Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Electronic Harassment / Mind Control / Subliminal Programing

Old 05-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #1
0ddity

Question 'The Hobbit' at 48 fps induces migraines, barfing

http://www.thescreeningroom.ca/2012/...s-barfing.html

Planning on lining up to see The Hobbit when it comes out later this month? Get popcorn—the bag could come in handy. Audiences who've been granted an early look at Peter Jackson's film have left feeling nauseous, headachy, and dizzy. The culprit, posits The Guardian, is Jackson's decision to test out new 48-frames-per-second technology. The brain of a typical moviegoer is accustomed to half that speed, but the 24 fps that our eyes know and love is being dumped by directors like Jackson and James Cameron in favour of the 48 fps technology because it gives their films a sharper clarity and the ability to improve the look of 3D. While both Cameron and Jackson are big proponents of these technological advances, audiences may not share their enthusiasm. At least not yet... but maybe after they've had a Gravol.

The Guardian spoke to several moviegoers who've seen the film and had some tips for future audiences: "You have to hold your stomach down and let your eyes pop at first to adjust," advised one. "This is not for wimps," he warned. "My eyes cannot take everything in, it's dizzying. Now I have a migraine," said another fan. "I left loving the movie but feeling sick," said a third. Clearly, this is not a film for those of us with wimpy eyes, stomachs, and brains—but a little tummy trouble isn't going to keep LOTR devotees out of the theatres.

Some critics, however, have not been as forgiving as fans. Here's Movieline's reviewer describing his 48 fps Hobbit experience: "It didn't take a few minutes of adjusting to get used to it; even two hours and 40 minutes later my brain was rejecting the look of it. It felt like watching daytime soaps in HD, terrible BBC broadcasts, or Faerie Tale Theater circa 1985, only in amazingly sharp clarity and with hobbits. The 48 fps had me imagining how gorgeous everything might look in 24 fps," he added. Um, burn?

Yet Jackson won't be deterred: "Ultimately, it [48fps] is different in a positive way, especially for 3D, especially for epic films and films that are trying to immerse the viewer in the experience of a story,” he told The Hollywood Reporter. But critics say that 48 fps does just the opposite. They complain that the technology makes The Hobbit look "too real" and that the veneer of fantasy that a film set in Middle Earth should have is missing because of the film's 48 fps hyper-reality.

And then there's the barfing. I don't think anyone who had planned on seeing the film will be put off by a little barfing—they just might not bring a date.

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/#ixzz2E9NhcJwO

-------------

Do you think this could be a new way to further capture and program the moviegoer's mind? Could this effect subtly make it harder for people to discern reality from fiction?
0ddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
evarett

i am pretty sure the reason for the 48frames is for movie editing and nothing more.
editing film is very enjoyable. playing with the motions on the screen.
With more frames, the better you could "play" with the video.

i will have to test it out when its released on dvd.
evarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
mata

Hmm.. won't be going to see this film in a hurry then
Thanks for the heads-up! ...Some flicker rates are known
to cause these problems, seems that 48 FPS falls into the
'problematic' category. How could this effect not have been
picked up in test-screening? Perhaps "nausea" just didn't
feature on the questionnaire?

Quote:
"Ultimately, it [48fps] is different in a positive way,
especially for 3D, especially for epic films and films that are
trying to immerse the viewer in the experience of a story,”

What film isn't trying to immerse the viewer in the story?..
Jackson has been getting bad press lately here in NZ... Some of
his mates from the 'Bad Taste' days saying he "dumped" them etc.
Not that NZers really care either way... But if Jackson is all good
with knowingly making his audience nauseous - well.... hmmmm.
One thing's for sure: 48FPS is perfect for embedding 'subliminals'...

"Thou shalt buy the One Ring... and any add-ons that are offered... Upsized x 48.
Thou shalt then use all remaining Shire credits at Prancing Pony burlesque review"

*[unless you're too nauseous to get there...]

Last edited by mata; 06-12-2012 at 08:05 AM.
mata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #4
evarett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata View Post

One thing's for sure: 48FPS is perfect for embedding 'subliminals'...

*[unless you're too nauseous to get there...]

Once this becomes the normal for "big name" movies. the "subliminals" i am sure will be much more blatant then it will be in this Shire movie.
get people used to it.
then go all out with it.
evarett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by evarett View Post
Once this becomes the normal for "big name" movies. the "subliminals" i am sure will be much more blatant then it will be in this Shire movie.
get people used to it.
then go all out with it.
Yup, it's rolling like a semi-trailer.... straight for kids eye-balls 'near us'....
Shame the adults parking them in front of the wheel-line have probably heard of subliminals but are unwilling to consider the ramifications of them....
Old 07-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #6
night_gaunt

Every movie gives me a headache...
As do car rides...
So when i see this i will surely be in for a treat.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #7
lizzy

Quote:
Yup, it's rolling like a semi-trailer.... straight for kids eye-balls 'near us'....
Shame the adults parking them in front of the wheel-line have probably heard of subliminals but are unwilling to consider the ramifications of them....
yes- I think so too - dam shame , it's a good book - perhaps that's it really - read it to them - with them - use ones' own imagination . There's an old hobbit movie out there but as is said - they'll all go for this .
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #8
mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
yes- I think so too - dam shame , it's a good book - perhaps that's it really - read it to them - with them - use ones' own imagination . There's an old hobbit movie out there but as is said - they'll all go for this .
I agree that it's a good book and that it should be read to children, rather than presented as a motion picture 'action pastiche'.... Can't get the same neural-networking going on with 'some films' (especially the recent "action" ones) that you can with engaging The Imagination, as you do with a book !
Old 07-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
lizzy

Quote:
I agree that it's a good book and that it should be read to children, rather than presented as a motion picture 'action pastiche'.... Can't get the same neural-networking going on with 'some films' (especially the recent "action" ones) that you can with engaging The Imagination, as you do with a book !
Indeed mata - and that's the agenda - they're happy to see students leave school semi illiterate. I read this and LOTR's to mine - it took over a year of bedtime reading.
lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
mata

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy View Post
Indeed mata - and that's the agenda - they're happy to see students leave school semi illiterate. I read this and LOTR's to mine - it took over a year of bedtime reading.
What a wonderful thing to do for your children Lizzy!
Now that is my idea of an Epic Journey!!