Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 03-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #161
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_stag View Post
Some pics of Rum. I was there in May. Strong winds and heavy rain, but my wee trekking tent stayed warm and dry inside.

lovely pics mate , that last one looks similar to durdle door.
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

if you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough
hunter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #162
waymarker

I used to wild-camp on cycling trips in England and Wales and France, you can't beat it.
I mean, when dusk begins to fall you just get off the road and set up your tent in the nearest woods where nobody can see you..
Here's my bike on a trip in mid-Wales some years ago.
Incidentally you can cover amazing distances on a bike because the back wheel takes the full weight of your gear, not your legs, I averaged about 80 miles a day at an easy pace but once did 140 miles with a tailwind..

waymarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #163
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by waymarker View Post
I used to wild-camp on cycling trips in England and Wales and France, you can't beat it.
I mean, when dusk begins to fall you just get off the road and set up your tent in the nearest woods where nobody can see you..
Here's my bike on a trip in mid-Wales some years ago.
Incidentally you can cover amazing distances on a bike because the back wheel takes the full weight of your gear, not your legs, I averaged about 80 miles a day at an easy pace but once did 140 miles with a tailwind..

Looks good mate. Wales is a beautiful country. Spent most of my childhood holidays there and I am still a frequent visitor. True what you said about a bout cycling too. We were on the western isles last year met a lot of people cycling . The funniest I saw though was a German couple trying to cycle up to the top of the quirang with 80 litre back packs on, talk about bad weight distribution. They were all over the road.
"ok, squirrels have lovely fluffy tails and can perform clever tricks to nick the food off your bird table. But they are a damn nuisance, there is plenty of them and they happen to be delicious, I say, lets eat them " HFW

Old 25-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #164
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

went out for the first time in ages last weekend up in the peak district. was a beautiful clear night and the wildlife was great, heard many owls and even had a fox steal my bread rolls . my beans wern't as nice without them though

Old 06-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #165
monkeymagic

Smile

Havent been wild campig this year but have had some day trips...down by the river.

A mile upstream ....

An extravagance!

Back to the hobo for Autumn

Bannock in the oven.

Im ready for you baby!

Some home made bits..ash pegs, spoon, oak firesteel and pine Hobo line.

Cheers
monkeymagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #166
them

Loving the pictures of your set-ups, Monkeymagic & Hunter I can't get enough of seeing how others choose to deploy & use all their kit assets.

Note to self; take some pictures of DD hammock & tarp rig next time I use it!

Last edited by them; 07-11-2011 at 12:32 PM.
them is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #167
monkeymagic

Look forward to seeing your hammock set up. I have a DD myself but have not used it in anger yet. For kicking back with a brew, this $3 Thai hammock is ideal.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #168
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymagic View Post
Havent been wild campig this year but have had some day trips...down by the river.

A mile upstream ....

An extravagance!

Back to the hobo for Autumn

Bannock in the oven.

Im ready for you baby!

Some home made bits..ash pegs, spoon, oak firesteel and pine Hobo line.

Cheers
great pics mate, cracking looking little stove too and i must say it looks a nice spot down by the river

Old 08-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #169
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Quote:
Originally Posted by them View Post
Loving the pictures of your set-ups, Monkeymagic & Hunter I can't get enough of seeing how others choose to deploy & use all their kit assets.

Note to self; take some pictures of DD hammock & tarp rig next time I use it!
yes definately mate, would love to see some pics. i am off camping again this weekend , me and the better half were in the peaks last weekend but roughed it in a cottage
will take some more this weekend but will try a slightly different set up and location. i wanted to use a long log fire to heat it , but there were two many tree roots about and i didn't get there early enough to find enough dead standing wood.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #170
monkeymagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter77 View Post
great pics mate, cracking looking little stove too and i must say it looks a nice spot down by the river
Cheers Hunter, It is a good spot. Usually see large groups of long tailed tit and Dippers. I once saw the Heron fly up the river at that very spot. I was fortunate to be obscured by a tree as he flew up, he clocked me at eye level about 3 metres between us... amazing.
Old 16-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #171
vindaloo_beast
Banned

Great, positive, thread. Love some of the tarp set-ups some of you have. I'm a UK wild-camper myself, although admitedly I haven't been out as much as I would like. I don't go the tarp route though - like my comforts a little too much - got a good Terra Nova tent that can easily fit the gf, dog and myself in. Thinking of going off somewhere over the next couple of weeks, don't have transport at the moment so it can be a bit awkward.

The good thing about wild camping is that the gear doesn't have to be that expensive, you can pick some good gear up for a few quid. Here's a little head torch I got for £3.99 from Go Outdoors....

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-...dlight-p143635

Cracking little torch for the money, replacement batteries are cheap too, surprising how easier having a head torch is, especially when fiddling about with stoves, zips and what have you at night.

Another example of inexpensive (well, this one doesn't cost anything) kit is the soft drinks can stove you make yourself.

There's a tutorial here...http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/ki...ths-stove.html.

Fantastic little stove, made a couple of them myself and they work great! It's really nice to make yourself a cup of tea on a stove you made yourself from something that is normally just thrown away.

I'll have to hunt out some pictures
vindaloo_beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #172
hunter77
Premier Subscribers

Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #173
chloesnose

nice set up the mod.

get down with us lot this summer. good laugh,skills,foraging and hunting and a great bunch

http://thebushcraftforum.co.uk/forum/
chloesnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #174
thecatsmeow
Banned

I haven't been camping for years! When I've finished moving house I think I'll go. Wonder what a good spot would be for me?
thecatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:00 PM   #175
tesla

We are off out into the woods this weekend..

Can't wait . .
Old 21-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #176
patcarrier
Inactive

Default My home Virgin Jungle Tulum, Quintana Roo, Mexico

Hey guys, I discovered David while building my place off the grid only 160 km from Cancun International airport.

Its away from the parasites and your all welcom to come and share my 20 years of savings and labor to make a place with all the necesities of life with some luxuries.

I believe that the cities and country where we are born belog to those powerfull families that are the elites of this world. I dont agree with the way they manage them but its like when you live under the roof of papa and moma, you have to follow their rules. If your not happy, you leave and build yourself a new house on a new land.

That is what I m doing and it work flawlessly. I start my village in the middle of the virgin jungle with legal titles for the land and make my own electricity and have my own unlimited pure water. Here is tuheu link to my website

www.quintanaroocampground.webs.com

Im also on a trading work for food and board site

http://www.wwoofmexico.org/profile/PatrickCarrier

One of my objectives is to make my own village, I hope you will join cause I got the technology and I can make everything myself with my own hands

Cheers

PAtrick
patcarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 01:44 AM   #177
forestgreen
Inactive

Looks nice Patrick! Well done getting off the grid! Not sure about snakes though...I am terrified of them..those things slithering about one's tent!
forestgreen is offline   Reply With Quote