Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > General Chat

Old 11-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #41
beldazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_jude View Post
Great thread Bel really enjoying it and thanks for the help with the pics, still grappling with photofuckit lol

Bel do you have a personal connection with 7 ?

my birth names add in numerology to 7 and so does my birth date. It fits well with truth seekers ...also I was born on the 112th day of the Gregorian calendar at a house numbered 112 the house had 6 children living there and I became the 7th, sync I think lol ...any links to 7 in your life?

not trying to derail, interested
I had a glass boot fall on my foot once and I have a nice scar on my left foot it the shape of a number 7. Ever since I saw it I have wondered about the number 7 and it's meanings. I just took it to be lucky

I don't know what my name numerology adds up to but I don't think it is 7.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sipD...layer_embedded
beldazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #42
johnfb

Quote:
Originally Posted by beldazar View Post
7 planets

Saturn - saturday

Sun - sunday

Moon - monday

Mercury - tuesday

Venus - wednesday

Mars - thursday

Jupiter - friday

These are not planets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones: 14.03.2014
some jews like many political prisioners were interned b4 1939
johnfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #43
beldazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofdarkness View Post
Someone told me once there were originally 13 sins and 13 virtues. I've never bothered to research it...
That could very well be true.

I am already thinking of going on to the I2 chakra points as we are said to have and of course the I2th planet. Then you have the I2 gods, I2 tribes of Jacob, I2 signs of the zodiac,
Then the mysterious number I3 but that's for another thread.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #44
beldazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfb View Post
These are not planets.
Lol, not classed as I know but in esoteric circles they are if you check

http://ancientwisdomformodernproblem...lanets_12.html

7 Days of the Week and the 7 Planets

There are only 7 objects in the sky that appear to move (the word planet derives from the Greek term for "moving"), relative to the background stars. Of course the Sun and Moon are two, and the remaining five are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The ancients were well aware of this and that these points of light were much different than the stars in the firmament.

Under the Earth-centered (geocentric) model of the solar system, all 7 "planets" revolved around the Earth. Of course now we know that this is an optical illusion due to the Earth's daily rotation, and that the Earth and all the planets actually move around the Sun (heliocentric). But this literal model of the solar system, while being scientifically "correct," is not as useful as the geocentric one. Symbolically, there is much more to gain from the Ancient way of looking at the cosmos. And, some scholars believe that even back then, select people actually knew the planets went around the Sun, they still kept the original for it's esoteric value.

MONDAY: MOON

Monday is actually Moon day. The ancients knew the Sun and Moon were different than the other 5 planets - not just because of their size, speed and intensity but due to a certain quality they possess.

TUESDAY: MARS

Tiw is the Nordic God of War, equivalent to Mars in the Roman pantheon, so the Day of Mars (dies Martius) is really Tiw's Day. The French for Tuesday is Mardi (Mardi = Mars), as in Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).

WEDNESDAY: MERCURY

Another Norse God, Odin, was called Wodan (Woden) by the Anglo-Saxons and both related to Mercury, from the Roman. Woden's Day (Day of Mercury) became Wednesday, and if you've ever wondered why we spell it that way (instead of Wendsday, which is how it sounds), this is why the "d" comes before the "n."

THURSDAY: JUPITER

Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, relates to the Roman Jupiter, who was also the God of Sky and Thunder. So, the Day of Jupiter, became Thor's Day, sounding very similar to Thursday.

FRIDAY: VENUS

The Norse God of Love was Freya, and the Roman was the Love Goddess Venus, so the Day of Venus, became Freya's Day, or Friday. The Italian word for Friday, Venerdi, sticks closer to the original Latin, Venus.

SATURDAY: ?

Not really sure what planet could relate to this day, but through process of elimination, we are only left with planet Saturn, so it is the Day of Saturn, or Saturday, as this is the one English translation that comes directly from the Latin source.

(This is in a slightly different order to mine.

I put Mars for Thursday because of Thor, the God of War.

Venus for wednesday as it comes from weddingsday. (Love) (I heard that from school and it stuck )

Well, I was almost right if that ones right.)

Last edited by beldazar; 11-05-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #45
johnfb

Quote:
Maybe you could stretch the Sun to a planet (even though it is not) but the moon ???? Sorry, it is purely a satellite.

Sorry, but for my logic, if esoteric circles are putting thse in then it is simply to fit a belief, nothing more...sorry for downing an otherwise interesting read.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #46
beldazar

Quote:
Maybe you could stretch the Sun to a planet (even though it is not) but the moon ???? Sorry, it is purely a satellite.

Sorry, but for my logic, if esoteric circles are putting thse in then it is simply to fit a belief, nothing more...sorry for downing an otherwise interesting read.
Suits me, it's your loss

Quote:
(the word planet derives from the Greek term for "moving")

Last edited by beldazar; 11-05-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 PM   #47
hey_jude
Inactive

that's a good story about the glass boot and the positive take on it

7th letter of the latin alphabet G ...gene as in Genesis
hey_jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #48
johnfb

Quote:
Suits me, it's your loss
Please dont get me wrong, it's an interesting read, but that's about it for me though.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #49
johnfb

Quote:

http://ancientwisdomformodernproblem...lanets_12.html

7 Days of the Week and the 7 Planets

There are only 7 objects in the sky that appear to move (the word planet derives from the Greek term for "moving"), relative to the background stars. Of course the Sun and Moon are two, and the remaining five are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. The ancients were well aware of this and that these points of light were much different than the stars in the firmament.

Under the Earth-centered (geocentric) model of the solar system, all 7 "planets" revolved around the Earth. Of course now we know that this is an optical illusion due to the Earth's daily rotation, and that the Earth and all the planets actually move around the Sun (heliocentric). But this literal model of the solar system, while being scientifically "correct," is not as useful as the geocentric one. Symbolically, there is much more to gain from the Ancient way of looking at the cosmos. And, some scholars believe that even back then, select people actually knew the planets went around the Sun, they still kept the original for it's esoteric value.

MONDAY: MOON

Monday is actually Moon day. The ancients knew the Sun and Moon were different than the other 5 planets - not just because of their size, speed and intensity but due to a certain quality they possess.

TUESDAY: MARS

Tiw is the Nordic God of War, equivalent to Mars in the Roman pantheon, so the Day of Mars (dies Martius) is really Tiw's Day. The French for Tuesday is Mardi (Mardi = Mars), as in Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday).

WEDNESDAY: MERCURY

Another Norse God, Odin, was called Wodan (Woden) by the Anglo-Saxons and both related to Mercury, from the Roman. Woden's Day (Day of Mercury) became Wednesday, and if you've ever wondered why we spell it that way (instead of Wendsday, which is how it sounds), this is why the "d" comes before the "n."

THURSDAY: JUPITER

Thor, the Norse God of Thunder, relates to the Roman Jupiter, who was also the God of Sky and Thunder. So, the Day of Jupiter, became Thor's Day, sounding very similar to Thursday.

FRIDAY: VENUS

The Norse God of Love was Freya, and the Roman was the Love Goddess Venus, so the Day of Venus, became Freya's Day, or Friday. The Italian word for Friday, Venerdi, sticks closer to the original Latin, Venus.

SATURDAY: ?

Not really sure what planet could relate to this day, but through process of elimination, we are only left with planet Saturn, so it is the Day of Saturn, or Saturday, as this is the one English translation that comes directly from the Latin source.

(This is in a slightly different order to mine.

I put Mars for Thursday because of Thor, the God of War.

Venus for wednesday as it comes from weddingsday. (Love) (I heard that from school and it stuck )

Well, I was almost right if that ones right.)

As I said...making it fit even though it is not correct.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #50
beldazar

http://www.wordsources.info/words-mod-planets.html

The ancients were convinced that there were just seven planets including the: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
It was also strongly believed that these planets were particularly important in the affairs of mankind.
The astrological study of their positions among the stars at the moment of one’s birth was supposed to give information about his/her fate.
The general character of a person was thought to be determined by which planet she/he was “born under” according to the calculations of astrologers, and such superstitions continue in modern times.
Each of the seven planets was also believed to have a special influence over its designated day of the week:

First day, Sol or the Sun;

Second day, Luna or the Moon;

Third day, Mars;

Fourth day, Mercury;

Fifth day, Jupiter;

Sixth day, Venus;

Seventh day, Saturn.

(A slight variation to the original with Saturn in first place. According to the "Secret History of the World it was Saturn who came her first.)

The alchemists of the Middle Ages noted that there were seven planets and seven metals which were matched with the planets. The seven metals presented by the alchemists and matched with the planets include (in English):

gold (Sun),

silver (Moon),

copper (Venus),

iron (Mars),

tin (Jupiter),

lead (Saturn),

quicksilver (Mercury).
Much more has been learned about the planets since 1977 because of the flights of Voyagers 1 and 2 (you may see a summary of the subject with a simple click).

Last edited by beldazar; 11-05-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:31 PM   #51
beldazar

Quote:
As I said...making it fit even though it is not correct.
I didn't make it fit. I'm sorry you can't see it.

http://www.new-wisdom.org/cultural_h...en_planets.htm

The ancients saw the sun and moon as planets that had an effect on Earth, just as they believed the other visible planets of the solar system did. All of these celestial bodies would have been seen as influential in a variety of ways, and in the order in which they would appear from Earth, moving from the nearest to the furthest away. So, from Earth looking outward, the ancient astrologers believed the seven planets of the ancient world, in the order of their influence, were the moon, Mercury, Venus (which, though closer to Earth, would have been seen as having less influence on it because of its wider arc), the sun, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. (Please note: The names we use for the planets today come to us from the Romans; pre-Roman cultures would have had their own names for the planets based on the gods and goddesses they associated with each of the planets.)

Earth >>> Moon > Mercury > Venus > Sun > Mars > Jupiter > Saturn

It is these seven planets, the "gatekeepers" of this part of the universe, who may be seen as the "Elohim," or plural creator gods, of the E version of the Hebrew creation story in Genesis. This name for God is used, for example, where the text is translated: "Let us make man in our image."

Old 11-05-2011, 09:32 PM   #52
gladys
Banned

The seven swords of destiny.

(anyone remember the book: "The Seventh Sword" by Andrew Collins?)
gladys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #53
beldazar

In antiquity the classical planets were the non-fixed objects visible in the sky, known to various ancient cultures. The classical planets were therefore the Sun and Moon and the five non-earth planets of our solar system closest to the sun (and closest to the Earth); all easily visible without a telescope. They are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn. The name planet comes from the Greek term πλανήτης, planētēs, meaning "wanderer", as ancient astronomers noted how certain lights moved across the sky with the other stars. They called these objects asteres planetai, or wandering stars. Together they form the seven classical planets, as well as the names of the seven days of the week - Sun-day, Moon-day, Saturn-day, and in Latin, 'Martis' (Mars, Tuesday), 'Mercurii' (Wednesday), 'Iovis' (Jupiter, Thursday) and 'Veneris' (Venus, Friday).

Old 11-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #54
hey_jude
Inactive

THE SEVEN PLANETS
There are seven planets, namely: Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, the Sun, Venus, Mercury and the Moon. These stars have a movement of their own from west to east, but because the heavens move from east to west, they accidentally move from east to west. And these stars are called wandering stars by astronomers because they have no unique way of moving, as one planet moves in one way and another planet moves in another way, and each one moves within its own sphere ...read more http://lullianarts.net/planets/planet.html

and Pythagoras teachings back Bel in the Planet discussion

THE HEPTAD. 7.

The Heptad, say the followers of "Pythagoras," was so called from the Greek verb "sebo," to venerate (and from the Hebrew ShBO, seven, or satisfied, abundance), being Septos, "Holy," "divine," and "motherless," and a "Virgin."

read more ...http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/nop/nop14.htm

continued
Also Phylakikos, φυλακικος = preserving, "guardian," because the Seven Planets direct and guide our universe.

In respect to life and its divisions, they remarked the ages are measured by the number 7.

In the first 7 years the teeth are erupted.

second 7 years comes on ability to emit prolific seed.

third 7 years, the growth of the beard as manhood.

fourth 7 years, strength reaches its maximum.

fifth 7 years is the season for marriage.

sixth 7 years, the height of intelligence arrives.

seventh 7 years, the maturity of reason.

eighth 7 years, perfection of both.

ninth 7 years, equity and mildness, passions become gentle.

tenth 7 years, the end of desirable life.

Solon the Athenian Lawgiver, and Hippocrates the physician, also used this 7-year division of life.

The Pleiades, a group of seven stars in the constellation Taurus, was thought of mighty power over earthly destiny; there were seven also of the Hyades, daughters of Atlas; and the seven stars which guided the sailors. Ursa Major, in which the Hindoos locate the Sapta Rishi, seven sages of primitive wisdom, are a group of the first importance and are easily recognised.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #55
johnfb

Quote:
I didn't make it fit. I'm sorry you can't see it.
Sorry I must have misread your last post:

Quote:

Apologies if I misunderstood. But it looks to me like it is beibng made to fit as symbolic rather than fact. Apologies; just looks that way to me.
We once thought the earth was flat, but what would be the point of going backwards and saying that symbolically it is better to look at it that way...makes no sense.

Quote:

Last edited by johnfb; 11-05-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:42 PM   #56
beldazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladys View Post
The seven swords of destiny.

(anyone remember the book: "The Seventh Sword" by Andrew Collins?)
The 7 Swords of Destiny

Thanks for this Gladys, very interesting indeed

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404

The Seven Swords of Destiny

It talked about the supposed seven swords of destiny and the serches that have been going on for decades to try and find all 7. Supposedly Alister Crowley managed to uncover and then re-hide 5 of the swords.
I think that story goes that the seven swords were used by the seven angels that sent lucifer from heaven. When all seven swords are put together a power greater than anything on this earth will be revealed.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #57
beldazar

Quote:
Sorry I must have misread your last post:

Apologies if I misunderstood. But it looks to me like it is beibng made to fit as symbolic rather than fact. Apologies; just looks that way to me.
We once thought the earth was flat, but what would be the point of going backwards and saying that symbolically it is better to look at it that way...makes no sense.
Yeah, you're ok.

All I'm doing is making a thread from what I have found and think.
I'm not trying to make anyone believe anything and you can see I have made a couple of mistakes.
If you don't start thinking in an alternative way you really won't get very far.
You have said your piece, I can't see what else to say to you.

Last edited by beldazar; 11-05-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #58
johnfb

Quote:
Yeah, you're ok.

All I'm doing is making a thread from what I have found and think.
I'm not trying to make anyone believe anything and you can see I have made a couple of mistakes.
If you don't start thinking in an alternative way you really won't get very far.
You have said your piece, I can't see what else to say to you.
Nice post and well put, thanks.
I will continue to read anyway.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #59
beldazar

Quote:
Nice post and well put, thanks
I will continue to read anyway.
Ditto.

Thanks jonfb

Last edited by beldazar; 11-05-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #60
hey_jude
Inactive

The body has seven obvious parts
head, chest, abdomen, two legs and two arms.

seven internal organs,
stomach, liver, heart, lungs, spleen and two kidneys.

seven parts of the head for external use, two eyes, two ears, two nostrils and a mouth.

seven things seen, body, interval, magnitude, colour, motion and permanency.

seven inflections of the voice, the acute, grave, circumflex, rough, smooth, the long and the short sounds.

There are seven evacuations;—tears from the eyes, mucus of the nostrils, the saliva, the semen, two excretions and the perspiration.

Modern medical knowledge corroborates the ancient dictum that in the seventh month [28 wks] the human offspring becomes viable.

Menstruation tends to occur in series of four times seven days, and is certainly related to Luna in an occult manner.

The lyre has 7 strings, corresponding to the planets.

The number 7 is also associated with Voice and Sound, with Clio the Muse; with Osiris the Egyptian deity; with Nemesis, Fate,—Adrastia, not to be escaped from; and with Mars.

among the Hebrews, oaths were confirmed by seven witnesses; or by seven victims offered in sacrifice; as seen in the covenant between Abraham and Abimelech with seven lambs, Genesis, chap. xxi. vv. 28, 21–28; the Hebrew word seven, also Sh B O H, is derived from, or is a similar to Sh B O, to swear.

Clean beasts were admitted into the ark by sevens, whilst the unclean only in pairs.

The Goths had 7 Deities from whom come our names of week days; Sun, Moon, Tuisco, Wotan, Thor, Friga, Seatur, corresponding, of course, to the planets.

Apollo, the Sun God, had a Greek title Ebdomaios, sevenfold.

The Persian Mithras, a Sun God, had the number 7 sacred to him.

Note the Mysterious Kadosh Ladder of 7 steps ascent and 7 steps descent, the one side Oheb Eloah, Love of God; the other Oheb Kerobo, love of the neighbour.

source http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/nop/nop14.htm