Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 17-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
h2pogo
Inactive

Tracker sound advice especially about the fuel ..I live in a house at the moment on mains gas I think i might invest in a wood burner..It might be a good idea to keep my old cooking oil..
h2pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #22
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2pogo View Post
Tracker sound advice especially about the fuel ..I live in a house at the moment on mains gas I think i might invest in a wood burner..It might be a good idea to keep my old cooking oil..
Cooking oil can be used for candle light , which also gives off heat , only make sure that the house is ventilated during that time due to toxins in the air ( just on case -- you know ? carbon monoxide stuff )

I do have two Gerry cans for fuels
2 5 gallon water cans ( plastic )
a large plastic ground sheet to collect rain ( ya never know )
and a porta potty loo ( fully sealed ).

Small things like that can make a big difference in bad times .

Learning to grow and forage for food is also a winner IMO .
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #23
paracelsus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Absolutely yep

And you won't manage that in a city...like I've been saying for 3 years now lol.

I don't think stocking your pantry with a few weeks worth of tins is going to make much of a difference imho...
Yep, far better to become one of the zombies in the shopping mall

I think people are kidding themselves if they think there will be any kind of cooperation, 95% of the population have no disaster preparations whatsoever and will run out of food very quickly, if the supply chain gets interrupted for whatever reason. Country folks, who are a lot more self reliant, will mostly be fine.....

Last edited by paracelsus; 17-05-2010 at 02:54 PM.
paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #24
acharlatani

Apart from a months worth of food, seeds and water. I would make sure you have the following...

water purification tablets
axe
lighters
matches
sleeping bags
blankets
hiking boots
lantern
torches,
radio ( solar powered )
swiss army knife
first aid kits
extra fuel
sewing kit

Most important of all. WEAPONS...

SMASH THE SYSTEM
acharlatani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #25
curtaincat
Banned

I am wondering if what is the point of surviving anyway, if a stronger mean person will steal all your stuff. .. ?

and why survive if we are going to a diff dimension, such as the 4th dimension or whatever?

i dont really wanna be around in a fighting for survival situation. Not in a 3D world anyways.

I am getting lost in all this Survival stuff.

I thought that we are fighting for our 'soul rights' , against the crappy fake gods, not just fighting amongst ourselves ( human forms) .

Can anyone give me a clue?

When u die, that is the thing we need to know what to do.

Fighting for human existance .. seems futile.

I just reckon that your true self is your soul, and that u gotta watch out for the baddy's that suck u back into recycling yourself back to earth.. as we know it.

Nobody seems to understand what i mean.

But that is as far in understanding as i get it.

In the meantime, i am stocking up, wise move, as tracker says.. but

There is always a but.

a what if..

who knows...

Just have to trust yourself.
curtaincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #26
newworldengineer

Location: Caught up at the border of the living and the dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtaincat View Post
I am wondering if what is the point of surviving anyway, if a stronger mean person will steal all your stuff. .. ?

and why survive if we are going to a diff dimension, such as the 4th dimension or whatever?

i dont really wanna be around in a fighting for survival situation. Not in a 3D world anyways.

I am getting lost in all this Survival stuff.

I thought that we are fighting for our 'soul rights' , against the crappy fake gods, not just fighting amongst ourselves ( human forms) .

Can anyone give me a clue?

When u die, that is the thing we need to know what to do.

Fighting for human existance .. seems futile.

I just reckon that your true self is your soul, and that u gotta watch out for the baddy's that suck u back into recycling yourself back to earth.. as we know it.

Nobody seems to understand what i mean.

But that is as far in understanding as i get it.

In the meantime, i am stocking up, wise move, as tracker says.. but

There is always a but.

a what if..

who knows...

Just have to trust yourself.
I'm pretty sick of having to start hoarding things so that I can survive, I honestly don't want to live like this, not my idea of life one bit. If there is no shift in consciousness and the only way to survive is to collect loads of things so you can, I'd rather perish, I've lived a good life had some really crazy paranormal shit happen to me, I'll die happy.
"Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function" - Terrence Mckenna

http://www.youtube.com/redherringmedia

Last edited by newworldengineer; 17-05-2010 at 04:33 PM.
newworldengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #27
newworldengineer

and if I find some like minded individuals in my vicinity I'll be more than happy to organize some kind way to survive, but there are no like minded people near me and when the shit hits the fan, they're all gonna just go nuts and it's gonna be chaos.... great.
"Because we suggest a model of time whose mathematics dictate a built-in spiral structure, events keep gathering themselves into tighter and tighter spirals that lead inevitably to a final time. Like the center of a black hole, the final time is a necessary singularity, a domain or an event in which the ordinary laws of physics do not function" - Terrence Mckenna

Old 17-05-2010, 04:41 PM   #28
tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newworldengineer View Post
I'm pretty sick of having to start hoarding things so that I can survive, I honestly don't want to live like this, not my idea of life one bit. If there is no shift in consciousness and the only way to survive is to collect loads of things so you can, I'd rather perish, I've lived a good life had some really crazy paranormal shit happen to me, I'll die happy.

Last edited by tracker; 17-05-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 17-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #29
newworldengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker View Post
STOP HOARDING THEN !

a good survivalist does not HOARD ANYTHING !

getting things bit by bit is NOT Hoarding , thats what people DO when they PANIC BUY things in shops , HOARDING .

stop sterio typing preps with what other people and the governments do .

I also strongly sugest that you stop hoarding , its bad for shop owners , other people , puts a strain on the local economy .

I'm not hoarding anything by the way, maybe my choice of words wasn't the best

Last edited by newworldengineer; 17-05-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 17-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #30
tracker

Quote:
and if I find some like minded individuals in my vicinity I'll be more than happy to organize some kind way to survive, but there are no like minded people near me and when the shit hits the fan, they're all gonna just go nuts and it's gonna be chaos.... great.

One has to be careful then because if folks around you know you have preps they WILL rob you .

Its good that you are prepared to help others , but dont go out of your way to do it .

I to would help others , but ? Not so egerly . I would have to weigh up who they are and what their needs are and also would have to make sure they dont know where my stock is .

Old 17-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #31
tracker

Quote:
I'm not hoarding anything by the way, maybe my choice of words wasn't the best
Due to respect I have edited my post to bring equilibrium to this thread and to your reply .

all is good .
Old 17-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #32
from beyond

Quote:
STOP HOARDING THEN !

a good survivalist does not HOARD ANYTHING !

getting things bit by bit is NOT Hoarding , thats what people DO when they PANIC BUY things in shops , HOARDING .

stop sterio typing preps with what other people and the governments do .

I also strongly sugest that you stop hoarding , its bad for shop owners , other people , puts a strain on the local economy .

spot on.....i'm not doing anything.....i have my little bag of tricks......and thats it!Will vanish off into the woodlands etc.....if and when all breaks loose.Not bothered one bit!
from beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #33
newworldengineer

Quote:
One has to be careful then because if folks around you know you have preps they WILL rob you .

Its good that you are prepared to help others , but dont go out of your way to do it .

I to would help others , but ? Not so egerly . I would have to weigh up who they are and what their needs are and also would have to make sure they dont know where my stock is .

I just got a bit of a defeatist attitude at the moment, it's just I am not looking forward to what's coming at all, I've struggled all my life as it is, this is just the icing on the cake.

Old 17-05-2010, 06:02 PM   #34
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by from beyond View Post
spot on.....i'm not doing anything.....i have my little bag of tricks......and thats it!Will vanish off into the woodlands etc.....if and when all breaks loose.Not bothered one bit!
When you do take your sovel with you, and say hello to Mr & Mrs badger for me, .
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #35
paracelsus

I agree with tracker, prepping isn't hoarding, it's getting together what you need to see you through SHTF, before those that are asleep, charge down to wally world at the last minute and panic buy and fight each other for everything in sight. Check out the UK preppers and international preppers sites. Not survivalists who live in bunkers, just normal people trying their best to get their families through the civillizational breakdown collapse.......

http://www.ukpreppers.com/

Last edited by paracelsus; 17-05-2010 at 09:25 PM.
paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #36
acharlatani

Just a quick question about stocking up on food. My plans are to always have 1 months supply of emergency food. Im sure its stated on another thread but i cant find it. Can anybody advise on what is the best food to store due to long shelf life/variety etc? I just want to make sure im not missing out on something. I like my food you see and plain rice and lentils would make the depressing times even worse!

SMASH THE SYSTEM
Old 14-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #37
tom bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by from beyond View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the apprentice View Post
When you do take your sovel with you, and say hello to Mr & Mrs badger for me, .

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/ja...ritishidentity

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums...showtopic=3581

Cool in indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acharlatani View Post
Just a quick question about stocking up on food. My plans are to always have 1 months supply of emergency food. Im sure its stated on another thread but i cant find it. Can anybody advise on what is the best food to store due to long shelf life/variety etc? I just want to make sure im not missing out on something. I like my food you see and plain rice and lentils would make the depressing times even worse!
Hi, now joking aside, The need or ease of storing for the future is not new. I wont go into the historys, but suffice to say it is not a bad thing to do even if you live in the city, and are in a top notch flat. You will need to prep for the future.

So how and what? First you need to be able to hold water. Work out how much water you drink in a day, double it and aim to store that much per day for a month at first. Tap water is fine and in these instances it is better as it has a cleaning agent in it. Fuck the stuff about flouride and other junk, just save tap water in the first instance. You will need lots of containers, so start saving them and begging, borrowing and stealing them . The larger the better. A beer brewing keg has been suggested, and is fine.

As for what to eat, that is up to you. If you find that you always come down with flus or suffer tiredness all the time or onece a month then your diet as it stands now is crap. A good diet will cure this shit.

You are an adult. You know what you like and dislike. It is a good idea to have rice and other stuff to hand but if you like tinned foods then just add 10% of what you buy now at the store and start there. Buy powdered milk, rice, dried beans, powdered soups (for taste variations in the rice), pasta, spaggetti is the most cost effective and space saving. Buy some tea-lights and matches (you can cook with those and see by them)

Before all of that though, go for adding the extra 10%. I know you will try 15 or 20% as that is the way we are, so do that. You know your budget.

As for being depressing, if you think it over, if we ever get to the stage that we need to delve into our stocks, then we realy are up shit creek, and that little food in you gut will lighten your day. The most depressing part will be how you are going to help your family and friends!!!

Nelly.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #38
shed7628

I am looking for advice of high calorie count but cheap and storable canned or dried foods, I am looking to put away 1 years supply, also can bleach in small quantities used to purify water to sterilize water in an emergency.

Links and info would be most useful

I am working on a budget, I understand the more money I had to spend the better but I don't have loads of cash to throw around.
shed7628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #39
armoured_amazon

Okay, the thing that SUCKS is my family won't prepare, for various reasons. But how am I an instrument of YHWH if I don't share with others? But I can't financially afford to set aside provision for several people, nevermind my extended family. So, as much as I know I ought to prepare, I don't see any point, because having enough is like Sisyphus getting his rock to stay at the top of the hill.

So I'm no better off than someone who didn't know to prepare!

Last edited by armoured_amazon; 14-06-2010 at 08:28 AM.
armoured_amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2010, 09:04 AM   #40
acharlatani

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_pWTlN15bc

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/ja...ritishidentity

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums...showtopic=3581

Cool in indeed.

Hi, now joking aside, The need or ease of storing for the future is not new. I wont go into the historys, but suffice to say it is not a bad thing to do even if you live in the city, and are in a top notch flat. You will need to prep for the future.

So how and what? First you need to be able to hold water. Work out how much water you drink in a day, double it and aim to store that much per day for a month at first. Tap water is fine and in these instances it is better as it has a cleaning agent in it. Fuck the stuff about flouride and other junk, just save tap water in the first instance. You will need lots of containers, so start saving them and begging, borrowing and stealing them . The larger the better. A beer brewing keg has been suggested, and is fine.

As for what to eat, that is up to you. If you find that you always come down with flus or suffer tiredness all the time or onece a month then your diet as it stands now is crap. A good diet will cure this shit.

You are an adult. You know what you like and dislike. It is a good idea to have rice and other stuff to hand but if you like tinned foods then just add 10% of what you buy now at the store and start there. Buy powdered milk, rice, dried beans, powdered soups (for taste variations in the rice), pasta, spaggetti is the most cost effective and space saving. Buy some tea-lights and matches (you can cook with those and see by them)

Before all of that though, go for adding the extra 10%. I know you will try 15 or 20% as that is the way we are, so do that. You know your budget.

As for being depressing, if you think it over, if we ever get to the stage that we need to delve into our stocks, then we realy are up shit creek, and that little food in you gut will lighten your day. The most depressing part will be how you are going to help your family and friends!!!

Nelly.
Cheers Nelly some great advice there, yeah im nearly there with the grab bag just need the 1-2 months food storage and i will be ready physically for whatever. I now just have to become mentally ready...

SMASH THE SYSTEM