value most (your life, if nothing else) - every thing is a threat, until proven otherwise -- weather, terrain, other people -- EVERYTHING. Even the junk you're hauling along can be a threat to your survival.

Furniture
Tools that make life more comfortable. Camping chairs. Sleeping bag pads. ipod. You can probably survive without them. The big TV mentioned above? It goes in this category. If you're going to colonize open terrain with a family you'll probably need some amount of furniture. If the house is on fire you rescue the kids first, then the cat, and the couch absolutely last.

Pets
If an animal doesn't fall under "transportation" (horse, ox) "food" (cows, chickens, neighbor's cat) or "small appliances" (an attack trained dog) it's just a pet. Again, during Katrina people were trying to leave town with dogs. Most people's dogs are just stupid critters with no purpose. Leave 'em. Cats, love 'em though I do, are utterly useless.

In many nomadic civilizations the infirm and extremely old would leave the group voluntarily too not burden them when it was time to move.

Summary:
Ten item packing list, in order of most important:

Water
Food
Clothing
Shelter
Transportation
Sanitation
Health Care
Small Appliances
Furniture
Pets

Last edited by apollo_gnomon; 22-07-2010 at 08:49 PM.
apollo_gnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
makemyday

And I don't even care anymore about survival, I just want it to come to an end. But they won't take me alive anyway!!

"The only way out is through."

Reconciliation of Science and Religion - BACK TO THE ROOTS!
makemyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
kahn2010

1)Distillation kit should be you first choice. This means that whereever you go, you can always get water.

2)Buy a camper van, if you live in america, buy one of the big ones, if you live in Britain, buy a large 4x4, extend the fuel tank and buy 4 vary large jimmy cans for fuel and attach them onto the vehicle. Also, if you have the 4x4 option, build in a toilet. (or practice shitting behind a bush, using large leaves as toilet paper.

3)Get at least one gun, preferably a rifle, and stock up on ammo so you can hunt.
If not, buys as many long lasting foods as you can of every food type. Make sure you know how to gut animals for eating. Take a couple of survival books with you, especially the ones about eating rough, and sanitation in the wild.

4) Clothing: Buy hard wearing clothes. Not designer. My personal favorite is Army Surplus boots, trousers, and jackets. Tough, usually waterproof and extremely hard wearing. Try to buy the most hard wearing ones that you can.
Doesnt matter if its expensive or baggy, get things that are comfortable. Also buy extremely hard wearing backpacks, for when/if you run out of fuel for your vehicle.

5) Kids: Teach them the basics of survival. Force them if need be.
kahn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 03:50 AM   #5
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Excellent advice. Your items cover teh 4 survival basics, plus transportation, and sanitation, and keeping your kids from falling into the category "pets."
Old 25-07-2010, 04:04 AM   #6
01cobravortech
Inactive

Man some of you folks need to take a deep breath and relax with all this end of the world stuff. You're just going to stress yourself out about all these things.
01cobravortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #7
malkor

it's good to be prepared for survival. it doesn't have to be end of the world, i wouldn't want to live through that. but there are endless number of possible scenarios where civilization can get knocked down for a few weeks or months.

in such a case, one can prepare as well as possible within the confines of their budget. the goal should be independent survival for 3 months.

at any given time, you should have in storage enough food, water, fuel, ammunition and medical supplies to last 3 months.

if you can't do 3 months, try to aim for a week. there are other things you can collect and skills you can train to last longer, but that's a matter of personal preference. I'm at 2 weeks right now. i have a generator with enough power output to keep my refrigerator, freezer and a few small appliance (phone charger, laptop, raido, low power tv) going for 2 weeks. i even used it recently during a 3 day power outage.

food/water/medical supplies/ammunition i have enough to last a month. i can even hunt/trap local critters if i have to. plenty of squirrels and birds around.

and of course my dog which acts as a security alarm and seconds as a pack warrior.
malkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #8
blackstar76

I was in the same place as you a few months ago. Wanting to store food etc.

Now I realize the best thing to do is nothing. We don't know where the safe places are going to be. There may not be any safe places except in an underground base built for the elite. Best thing you can do is not be afraid. If you stay in fear and survive what is on the way then you give power to the negative forces that want to keep us under control.

Ask yourself this? If the world does collapse how did the ancients know this? Because a higher intelligence told them. That would be the only way. The ancients never predicted the end of the earth. Just the end of a cycle. The intelligent beings that taught this knew that a new better world and an a evolved human species will commence after this. The negative forces cannot hang on after this event.

Thats why they changed this knowledge in the bible. They made the end to be about Satan and thus fear. Thats why they are using the threat of war repeatly around the world. To build up fear.

Watch and listen to this video. He explains it better. Basically he is saying everything that Icke says but with more clarity. Although his english sometimes is hard to understand. Watch it all. It will make sense.

blackstar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
veritasvoice

I wouldn't classify it as "the end of the world", more like "the end of Western civilization as we know it" or "economic collapse". Another way of looking at it is that we are coming to the end of an age of human history, similar to the collapse of the Roman Empire.

If a catastrophe occurred on a scale that could destroy all life on this planet, chances are we wouldn't even notice because we'd all be dead in a split second. Extinction events don't concern me in the slightest, because there would likely be nothing we could do about it anyway.
veritasvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #10
apollo_gnomon
Banned

I don't hyperventilate over it or anything, I just try to stay alert and have done a few things to make my family more mobile and agile in the event of an emergency.

My wife calls it the Godzilla theory -- from the game SimCity. Eventually Godzilla will stomp through civilization. No civilization has avoided it yet -- why should ours be any different?

Godzilla is a metaphor for whatever causes the biggest disruption known to a given time and place. Earthquakes, volcanoes, long wars to fight insurgency in lands far from the homeland, massive government debt load and corruption coupled with unsustainable foreign trade imbalances -- And that's just the Roman Empire!!

I don't believe that the end of the world is just around the corner, but where I live we could get snowed in (again), or the river could flood half the town, or a train carrying sulfur hexaflouride could derail 2 blocks away. Even little shit can be a massive nuisance, and disrupt the survival basics. Heck, about once a year some drunk hits a power pole and knocks out the electricity for major portions of town. I have a gas furnace, but the blower and thermostat are electrical - if the electricity goes out on a cold winter night we're gonna get mighty chilly.

The list I presented above is a tool to help clarify the thinking process when things get chaotic. I'll use it tomorrow when I dump the kids into teh minivan to go to some festival in a nearby city, as it's a basic packing checklist. Camera? Cell phones? small appliances. Transportation? Maybe I'll take the little stroller to push the 5 year old when she gets tired of walking. See how it works?

Safety is a habit.
Old 25-07-2010, 05:49 AM   #11
blackstar76

You can stock up and prepare for the NWO choas which will happen before 2012. That may keep you alive till then. But you can't really prepare for 2012 because nobody knows how bad it will be or what it will be.
Old 25-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #12
apollo_gnomon
Banned

Yeah, 2012. Whatev' . . .

I ran up my student load debt and credit cards in anticipation of Y2K. Still working that one out.

We never expect the real disasters. The stuff we predict never makes as big of a splash as we think.
Old 25-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #13
herushura
Banned

http://www.2012hoax.org/
this will ease your mind
herushura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #14
blackstar76

Just because Y2K was wrong doesn't give you a free pass to believe everything else will be wrong.

We know that the earth goes through cycles.

Thats how dinosaurs became extinct.

Its how Glaciers were in places that we now live on. The sun was always in the same place. Therefor it was the earth that was on a different axis.

It is how some some cities became sunken in the past.

It is how sea's that existed now our deserts.

There is so much evidence in the past that the earth changes it axis. Don't believe it was volcanoes and asteriods like the history books state. Those things would have wiped out all life on earth. A polar shift is more likely the cause when you only have certain species being wiped out and not all species.
Old 25-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #15
woodywood143

Im not preparing myself for 2012, Im preparing for war with tyrants, TPTB This is a formidable enemy. To dismiss it as a bunch of 'cowards'
perpetuating 'senseless acts of violence'
is complacent nonsense. People willing to kill thousands of innocents while they kill themselves are not cowards.
They are deadly vicious warriors and need to be treated as such.
woodywood143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
blackstar76

Even if you can move to a place where you can hunt. Everyone will be soon to follow. Any wildlife that exist will be hunted to extinction within months. Plants don't grow in the winter. It is impossible to survive.
Old 26-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #17
malkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar76 View Post
Even if you can move to a place where you can hunt. Everyone will be soon to follow. Any wildlife that exist will be hunted to extinction within months. Plants don't grow in the winter. It is impossible to survive.
not necessarily, everybody doesn't know how to hunt and some places in the world don't have winters.
malkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #18
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4pture View Post
Hi
After 2 years of researching I have got the stage where I am now genuinely afraid what is coming and I want to make some plans to survive. as it stands i dont really know anyone on these forums but i suspect there must be some like minded people out there.

I live in Nottingham and I really want to start or join some kind of group to prepare for the absolute chaos that is going to hit us. Are there any ideas or thoughts?

YUP I remember what my life was like years ago being in the "End of world" mind too.

Eventually I got my self preps, studied some survival stuff and practiced it and got some home preps with a grab and run bag

but

dude/dudette ----------------------

The best thing you can do ?

Learn survival things by all means
learn self sufficiency yes

but most of all and I do mean this

Happiness is the ultimate success ,

do things one step at a time and allow your self some time to appreciate this life , to find the small things that really do count , have some quality you time .

I used to be here on this survival forum nearly every day

Im not saying that it has nothing else to offer but I have a life beyond survival you see , because survival is just that , survival , but it ain't living , and I love to live too .
Maybe you should too

In answer to your questions though , there is an array of information on this survival section , so much , it could keep you reading for months , just start from the top and work ya way through should you feel you need too , its all you have to do , thats what we do .

best wishes from Tracker

Last edited by tracker; 26-08-2010 at 09:04 AM.
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
_underscore_

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar76 View Post
If it were impossible to survive a major global disaster then _undercore_ wouldn't be sitting here typing this. There have been many cycles that humans have survived. Man will survive the impending global economic catastrophe, just in far fewer numbers than currently exist.
Old 24-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #20
armoured_amazon

Good thread
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote