Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 23-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #1
swamideva

Default Are you dehyrated?

Water Is Life For The Human Body

The majority of us are chronically dehydrated and don't even know it. Did you know that when you are chronically dehydrated your body actually stops feeling thirsty? Also, often times when you feel hungry, it is just another way your body is trying to tell you it is thirsty.
It is impossible for your body to function properly while dehydrated.
You may have problems concentrating
Your blood slows down creating high blood pressure
Muscles can ache, cramp or you may even wake in the night with a Charlie Horse
Your liver does not function up to par which slows down your body's detoxification creating illness and diseases. Cancer occurs when your body cannot eliminate the toxins faster than you put them in. This is why the liver is vital for healing cancer
Your skin becomes dry and crusty. If you are looking to look younger, drinking plenty of water will help.
There are a lot of figures out there which will tell you how much water to drink but I'm going to say that if you don't drink at least 100 oz a day, your body is paying for it. Also, almost everything else you drink such as soda, coffee and alcohol all dehydrate you. This figure may sound high but your body will help you. The more water you drink the more your body tells you that it is thirsty. Build up to this number slowly if you need to. Just keep improving.

Sources: Dave Sommers, Herculean Health

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.c...uman-body.html

Last edited by swamideva; 23-07-2013 at 06:22 AM.
swamideva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
al209

I am extremely wary of recommendations to drink x amount if water a day or drink when you are not thirsty. Excessive water intake and by extension increased blood and interstitial fluid volume and lowered electrolyte concenetration can lower your metabolic rate as easily evidenced by a drop in body temperature. Pissing clear is a sign of the body being stressed, having low blood sugar or relying on fat burning via the stress hormones.

There seems to be a concerted effort to have us drink loads of water, considering that's a primary vehicle for their poisons it's no surprise.

Excess water in the intestine leads to overproduction of serotonin, which contrary to popular belief isn't a good thing.

Regular coffee users are not dehydrated by it, nor does it affect their sleep. Alcohol dehydrates yes, but there are plenty of other reasons to not do that often/at all.

Eat for heat is a good little read on water intake and its effects. I feel much better and warmer when I just drink to thirst.

If your gonna insist on chugging loads of water make sure you take salt too.
Old 23-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by al209 View Post
I am extremely wary of recommendations to drink x amount if water a day or drink when you are not thirsty. Excessive water intake and by extension increased blood and interstitial fluid volume and lowered electrolyte concenetration can lower your metabolic rate as easily evidenced by a drop in body temperature. Pissing clear is a sign of the body being stressed, having low blood sugar or relying on fat burning via the stress hormones.

There seems to be a concerted effort to have us drink loads of water, considering that's a primary vehicle for their poisons it's no surprise.

Excess water in the intestine leads to overproduction of serotonin, which contrary to popular belief isn't a good thing.

Regular coffee users are not dehydrated by it, nor does it affect their sleep. Alcohol dehydrates yes, but there are plenty of other reasons to not do that often/at all.

Eat for heat is a good little read on water intake and its effects. I feel much better and warmer when I just drink to thirst.

Can we have sources for this information.
Old 23-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
al209

Personal experience not good enough I suppose?

There is a reason we have thirst, same as we have hunger, sensitivity to heat/cold etc.

You could always use google in the meantime swami, or pubmed, or even this very forum, but Ill post some links up later its a nightmare on a phone.

Isn't it obvious that adding water to a salty solution makes the solution less concentrated? And that we need a specific concentration of electrolytes for optimal hydration? Do you really think excess water is harmless?
What about all the E kids who died because of misguided recommendations to drink as much water as possible while out dancing?

Google hyponatremia.
Old 23-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
swamideva

Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don't Medicate, Hydrate!

1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!

2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!

3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).

4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!

5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.

6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.

7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.

8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains - Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.

9. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!

10. Save Money! - Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-4287/...ore-Water.html
Old 23-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #6
swamideva

10 Surprising Reasons to Drink More Water

We hear about importance of drinking enough water constantly. On the flip side, there has been a growing trend in the media lately that the commonly recommended eight cups of water daily is a myth, which is technically accurate, but not the whole story. Whether you need eight cups of water daily, or four or ten, most people are not getting the message that whatever their particular water needs are, they aren’t meeting them.

And even dietitians, nutritionists, and medical professionals are contributing to the problem by informing people that they get enough water in their diet in the form of fruits and vegetables. That might be true for some people, but after assessing the diets of countless people, I assure you that isn’t the case for most people.

Plus, have you ever noticed that when you throw vegetables in a pan and turn on the heat you’ll see liquid in the pan soon afterward, and then shortly after that you’ll see steam rising from them? That’s because you’re literally cooking the water out of the vegetables.

Researchers estimate that half of the world’s population is chronically dehydrated. And in America, that level is even higher at 75 percent of the population.

More than two-thirds of your body weight is water. Without adequate water your body’s biochemical and electrical (yes electrical, read on!) processes begin to break down. The list of reasons your body needs water is as plentiful as the functions in your body, so due to space limitations, here are 10 good reasons to drink more water:

1. Your blood is over 80 percent water and needs water to make healthy new blood cells.

2. Your bones are over 50 percent water and, you guessed it, need water to make healthy new bone cells.

3. Drinking more water actually helps lessen pain in your body by getting your lymphatic system moving. The lymphatic system is a network of nodes, tubes, vessels, and fluid that move waste out of your tissues. It requires water to function properly.

4. Water helps to eliminate wastes and toxins from your body through the lymphatic system, kidneys, and intestines.

5. Water lubricates your joints and helps reduce joint pain and protect against wear and tear.

6. Water regulates your metabolism so if you’re overweight chances are you may need more water.

7. Water balances body temperature.

8. Water helps to ensure adequate electrical functioning so your brain and nervous system function properly. Your brain and nervous system send out electrical signals to function properly. Researchers estimate that your brain gives off about the same amount of electricity as a 60 watt light bulb. So, there’s some truth to the image of a light bulb going on when someone has a good idea.

9. Water alleviates dehydration (and I’ve already mentioned that most people are chronically dehydrated).

10. Every cell and organ in your body requires adequate water to function properly.

So, one of the quickest and easiest ways to improve your health is to start drinking more pure water every day. Be sure to drink water an empty stomach or you’ll simply be diluting your digestive enzymes and making your digestion less effective.

And, choose purified water as much as possible (but get yourself a BPA-free water bottle so you won’t pollute the planet with all those plastic water bottles. In wealthy, developed nations with plentiful access to water, we really have no excuses for not drinking enough water.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-...ow.html?page=2
Old 23-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
swamideva

Your Body's Many Cries for Water: A Revolutionary Natural Way to Prevent Illness and Restore Good Health

Amazon Review

Water, water everywhere - but do we drink enough?, 9 Nov 2005
By
Kathy Lang
This review is from: Your Body's Many Cries for Water: A Revolutionary Natural Way to Prevent Illness and Restore Good Health (Paperback)
In the west, most people drink little or no water, and often do drink lots of dehydrating liquids such as coffee or alcoholic drinks. The health pundits tell you to drink more without being very clear on why. And if you've ever tried to lose weight, you'll almost certainly have been urged to drink lots of water - as my mother used cynically to say, ‘to fill you up’.

But is there more to it than that? Dr Batmanghelidj thinks there iis. I found this book by accident when I was trying to find out just WHY water is supposed to be good for you, and I was riveted from the first page. It's easy to be sceptical of anyone so enthusiastic, but, if Dr Batmanghelidjhe is right, then far too many people are taking medication for problems such as high blood pressure and raised cholesterol, when all they really need to do is to drink a lot more water.

I don't suffer from either of those conditions myself, thankfully, but since I started taking the book's advice and drinking at least two litres of plain water each day, I've noticed a huge improvement in my energy levels. It's often hard to keep to this regime when I'm away from home, and I really notice the difference – even when I'm on holiday, I get fatigued much more easily when I drink less water.

My one criticism of this book is that there is not enough independent confirmation of the many fascinating anecdotes. I guess the idea of water being a cure-all is too dangerous for the pharmaceutical companies' profits and too naive for most doctors!

Last edited by swamideva; 23-07-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 23-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
infinite i

Quote:

Interesting point of view, heard all the pro water stuff before and for me personally seems a bit over the top, spending half your day getting down lots of water just doesn't seem natural and recently someone told me when hungover and you drink lots of water it doesn't seem that satisfying because your body actually needs electrolytes and sugars to replace what's gone, certainly feels that way, water just doesn't seem to cut it. When I've done the excessive water regime I'm pissing constantly and it doesn't seem normal though open minded to the fact it could be because I'm not used to it. I'm still undecided and don't trust most "studies" out there, usually supported by governments that say drink a shitload of the stuff, another reason I'm wary. I live in a hot country now and my water intake is well up but it seems kinda natural. When drinking a lot in a cold country I was constantly at the toilet which was a put off.

The Spice expands conciousness

The Spice is vital for space travel
infinite i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
swamideva

The most important book you'll ever read...

This book challenges the medical establishment at the deepest level. Dr "Batman", following more than twenty years of research and experience into the healing effects of water and salt, has come to the conclusion that almost all our diseases are the result of chronic dehydration. Instead of treating people with water and salt, we are "poisoning" them with drugs, which bring their own risks and can kill people. The book is clearly written for the layperson to understand, but the doctor goes into all the physiological reasons of why our body needs water and how it is constantly signalling us that it is in drought. It all seems so obvious when it's spelt out! I found the book compelling reading and almost instantly cut out caffeine (tea and coffee are prime "dehydrators") and started on The Water Cure. Be prepared to have your old beliefs challenged, but, when you read the testimonials written by people who have recovered from cancer, diabetes, incontinence, asthma and allergies and so on, you might think again. Could be your life-saving read!
Old 23-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
al209

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt head View Post
Interesting point of view, heard all the pro water stuff before and for me personally seems a bit over the top, spending half your day getting down lots of water just doesn't seem natural and recently someone told me when hungover and you drink lots of water it doesn't seem that satisfying because your body actually needs electrolytes and sugars to replace what's gone, certainly feels that way, water just doesn't seem to cut it. When I've done the excessive water regime I'm pissing constantly and it doesn't seem normal though open minded to the fact it could be because I'm not used to it. I'm still undecided and don't trust most "studies" out there, usually supported by governments that say drink a shitload of the stuff, another reason I'm wary. I live in a hot country now and my water intake is well up but it seems kinda natural. When drinking a lot in a cold country I was constantly at the toilet which was a put off.
I think it's a sign of how arrogant we have become that we think we somehow know better than our body. It will do its best to keep water and salt levels optimal no matter what we think or do. It's limited in its capacity to save us from ourselves though. Millions of years developing thirst, salt cravings and the renin - angiotensin - aldosterone system, and we think we know better because we read a book!

Last edited by al209; 23-07-2013 at 09:34 AM.
al209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
jondoeuk
Inactive

Nothing beats the metallic tasting, recycled brown water. Filter, filter & filter
jondoeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #12
jack tripper

Is it true that if your urine is the same color as lemonade it means you are adequately hydrated, but if it is a strong yellow color you are in need of water. Is that true or not?
jack tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
swamideva

Default Dr. Batmanghelidj's Water Cure

Dr. Batmanghelidj's Water Cure - How Water & Salt Intake Affects Your Health

Have You Heard of Dr.Batmanghelidj's Water Cure?

Disclaimer: This hub is FOR INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.Please consult your own personal medical advisor before engaging in any health protocol. Readers acknowledge that they use this information at their own discretion and risk.

Dr. F. Batmanghelidj (aka "Dr. Batman") is now deceased, but before he died, this physician did more than any other doctor to popularize interest in the study of chronic intracellular dehydration as the problem behind a wide variety of common ills.

His insight came while he himself was imprisoned for political reasons in Iran. While there - and without proper medical facilities or medication - as a "doctor" he was expected to treat the ill who came to him in the prison.

One day a man presented himself with acute ulcer pain. Dr. Batmanghelidj only had water to offer. Two glasses of water, however, quickly eased the pain. Because water was the only "medication" freely available to him, the good doctor began to experiment the use of water to remedy a variety of conditions. By the time he was able to escape his imprisonment, he was convinced enough to devote the rest of his life to the study of the link between proper hydration and health.

Below are 6 videos that compose a debate on the efficacy of the Water Cure with Dr. Bathmanghelidj.

I've also attached some relevant links for more information on the "Water Cure".

What is the "Water Cure"?

Here is what Dr. Batmanghelidj prescribed as the "Water Cure".

1. Sufficient Water. For every 2 pounds of body weight, he recommended that one drink one ounce of water.

Someone weighing 200 pounds should, therefore, drink 100 ounces of water in addition to any other liquids one may ingest.

It's important to drink enough water regardless of whatever else one may drink because beverages like coffee, tea, and carbonated beverages contain caffeine and other additives that dehydrate the body and tend to produce the signs of illness.

Water should be consumed upon arising and at 2 hour intervals (approximately) throughout the day.

In addition to water, one easily overlooked component to Dr. Batmanghelidj's "Water Cure" is this:

2. Sea Salt. For every 16 ounces of water, Dr. Batmanghelidj recommended 1/8th tsp of sea salt taken on the tongue.

This is recommended for everybody by Dr. Batmanghelidj but especially for people suffering from asthma and allergies. The salt, he says, serves as an antihistamine.

As I've said salt intake is easily overlooked. The main element is water in a "water cure" but unless you take the right amount of salt, the good doctor says your results will not be as good as they might be.

Conditions Helped By Dr. Batmanghelidj's Water Cure

Dr. Batmanghelidj's studies suggested that dehydration was the culprit behind many conditions. Here are some health issues that Dr. Batmanghelidj offered advice about:

Allergies
Angina
Arthritis
Asthma
Autoimmune Diseases
Back Pain
Cancer
Colitis
Constipation
Depression
Diabetes
Fibromyalgia
Heartburn
High Blood Cholesterol
High Blood Pressure
Low Energy
Migraines
Obesity
Pain
Skin conditions
And many more...

Does Dr. Batmanghelidj Recommend Water Filter usage?

In my reading of Dr. Batmanghelidj's writings, he never suggested the use of "water filters".

He considered that most municipalities in the United States had perfectly fine water for use in the "Water Cure".

Obviously there are situations where taste and contaminants make additional filtration of tap water preferable before use.

The most common complaint about tap water is the "chlorine taste". Many times this can be alleviated through allowing the chlorine in the water to enter the atmosphere which it does, over time.

Some individuals, though, still want to use basic filtration to remove the chlorine taste.

You may wish to consider some water filters that are commonly for sale at Amazon or Ebay if you find the taste of chlorine objectionable.

Water Cure Links

The Official Water Cure site http://searchtermresults.com/?dn=wat...djs-Water-Cure
The official water cure site has basic information and books by "Dr. B" and other information on the "Water Cure".

Water Cure Unofficial Site http://www.watercure2.org/
This is an unofficial water cure site that makes other information available
on the water cure

WaterCure TV Debate http://youtu.be/Q120JWs3xws
Old 23-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #14
al209

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
Is it true that if your urine is the same color as lemonade it means you are adequately hydrated, but if it is a strong yellow color you are in need of water. Is that true or not?
I would say thats a pretty good guideline. Yellow, but not almost orange

People seem to forget that its the concentration of salts that is key, not total water intake. Saying 1 ounce water per pound bodyweight is too simplistic. Doesnt take into account environmental factors, water and mineral content of your food etc

Last edited by al209; 23-07-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 23-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #15
swamideva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack tripper View Post
I do think that your body needs adequate water, and strong yellow urine is definitely a symptom of severe dehydration, though urine is not the only indicator.

Most people think that a dry mouth is the indicator of a need for water. The medical profession think so.

A dry mouth is a symptom that you are dehydrated. But why wait until your body cries out for it. it is best to keep your body topped up.

You would not let your car run out of petrol before you filled it up, so why let your body dehydrate before you top it up.

The title of the above book. Your bodies many cries for water. Says it all.
Old 23-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #16
swamideva

Default Your Body’s Many Cries For Water

Your Body’s Many Cries For Water

Author: Barmanghelidj |

Secrets of “the water cure” were revealed to me in the most unlikely place you could imagine…a Middle Eastern prison. It was 1979 when I found myself caught in a political inferno.

After graduating from St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School of London University and having the honor of being selected as the resident doctor in my own medical school, I returned to my birthplace of Iran to set up medical centers and clinics. I became very successful in this endeavor. Then the political volcano erupted. You likely saw on television the angry masses engaged in the violent overthrow of the Shah and the Iranian government.

Tragically, almost all professional people who had stayed in the country were rounded up and taken to prison to be investigated, tried, and “dealt with” as quickly as possible. Some people were shot on the first day or two. Their “revolutionary” trials consisted of establishment of identity, pronouncement of guilt, then the sentence. Most of the trials lasted no more than ten minutes. Some people were given a little more time before being “processed.” I was fortunate to be among the latter group. I suppose my skills as a doctor were useful to prison authorities.

At one point, the prison which was designed to hold 600 persons was “sardine-packed” with 8,000 to 9,000 prisoners. At the height of their revolutionary fervor, prison authorities used some cells built for six to eight people to isolate up to 90 persons. One third would lie down, one third would squat, and one third would have to stand. Every few hours, prisoners would rotate position.

The nightmare of life and death in that prison haunted everyone and tested the courage of both the strong and the weak. This is when it was revealed to me some of the greatest secrets of the human body never before understood by the medical profession. For most of the prisoners, who ranged in age from 14 to 80, pressures of the exceptionally harsh prison life caused much stress and illness. I knew I was meant to be there to help some of these desperate people.

It was in Evin Prison where I discovered for the first time in medicine that “classical diseases” of the body respond well to an increase in water intake. About two months into my imprisonment (after the first six weeks in solitary confinement), my purpose was revealed and it forever changed my life. Late one night, I was awakened to see an inmate in excruciating stomach pain. He could not walk by himself. Two other inmates were helping him stay upright. He was suffering from peptic ulcer disease and he wanted pain medication. His face dropped when I told him I had not been allowed to bring medical supplies with me to prison.

Then the revolutionary breakthrough occurred! I gave him two glasses of water. His pain disappeared in minutes and he could stand up by himself. He beamed from ear to ear. You cannot imagine the joy of relief he experienced, even in those harsh surroundings. “What happens if the pain comes back?” he asked. “Drink two glasses of water every three hours,” I told him.

He became pain-free and remained disease-free for the rest of his time in prison. His “water cure” totally amazed me as a doctor. I knew I had witnessed a healing power to water that I had not been taught in medical school. If water could relieve a painful condition, surely it needed further research! My eyes were opened. I realized why I had come to prison! I was sent there to learn a new approach to medicine and to reveal many other hidden secrets about the human body.......http://tasteofhealth.net/tips-on-liv...ries-for-water
Old 23-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
swamideva

Quote:
I would say thats a pretty good guideline. Yellow, but not almost orange

People seem to forget that its the concentration of salts that is key, not total water intake. Saying 1 ounce water per pound bodyweight is too simplistic. Doesnt take into account environmental factors, water and mineral content of your food etc
Please source your material.
Old 23-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
al209

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamideva View Post
Please source your material.
Well, i wrote that by myself, so I am the source.

What points do you disagree with?
Old 23-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #19
nixieolgb

al,

thats the trouble with u mate. ur reliance on non evidence based studies is the reason u r where u r today.

havent read the whole fred but did any1 mention the quality of water u r drinking is almost as important as drinking fluoride free water. esp. in cancer patients as chemo destroys the electrolyte balance. buxton bottled water seems to have a good balance. high mineral content compared to other brands. perfect for hydrating ur body as u r going thru treatment.

i hate the fact that everything i talk about tends to turn into a discussion about cancer...
nixieolgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #20
al209

Heres a few wikipedia links to get you started. Its difficult sometimes to remember where you learned stuff youve known for years. I could try and make a list of the biology and human physiology books ive read, but there are a lot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overhydration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldosterone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renin%E...otensin_system

Nixie, critical thinking is a curse mate

I hate the fact everything i talk about ends up as an argument..

Last edited by al209; 23-07-2013 at 09:30 AM.