Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 22-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #81
tom bombadil

Lots of guys will not get to even try to use this stuff before they might have too. What is important is the ideology of being prepared for that which you fear the most. It is peace of mind. Remember that a few of the folk that were in the recent flood, DID have grab bags ready. I know this cos of another site that I used to frequent.

I don't know it all and I will add anything that I later think is worth it....like the boat idea. I never ever thought of that one, but for (what some might say is a more likely scenario) the use of one to stay alive. Genius. Also it could be used in an exodus from point A to point B, cos crossing a river or lake on a bridge will draw attention. What a time saver. So it would suit the 'survivalist and the conspiracy theorist/realist alike.

I personally think that the sh!t wont hit the fan, but will slowly release a stink on us slowly but surely. But others fear something more instant. I can see that there might be a time that I would need to get home from work (or hols) to my place of safety in a safe manner, so I will try to cover that soon.

Tom.
tom bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #82
tom bombadil

The brain (or rather experience) is the best tool. There, its been said again. Below is what I think you would definitely need. Others on these pages have said some of the same.

We, or most of us, spend a third of our time sleeping, another third working, with the last third, for ourselves.

PART 1
A) Workout what you need at home (or away from home) if you were woken up in the middle of the night, and had to dash out, or like indigowarrior said, upstairs. there are folk out there that have a 'grab bag' by their beds, in case of emergency. And this could also include flood too. I do like the idea of a dinghy. Have one at home. Keep some shoes upstairs.

1) Change of clothes in an air-tight bag (more shoes too)
2) Time piece. Wind-up.
3) Water sterilising tablets or drops and a cup. And/or a purifier like the Katadyn.
4) Mini stove. The Kelly kettle is the best, it give heat as well, and fuel. Not gas (but fine for starters as it is quick).
5) 2 litres of water to start.
6) Hand held CB. 10km or more radius is normal. Spare batts for a week of full use. And someone with another one
7) Also 2 or 3 smaller hand held walky-talkies (like from ARGOS) with digital frequencies. Harder to listen into by others. And spare batts.
8) Food for a week. Dried or tinned.
9) Pots and pans and plates and cutlery ect to your liking.
10) Wind up radio.
11) Wind up torch.
12) A first aid kit.
13) A bothey (a bag that two or more folk can sit in and seal in the heat) and a space blanket or sleeping bag.
14) Notebook and pen.
15) Knife (not Rambo but hunting type) and Small Hatchet.
16) Stuff for your pets too.

To summarise. You know the deal. You have had to dash out of the house Or up into the beams. Your fuel is the wood and other crap in the loft, or if you get the chance take the drawers out and burn those later (you did get good furniture and not MDF I hope ). If you need to leave the house then have someone to travel with and have a destination. You might need maps ect. Have good walking boots. Be prepared to enter an empty house and take food. Be prepared to enter a house and either rescue/take/leave someone. Walk away from danger. Can you kill food? Can you identify plants? Can you prepare it all for the belly? Carry a book if not.

Have a destination.

[Lots of guys will not get to even try to use this stuff before they might have too. What is important is the ideology of being prepared for that which you fear the most. It is peace of mind. Remember that a few of the folk that were in the recent flood, DID have grab bags ready. I know this cos of another site that I used to frequent.

I don't know it all and I will add anything that I later think is worth it....like the boat idea. I never ever thought of that one, but for (what some might say is a more likely scenario) the use of one to stay alive. Genius. Also it could be used in an exodus from point A to point B, cos crossing a river or lake on a bridge will draw attention. What a time saver. So it would suit the 'survivalist and the conspiracy theorist/realist alike.

I personally think that the sh!t wont hit the fan, but will slowly release a stink on us slowly but surely. But others fear something more instant. I can see that there might be a time that I would need to get home from work (or hols) to my place of safety in a safe manner, so I will try to cover that soon. ]
I edited this last bit in cos it fits.

That was the 'If I wake in the middle of the night' scenario.

PART 2

Now for the 'If I were at work and summit happens' scenario.

The first thing to consider is how will you get to where you want to be?
In part 1 it was asumed that you were at home and were caught on the hop. You had planned what you had to hand in an instant, but could still really, if you wished, gone back for more. You were after all at home.

If you were at work though you need to decide if you should get home first and get the gear you need, or if you should go to somewhere else with what you have at work.

This includes forword planning concerning those coming with or meeting with you. For this tutorial I will asume that you are at work.

Can you leave stuff at work, (Do you have a locker)? Do you use a car, (stuff in boot)? Do you work far from home, and how far is far? Only you can decide.

The list is for those that are an hour (or more) away by whatever means. That is to say that if you go by bus then it takes you an hour from door to door. By the way, if you live on the south coast of UK then it might take a couple of hours to get to work but a few days to walk back!!! The list is long. You decide how long it will take to walk back, and that will be your maximum requirement. Any longer and you are just not trying

What are you prepared to do to get transport? Are you likely to take another's propety, like a bike or car? You might think that you could but I am hoping that you will not need to. You should be able to get back under your own steam, or you are being as ruthless as those that you may oppose you git

Your needs will be different from your work mates because you know the urgancy in your actions (of whatever sort) and they dont. While they may be wondering when they will get a connection on the mobile, you will have already texted home to say #### and sent an e-mail to say #### or used a landline or whatever to tell home that you are on the move (pre-planned is the way to go. If your other half of this band have not heard from you, then the first thing that they should do is to decide if what the telly is saying effects you'all. It will be working, If so, to take action).

1) Can you leave an old bike at work or close-by? It should look as if it wont get nicked by a hoody. Or a fold-up bike. By fold-up I mean a Bickerton type that fits in a small bag. This go's with you at all times. (Yeah, right!!)

2) Saddle Bags to suit. and a puncher repair kit, a spare inner-tube. Lights ect.

3) Gas stove and cook gear. (Gear list will look long but is obvious really) If you do need to travel to the south coast then you might also concider a Kelly Kettle instead. This again will depend on where you will eat your first meal, as a quick light with a gas stove is better if you are dashing around in town!! Take both and discard of the gas stove if you like. The Pocket Rockettm is small enough to hang onto.

4) Food and water. (See seperate list)

5) Water filter and/or purifying tablets.

6) Rain gear. Not for warmth but thin and light will do.

7) Portable CB radio.

8) Wind-up radio.

9) First aid kit.

10) A bothy to sleep in. With a 'space blanket' bag (a contradiction I know, but these are warmer). and your clothes, you will be warm enough at night. Another reason for a hot meal.

11) Time peice

12) A survival knife. Now here is a problem. You could hide it in your bike frame, but if walking then you could have a creadit-card sized survival multy-tool. You only need the blade to cut things and not foes

Food and water list.
The water need be only enough ( 1Ltr )to get by while ypu work out how to use the purifier or filter. The food will depend on how long you will be traveling. Dried fruit, nuts, beef jerky ect on their own wont need cooking so you can do without all of the cooking gear, but a warm meal is a welcome addition to the end of your day if you still have days to go. The easyest thing for you will be those dried packets that you get in camping shops. Get a breaky, dinner and a tea-time meal for each day. And still include jerky, dried fruit ect.
You want coffee or tea, and sweetner tablets. Oxo cubes are nice too. Get a couple of orange flavour vitamin C tablets that fizz in cold water and that will cover your cravings.

Now comes how you get home.

If you are lucky then a mass exodous will be heading home. Join it and get home ASAP.

Otherwise...

If traveling by bike then have a reason to not be seen reading a map. Use smaller roads (for this you should do it at least twice before-hand) and pull off the roads to read maps and eat and sleep. Any taffic should be avoided if it looks like it is quieter than it should be for that time of day (curfue). Dont be afraid to knock on a door and explain enough to camp in the back garden. Lisen to your radio at 12 noon and then once every hour.

If going by foot then try and go by the smaller roads and paths. Have a walking stick to hand. With this you can use it to explain why you are out late and are still on your way home. For this ruse to work you will need to not only know the area you are supposedly headed in, but far enough from it to be traveling to it by foot and away from those that stopped you to find out why you are where you are in the first place. The stick should only be seen by those in authority, and not by others as it is a sign of weakness. It helps get you home in the case of authority, but will have to be used as a weapon if acosted by locals. Aim to harm. It is their own fault.

Next is the time when you have plenty of time to decide that the world is sh!t and you are off. But not right now. I am off for a poo.

Tom.

Last edited by tom bombadil; 03-08-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: To tidy up.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 AM   #83
endlessvista
Inactive

If in the city and the shit hit the fan, I think a good bicycle, camping gear and the like would be hand and head for the coast? Be warmer in winter and plenty eat for welks to seaweed which takes little to get your hands on. You could gather up bits and pieces and build a shelter into the sand dunes. Using your head and avoid sickness and you could live for years there I guess.
endlessvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 AM   #84
exmicrochipmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
I have know idea but I'm assuming it could be tommorrow so then I am always prepared, but unfortunately I still have lots of preparations, I need to get more food supplies in urgently.

Great idea beledazar but unfortunately I dont know any aborigines but if I did I would sell them on ebay (the tampons not the women)

I agree.

I don't know about the USED ones *blech*, but I know for FACT that unused, maxi-pads make FANTASTIC field dressing bandages. I actually used one on my dog when she sliced off half the bottom of her large pad on her paw and man did it work fantastically! She healed in no time. My first aid kit contains several maxi pads ever since.
One other thing that you might want to consider is a dog. Great early warning detection system.
exmicrochipmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #85
tom bombadil

endlessvista said "If in the city and the shit hit the fan, I think a good bicycle, camping gear and the like would be hand and head for the coast? Be warmer in winter and plenty eat for welks to seaweed which takes little to get your hands on. You could gather up bits and pieces and build a shelter into the sand dunes. Using your head and avoid sickness and you could live for years there I guess."

Hi endlessvista. I think that the beach and the countryside will be jam-packed with all us survival types and as such would be pretty easy to 'discover' if looked for (and we will!) by a guy with a dog.

Depending on how the poo goes-a-flying, it might even be best to stay indoors and bide your time.

If you are thinking of a mass extinction, like bombs or epidemic then you and loads of others will be heading for the closest idil.

I am of the thought that we should prepare now and have a place of our own somewhere where we feel safe. If not hidden (it would be hard to stay hidden in the UK) then we should be out of the way, in some corner that will have a smaller armed force to contend with. One might call it hidding from the reality of the times, but I call it common sense.

My lists are for those that are caught short but have a destination to get to. They are not complete (never will maybe ) and I will add if I think others ideas are better. The dog that exmicrochipmafia mentions is a good one, but I will find it hard to pack . But it is a good idea. I will add it to the list of things that you will need to live.

Dunno about the Maxi Plus though as I aint used them....er....at all

I would be silly not to include a highly recomended item, and it would be silly of me not to ask more of your idea. Tell me more.

I think we need to act NOW. Not when it is too late. The poo is already on the fan and is making a stench. Act Now guys.

Tom.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #86
beldazar

exmicrochip mafia, its the blood that is used to heal the wound. If the blood is good enough to nurture a foetus then it makes perfect sense that it would be ideal for healing wounds

(Cant say I particularly like the idea myself tho....)
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #87
airkraft

The thing is, where do we head for ?

We have kids, and the amount of food they eat in a few days is astronomical, theres no way we could take that amount with us.

I have been reading a little about the subject of survival, and also, for some unexplained reason, I have been teaching myself about how things work and how to repair them. Its not like we cant afford to replace broken items, but I just get a sense of self satisfaction when I fix something.
Maybe my sub-contious has been guiding me in this direction for a very good reason....including finding this website and this particular thread...who knows ?

I havent got a lot of tools, but I`ve never not been able to fix something, thus far anyway, long may it continue
airkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #88
tom bombadil

Hullo airkraft.

My Idea is to set yourelves up now rather than later.

Only you can decide where you feel most happy.

Do you think that the world will just shut down? Bombs or pandemic.
Or the powers that be might 'start' whipping us and treating us as slaves?
Do you think that there will be a revolution?
Or ...ect.

You need to first work out how you think it would all go tits up. Only then can you have a plan.

What you are doing now is perfect. It is a good start and you can add things like tipi building or yurt construction. Go to country fairs and try your hand at anything. Hedge laying. Wall construction.

By the time you have done all of that you will have a very good idea how you can live.

Run some ideas by us.

Tom.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #89
tom bombadil

By the way airkraft.

I also visit a site that is maybe more suited to you needs in this field. Its http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/

They are very helpfull folk and at the drop of a hat will fill you in. They are courtious and friendly too.

Tom.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM   #90
airkraft

Thanks Tom.

I fix what is broken around the house, with what is available around the house plus cheap bits and pieces from the DIY shop, that is it really.

If something is broken or needs repairing, I take it apart, see how it all works ,find the fault a usually repair it. If it cant be repaired, its no big loss to buy a new one because it was broken anyway.

I bought a mig welder last year and have tried my hand at welding, but not that successfully so far, but I will keep trying, not that knowing how to weld will be any help out in the wilds.

I used to watch a programme about 4 or 5 scientists and inventors out in the wilds, with just certain things available to them, and they had projects to complete....rough science i think it was called....excellent programme, I learned a lot from them.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #91
tom bombadil

You're welcome.

Folk have a funny idea of how it is gonna be when it might go tits-up. Who realy knows?

I think a lot of people think that it is going to be like a kind of pre-industrial set-up, where machines and other mechanical gadets are going to not be around. Or will be kind of shunned in place of doing stuff by hand.

Nah! If you can think of a Mad Max (film. Mel Gibson. Google it) set up then you would be right. There will be an awfull load of crap that would be going around, and an awfull load of working 'things' that would be a boon to those that know what they were, rather than what can now be used for (first generation survivalest, you and I) and those that cant realy see why it was (second and beyond, Your kids children).

An example would be a plastic kettle. After a few years, do you notice how the things cracks and warps over time? Then its rubbish, right? Nope. Thats where folk like you step in. You read and understand the ampage ect on the unit and look for a suitable wire. You work out a fuse. You break the shell of the kettle and place the eliment into a holder that you fashioned out of ???....prehaps a thick plastic cutting board. You place the ensemble into a metal drum that you had the blacksmith fasion for you out of sheet metal that they got from...????..., an old metal sided oven that is now unserviceable, And bingo, you have made a water heater that you use to heat water for..??? ect.

What you can do is work those things out. You would be the comunity techy type that would become indespensable. You could be the blacksmith.

And untill a smithy is up and running, your mig welder will/could be used to help fashion atools that are indespencable about the comunity.

Notice how electricity is around? Yup, and why not? Water generators, wind and sun power devices will still be with us. My personal choice for using leccy post tits-up, would be to power lights, a telly, a DVD player and a CD player, to while away those winter eavenings. You could start by learning about battery set-ups, as most electric devices, in case you did not know (not presuming) that generate the stuff need to store it before it is passed on to the device that uses the power.

Tell me what you would like to be able to do. Make a list. Others would like to know how to do what you already can.

Tom.

Last edited by tom bombadil; 07-08-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: To include things about electictricity.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #92
tom bombadil

Oops... I have just realised that this thread is talking about electricity and not the original idea of the original title about what non leccy stuff we think we may need.

A new thread is in order

Tom.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #93
endlessvista
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bombadil View Post

I am of the thought that we should prepare now and have a place of our own somewhere where we feel safe. If not hidden (it would be hard to stay hidden in the UK) then we should be out of the way, in some corner that will have a smaller armed force to contend with. One might call it hidding from the reality of the times, but I call it common sense.
I live in rural Ireland and outside the cities the countryside is fairly underpopulated and there are plenty of modern holiday homes etc. Would not be too hard here to find a place to live in such a situation. Gun ownership is fairly common and there would be millions of cows, sheep to shoot and eat. That's not even counting the wildlife.

Places like Dublin, Belfast and Limerick would be total Mad Max if there was a social breakdown.
endlessvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #94
the norseman

Endlessvista,

I am the same - I live in Galway but I have a place right out West towards the North Galway / Mayo border that I plan to relocate to to take stock when events really reveal themselves.

Rural Ireland is just that very rural with low population density and a somewhat fertile countryside.

Make sure you have a suppy of food, fuel and a water purification method.

The Norseman.
the norseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2008, 11:58 AM   #95
airkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
As we all know, the country will probably at some stage go into a state of chaos, the world economy will go bust, there will be no food on the shelves, there may be long periods without electric and gas etc etc

I am thinking about buying non-electrical gadgets that may help us to survive during the times of chaos. Electrical gadgets could quite probably become worthless in the future so we need to make sure we stop wasting our money NOW. We need to spend any savings we may have before our money becomes worthless.

Maybe we could buy things like a pasta making rolling machine that I saw Jamie Oliver use to make fresh pasta from flour and eggs.

A wheat grinder to make bread (assuming we have an oven to cook it in and that we have got some wheat lol).

A potters wheel.

A drill that works mechanically.

Wind up torches.

My ideas are not too brilliant. Has anyone got any BETTER ideas ? All ideas are very welcome

What about vegetable seeds.

I have bought some that I can collect seed from to use the following year (from the real seed company), not like the F1 hybrids that you by from garden centres
Old 19-08-2008, 09:03 AM   #96
the itinerant shrubber

This is my checklist that I occasionaly add to and keep on a Word document on my desktop.
They are personal items that can be put into a grab-bag or the back of a car. Hope it's of some use.

IODINE/CHLORINE TABLETS
WATER STONE
KELLY KETTLE
FIRESTEEL
CHARCLOTH
HATCHET
KNIVES
MACHETTE
CROSSBOW
BASHA
OIL LAMPS
HEXI BLOCKS