Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Survival / Local Economies / Communities

Old 27-06-2014, 12:09 AM   #1
bemore

Default Nothing left to do but prepare?

I very rarely visit this forum anymore. I gave up on the differing viewpoints, the potential disinformation and negative hatred/trolling and have relied on my own researching (mainly into the economy) and kept clear of "speculative" conspiracy theories.

I find it ironic however that I return as I feel there are not many places I can talk about this subject.

I'd like to think that I am a balanced and rational person, however recently I have been having a "bad feeling" that sooner than we may think we are going to see some economic event, probably a crash of the stock market, that is going to be the beginning of the end to everything that we consider "normal". I could speculate on a million other things like war or how it would start but I find that impossible and a waste of time, I just feel like it is accelerating. I have explored where I think this "bad feeling" comes from, I like to think I am emotionally stable and relatively happy so its nothing personal. The only other thing that springs to mind is the ever increasing amounts of information/analysis coming from the alternative media that just seems to be getting worse and more grim in outlook.

I had a conversation with a work colleague who knows my views and told him I believe that there will be a crash and he asked me if I seriously believed that, what was I doing about it to prepare??? This made me realise that I have been doing very little so now I am buying silver and starting to go down the prep route.

In the past I have made threads saying that as a community we should join together and do more to share information with the masses. When I look back on when I started this journey to now, I think the information sharing has done pretty well on its own as I would say more and more opinion seems to be shifting away from authority, there are still a huge amount of uncaring/unknowing people out there, however I defo see more ripples everywhere and in everything.

So yeah, is the time for shouting the message up and should people put their beliefs where their mouths is?.... Are you prepared for anything when the shit goes down?

Last edited by bemore; 27-06-2014 at 12:14 AM.
bemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
julieannboo

i dont know how to prepare!

so i am not much help.

what do i need to buy? tin food?
julieannboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
hagrid

then join one of these for information: http://forum.survivaluk.net http://doomsdayprepperforums.org www.uk-preppers.co.uk yes, buy a couple of extra tins every time you go shopping, aim to stock enough for a minimum of 72 hours(3 days) per person and increase from there.

Last edited by hagrid; 27-06-2014 at 02:11 PM.
hagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #4
Dude111

Another good site: www.survivalistboards.com?styleid=1

www.preparedsociety.com/forum

Both sites running VBB (3.x)

Last edited by Dude111; 27-06-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #5
knowman
Inactive

Earlier in the year I was very concerned. And I still am re the global economy. It is hard to argue with the maths (exponential growth, finite resources).

I started reading some preppers information e.g. I bought a copy of the 'Patriot' guide which is actually very good albeit written by an ex-military man (the military angle is not everyone's cup of tea obviously). Um, but the extent of my preparation is that I have a good knife and a means to fire! For me that is the bare minimum! If I had the money I'd buy property with running water, ideally. That is probably the best investment, as I presently see it, property with running water and good soil.

One of the best sources of information I found was the 'Where There Is No Doctor' pdf on the Internet. At some point I intend to look through that and learn some basic medicine. I'd like to learn how to fire a gun too. It is just a matter of priorities (scarcity principle). I wish I had more time and energy!

I mean I'd love to get really prepared. I'd probably set up a kill zone and everything if I had the means (if everything goes kaput, and you are all set up, you will want to deter the looters!). Of course, I don't really know if it is all going to turn to shit. I'm concerned but the doomsayers seem to always get it wrong. Who knows?
knowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
glacidtek

I know gold and silver seem like a good way to prepare, but they are just beer tokens or bottle tops when it realy comes down to it.

BUY LAND!

...............BUY IT NOW!

Tins of food for christs sakes!?

How long have you been thinking 'I better prepare'?
And how much could you have done in the interim if you had used the energy practically to set yourself up..... rather than just thinking about it?

Sorry, I'm jabbing you with a stick! But I see threads on here daily with people saying they want to live independently of the system...... but people seem to like the idea more than getting practical about it.
glacidtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
glacidtek

Is preping a means to its own end?

What are you prepairing for?

If your only stocking up on gold and tins of food, you are setting yourself up for a fall.
When the shit does hit the fan you only have a limited supply...... then what?

Prepare by getting out of the system...... if and when it collapses your not even part of it.

I see 'prepping' with tins and stock piles as a reflex reaction to the situation..... ie based on fear.
Have a possitive personal reaction to the possibility of the SHTF and learn the real survival skills of self sufficiency.
glacidtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
oz93666

Yes important to prepare.... get out of the cities....and have a secure source of food.

I don't think it's too important to buy where you stay, if it all breaks down ,possesion is 9/10ths of the law.
oz93666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
the apprentice
Inactive

How does one prep for this kind of scenario, who will be the remaining half a billion, the ones with the skills to help build the new world post Georgia stones or those who will simply labour just to live after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j31V...layer_embedded

How does she prepare for it, whilst wearing shoes made in China perhaps.

Getting out of the city is one way of doing things, after all most cities are based upon false concepts anyway, all needed items normally goes into a city and nothing much comes back out, other than those wanting to avoid the inevitable during any huge or natural disaster.
the apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
maxine

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieannboo View Post
i dont know how to prepare!

so i am not much help.

what do i need to buy? tin food?
There's not much point, in making too much of an effort! If you have gold, or silver.......your own community will steal it! If you have food, or water.......they'll steal it! Then you have to think of what caused the crash! If it's nuclear - there will be radiation to think of! That's if you're fortunate enough not to be incinerated, or have your eyeballs running down your cheeks! There will also be bio weapons involved! Adding to that.....microprocessors have been added to your water supply, etc! Your Government will then trigger these microprocessors using technology! You'll have flu like symptoms, your lungs will fill with mucus, and you will die within ten days!
That's if your own military don't put a bullet in your head first!

So i would suggest just keeping a few extra things - plus a long length of rope!!

Last edited by maxine; 22-09-2014 at 04:41 PM.
maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #11
hagrid

not only do you need a stock of food and water..as much as possible...but you also need other "stuff" but it dosent matter how much you store you cannot store enough "stuff" to last the rest of your life.... but SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE will last you the rest of your life, start with learning how to grow your own food.
Old 22-09-2014, 05:02 PM   #12
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagrid View Post
not only do you need a stock of food and water..as much as possible...but you also need other "stuff" but it dosent matter how much you store you cannot store enough "stuff" to last the rest of your life.... but SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE will last you the rest of your life, start with learning how to grow your own food.
Could'nt have put it better myself, however,

pass on those skills and knowledge and there will be more survivors to enjoy the post facto results, and a few skilled and helping hands to create a survival worth living.
Old 22-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #13
ufochick

Knowledge is the most important thing. How to get water from land (yes it can be done) which common plants are edible, how to build a shelter or what materials will keep you warm. How to start a fire, how to filter water with natures tools, what insects are edible, how to trap an animal, clean it and cook it over a fire. Racket stoves, herbs for medicine.

Lots of stuff to learn. Learn how to grow and can food, sew, cook from scratch. Better to buy dry ingredients than tins.
Profiles, hosting for files, pics, videos, PMs, blogs, social walls and much more.
ufochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2014, 09:02 AM   #14
hagrid

Default collapse of the system.

as my thread "blackout Britain" got highjacked I'm going to put this here. we have 3 core systems in civilisation today, Power/Electricity, Finance/Banking and telecommunications, the weak link of these is electricity, the failure of any one of these systems will cause the collapse of the other 2 within a matter of days or weeks at the most. this will then result in the failure of civilisation as we know it.
Old 30-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #15
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
as my thread "blackout Britain" got highjacked I'm going to put this here. we have 3 core systems in civilisation today, Power/Electricity, Finance/Banking and telecommunications, the weak link of these is electricity, the failure of any one of these systems will cause the collapse of the other 2 within a matter of days or weeks at the most. this will then result in the failure of civilisation as we know it.
I might wander slightly but here this,

If we remember back to the days of the power cuts in the 70's and the state of affairs regionally, we can build a bigger picture of what was the cause and troubles of those times.

The strikes and the unions of the 70's stopped the nation from making things efficiently, electricity the main energy to keep things running, not just lights but industry as a whole.

Now see where we are industrially today, in the pits, and the pits themselves closed, it is a manufactured decline to distract those reliant on the technology, as the industry leaves our shore, the need for power is much lowered, but to distract the masses further they hit them where it hurts most, so they give in to TPTB.

One fact that many might not have noticed is, the power stations are now well guarded better than some of our military bases, razor wire and patrols etc, this is because they need the power themselves to control the high tech control systems over people.

Thus TPTB are in a catch 22 situation if the people realise this.
Old 30-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #16
hagrid

the power stations might be guarded(don't know, I am a long way from any) but there are less of them now, 5 have been shut down in the last few years-the last two will be shut in 2015 and there is nothing to replace them, 2 new ones wont be online until 2023, the gap between electricity output and demand is 4%(it was 17% a few years ago) so a cold winter could tip the balance and out go the lights.
Old 30-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
the apprentice
Inactive

Quote:
the power stations might be guarded(don't know, I am a long way from any) but there are less of them now, 5 have been shut down in the last few years-the last two will be shut in 2015 and there is nothing to replace them, 2 new ones wont be online until 2023, the gap between electricity output and demand is 4%(it was 17% a few years ago) so a cold winter could tip the balance and out go the lights.
The government have just ok'd planning for three new reactors at Sellafield, so they are planning long term regardless of the supply and demand, they do not care how many suffer and now push really hard for the global take over.

If we take a look at what the needed electricity is feeding, there is a gap to what we are actually using it for, many white goods can be left out and the power used for the essential wares, TPTB know this and have countered for it, this you can be sure of.

Once things go digital is when things will begin in earnest , the power to run the control grid will need very little to keep it running, while the greater demand can be cut down to the quick.

Space junk is where the main frame will be run from, totally independent from the surface, on the surface they already have solar stations that can run it 24-7, without power stations.

Electrical power is the main frame, there is two internets today, one the councils and one for us, notice the new council buildings, they now all have back up generators, so they are already prepared.

When our luxury power is rationed , theirs will be fully up and running, and when ours comes back on line, the first place we would go to is the TV and the internet for answers..
Old 01-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #18
wazaaap

I used to post here a lot and would consider myself a survival expert. I came to the realisation a few years ago that there aren't 7 billion people on the planet. There are only a few thousand of us.

Most here are dead! The world is fucked so I don't see it as preparing, I see it as living in the real world.

People are waiting for the event, but in reality it has already happened.

To prepare you must not think of tins and bug out bags, u must think living with nothing but your body. Anything that is man made is a BONUS.

That is true prepping.

George Orwells 1984
wazaaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #19
tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post
I used to post here a lot and would consider myself a survival expert. I came to the realisation a few years ago that there aren't 7 billion people on the planet. There are only a few thousand of us.

Most here are dead! The world is fucked so I don't see it as preparing, I see it as living in the real world.

To prepare you must not think of tins and bug out bags, u must think living with nothing but your body. Anything that is man made is a BONUS.

That is true prepping.

quality post
Old 02-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #20
hagrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazaaap View Post

That is true prepping.
you have a point there, a stock of tins and water is only for the "hunker" down period( when its not safe to go outside) a supply to last you say 6 months to a year maximum , after that it will be what you can grow, hunt or forage in your immediate location....which is where the skills and knowledge I previously referred to comes in.