Go Back   David Icke's Official Forums > Main Forums > Health / Natural Healing / Therapies / Nutrition

Old 23-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #21
bast

This is the final episode. I hope that those who have watched have gleaned some helpful pointers to guide them. Certainly been a bit of an eye-opener.....what I thought was perfectly harmless is bad for you or not a natural part of our diet and makes us ill or how much garbage is foisted on us in the name of profit to companies and shareholders who just don't care about suffering, as long as it makes them money, right?

Episode 7: "I Reversed Autoimmune Disease! The Emotional Stories of Those That Overcame Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis, Lupus, Asthma, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Chronic Fatigue, and More".

P.S. I don't know how long these will be up on YT.
bast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 10:50 AM   #22
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast View Post
This is the final episode. I hope that those who have watched have gleaned some helpful pointers to guide them. Certainly been a bit of an eye-opener.....what I thought was perfectly harmless is bad for you or not a natural part of our diet and makes us ill or how much garbage is foisted on us in the name of profit to companies and shareholders who just don't care about suffering, as long as it makes them money, right?

Episode 7: "I Reversed Autoimmune Disease! The Emotional Stories of Those That Overcame Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis, Lupus, Asthma, Autoimmune Hepatitis, Chronic Fatigue, and More".

That is the reason I have purchased them, time is a bit pressured ATM and I don't want to miss out.

Please don't feed the trolls.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
the tealady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #23
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Bumping this for its importance.

When I LIKE a post, it does not always mean I agree, it can also just mean I think a valid point has been made.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:39 PM   #24
jem stone

Quote:

Bast, thank you so much for posting this information.

I've been struggling with IBS for a long time, and although I'm pretty much on top of the digestive issues, I am still suffering from fatigue.

I've just finished ep4 and I'm overwhelmed by all the information so far. I'm not ashamed to say it's had me in tears a few times.

The way conventional medicine "treats" chronic illness/autoimmune diseases is an absolute disgrace and Dr O'Bryan is an absolute hero for putting this series together.

This series has the power to change lives, and I'm very grateful to you for bringing to the forum's attention.
If we want to set out on the arduous search for the truth, we must all summon up the courage to leave the lines along which we have thought until now, and as the first step begin to doubt everything that we previously accepted as correct and true. Can we still afford to close our eyes and stop up our ears because new ideas are supposed to be heretical and absurd? Erich von Däniken
jem stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:40 PM   #25
jem stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tealady View Post
Bumping this for its importance.
Sticky?
If we want to set out on the arduous search for the truth, we must all summon up the courage to leave the lines along which we have thought until now, and as the first step begin to doubt everything that we previously accepted as correct and true. Can we still afford to close our eyes and stop up our ears because new ideas are supposed to be heretical and absurd? Erich von Däniken
jem stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:01 PM   #26
Merrylegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem stone View Post
Sticky?
Yes. I have learned so much about how to live with an autoimmune disease from people on this forum, I would like to thank you all.
Merrylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #27
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem stone View Post
Sticky?
Request sent for a team vote.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:52 AM   #28
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Stuck

Old 06-12-2016, 09:11 AM   #29
the tealady
Forum Advisor

Dr Tom talks about inflammation and the fact that our children will have a shorter lifestyle than we will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2SvI4AL-LE

Last edited by the tealady; 06-12-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:27 PM   #30
bast

Thanks for support in making this a sticky Tealady

Sorry I've been offline a couple of days but here is
Episode 8: Stories of Hope: Autoimmune Patients Share Their Experiences of Suffering and Their Secret Path to Healing

Again I don't know how long it will be live for or if the link will work to non-subscribers.

Reading some of the comments (if you have subscribed to the Betrayal mailing site) some people are annoyed that no actual "cure" or "what to take" is really discussed. I don't think that is necessarily the point as with true holistic functional medicine you are educated in the basics and then find what works for you! The series is just putting out there what a lot of people don't know about how important our digestive tracts are for our wellbeing and if it gets damaged it can cause some awful trouble, in some cases some years down the line.

I have finally decided to go 100% gluten free and have done for the last 2 weeks. It's not so bad, you can still eat meat (preferably grass fed) and lots of veg. No grains apart from maize/corn starch and oats (as long as they have been harvested and rolled etc. in a gluten-free facility).
I was never much of a bread or pasta eater and I'm happy with the alternatives, even if the GF bread tastes a little sweet it is quite edible! Ready made sauces are out and it's shocking how much wheat is an ingrediant in what seems like everything and a few surprises as well.

I'm happy to say that the bloating that plagued me has virtually gone and I don't blow up like Jeremiah Bullfrog after a meal now.

Thankfully there is a lot more GF food now but you still have to check labels. It's also a big advantage that we cook from scratch most times anyway and living in the country have access to well-priced and stocked organic produce farm shops.

And I've got rather fond of real sauerkraut (not cabbage in vinegar). Easy to make and easy to get in health food shops. As Dr Tom O'Bryan says, a couple of forkfulls a day is good probiotic for your guts to repopulate good bacteria.

Hope others are finding inspiration too.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #31
bast

Have to say that the above Episode 8 is not available online anymore.

To make up here is a great discussion with Dr Tom on the gluten-thyroid link. This information is good for anyone wanting to pursue a 100% gluten-free diet. He also gives a really good explanation on what an autoimmune response is and what it does.

Oh.......mentioning in an above post that I bought some sauerkraut from my little local health food shop? Although the jar says its ingrediants are certified organic cabbage, sea salt and juniper berries it has been pasteurised!. Agghhh! That defeats the whole point of its probiotic goodness, downgrading it to a mere condiment.
This was only mentioned to me by a member of my thyroid support group who warned me and said even though it doesn't say "pasteurised" on the jar label it does mention it only on the product website. This should not be allowed, it's misleading. Needless to say I have written an email to them pointing this out.

So now....I'm going to have a bash at making my own. Kilner jars ready......
Old 08-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #32
Merrylegs

Quote:
Have to say that the above Episode 8 is not available online anymore.

To make up here is a great discussion with Dr Tom on the gluten-thyroid link. This information is good for anyone wanting to pursue a 100% gluten-free diet. He also gives a really good explanation on what an autoimmune response is and what it does.

Oh.......mentioning in an above post that I bought some sauerkraut from my little local health food shop? Although the jar says its ingrediants are certified organic cabbage, sea salt and juniper berries it has been pasteurised!. Agghhh! That defeats the whole point of its probiotic goodness, downgrading it to a mere condiment.
This was only mentioned to me by a member of my thyroid support group who warned me and said even though it doesn't say "pasteurised" on the jar label it does mention it only on the product website. This should not be allowed, it's misleading. Needless to say I have written an email to them pointing this out.

So now....I'm going to have a bash at making my own. Kilner jars ready......
Let us know how you get on and how ou make it. I have thought of making some myself but I am a bit reluctant to breed bacteria then eat it.
Merrylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 03:35 PM   #33
surfsteve

Weird I clicked on part 8 and it said something about the 7 part series being closed. Confusing.
I downloaded the 7 parts so I still have them. Thought they were a bit redundant. I mostly listened to them in the background while doing other things.

Making your own sauerkraut is easy. They say you can make it without salt but this isn't exactly true. You need the salt to inhibit certain bacteria. If you don't use it you will grow something but it wont be the kind of bacteria you want for traditional sauerkraut. I think it will also turn mushy. You can ferment just about any vegetable. Somewhere I have written tons about it on this forum. Let me check!

I just bumped the thread for you...
Old 16-12-2016, 12:15 PM   #34
bast

I made my first batch of sauerkraut!

Made last Saturday and stuffed into a Mason "fido" jar along with some juniper berries and kept the whole schaboodle submerged with a cabbage leaf cut into a disc to sit on top. Kept it in the kitchen and watched the bubbles forming as it fermented. Glad I stood it on a saucer though to catch what "bled" through the rubber seal.
Sampled it last night for the first time and it seemed good so put it in the fridge.
Just tasted again today and it's yummy with a lovely crunch.

Hubby went for a walk into village and made a pastrami sandwich to eat on the way and put a large dollop of sauerkraut in it because I wanted him to try it and I think he just wanted to shut me up!

Just had a phonecall from him saying, "Nothing important but that sauerkraut is fantastic!".

Going to try some cucumbers next as well as more cabbage.....it's not going to last long is it.

Still sticking with the 100% GF diet and I feel so much better. Fatigue is lifting too.

Last edited by bast; 16-12-2016 at 12:17 PM.
bast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 06:55 PM   #35
surfsteve

Good going. I noticed you mentioned that it bled through the rubber seal. Did you put the seal on tight? Normally you don't do that and leave the seal loose. I just put the lids on loose to keep dust and dirt from falling in it while it is fermenting. Making an air tight seal will keep the carbon dioxide from escaping and give the vegetables a carbonated flavor; but if you kept opening it up to taste it perhaps you did it enough to let the carbon dioxide escape before it carbonated your vegetables. The really expensive sauerkraut stone crocks have a stone disc to hold the sauerkraut under the liquid. I always used a stone. Just find one from your back yard that is the perfect size, rinse it off and boil it in water to sterilize it. My favorite fermentation was a medley of carrots, onions, celery, peppers and cauliflower.
Old 16-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #36
bast

Yes there was a very slight "fizziness" to the kraut but it certainly wasn't unpleasant. Made it quite refreshing really and it was lovely and crunchy and hadn't turned to a really smelly goop.

I used a wire-clip jar It obviously lets a little gas out as there was a slight foam around the lip by the rubber seal. Not completely airtight as in lets gas out but none in.. I waited to taste it after 5 days as I was concerned that opening it too much at intervals might spoil it?

I will also save up regular screw-top jars as well, like you use.
Old 16-12-2016, 10:52 PM   #37
surfsteve

No. Opening it wont spoil it. (though technically fermenting by it's very nature is spoiling) You only need to cover it to prevent dust and stuff from falling in. Unless you like the carbonation you might consider leaving the jar loose next time and also using a rock or something like I mentioned to hold it down instead of wasting vegetables. It works a lot better. It is the salt which prevents the type of bacteria from growing that turns it into smelly goop. I like plenty of Celtic salt in my fermentations. I also use plenty of pepper, cayenne and oregano which retard certain kinds of bacteria and give it the flavor I am looking for. Like I said in another post: tasting it several times a day will teach you more than any book can about what fermentation does and how it works. You may even find that you eat it all before it is done. That's ok as long as you know how to make more!
Old 16-12-2016, 11:17 PM   #38
surfsteve

I was thinking. Perhaps you made a little alcohol in addition to carbon dioxide by trying to seal the lid. Generally an air lock is used when making alcoholic beverages to let the gasses produced by fermentation out and keep bacteria from the outside from getting in. Otherwise your wine will taste like vinegar, which is a good thing when making sauerkraut but a bad thing if you're trying to make wine. Now that I think about it most alcoholic beverages require heat to kill off all the microbes and adding yeast back in. There are very specific yeasts that determine which kind of alcohol you will make and your vegetables probably had the vinegar microbes from the air when you put them in that they picked up while growing in the field and probably would have made sauerkraut regardless. I remember my grandfather making wine and instead of an airlock he used a balloon with a pin hole over the bottle. Technically this could have let a little air back into the bottle yielding a lower quality wine.
Old 17-12-2016, 01:54 AM   #39
the tealady
Forum Advisor

I have gone the whole hog and gone GF, dairy free and eliminated nightshades. I am stunned at how much better I feel from reduced pain to a clearer mind. I have already cut out two meds and reduced the remaining one to half just since watching these videos.

Today we ordered a chlorine filter for the shower for when we use the mains water supply.

If we are to have any control over our lives it has to start with what we eat and how important we consider our own well being.

I researched all the meds that I and my husband are prescribed and there is scientific medical literature proving that each and every one of them disrupts the microbiome of the gut. People have no chance at all if they keep taking this crap.

Old 17-12-2016, 04:23 AM   #40
surfsteve

I been Gluten Free and haven't taken any supplements for close to two years and my immune system has been functioning perfectly till now; but I just came down with a cold virus. I ordered 2 supplements for the cold. A St. Johnswort extract and Monolaurin, an extract found in coconut oil but they probably wont arrive till long after my cold is gone.

Funny. I've been taking coconut oil all along but stopped and switched to olive oil several days before I came down with my cold. I also went three or 4 days without any liver or organ meat smoothies because I just got tired of them along with the coconut oil.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I just happened to come down with a cold at the same time I changed my diet but aside from the fact that I did, I can't help wondering if there was something that caused me to get tired of eating that way. I feel almost as though I was programmed or deceived by the cold virus. Is that even possible;or am I starting to loose my mind?